An old Victorian house in a quaint old neighborhood
with beautiful historical homes.(circa 1880) Lots of charm--Old trees,
friendly neighbors and very close to downtown and the new RINO Arts District. RINO is walking distance. If you love Micros you hit the Jackpot. RINO has 12 micro's and 23 eateries, 2 music venues and lots of dispensaries.
We have the best walk score in Denver.
1) Twelve Micro's right in the area: Our Mutual Friend Brewery, Black Shirt Brewery, Great Divide Brewery, Our Mutual Friend, Ratio, Zephyr, Spangalang, Beryl's, Stem Cider...list goes on! You can walk (15-20 min) or ride a bike if you like OR parking is usually easy so you can drive (5 min) OR if you are worried about drinking too much, a cab is about $4-$5 so no need to drive or park. Just leave a trail of hops. Oh and I forgot FOOD TRUCKS galore and over 23 eateries!
2) Denver Zoo & Science Museum straight down the street. Coor's Field 20 min walk. Watch a game in the Rock Pile section for $4-$5 bucks.
3) 17th Street with Steuben's a food channel favorite. (15 min walk) Over 75 restaurants and coffee shops all within a 20 minute walk
4) Vegan Central with Denver's newest Vegan Bakery just a 2 min. stroll. City O City breakfast or Watercourse all 15 minutes walking OR a short bike ride
5) We have bikes and it's a better deal than B-Cycle. No need to hassle with that! Small charge for bikes and take off for the day--only $10 per day. We provide locks. Please reserve bike ahead of time.
6) Restaurants and shopping on the 16th street mall is about 6-8 blocks to downtown (20 minute walk) with a free mall bus that runs until 1am. Live music, coffee shops and cocktail spots
7) Wednesday nights Denver Cruisers rides and they are FREE!!!
8) No curfew and you're going to love that because when you step out in this hood you're gonna have so much fun and see so much the cushy bed will feel so good!
We are offering up a wonderful cozy room with a queen-sized bed in our old Victorian close to everything downtown Denver has to offer. Walk to coffee shop and grocery store 1 1/2 blocks away. Light rail is 3 1/2 blocks away that can whisk you into downtown in a matter of minutes. You can skip having a car because light rail is so close and you can even walk downtown or rent a bike at Denver B-cycle. No worries about parking out front on our quiet downtown street. Just blocks away from Capital Hill, Rino, Lodo and Colfax all just a 15 minute walk. The room has a queen size bed with shutters so you can sleep in after a night in Lodo or Rino. Just blocks away from the Zoo , Museum, and City Park, In September the Tour De Fat is a main event and we are very close to the fun. On Wednesday during the warm months enjoy a free event with the Denver Cruisers it's like burning man on wheels. B-Cycle bikes can be rented and we encourage ditching your car. This is not a party house but a great friendly place to stay on the cheap while being in the heart of it all. The bathroom is just next door to the room.
We provide fresh clean towels. Also wonderful coffee and bagels with cream cheese, home made jam each morning. I have two children that are well behaved and sometimes they may be here or not. We also have a sweet, friendly kitty.
Also please check the calendar for availability. The calendar is on the tab above the picture of the main photo. We can not check calendar from our smartphone so you may have to wait a while for us to respond if you can not check the calendar yourself. Also have a profile as complete as possible if you really want us to consider letting you into our home.
We have full bath right next to the bedroom. We provide a light breakfast: coffee, bagels and cream cheese, yogurt. There is a deck outside which is lovely in the spring and summer for beers or coffee. Kitchen use outside of breakfast is limited due to the household needs. But can be available for cooking meals.
Interaction with guests
We are pretty independent and do not hang out much. So little interaction. We do want you to have a great stay and we are available for any ideas on what to do or see.
Other things to note
We have a kitty and a really nice small 12 lbs dog. Very sweet pets and are use to visitors. Dog does not jump up or bark .
License or registration number2017-BFN-0002196
Learn about this number
This is a great place to stay and we want you to feel at home. However, we ask that if you register everyone who will be staying in the room--just for safety reasons. Please no candles, incense, or smoking allowed in the home. No eating in room! Kitchen is available for a supplied light breakfast of bagels, coffee, tea and milk. All other meals kitchen is not available . Be reasonable about check-in and try and respect that we may see a movie or have dinner plans outside our home. Please try and arrive when you say you're going to arrive because we may have made plans to do something that day or night. Just standard courtesy is all we ask when considering that you are coming in late or getting up early. The inexpensive price would indicate that there is no concierge or mints on the pillow--we love meeting and showing people around Denver, but we are not always available to do that because of work and other obligations.
Hello and welcome to Denver! I run a local non-profit. Travel is one of my greatest passions and I have visited 28 countries. I enjoy yoga and tennis. I have two children that are well behaved and sometimes they may be here or not. We also have a kitty cat. I am pretty easy going and have flexible work hours so sometimes I am available to have a cup of tea with my guests -- We have hosted many people from the states and from around the world and enjoy hearing their stories and about their cities Life Motto: Live in the Present Moment