This charming apartment sits between Prince and Spring streets in one of the hippest locations in Soho, Manhattan's most prized neighborhood. A quaint and quiet flat, it's directly in the middle of some of the city's trendiest bars, restaurants, art galleries and fashion boutiques.
(Spring and summer rates are typically higher so please see below for rates.)
The flat is very close to several subway stations which allows you to easily explore the entire city. It's also a short walk to some of downtown's coolest neighborhoods including Chinatown, NoLita and the Lower East side. You're also steps from Washington Square Park, Greenwich Village and the NYU campus.
The apartment is tastefully decorated with unique decor items from all over the world with an open, fully equipped kitchen for cooking and eating at home. Wifi internet access, sheets, towels and linens are included. The bedroom space is comfortable with hardwood floors, high ceilings and a full size bed with plenty of space for clothing, bags, and suitcases. The bathroom has a shower, toilet and sink with vanity.
This is not a share so you will have the apartment to yourself. There are no extra fees for cleaning and no security deposit needed. If you are staying for a week or longer ask me about a reduced or special weekly pricing. Very flexible check-in and check-out times. No pets, no smoking,
The nightly rate May/June it's $159. For July and August it's $169.(US Dollar)
Lovely place, convenient location next to heaps of subways, soho, Greenwich and LES.
The apartment was cosy, needed some place to hang clothes though. Also, there's little roaches that like coming up from the sink- got a bit gross but maybe some intense bug spray would get rid of them. The bed was comfy, heating was hot, having a fridge was good. It was a bit hard not having anywhere to chop and prepare food though. Overall we liked it :)
We only spent a night here but really enjoyed it. A great price and location for Manhattan. Terrific value. Joseph was easy to deal with and helped us all along the way, he gave some great restaurant reccomendations and would highly reccommend "Lovely day" Thai restaurant.
Apartment was in a great location and very comfortable for my stay. Joseph was very accommodating given my last minute booking and travel delays. Overall excellent value for downtown Manhattan - would definitely stay here again.
Such a fabulous location that can't be beaten. My daughter and I stayed for 11 nights . The location provided everything we needed. Good coffee (australian standards) yummy French bakery , amazing bookshop with celebrity interviews, subway, and handy grocery store.
The apartment was great for 2. One double bed, cooking facilities that we didn't use and cosy for a winter vacation.
Definitely be back.
We - a couple from Germany - spent 8 days in Joseph’s Apartment.
There are some really unbeatable PROs:
- The location is fantastic, full of Cafés, Restaurants, Shops and Bars, in the middle of everything, subway round the corner. Actually more lively and interesting than the Village.
- The room goes to the backyard, which means it is very quiet in a city, that is usally very noisy, even in the night. So you get a good nights sleep.
- Reliable and fast working W-lan access – a must, when you want to plan your vacation events, make reservations etc.
- Joseph was very helpful and proactive in communication, he recommended some good cafés/restaurants (try the Café Select, really nice), helped with phone numbers for radio taxi, etc. Thanx for that!
- Considering all that, the price is good. Though Hotels like the Washington Square are not so far apart from that – but if you like being undisturbed by chamber maids and restricted by breakfast hours, an apartment is the right choice.
There are also CONs
- Everything is quite worn (website hidden) is broken.
- The Bathroom is to our opinion not acceptable. Looks like it got stuck in a process of renovation a few years ago: remains of different paint covers, mouldy shower curtain. I think, AirBnB should make bathroom fotos mandatory...
- Roaches. Americans probably expect them, Europeans certainly not. They are not big, about the size of a finger nail, but still. In the Bathroom and in the (open) kitchen. We never left food or unwashed dishes, to not attract them any further. Put everything in the fridge!
- The heat can only be controlled by opening the windows. You can turn of the radiators, but the pipes that lead through the storeys of the house, still go blazing hot on their own accord.
- It may be a winter phenomenon, but the apartment is not as light and shiny as it seems on the photos.
Our conclusion: We travelled the world and have spent nights in all kinds of places, so we adjusted. But I would not recommend it to people with a more picky taste...
We had a great stay at Joesph's apartment. It's in a great location right in the middle of Little Italy and Noho with heaps of great places to eat and shop.
The apartment has lots of character and had everything we needed, it's warm and quiet.
The subway is closeby and it's worth getting a one week $31. Subway pass which gets you everywhere. Thanks Joseph.
We had such a wonderful stay at this apartment. Joseph communicated with us very clearly and was an excellent host. We experienced no problems at all and the whole check in/check out process was incredibly smooth! We loved the decor of the apartment and it kept us well heated and cosy in cold winter NY weather. You cannot beat the location or the price of this apartment. It is so convenient and surrounded by the best cafes, stores and a large variety of transport options. It is incredibly affordable for New York and we loved being able to get home so easily after busy New York days out. Such a great NY accommodation option! Thankyou Joseph!
I had an amazing stay at Joseph's place. The whole process was super smooth and Joseph was incredibly communicative through the booking process as well as through email and text once we were there.
The apartment has an amazing location and is probably the cutest place I've stayed--the ambience is great! Wish I could live there! :)
My 25 year old daughter and I stayed here for more than a week and loved it. A great little flat in a terrific part of the Manhattan. Safe, clean and in the middle of all of the places in Soho, Nolita and Greenwich Village you want to be. Joseph was a terrific host from start to finish; helping us with navigating New York and even being available for our super-late check in, which was very helpful to first-time New York Visitors. I highly recommend for anyone traveling to the city.
A TV that does not work. OK , we are not in NYC to watch TV but as we were there 6 nights it would have been useful to catch up on news during breakfast etc. Joseph stated it need a digital box. So why does it not have one? A four legged easy chair with only 3 legs and therefore completely useless.
The space is not large and is very cluttered. Getting rid of the TV and chair would help.
Impossible to control the heat. Radiators are full on and cannot be adjusted.
One towel each for a week. No 'T" towels etc.
We survived, but we would be embarrassed to rent an apartment in this condition.