This resort-like modern masterpiece with a salt water pool is 5,500 square feet on 1+ acre close to downtown Austin. It sleeps 10 in 5 bedrooms with King or Queen beds and attached bathrooms with dramatic showers and baths. You will love it!
This spectacular modern retreat in the heart of Austin is the ideal destination for family and friends to explore downtown, Formula 1, Austin City Limits, South-by-southwest, or simply to enjoy the resort-like pool and grounds.
This modern masterpiece by a well-known New York architect has been featured in magazines and nominated for architectural honors. The 5,500 square foot house features 5 large bedrooms with King or Queen beds and attached bathrooms with dramatic showers and/or tubs.
The large saltwater infinity pool is available year-round and ideal for swimming laps or family swimming. The house comfortably sleeps 10 people and also features multiple living areas, two media rooms, one office, and a full laundry room. Indoor and outdoor dining areas each seat 12 or more guests.
The house is extremely private and secure. The small street was recently secured by the secret service for a presidential visit.
The 5,500 square foot estate on 1.3 private wooded acres is located in the exclusive community of West Lake Hills in the center of Austin.
- Just 5 miles to downtown, it's easy to get downtown in minutes without highways or traffic
- Less than 25 minutes to the airport or to the Formula 1 (Formula One, F1) or other races at the Circuit of the Americas race track
- Just 5 miles to the Austin City Limits festival grounds
- Major shopping and dining just 2 minutes away
- Enormous Master bedroom with California King bed and private deck attached to master bath with large soaking tub and walk-in shower
- Large 2nd Master bedroom with California King bed attached to bathroom with large walk-in shower
- Large 3rd bedroom with queen bed and attached bath with tub and shower
- Large 4th bedroom with queen bed and attached shared bathroom with tub and shower
- Large 5th bedroom with queen bed and attached shared bathroom with tub and shower
- Fully-equipped chef's kitchen with large 48' refrigerator and freezer, Viking gas cook top, two ovens, microwave, and two dishwashers
- Two media rooms with large TVs, Cable TV, and DVD
- Living room that seats 30-40 for special events
- Playroom stocked with kids toys, blocks, and Lego
- One office
- Two car Garage
- Covered outdoor dining area with ceiling fans
- Large salt water lap pool with infinity edge (not heated)
- Whole house music system: play your music from your iPod or iPhone anywhere in the house
- WIFI High Speed Internet Access
- Laundry room and supplies
- 2 adult bicycles and multiple kids bicycles for your use (let us know and we will prepare them)
FEEL FREE TO CONTACT US WITH QUESTIONS!
The house will be yours for the stay! Everything will be available for your use including the pool, garage, TVs, wifi, laundry room, kitchen, closets etc. We typically stock the kitchen with everything that guests need to cook and entertain. The only locked areas are the owner's pantry and file room.
Interaction with Guests
We like to give our guests space and privacy to enjoy their stay. We're glad to provide a tour if needed, but otherwise you won't see us!
The house is in Beautiful West Lake Hills, an environmentally-protected neighborhood in the heart of Austin. It's the first neighborhood with big houses outside downtown. We love that it is easy to get downtown very quickly without highways or traffic.
It's easy to get downtown in a few minutes with Uber, a taxi, or your own car.
This is a pet and smoke free home!
This entire experience was world class. I've hosted workshops at the best suite in the W for more than I invested with Paul and his stunning home. Our participant were absolutely blown away at the decor and location. Best venue we've booked yet. The instruction book made everything easy to follow and find. Bonus - the Sonos music system throughout the home really added to the experience. I highly recommend Paul's home for a world class stay.
The house is just as it appears in the pictures. You can lounge on the back deck by the pool which overlooks the hills of Austin or sprawl out in the over-sized living room right off of the chef's kitchen. Bedrooms everywhere and the house is stocked with all you need to make it the perfect trip. Also, it's on a secluded street away but just a 2 minute drive to a shopping center and 5 miles from the heart of downtown. We can't recommend this place highly enough! Oh, and all the little bells and whistles like a Sonos multi room music player (perfect for the pool) and various mood lighting etc etc the list goes on. Enjoy!
This is an amazing modern house in a beautiful setting. A real work of art decorated with an astute sense of design.
The host, Paul, was very responsive and the house was perfectly clean and organized when we arrived. Worth every dollar.
"Spectacular" is indeed the correct adjective for this place. From the interior design to the art to that pool!! This place is amazingly well appointed. We were lacking for nothing in the kitchen and each of the 5 couples in our party had their own spacious room and bathroom. It is so close to downtown Austin, but sitting at the pool, you feel like you are out in hill country - it felt very private. To top it off, the owners left enough information to be helpful, but not a list of 100 things to do before you leave. The whole experience was very very cool.
Jessica & Paul Love modern architecture. Although we've lived in Austin for 15 years, we built this modern home in 2010 to create a design-focused resort-like escape in the heart of Austin. We love hosting guests from Airbnb!
It all started with an amazing piece of land -- a 1+ acre flat lot in the heart of Austin, TX. Working with prominent New York architects, we designed a comfortable modern house that is tranquil during the day and perfect for entertaining in the evenings. There is a big yard for kids to play and a infinity-edge salt water pool. We love eating outside most of the year on the covered patio or pool-side dining table. The house is amazingly peaceful and private -- even with large groups.
We have three kids and love to travel the world, run the trails of Austin, and try just about every new bar and restaurant in Austin. If it is your first time here, let us know and we'll give you a list of places that you shouldn't miss!