Sunny, chic & comfortable, private entry & courtyard, set in the garden. Please ask for SPECIAL WINTER RATES June to Sept. Surrounded by parks, fantastic cafes, bars & restaurants, fashion shops, galleries, PublicTransport. Also available SINGLE private room $89 in our house nextdoor https://www.airbnb.co.nz/rooms/1794604
- New superior comfort Queen Bed with high quality cotton sheets. Fluffy cotton bath-towels.
- Adjoining lounge area, with comfortable couch & sunny small private courtyard with chairs & table.
- ‘ Starter ’ breakfast, bread, milk, great coffee, tea, & fruit is provided at NO EXTRA CHARGE which you may prepare at your leisure in the kitchenette.
- Please note the kitchenette does not have a sink or an oven. Dishes will be done daily for you.
- There is a microwave, toaster, mini-fridge/freezer. Bowls,plates,cutlery, good olive oil, balsamic vinegars etc.
- Double Sofa bed available - Ideal for friends traveling together or a child.
- Private new bathroom
- Free WIFI, & in-room desktop Apple computer
- Bose Speakers to plug your ipod, smartphone etc.
- LCD TV - 7 free local channels. DVD player by prior arrangement.
- Smoke detector – Smoking outside please.
- Security alarm system & Key-Pad front gate.
- Cooling fan & heating
- Hair dryer.
The Studio is very private. Our home is next door, there is excellent sound proofing & trellising to ensure privacy for you. We are more than happy to meet & greet you. We have a printed list for you of excellent local cafe, restaurants & bars - you can live like a local. We are global travellers & have lived in Auckland all our lives & are happy to offer you good local & national information if you wish. We also rent for longer term - weekly or monthly. Please make contact to discuss prices etc. airbnb, auckland accommodation, Ponsonby accommodation, apartment to rent, auckland central accommodation, www.airbnb.com, bed and breakfast, auckland apartment to rent, auckland central room to rent.
Ponsonby is a heritage village sitting on a sunny elevated ridge just minutes stroll down into Auckland City Central. The community is warm, fun, smart & welcoming overflowing with galleries, cafes, fashion & bric a brac shops & so much more. Ponsonby has a local 'Kiwiana' feeling; set in a 5 star world class city. We love it !
- Walking everywhere is easy, we are very central.
- On-street parking.
- Walk to Ponsonby Rd 3 minutes / Walk to City 15 minutes / Walk to Waterfront 20 minutes.
- Excellent Public Bus 50 meters & the famous LINK bus – 4 minutes walk from our door, takes you to City / Parnell / Newmarket & major attractions such as Museum, Art Gallery & more in minutes.
We have another beautiful private room for one person within our home that is also available thru AirBnB - stay in a fabulous house with three private gardens, library, swimming pool & of course the heart of any home the kitchen.
We really enjoyed our stay in this studio. Tanah and Sarah were great hosts with a fabulous sense of humor and we especially appreciated the orientation to the city and help with arranging our transport to and from the airport. The location is fabulous- you will love being so close to Ponsonby.
Tannah was very helpful to us with our first air b n b experience. A fantastic place and great location. Highly reccommend staying here. I wish we could have stayed longer.
Great location and lovely accommodation. Tanah was very friendly and easy going. Perfect place to stay.
Lovely studio apartment. Tastefully furnished and with computer-very useful.
Tanah Jane & Sarah Jane are both very friendly and welcoming.
Well, what can we say about Tanah's place?
Great location with easy access to all the good bits of Auckland; fantastic, spacious room with a comfortable bed; and friendly and eager to help hosts, who are happy to impart some top recommendations for stuff to do and places to eat.
We really couldn't have made a better choice for somewhere where to stay in Auckland. Cheers TJ & SJ!
Absolutely loved the Ponsonby studio! Close to CBD, beautiful space, comfy bed, great host! Would love to stay there again.
Absolute perfection! Clean, modern, convenient, and every little detail carefully considered and executed. Highly recommend. Our only complaint is that we didn't stay longer! Actually one other tiny detail is the 10am check out is a bit early.
I felt like a queen staying in this gorgeous studio :) Everything was very comfortable and it's in a lovely area. I enjoyed meeting Tanah Jane when i was invited in for a coffee, and SJ briefly. I had the feeling I'd like to spend more time with them both :) I would decribe them as vibrant, generous and creative people who enJOY their lives. I will be whole heartedly reccommending this studio to friends and family. Thank you both for having me.
My wife and I finished our New Zealand trip at Tanah's in Auckland. It was a clean and tastefully decorated studio. Tanah was kind enough to provide bread, fruit, honey etc which was very thoughtful. The location in Ponsonby is close to a few small markets and there are plenty of dining options close by. Going to downtown auckland is an easy 10-15 minute bus ride with the bus stop close by. Wifi worked fine generally but was spotty at times towards nighttime. The only 2 drawbacks are (1) The neighborhood is a bit hip and you may hear music/noises from houses around you as they tend to be quite close but it generally dies down by midnight. (2) The bathroom is fairly small and with the placement of the medicine cabinet made it was very difficult to wash your face or do anything over the sink.
Had a wonderful stay in Auckland/Ponsonby. The unit was private and beautiful. Very well maintained, clean and extremely comfortable. The hosts were very accommodating for anything I needed and then some. The location is minutes, on foot, from so many hip bars, cafés and restaurants. Quiet and peaceful.
This is the final rate, including any fees from the host and Airbnb.