About this listing
Spacious apartment with an international atmosphere for up to 4 people. The appartment has its own kitchen with everything you need and open doors to a garden facing South. Stroll along the canals from the house to the center.
For guests between 6-9 may, the location is hard to reach by car.
I offer a spacious ground floor.
The neighborhood is quiet and within walking distance of the center of Utrecht (1.5 km from Neude, Vredenburg and Central Station).
The open kitchen extends into the garden..
It has a bar with two bar stools.
There is a comfortable lounge chair and large doors opening into the garden.
The dining table can be extended easily, so two to four people can have dinner.
In the middle of the apartment there's a convertible sofa bed, which turns into a double bed of 1.40m.
Next to that is a large japanese screen, so you can split the room in two, for extra privacy.
After that there's a fire place, a 3 seater sofa and two single beds. These can turn into another single sofa, leaving lots of space.
Also TV cabinet with TV, of course, and a DVD player.
The interior offers an impression of the many trips I made through Asia, Africa and South America.
The apartment is so arranged so one to four people can have a pleasant stay..
There is a cupboard the top of which you can use for storing clothes. You can store more clothes over the washer..
There are many (side) tables and two extra folding chairs.
There is a toilet in the corridor. Upstairs in the attic I have my own toilet. Occasionally I have visitors and they also use the toilet in the corridor.
There is one shower on the first floor that you share with me. I have my own bath so our morning rituals won't interfere. .
There is a washing machine in the room that you can use. It is possible that you are booking for long time that I need to do laundry myself. I will discuss first because I will never enter your room without asking.
I do not offer breakfast because you have a big kitchen but can do (easy) shopping at the grocery store, before you arrive, if you like. Please let me know at least 3 days in advance. There is a small local supermarket just around the corner and the 'Jumbo' is 500m, Aldi, Albert Heijn and Eko Plaza 650m and Plus, Action, drugstore and more around 800 meters. You also have at 300m Amsterdamsestraatweg known for its many specialty shops and (take-away) restaurants.
Please note at your booking the following if applicable:
- check-in time
- Arrangement of sleeping places
I would love to meet you!
With cheerful greeting,
Mira (Mirrar Homestay)
You have a private room with your own kitchen and fireplace. The yard is private. I will only occasionally need to get my folding bicycle out of the shed. There is a toilet in the corridor. Upstairs in the attic I have my own toilet. Occasionally I have visitors and they also use the toilet in the corridor.
It is also possible to rent the bedroom upstairs with it. See my other advertisement.
Interaction with guests
Communication is important to me. I like to get to know my guests and what brings them to Utrecht. Of course I respect your privacy. The arrival time is important to me to know in time because I'll make sure I'm home and have no other obligations. Please report delay to me. As addition to the Homestay I also own a business and have somtimes long distance plans.
I have a keylocker for if it fails. I always try to be there with the check-in and check-out to present and explain everything that is needed and answer any questions, but sometimes I'll use the keylocker as it gets difficult.
I also think it's important that my guests know where they stand. I'm easy to reach by SMS or rather Whatssapp, in urgent cases, you can always call.
I live on the top two floors, but I'm also a lot with my boyfriend in Amsterdam and my gardenhouse so I will not always be there. Sometimes I rent out my bedroom for up to two people. See my other advertisement.
Other things to note
The hallway and staircase is small and my bike is maybe there. Also I dry my laundry there. You share the toilet & shower with me and maybe my friends or other guests. Be aware of that! The dinnertable is a little small for four people and not really good for office purposes, so also the chairs and light.
I do not really like rules but nevertheless I found ten rules because for some people it is not always obvious:
1) Enjoy, laugh and wonder. I enjoy my guests enjoy.
2) Explore the city and nature. Although you like the inside, you do not want to miss the rest of Utrecht.
3) When you leave your home, remember to turn off the heater and light.
4) Make sure you‘re warm when you go to sleep because at night I like the heater off. The boiler is in my bedroom and that can make quite a bit noise.
5) Make sure you eat tasty (healthy). The kitchen is designed so that you can almost make everything. Just do not forget to shut the gas and valves. The tap water is drinking water and so do not buy unnecessary water in plastic bottles.
6) Watch your health and mine and do not smoke in and around the house. Because I am asthmatic. Even if you are in the garden door (so half outside) smokes often comes straight in the house, and that's not nice! In the back of the garden is a shed where you can smoke.
7) I love animals but do suffer from hair so I ask € 10 for a pet for cleaning.
8) You may make as much mess as you want, but leave it clean when you leave. It is not a party to clear glitter and confetti. .
9) Enjoy music and television but make sure it stays inside the doors. Similarly, have a good time but make sure the neighbors and I do not have to "enjoy" it as well, especially at night.
10) Think of the environment. Do not waste unnecessary resources. Close to glass, paper and plastic are disposed separately. In the hallway are boxes where you can put in separate.
11) Is there something broken; let me know. Can always happen but leave some money.
Cancel up to 5 days before your trip and get a full refund. Cancel within 5 days of your trip and the first night is non-refundable, but 50% of the cost for the remaining nights will be refunded.
This host has 14 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
I am Mira, an enthousiast and curious person who like to help people with their personal development.
I am living in the mountains of Thailand three months a year but when I am in Utrecht I like to share my house with people who like traveling like myself.
I love nature and that's why I am around my gardenhouse just outside Utrecht a lot. My boyfriend lives in Amsterdam and there we driving our boat or going to little festivals. I also like to walk around the canals of Utrecht or have a picknick with friends in one of Utrecht beautifull parks.
I love to share time with my family and friends and have drinks and food together but reading a book or watching a good movie is also a hobby of mine when I am alone. I love the silence. But when I have the change I rather be outside.