About This Listing
Experience a 500 year old Maltese house full of character that contributes to the glorious heritage of the Maltese Islands with its original setting.
(website hidden) "Welcome to Malta. 2 Labini Holiday Home, Rabat & Mdina" for a video.
Experience a 500 year old Maltese house full of character that contributes to the glorious heritage of the Maltese Islands with its original setting. Situated in Rabat, just 2 minutes away from the township of Mdina, a fortified hill-top urban settlement located at the very heart of the Maltese Islands. It offers an intimate experience of living in next to the Silent City which inspires tranquillity at any time of the day or night. This self catering accommodation is a unique house which expresses the joy of the life of Mdina mingled with both modern and old playful accents of Maltese spirit.
The house is located right next to the Mdina entrance, Howard Gardens and The Roman Villa. 3 minute walking distance from Rabat center, bus interchange, shops, baker, bank, restaurants and anything you might need.
Places to visit (5km area): Palazzo Falson Historic House Museum, Mdina Cathedral, Mdina Glass, St. Paul's Cathedral Museum, Fontanella tea gardens, Palazzo de Piro, Mdina Dungeons, The Knights of Malta, National Museum of Natural History. and a lot more!
The house is also only 5km away from Dingli Ciffs and 10km away from Ghajn Tuffieha Bay, Golden Bay, Popeye's Village and Mellieha Bay
Mdina is one of the 7 sites listed in the UNESCO tentative list.
Other names were Melita (Roman occupation), Medina (Arabic occupation), Citta Notabile (Knights of St. John) and Citta Vecchia (after Valletta was built).
Must experience! very unique property!
Also, Very close to the the nicest beaches on the island. Ghajn Tuffieha and Golden Bay
- live in a house that was inhabited and possibly first built in the sixteen hundred! comprising of unique features such as double walls and self supporting arches have been kept in top condition.
- Suitable for couple or small family
- 5 meter x 5 meter glass sliding (openable) roof, perfect for sleeping under the stars!
- Very quiet area, no noise at all except for birds chirping
- Ample parking space in the vicinity
- 2 BBQ areas with unique views of 3 churches including the Mdina cathedral
- Full size office
- Well ventilated and insulated
- All character has been restored or kept to its original condition
- All linen and beach towels provided
- 2 channel sound system (one set of speakers in the court yard, one in the upsatairs living room)
- Complimentary high speed (4mbits) wifi with unlimited bandwidth and a stable connection
- Welcome snacks, coffee and milk is also provided so you can relax after that long haul flight.
Must experience! very unique property!
This Is As Authentic As It Gets, Experience A Double Walled Stone House 1st Hand
Suitable for couple or small family
3 min Walking distance from Mdina gate, Rabat center, bus interchange, shops, baker, bank, restaurants and anything you might need!
5 meter squared glass retractable roof, perfect for sleeping under the stars!
Very quiet area, no noise at all except for birds chirping in the morning
Ample free parking space
BBQ area with unique views of 3 churches including the Mdina cathedral
full size office
Very well ventilated and insulated, very well lit.
All character has been restored or kept - stay in a house that was inhabited and possibly first built in the sixteenth hundred! all unique features including double walls and self supporting arches have been kept
Great 2 channel sound system, 2 wifi points, stable internet connection
close to the the nicest beaches on the island. Ghajn Tuffieha and Golden Bay
- Minimum stay is 3 nights
- Smoking is allowed outside only.
- People other than those in the Guest party set forth above may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of Guest.
- All of the units are privately owned; the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
Keep the property and all furnishings in good order
- Only use appliances for their intended uses
- Pets are permitted only with prior approval
- Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. We suggest you bring beach towels. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the units.
- Guest shall allow Homeowner access to the property for purposes of repair and inspection. Homeowner shall exercise this right of access in a reasonable manner.
-We encourage all renters to purchase traveler insurance. Below are some references you may contact to purchase such insurance.
We had a wonderful time. The home is very unique and romantic, and the location is perfect. Ian's mother gave us a short tour of the surrounding area and made some excellent restaurant recommendations. If you plan on visiting Malta, stay here- you won't regret it.
Great location, relaxing home. Fantastic host. Fixed a minor problem we had incredibly quickly on easter weekend (which is taken very seriously on amazing malta)
The house was the perfect end to a wonderful trip to Malta. The warm welcome from Ian's mom with the local tour was very much appreciated. We bought and enjoyed a large bag of village biscuits from the back of the church and watched the church procession with the local residents. The groceries to greet us were a nice surprise. The boys loved the guitar and room at the top to escape. We opened the retractable sun roof on our last day and sunniest day. Visits to the Blue Grotto and Dingle Cliffs were easy by bus and well worth it. One of our top 3 airbnb stays.
Thanks to Ian and his mom!!! We had a wonderful time at the house and it looks exactly like in the pictures.
Ian's mother welcomed us, showed us around in Rabat and Mdina, and invited us for some cheesecakes at the famous Crystal Palace.
We can absolutely recommend Ian as host!
Highly recommended! We loved this apartment. It is stunningly beautiful, in a great location, and well appointed. The photos can't begin to covey the feeling of being in the apartment. It's a stone's throw from the bus stop and Mdina, but it's on a small quiet street. The kitchen had everything we needed to cook and we were amply supplied with bread, jam, eggs, ham, prosecco and a large fruit tray. This is right up there at the top of all of our (+40) Airbnb experiences.
Thanks Cremons for giving us a home and an unforgettable holiday in Malta! The bus terminal is Minutes walk away and super convenient to get to all the major attractions.
Marthese (Ian's mother) is so cool! If you have time, make sure to try all the places around the house that she recommends, cause they are awesome! The only complain is that how am I gonna find such good roast rabbit in Shanghai? I already missed it!
It is a fantastic holiday home in Rabat, just couple of steps from the main gates of Mdina. The interior is exactly like in the pictures, it even looked more spacious than in the photos provided.
We met the mother of Ian and she explained us all what we need to know, and invited to couple of cheesecakes from the famous Crystal Palace.
The only wish was for a much warmer weather, as we had to use the gas heater all the time as we were in the apartment.
The car park is very near and easy to navigate.
The restaurants close by are very good with plenty of options.
Sometimes it could get tricky to find an open groceries store :)
About the Host, Ian
We have just finished converting a 400-year old typical Maltese house in Rabat (located right next to the Mdina - a medieval town). I always try to get make sure you have best checking possible, and if needs be, dedicate time accordingly to show you the rock I live on when I am on the island.