About this listing
Sunny, chic, comfortable clean.Private entry, garden,free breakfast & great coffee. Good free Wifi. Key security-box for flexi-arrival time. Great local Info Map. Live like a local, Ponsonby is THE place to be, everything within easy walking
- New superior comfort Queen Bed with high quality cotton sheets. Fluffy cotton bath-towels.
- Adjoining lounge area, with comfortable couch & sunny small private courtyard with chairs & table.
- ‘ Starter ’ breakfast, museli, fruit, homemade yoghurt, milk, Nespresso coffee machine & tea's provided at NO EXTRA CHARGE which you may prepare at your leisure in the kitchenette.
- Please note the kitchenette does have a sink but no oven.
- There is a microwave, toaster, mini-fridge/freezer. Bowls,plates,cutlery, good olive oil, balsamic vinegars etc.
- Double Sofa bed available - Ideal for friends traveling together or a child.
- Also fabulous SINGLE private room & private bathroom - $89 in our home next door https://www.airbnb.co.nz/rooms/1794604
- Private new bathroom
- Unlimited Free WIFI. ( most hotels
- Bose Speakers to plug your ipod, smartphone etc.
- LCD TV - 7 free local channels. DVD player by prior arrangement.
- Smoke detector – Smoking outside please.
- Security alarm system & Key-Pad front gate.
- Cooling fan & heating
- Hair dryer.
Interaction with Guests
The Studio is very private. Our home is next door, there is good sound proofing & trellising to ensure privacy for you. We are more than happy to meet & greet you OR there is a security key-box so you can arrive or leave as you please. We have a printed list for you of excellent local cafe, restaurants & bars - you can live like a local. We are global travellers & have lived in Auckland all our lives & are happy to offer you good local & national information if you wish. We also rent for longer term - weekly or monthly. Please make contact to discuss prices etc. airbnb, auckland accommodation, Ponsonby accommodation, apartment to rent, auckland central accommodation, www.airbnb.com, bed and breakfast, auckland apartment to rent, auckland central room to rent.
Ponsonby is a heritage village sitting on a sunny elevated ridge just minutes stroll down into Auckland City Central. The community is warm, fun, smart & welcoming overflowing with galleries, cafes, fashion & bric a brac shops & so much more. Ponsonby has a local 'Kiwiana' feeling; set in a 5 star world class city. We love it !
- Walking everywhere is easy, we are very central.
- On-street parking.
- Walk to Ponsonby Rd 3 minutes / Walk to City 15 minutes / Walk to Waterfront 20 minutes.
- Excellent Public Bus 50 meters & the famous INNER CITY LINK bus – $1.90 fee - 4 minutes walk from our door, takes you to City / Parnell / Newmarket & major attractions such as Museum, Art Gallery & more in minutes.
Other Things to Note
We have another beautiful private room for one person within our home that is also available thru AirBnB - stay in a fabulous house with three private gardens, library, swimming pool & of course the heart of any home the kitchen.
Please respect our space - as if it's your own. No parties or extra guests unless by prior arrangements.
Tanah was a terrific host! She allowed us to check in early and welcomed us with fresh fruit. She even helped arrange a taxi to the airport for us when we checked out which was greatly appreciated. The studio is spacious and clean with nice touches like a heated towel rack in the bathroom and homemade yoghurt as well as manuka honey in the fridge. The Ponsonby area is loaded with awesome restaurants and shops. My wife and I enjoyed our stay very much!
Tanah was friendly, relaxed and welcoming. Great list of local restaurants in the room with personal recommendations and muesli wih honey and yoghurt was a nice touch. The studio was much bigger than the photos which was a nice surprise. Booking in again next month!
Very nice. Tanah was a great host, recommending places nearby and providing us with fruit, honey, and cream. Plus homemade yogurt! The place was immaculate and appealing. Couldn't have asked for a better first Airbnb.
This was our first to New Zealand and Tanah was the perfect host. She prepared completed information for guests and we almost can find any information you may need for restaurants, transportation and entertainments which was greatly appreciated. The studio is nice and in a great location. We will definitely recommend the studio to our friends and family and hope to return again in the future.
Thank you so much for a great weekend break. Everything was so easy! We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and felt like new people by checkout. Would definitely stay again.
Wonderful experience! Tanah was a very thoughtful host and made sure we had everything we needed. Apartment was clean, quiet and in a wonderful location.
Tannah Jane was a fantastic friendly host. I was only here for one night and I wish I had stayed her longer. From the first contact she was very quick to respond and provided a lot of useful information from getting to the apartment, to tips for restaurants and places to visit around the area and in Auckland. The studio itself was charming. Even better than it was described. Clean, easy to find, comfy bed. Lots of nice little touches like milk and butter, printed out tips, and bathroom toiletries. Quite spacious for one person, cosy enough for 2. If you're looking to experience a bit of suburban life in Auckland, stay in this delightful studio.
This host has 51 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Tanah Jane
Welcome To Auckland ! I live here in our beautiful home with Sarah-Jane. - We are huge travellers & understand the benefits of local knowledge.
- We have created a local map & 'top spots' list for vibrant Ponsonby & the local area into the CBD that you will not find in any guide book ! - We love amazing food & wines, local beaches, theatre, live music, people & lots of laughter.
- We are professionals, my business - Gourmet Joy runs food & wine tours locally. Sarah-Jane is a Senior Osteopath in a busy local practice.
- We believe Airbnb is a fantastic way to visit & discover a new city. Please feel free to contact/ message us thru Airbnb so we can answer all your questions & assist in your stay here in Auckland.