About this listing
Enjoy the buzz of the city from a peaceful, convenient base! Private bedroom(s) with your own bathroom; breakfast, parking & tons of tourist info included! Early/late check ins welcome. Exactly 10 minutes to the city centre on the tram at the end of our driveway! :-)
- My home is clean, comfortable and modern, and the two guest rooms are bright and spacious with views over the garden. One room has a double bed (for 1 or 2 people) and the other has a single bed. The private bathroom is for guests' sole use. It has an instantly hot shower, and I provide towels, shampoo etc and a hairdryer. Also, I only host one person/group at a time, so you won't have to wait in line! :-)
- Downstairs, there is a big sitting room, kitchen and a lovely comfortable sunroom looking out on to the garden. The garden has summer furniture and a hammock so when the weather's good, guests can relax there over breakfast or after a day's sightseeing.
- The house is in a quiet, safe and secure gated development with plenty of free parking. Guests often comment how peaceful it is here and how well they sleep as a result!
- The house has free, fast Wifi which guests are welcome to use. A light breakfast of delicious Irish food is provided to start the day off on a good note! Guests are free to enjoy it at their leisure, whenever suits them.
My guests are welcome to relax and enjoy the house. The kitchen is available to make light snacks, but not for cooking.
Interaction with guests
- I am very happy to help with suggestions for my guests' visit. I love meeting people and helping them to have a more authentic experience of my city! Dublin is a great place to live, having all the benefits of a big city while retaining its local charm and friendliness. I am delighted to share a local's perspective on where to go and what to do.
- When I'm home, I'm there if you need me and I'm happy to chat, but I give guests their own space too.
Other things to note
I'm happy to facilitate early morning check ins- I know what it's like to arrive early into a new town! :-) Late arrivals are also welcome.
**When sending a booking request, please provide your full name and the names of any other guests who will be coming, so that I know who will be staying with me in my home! :-)
- I hope my guests enjoy their visit, and I just ask that they be respectful and treat my home with care, leaving everything as they find it.
- I have no difficulty with guests going out and enjoying Dublin's vibrant social scene during their visit (in fact, I encourage it!). However, it is important that guests are quiet and not disruptive to me or my neighbours if they arrive home late.
- For security reasons, all external doors and windows must be locked before leaving the house.
- Please note cooking facilities are not available to guests. However, a light breakfast is provided and guests are welcome to use the kitchen to make tea/coffee and snacks as they like.
- Strictly no smoking in or around the house (including in the garden- the smell comes back inside with the smoker!). Thanks :-)
Cancel up to 24 hours before your trip and get a full refund, including service fees.
I am a professional in my 30s and come from Dublin originally. I love travelling and have been lucky enough to see a lot of the world [but there's many more places on my list!]. I enjoy meeting new people and am delighted to have the opportunity to host people in my hometown!
Other than travel, I am a big rugby fan and have a season ticket for my local team, Leinster (who play within walking distance of my home), and I love doing Pilates and yoga. I also enjoy watching NFL, thanks to my time living in the US!
I am a friendly and hospitable person, having grown up in a family that had a constant stream of visitors from around the world on foot of my parents' travels over the years. I understand French and German [although my speaking of it is a bit rusty!], and I have picked up some Spanish on my travels.
I look forward to welcoming you to Dublin! :-)