About This Listing
Located at the heart of Manila'a bustling tourist belt. Breathtaking view of the sunset at 43rd floor . Complete with 5 star amenities such as fast internet, gym, pool, sauna,etc. More spacious than 3 star hotels but at a much lower price.
Completion date: March 2013.
Located at the heart of Manila's bustling tourist belt.
46sqm (495sqft) fully furnished high end condo for rent. Self contained. Cable TV, super fast internet (wired and wireless), breathtaking view at 43rd floor, overlooking Manila bay and city view. Complete kitchenware (toaster, microwave, and yes crystal wine glass for the more discerning). Just a few steps to a world class shopping mall, restaurants and bars. With gym and pool facilities. 5 star amenities at a fraction of a cost. 24 HR security with cctv, safe deposit box inside the room.
Another important thing, my condo is equipped with hot and cold shower:) Hot and cold shower is not standard in the Philippines. I had this bad experience before when I booked a place in Cebu for one month, I mistakenly assumed that there is hot and cold shower only to find there was none. I have to suffer for a month because I already paid in advance:( So if you're looking for a condo, always ask the potential host, if it is not stated, don't assume as there is a high chance you will have to live with cold morning showers:). Just an unsolicited advise from a seasoned traveller:)
Very close to the major airport. Close proximity to Ocean park, walking distance to a 5 star casino (Hyatt hotel along Pedro Gil), just a quick taxi drive (8 mins) to tennis courts with instructors for only $8 per hour. Just about 20 mins taxi to a golf course. This place never sleeps. Bars and restaurants are just walking distance to each other (and to the condo) and are open almost 24 hours a day.
It is also walking distance (less than 5 minutes) to several 24/7 convenience stores such as Seven Eleven, Mini Stop, so you don't have to panic if you run out of soap, toothpaste or if you need a tablet of paracetamol to soothe your headache.
About 15 mins walk to US Embassy
5 min walk to Light rail transit (LRT) that will take you almost anywhere in Metro Manila. Other forms of transport such as jeepneys and taxis are everywhere.
There is something for everyone. For lovers of historical places visit Intramuros, the oldest place in Manila as old as the 15th century when Spain still rules the country.
Advantages of my condo over hotels:
1. My condo has bigger space (46 sqm). Average 3 star hotel space is 24 sqm or smaller. My condo has a separate bedroom and a living room which you can't find in hotels.
2. My internet speed is 8MBPS and you are the lone user, average internet speed in the Philippines is 1MBPS. On hotels which provides wifi, you are lucky if you get 1MBPS not with so many people logged in at the same router. In many cases you only get less than 0.5 MBPS with frequent irritating drop out connections (most seasoned travellers in the Philippines will agree with me here). I'm just giving an honest advice that when you see a hotel advertising free wifi or even paid wifi, you can't always count on it.
3. The view. My condo is at the 43rd floor overlooking Manila Bay and Manila. It is at the corner of the building so you have breathtaking views left and right. At 3 star hotels, you have limited view with small window if you're lucky. If unlucky, your room will have no window.
4. The price. Mine is cheaper and what you see is what you get. With hotels, what you see on websites doesn't include taxes and other bills. So when you see a rate of hotels add 15% more and that is the actual rate you will pay.
5. My condo is complete with kitchenware, utensils, stove, etc. You can feel at home away from home. You can cook or prepare your own favourite food if you want. You don't have these amenities with hotels.
6. My condo building has gym facilities, outdoor swimming pool, and a sauna. 3 star hotels don't have these facilities. If you check in at 5 star hotels you will get these facilities at 3-5 times the cost of staying in my condo. That's why at my condo you get 5 star amenities at a fraction of a cost.
Disadvantages of condos in general compared to hotels.
1. There is no room service and inhouse restaurant. If you want food served in your room, you can't find that in condos. Although you can easily call fastfood restaurants and they will gladly deliver. Soap and toiletries are also not included but you can easily buy in front of the building from convenient stores open 24 hours.
2. Towels and bedsheets are not changed everyday. In my condo towels are changed every 2 days and bedsheets are changed once a week. In hotels they change everyday. However for an additonal small fee we can change your towels and bedsheets as often as you want even everyday. Just ask:)
3. Cleaning is done once a week in my condo while cleaning is done everyday in hotels. Although again for a small fee we can clean your room as often as you want.
Copy of passport is requirement. Please email or bring during check in.
Please switch off aircons everytime you leave the condo.
Please look after the condo keys. If you lose them, we will not just keycut keys but we will replace the whole locks with new keys for the safety of our future guests. So lost keys will incur US$ 75.00 which will be charged to your deposit.
No smoking inside the condo, although you can smoke at the balcony. Please respect your neighbors and avoid making loud noises during late nights.
I would say the view was accurate, I like high floors and because you will not hear the noise in the bars around the neighborhood. The air condition in each room is comfortable and the mattress is nice. Would recommend a covers on the pillow that can be washed together with the pillow cases will make it sanitary to get rid of yellow stains.
I would suggest a through scrub down of the shower, grouts between tiles have black mildew , toothbrush cleaning with Clorox will clean it. Shower doors need good cleaning, it has grimes that has been there for a while, missing cup holder and broken handle knob on the shower door and the handle is coming off every time it is being used.
The microwave could use a permanent place other than on top of the refrigerator when connected to the hanging outlet which imposes a danger in the future. A movable cart would help that can be inserted between the counter and refrigerator because there is no space on the counter. I stayed here for 28 days .
The window in the living room is broken and will not close and the tiles towards the living room windows are moving as if tiles came unglued. Window glass needs clean too.
Lastly there are two internet connection but slow, could use a faster internet even if it there is only one whether just browsing the internet or doing some personal stuff.
I would also suggest hooks on all walls to hang purses etc. especially women really could use it. Walls in the living and bedroom are bare that could use rows of hooks to hang stuff.
Cherry and Rhea are always helpful and also with Bing.
I would still rate this place a 4 star and planning to book again next year and hopefully a much greater place next time.
I am hoping that this unit can be maintained like always a brand new condo.
Overall I would recommend this place to anyone who has the same expectation of a place to make it their home away from home.
Thank you for your feedback. Will certainly help in improving my condo. However, for the internet speed, my two connections are running at 5mbps which is higher than average speed in the Philippines. If we're coming from UK or US where the speed is at 50-70 mbps, we will surely feel the difference. But 5mbps is good enough for surfing purposes. My work requires internet all the time and I can't afford no internet when staying in my condo, that's the reason I have to ISP's for back up purposes. If it's really painfully slow as you described, sometimes, the routers just a need reboot. I'm just an email away, we could have corrected your issues rather than you suffer "slow" internet speed for your whole 30 days stay or so. So I beg to disagree that my internet is slow because that is the lifeline of my business. I make sure it is fast. If really slow, a simple troubleshooting tasks would have corrected it.
Отличное кондо! Вид шикарный, выйдя на балкон захватило дух, настолько великолепно выглядит Манила с высоты 43-го этажа! Квартира чистая, есть все необходимое, помощники хозяина встретили по приезду и всегда были готовы прийти на помощь. Расположение хорошее, все, что необходимо, находится в шаговой доступности (обменники, супермаркеты, такси), серьезная охрана. Особенно порадовал прохладный бассейн и спа...Хороший район, нам все очень понравилось! Если ещё придется остановиться в Маниле - выбор жилья однозначно будет в пользу этого кондо!
Loved the bed and the veiw and the internet and the location and the price well done Bing Craig and Marie
Bing's condo is very excellente. Everything is perfect. The location is good. The condi has a great view od Manila Bay during sunset. I don't forget the sunset. And, the condo is very clean. Wifi us good. If I go to Manila,I will stay again.
Awesome apartment, very pleasant stay. It is right near the mall where you can get food and groceries. The bed is extremely comfortable.
This host has 15 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Bing
Hi my name is Bing and I live in London, UK. I'm a globetrotter. My business requires me travelling several times a year to all parts of the world. I'm a discerning traveller with excellent taste in food, wine and accomodation. But of course, since I'm an entrepreneur, I always look for value. I want the high end amenities in accomodation but at reasonable costs.
I know what to look for in an accomodation. That is why all my condo in Manila meets my personal criteria. I'm sure you will enjoy your stay too. It's comfortable, with high speed internet and a relaxing view of Manila Bay sunset.
You will be met by Cherry, your gracious property manager and host. She has 16 years experience in real estate and in customer service.
I wish you the best and hope you enjoy your stay in Manila :)