About This Listing
fully furnished with brand new contemporary furniture, beautiful, bright and cozy 1 bedroom, 1bath condo across from Children's Hospital. Hardwood floor, granite countertops, marble floor in the kitchen & bath, stainless steel appliances, island-type kitchen, jet tub. On the first floor with a spacious patio (chairs and table are provided; BBQ can be provided at no charge upon request). Linens/utensils/pots/towels are provided.WiFi is provided. Proximity to Guilman-Burke trail, UVillage and other great places. You don't need a car - you can walk to any place or Zip car location is just across the street! but if you rent a car - parking is on the street, unlimited.You will be welcomed by owner or property manger - who both are very attentive to your needs! All utilities are included in rent except electricity (which will be subject to charge upon moving out based on the daily avg.usage during the stay). No cable TV, but there is a TV set and DVD player!
Nice kitchen with basics
Nice washer and dryer
Usually easy street parking
Great supermarket nearby
Valerie quick to respond to messages
Every contact with Valerie was brusque. It began when she demanded, on the day of our scheduled arrival that we must absolutely be there BEFORE 3:30 because she would be leaving then and would not be coming back. This seemed to be an everyday issue which could be a real problem for guests planning to arrive later or encountering delays. This was not mentioned in advance, in fact there was practically no advance contact, something we have found helpful in in other Airbnb stays.
The bed was unmade, linens piled on top. We had to do that ourselves.
The TV (an amenity on list) had no service. Valerie's response was that there was no box and you could only get local channels. She said she "thought we needed an antenna or something" for that. Unfortunately, a TV antenna is not on our packing list so all we had was a DVD player with not a single disk in the apartment.
The Ikea living room chair came apart the first day.
Kitchen lacked adequate towels, dishrags, dish drainer and the coffee pot was much too small and no filters to use.
The bathroom sink hardly drained. Then the kitchen sink drain broke and flooded the kitchen floor. We disassembled and cleaned the hair ball out of the bathroom sink, and got replacement parts for the kitchen sink.. contacted Valerie saying we could fix it ourselves if she wanted us to and told her the parts amounted to less than $20. We repaired and replaced the drain. When she came to see the results, she precisely counted out the exact amount for the parts. At least a bottle of wine or a bowl of fruit would have been a nice gesture to thank us for saving her a $200 repairman's call!
1. Big people - broke the Ikea chair the very first day. Sad. I didn't want to say anything about it. I let it go!
2. there is a TV, on my other ads I usually specifically state " No cable service", but because there is a TV set and a DVD Player, I checked it yes. I will make sure my listing description does provide this information from now on.
3. I contacted Gary via the phone about a week before he arrived! Then I confirmed the time with him a day or two before his arrival day. Sorry, I had to plan around my schedule as well. My check in time is 3pm - clearly stated on the listing! if guests don't arrive by then, if I have a scheduling conflict, then I let them enter the unit on their own. I have to manage it all myself to keep the cost down. I am usually very flexible with guests arrivals/departures whenever I can.
4. It's in my practice to not make up the bed and to leave the clean linens on the bed as some of guests questions the 'freshness of the linens' or they prefer to re-wash them themselves...so I always leave the clean linens which are usually straight out of the dryer as the proof of their cleanliness. I never had this complaint before.
5. Extra bad thing: the beam on the bed frame was bent to the extent that the next guest who moved in had to sleep on one side of the bed and couldn't use the second side. I had to fix it. it wasn't reported to me by Gary. But I didn't claim it with airbnb, because I didn't want to sound nagging and ungrateful because he did fix my kitchen sink and I couldn't thank him enough for that! it was Gary's idea to fix it himself, I didn't expect it and I didn't ask him. I've would've called a handyman, so telling here that I wasn't grateful or bragging for some type the material appreciation is tacky and impolite.
6. I said in my review that I would host Gary and his wife with no doubt again, and after reading this review, which was a surprise to me, I don't feel I want to host these people again. Whatever issues they might have experienced, they should've told me first about it or how they feel about it. They gave me a wrong perception that everything was OK. I am open to a constructive criticism and I see some valid points in this complaint, which I will try to improve/implement, but the fact that people are complaining behind my back and still smiling in my face, doesn't feel right to me.
Valerie was very accommodating and able to provide a hosting last-minute. She was quick to respond to any queries via text message. The apartment was clean, comfortable, quiet and close to shops and restaurants. It was a very warm day but the apartment was cool which was a nice change. Thank you Valerie.
This host has 4 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Valerie
I live in Seattle. I am originally from Almaty, KZ. I am an entrepreneur with variety of interests and inclinations. I enjoy any outdoor activities Seattle has to offer