Brand new. Completion date: March 2013.
Located at the heart of Manila's bustling tourist belt.
46sqm (495sqft) fully furnished high end condo for rent. Self contained. Cable TV, super fast internet (wired and wireless), breathtaking view at 43rd floor, overlooking Manila bay and city view. Complete kitchenware (toaster, microwave, and yes crystal wine glass for the more discerning). Just a few steps to a world class shopping mall, restaurants and bars. With gym and pool facilities. 5 star amenities at a fraction of a cost. 24 HR security with cctv, safe deposit box inside the room.
Another important thing, my condo is equipped with hot and cold shower:) Hot and cold shower is not standard in the Philippines. I had this bad experience before when I booked a place in Cebu for one month, I mistakenly assumed that there is hot and cold shower only to find there was none. I have to suffer for a month because I already paid in advance:( So if you're looking for a condo, always ask the potential host, if it is not stated, don't assume as there is a high chance you will have to live with cold morning showers:). Just an unsolicited advise from a seasoned traveller:)
Very close to the major airport. Close proximity to Ocean park, walking distance to a 5 star casino (Hyatt hotel along Pedro Gil), just a quick taxi drive (8 mins) to tennis courts with instructors for only $8 per hour. Just about 20 mins taxi to a golf course. This place never sleeps. Bars and restaurants are just walking distance to each other (and to the condo) and are open almost 24 hours a day.
It is also walking distance (less than 5 minutes) to several 24/7 convenience stores such as Seven Eleven, Mini Stop, so you don't have to panic if you run out of soap, toothpaste or if you need a tablet of paracetamol to soothe your headache.
About 15 mins walk to US Embassy
5 min walk to Light rail transit (LRT) that will take you almost anywhere in Metro Manila. Other forms of transport such as jeepneys and taxis are everywhere.
There is something for everyone. For lovers of historical places visit Intramuros, the oldest place in Manila as old as the 15th century when Spain still rules the country.
Advantages of my condo over hotels:
1. My condo has bigger space (46 sqm). Average 3 star hotel space is 24 sqm or smaller. My condo has a separate bedroom and a living room which you can't find in hotels.
2. My internet speed is 8MBPS and you are the lone user, average internet speed in the Philippines is 1MBPS. On hotels which provides wifi, you are lucky if you get 1MBPS not with so many people logged in at the same router. In many cases you only get less than 0.5 MBPS with frequent irritating drop out connections (most seasoned travellers in the Philippines will agree with me here). I'm just giving an honest advice that when you see a hotel advertising free wifi or even paid wifi, you can't always count on it.
3. The view. My condo is at the 43rd floor overlooking Manila Bay and Manila. It is at the corner of the building so you have breathtaking views left and right. At 3 star hotels, you have limited view with small window if you're lucky. If unlucky, your room will have no window.
4. The price. Mine is cheaper and what you see is what you get. With hotels, what you see on websites doesn't include taxes and other bills. So when you see a rate of hotels add 15% more and that is the actual rate you will pay.
5. My condo is complete with kitchenware, utensils, stove, etc. You can feel at home away from home. You can cook or prepare your own favourite food if you want. You don't have these amenities with hotels.
6. My condo building has gym facilities, outdoor swimming pool, and a sauna. 3 star hotels don't have these facilities. If you check in at 5 star hotels you will get these facilities at 3-5 times the cost of staying in my condo. That's why at my condo you get 5 star amenities at a fraction of a cost.
Disadvantages of condos in general compared to hotels.
1. There is no room service and inhouse restaurant. If you want food served in your room, you can't find that in condos. Although you can easily call fastfood restaurants and they will gladly deliver.
2. Towels and bedsheets are not changed everyday. In my condo towels are changed every 2 days and bedsheets are changed once a week. In hotels they change everyday. However for an additonal small fee we can change your towels and bedsheets as often as you want even everyday. Just ask:)
3. Cleaning is done once a week in my condo while cleaning is done everyday in hotels. Although again for a small fee we can clean your room as often as you want.
|Room type:||Entire home/apt|
|Bed type:||Real Bed|
|Minimum Stay:||3 nights|
|Weekly Price:||$378 /week|
|Monthly Price:||$1280 /month|
|Check In:||2:00 PM|
|Check Out:||12:00 PM (noon)|
I really enjoyed my stay at Bing's condo. This is a corner condo on the 43rd floor so you have a great view in two directions - over Manila Bay and the City - beautiful at night.
- The bed is very comfortable
- - It has four large pillows and a real blanket - not just a sheet
- This condo has two air conditioners
- - the one in the living room is very quiet but seems a little undersized. It takes a while to cool the room.
- - the bedroom a/c is a little louder but cools that room quickly. I slept well here.
- Plenty of hangers in the closet
- Fairly fast internet: wired and wifi available
- The shower has a Rain Shower head. What makes it great is that the water pressure is strong. Best I encountered on my Philippines trip.
- The shower has hot water that worked well
- The towels smelled wonderful
- The included safe is large enough to hold a larger laptop - plenty of room for my netbook. I did have to (website hidden) instructions for setting the pin number. It actually works similar to other hotel safes. I felt dumb once I saw the step I missed. Written instructions placed on top of the safe would have helped.
- The kitchen is well stocked with any plates/utensils and appliances you might need.
- The pool at the hotel looked really nice. I stopped by to see it but never used it on my short stay.
- The Birch Tower Condo has a great location. Its about a 2 minute walk to the Robinson's Place Mall. It takes longer to ride the elevator and walk out the front door than to walk to the mall. Its a pretty big mall - 4 stories high.
- The Pedro Gil Lrt station is only about a 10 minute walk.
Summary: Bing's Condo is a great value. I will definitely stay there again on future visits. The only addition I would love to see in any condo is a washer/dryer, but that would raise the cost for sure. Thanks a lot Bing for allowing me to share your home.
I planned a trip to Palawan this year but needed to spend a few days in Manila before heading on. The condo seemed a good alternate to a hotel and the price was right. My first impression of the condo that it was small but adequate. It was tastefully decorated and had everything that you could possibly need. The aircon was good and there was plenty of hot water. The kitchen has plenty of utensils and we prepared a couple of meals too. The Birch tower is in a good location in Malate and literally across the street from Robinson's Mall. The Mall has tons of stores and restaurants and a Supermarket to get groceries. We even had food delivered from Chowking and I ordered online--Great wifi. I called Cherry the host to notify her of my late arrival. She was very pleasant and accommodating. I guess my favorite thing about the condo was the small wrap around balcony. The views are truly breathtaking and you probably will not find a better view in Manila. When I return to Manila I will certainly consider the condo if it is available--Mj
Great experience and wonderful location. Bing is an excellent host and you can count on him to get things done. Thanks for a great stay! Would stay again.
It was unforgettable experience. It was my first trip in another part of world (I live in Moscow, Russia). I want to say thanks to Bing who helped me from the beginning until the ending of trip. The condo is very cozy, clean. Everything is working. There are a fridge, shower with cold and hot water, TV with more than 200 channels, free WI-FI, 2 air conditions and swimming pool at the 10th floor. Also there is very polite and friendly staff on the reception. They helped us to go to the airport, It takes 1 munite to Robinsons where you can buy all necessary things. Thank you, Bing. Hope to come in Manila again!
The Condo thru the owner thru airbnb if very forthright. The view is breathtaking. The condition of the condo is impeccable. Bed & sheets clean plus an unexpected safety box to booth. The coordinators on the other end are all very friendly.
Everything was good and as described but I just had 2 issues. First, in the contract it says that 1 soap, 1 bottle of water, and 1 roll of toilet paper would be provided upon arrival but it was not. So I went out and got my own, no big deal. After 2 days when meeting with the person in charge of the condo, I asked her since I didn't get those could I just get some extra towels instead but she said no and I was pretty much SOL about the 3 items also. My second issue was the towel situation. I understood and agreed to getting 2 towels every 2 days as stated but I thought that they would automatically be swapped out after the 2 days. This wasn't the case, I had to call and request them every 2 days. One time even after I called to request them after the 2 day period it wasn't swapped out until the next day. This might be ok if it's just one person staying but if it's 2 then it might not be. The towel thing wasn't really that big of an issue, just really inconvenient.
Thank you for your feedback Eddie. I will make sure that this never happens again to future guests. However, please note that I was just an email or call away to solve any problems you may have. I'm the host and you could have communicated your issues with me directly. I'm surprised to read your comment on minor issues without giving me a chance to rectify them during your stay. I aim for 100% customer satisfaction and if it is just towels and soap which cost just a few dollars, there is really no way I could not solve your problems if you only emailed me. I even sent you a welcome email when you arrived to let you know if there is anything I can do for you but you did not reply. I always go for extra mile to make sure my guests enjoy their stay. You're still welcome to stay in my condo but please let us have more communication :)
Just super. Everything just to relax and convenient. No shortcomings at all time.
I stayed this cond for 4nights. It was so great but but just I could not watch the TV cause it was no signal...
The vewing from balcony was very good!!!
I hope that I want to stay here again.
If you like to have a good view and stay relax it is a good choice to rent bing. Apartment . I enjoyed my stay and hope that it is available for me again when i visit manila . Again . So everything. Is in my opinion. Good. Arrranged . See you next time , arie
I had a great stay for 7 nights in bing's condo.
I was happy with most things especially :
- Bing's punctual replies to any enquiries I had before my stay and subsequent replies to any issues during my stay!
- The easy check-in
- Quality of the bed, linen and shower.
- The view!
Being a newish condo there will always be some niggly little problems but rest assured that Bing will sort them out fast!
I highly reccomend this condo to anyone looking in the Malate area.
This is the final rate, including any fees from the host and Airbnb.