An old Victorian house in a quaint old neighborhood
with beautiful historical homes.(circa 1880) Lots of charm--
We have the best walk score in Denver.
1) Five Micro's right in the area: Our Mutual Friend Brewery, Black Shirt Brewery, Great Divide Brewery, Wynkoop, and Breckenridge. You can walk (15-20 min) or ride a bike if you like OR parking is usually easy so you can drive (5 min) OR if you are worried about drinking too much, a cab is about $4-$5 so no need to drive or park. Just leave a trail of hops. Oh and I forgot FOOD TRUCKS galore!!!
2) Denver Zoo & Science Museum straight down the street. Coor's Field 20 min walk. Watch a game in the Rock Pile section for $4-$5 bucks.
3) 17th Street with Steuben's a food channel favorite. (15 min walk) Over 75 restaurants and coffee shops all within a 20 minute walk
4) Vegan Central with Denver's newest Vegan Bakery just a 2 min. stroll. City O City breakfast or Watercourse all 15 minutes walking OR a short bike ride
5) We have bikes and it's a better deal than B-Cycle. No need to hassle with that! Small charge for bikes and take off for the day--only $10 per day. We provide locks. Please reserve bike ahead of time.
6) Restaurants and shopping on the 16th street mall is about 6-8 blocks to downtown (20 minute walk) with a free mall bus that runs until 1am. Live music, coffee shops and cocktail spots
7) Wednesday nights Denver Cruisers rides and they are FREE!!!
8) No curfew and you're going to love that because when you step out in this hood you're gonna have so much fun and see so much the cushy bed will feel so good!
We are offering up a wonderful cozy room in our old Victorian close to everything downtown Denver has to offer. Walk to coffee shop and grocery store 1 1/2 blocks away. Light rail is 3 1/2 blocks away that can whisk you into downtown in a matter of minutes. You can skip having a car because light rail is so close and you can even walk downtown or rent a bike at Denver B-cycle. No worries about parking out front on our quiet downtown street. Just blocks away from Capital Hill, Rino, Lodo and Colfax all just a 15 minute walk. The room has a queen size bed with thick curtains so you can sleep in after a night in Lodo or Rino. Just blocks away from the Zoo , Museum, and City Park, In September the Tour De Fat is a main event and we are very close to the fun. On Wednesday during the warm months enjoy a free event with the Denver Cruisers it's like burning man on wheels. B-Cycle bikes can be rented and we encourage ditching your car. This is not a party house but a great friendly place to stay on the cheap while being in the heart of it all. The bathroom is across the hall. We provide fresh clean towels. Also wonderful coffee and bagels with cream cheese, home made jam each morning. I have two children that are well behaved and sometimes they may be here or not. We also have a sweet, friendly kitty.
Also please check the calendar for availability. The calendar is on the tab above the picture of the main photo. We can not check calendar from our smartphone so you may have to wait a while for us to respond if you can not check the calendar yourself. Also have a profile as complete as possible if you really want us to consider letting you into our home.
The guests are welcome to cook in the kitchen provided that they clean up after themselves.
Our neighborhood is quaint and full of older homes from the Victorian era. (circa 1880) so there is alot of character in the homes around and every block is a walk in history.
There are many bus stops around and you can (website hidden) RTD (the transit system in Denver) and just plug in addresses to see how to get to and from anywhere.
This is a great place to stay and we want you to feel at home. However, we ask that if you register everyone who will be staying in the room--just for safety reasons. Please no candles, incense, or smoking allowed in the home. No eating in room! No cooking in kitchen after 10 pm. Be reasonable about check-in and try and respect that we may see a movie or have dinner plans outside our home. Please try and arrive when you say you're going to arrive because we may have made plans to do something that day or night. Just standard courtesy is all we ask when considering that you are coming in late or getting up early. The inexpensive price would indicate that there is no concierge or mints on the pillow--we love meeting and showing people around Denver, but we are not always available to do that because of work and other obligations.
Our experience was great. We felt at home right away upon entering the house. We were given directions to the room we stayed in and we found a helpful binder with maps, bus schedules, and recommendations for places to go and eat. We had fresh coffee from them each morning and some bagels to get started. They helped us out with any need we had, such as giving directions to the rental car employee who got lost trying to pick us up.
This was a nice room at a reasonable price. We walked around and enjoyed the neighborhood. It is a bit awkward sharing a bathroom with 2 12-year olds, even though the family was friendly, we felt a bit like we were infringing on someone else's space, but I suppose that's just part of the airbnb experience. A person could always choose an option with more privacy. I guess we missed this part in the listing description. We didn't feel comfortable utilizing the rest of the house, but the room was clean and comfortable and had a working ceiling fan. The neighborhood was really quiet at night so we could sleep with the window open.
Beth and family were very welcoming and friendly. The location was central enough that it was a very quick drive to where we needed to go. The room was clean and check in was very easy. This was a much more preferable alternative to a hotel room for the night we were in town.
Great house in walking distance to many attractions in Denver. Hosts were friendly and they gave great recommendations on places to go.
Thanks a lot Beth for this very nice stay in Denver. It was my first airBnB experience and I spent a great time in your house with you and your lovely black cat!
This host has 131 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
Hello and welcome to Denver! I run a local non-profit. Travel is one of my greatest passions and I have visited 28 countries. I enjoy yoga and tennis. I have two children that are well behaved and sometimes they may be here or not. We also have a kitty cat. I am pretty easy going and have flexible work hours so sometimes I am available to have a cup of tea with my guests -- We have hosted many people from the states and from around the world and enjoy hearing their stories and about their cities Life Motto: Live in the Present Moment