Enjoy privacy with great views, stylish open living and garden bathroom, perfect hideaway for honeymooner and nature lovers.
>>> THE ESTATE
Built on over 2.5 acres, the large private estate is situated in a quiet pristine setting. It consists of the longhouse, where the owners live, an infinity-pool with Indonesian style gazebo to relax under while overlooking the jungle and ocean, and the orange house for rental. The buildings are surrounded by a huge tropical garden with lots of native trees, giant bamboo and local fruit trees (harvest your own lemons, starfruits, pineapples...) set close to the rainforest and the Morete River.
Uvita, with its infrastructure that includes banks, supermarkets and restaurants, as well as the beaches and Marino Ballena National Park are only a short distance away by car. To Dominical it is a 9 miles / 10 min drive by car. One of the most popular national parks of Costa Rica, the Manuel Antonio National Park near Quepos is just 37 miles / 1 hour by car away. The property is located with easy access to the main road.
>>> ORANGE HOUSE - THE RENTAL HOUSE
The orange house was designed (by owner who is an architect) to provide privacy for those who want to simplify and eliminate both the physical and psychological clutter in their lives and come back to the spirit of nature.
The open inside is divided by built in furniture in king size bedroom, closet, kitchen and daybed areas. Big sliding doors lead to the porch were you can relax in a hammock, watching tucans, hummingbirds and a lot of butterflys. A lush outdoor garden bathroom invites the guests to experience a shower under the stars and emphasizes the open living character of the house.
The floors are made of stained polished concrete. Straight clear lines, minimalism of furniture and decoration invites the resident to enjoy the spirit of the tropical outside, surrounded by a simple inside design.
A sophisticated ventilation system of wood shutters and roof ventilation use the natural air flow to dispense with need for air-conditioning.
The pool area is located beside the longhouse and consists of a 3 x 11 m large infinity pool with waterfall shower from a bamboo pole and an Indonesian style gazebo to relax under. The pool will be exclusively for you to use during your stay.
From the pool area you will experience a breathtaking view of the surrounding jungle of the "fila costeña", the coastal mountain range that rises to over 3000 feet above the southern Pacific coast of Costa Rica.
>>> THE UNIQUE BENEFITS OF THIS HOUSE
Living in the Orange House in a quiet pristine setting, close to flora and fauna and at the same time strategically located less than 1 mile away from the center of Uvita, the Marino Ballena National Park, restaurants, beaches and tourist attractions.
>>> FREQUENT ASKED QUESTIONS
1) How far is it to the international airport in San José?
We recommend to rent a car. It is a 124 miles/ 3-4 hours drive from the international airport in San José to Uvita. We also recommend to do the drive during daytime. The best route is starting from the airport taking the new highway 27 direction Caldera and then highway 34 via Jaco, Quepos, Dominical to Uvita.
Alternatively you also can take a domestic flight to Quepos with Sansa or Nature Air and take a rental car from there. From Quepos it is only a 45min drive to Uvita.
2) What kind of rental car do you recommend?
We highly recommend a rental car to explore the area! We also recommend a 4x4, it would not be absolutely necessary but more comfortable. A small one would be sufficient.
3) How close is the Orange House from the beach?
The nearest beach is Playa Hermosa, 1,5 miles away from the Orange House. The famouse whalestail beach is approx. 3 miles away. All together we are close to 7 different beaches here in the Uvita area. You will need a car to go there.
1. A 200 USD security deposit is due at check in which needs to be in cash. The deposit shall be refunded within Checkout Date provided no deductions are made due to:
a. damage to the property or furnishings;
b. loss of keys or remote control;
c. dirt or other mess requiring excessive cleaning; or
d. any other cost incurred by Homeowner due to Guest's stay.
2. Smoking is allowed outside only.
3. People other than those in the Guest party set forth above may not stay on the property.
4. The Orange House is privately owned; the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this rental agreement, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises.
5. Before leaving the Orange House, the guest is responsible to lock all doors properly. Otherwise the guest will be liable for any theft of furnishings of the Orange House.
6. Pets are not allowed.
7. Before being able to accept your reservation, we would like to get to know you a little bit. Therefore please make sure to have a description about yourself in your Airbnb profile. Thank you! How to write a great profile see also here www.airbnb.com/help/article/67/why-do-i-need-to-have-an-airbnb-profile-or-profile-photo
8. We highly recommend a rental car to explore the area! We also recommend a 4x4, it would not be absolutely necessary but more comfortable. A small one would be sufficient.
We are a german couple living our dream in Costa Rica. Kerstin is an architect and built our houses with a lot of love for details and nature. Udo is a software engineer.