**** 1/15: Now featuring a BRAND NEW SIMMONS BEAUTYREST LUSH PILLOWTOP MATTTRESS.
* Total apartment size 1008 square feet
* Modern style and furnishings
* Beautifully decorated and modernly furnished; mid-century decor, stainless steal everything open plan kitchen and flatscreen tv
* Sweeping views of Downtown Brooklyn from huge loft 8' windows and more. Your room not only has views of Downtown Brooklyn, but also a corner view of lower Manhattan
* Towels and linens provided
* Coffee and fresh biscuits in the morning (with rare exception, i.e. I don't feel well or had a late night, etc.)
* Only share with me; You will not be sharing the apartment with two or three roommates or other travelers
* Private bedroom with new furnishings
* Exclusive use of your own bathroom and bath off the living room
* Luxury building with amenities including a doorman, full gym, outdoor courtyard and children's playroom
* Close to Pratt University, Dekalb and Myrtle Ave shops
* Only a couple of blocks from the Classon Ave G train
* A block away from large grocery store, laundry, etc.
* Adorable dog: small (6 lb) Bichon Frise: Chelsea. She is very sweet, obedient, house trained and will not disturb you or your belongings.
* I live in a diverse neighborhood (racially diverse, with a mix of students, professionals, artists and blue collar workers, etc.) Please note that diversity does not equal unsafe. I have had some guests ask me whether the neighborhood is safe since it is diverse? It is safe, though you should exercise the same caution as you would in any city neighborhood.
* My work schedule is unpredictable, so we may or may not cross paths very often.
#4. ROOM SIZE
* The room itself is 80 sq. feet. However, it has a full bed and a full closet and sufficient space for your luggage. There is also a hallway closet outside if you need extra closet space. Finally, my guests usually make full use of the apartment and spend their mornings at the dining table outside of the room, so are not confined to their room.
Please note that I have a very HIGH rating for value. That is because all of the above has been taken into consideration in pricing the room. I am proud and excited to offer you a tremendous value for your stay in New York. Look forward to hosting you!!!
Dining room, Kitchen (See house rules), Living room, Building amenities: Gym room
To make your stay and mine as rewarding and pleasant as possible:
Please be considerate and polite.
PLEASE NO SPEAKING TO MY NEIGHBORS OR DOORMEN ABOUT AIRBNB. MY AIRBNB HOSTING IS NOT PROHIBITED BY THE BUILDING. HOWEVER, I LIKE TO MAINTAIN MY PRIVACY.
Please take off your shoes once you enter the door.
Kitchen is available for breakfast preparation only. Space in the refrigerator will be reserved for you. You may also use the microwave. Please clean the kitchen area, dishes, coffeemaker, refrigerator or microwave, etc. if you dirty it.
If you would like to use the kitchen to prepare a small meal other than breakfast, please ask. Prior approval is required.
No stomping, screaming, or playing loud music.
Please no noise after 11pm (i.e. no entering apartment loudly, no loud television, no loud radio).
Please remove your hair after showers.
Please turn off the lights when you leave and DOUBLE check that the gas on the stove is turned off.
The DOOR should and WILL lock behind you. I made it this way so you don't have to mess with the door when you leave. Just close the door. Just make sure it locked behind you. DO Not forget your keys.
Absolutely no smoking in apartment allowed.
No pets (other than mine) allowed.
No overnight guests other than those who have booked. Can bring a day guest with prior approval.
Lost key fee is $200 cash.
If you break anything, you must pay for it.
Please treat the place as your own place meaning, clean it when you think it is dirty, take out trash when it is full. This is not a hotel, it is my home, please take care of it.
THANK YOU!!!! I look forward to hosting you.
My friend and I stayed at Mimi's place for 5 nights and we had a great experience (it was also our first airbnb experience). Mimi is a lovely host and will help you when looking for something to eat in the neighbourhood (which has a lot to offer by the way).
The apartment is big and there is everything you need. In the mornings, some cookies will be waiting for you which is very nice to start off the day.
The subway is only 2 blocks away and takes you into Manhattan in about 30 to 35 minutes (even during Juno we were able to go to the city center).
Concerning the room, it is tiny but big enough for two and with an amazing view (especially at night). It might get very warm though as it is heated like the rest of the apartment (but you can ask to turn the heat down).
We would gladly recommend this place to anyone wanting to discover NYC in a more "local" way - further away from all the tourists - but still close enough to downtown Manhattan for the classic sightseeing opportunities.
Doorman was expecting us when we arrived and just caught Mimi before she went out for the evening. Didn't see her much after that (once for dinner tips and then again as we left), but she left us scones and coffee for breakfast in the morning which was lovely. Mimi's dog is sweet and didn't see her much either. The room is smaller than expected especially with two large suitcases. The only light source in the room was a lamp which didn't give out much light, but the bed was clean and comfy. The private bathroom across the living room was good. At the last moment we decided to stay another night and Mimi was kind enough to accommodate us for the extra night! Location was good for us, it was in the middle of where we needed to be for our trip, and enjoyed navigated the subway, which is complicated at first!! Enjoyed our stay and it was a good start to our trip! Thank you!
We had a great experience at Mimi's apt.
Her place is beautiful and exactly as showing at the pics. She was very flexible and accommodating, we arrived late due to a major flight delay and left later than the usual check out time and she was ok with keeping our luggage there.
The metro is a very close, the building is very safe, quiet and with lots of options for restaurants. I would definitely come back! The coffee and biscuits in the morning are such a welcome touch!
Thank you for your kind hospitality Mimi!
No coincidimos con Mimi en las 7 noches que nos alojamos en su apartamento xq ella estaba fuera, pero estuvo siempre atenta al movil cada vez q le escribiamos para preguntarle algo. Estuvimos muy a gusto. El apartamento esta muy cerca del metro, en una calle tranquila, y es muy acogedor y se estaba muy calentito con la calefaccion. La habitacion es pequeña pero suficiente. Lo único que no nos gusto mucho fue el colchon, que es muy fino y se hunde bastante y hace algo de ruido por los muelles, pero para unos dias es un sitio perfecto y economico para ver Nueva York
The place was extremely spacious, Mimi was very kind, hospitable and accommodating. Excellent view of Brooklyn and Manhattan! Tall windows!
A Mimi foi super simpática e deixou-nos completamente à vontade. As fotografias são aquilo que se encontra (e a vista do quarto também é muito boa). Tínhamos café quente assim que acordávamos e a Chelsea é adorável. A casa estava muito limpa. Há perto um excelente sítio para um pequeno-almoço/brunch. O quarto não é grande mas suficiente para uma estadia curta em NY com pouca bagagem. De manhã a luz entrava facilmente pelo quarto porque as cortinas não tapam toda a janela e à noite a luz no quarto é muito reduzida porque só há um candeeiro pequeno. A cama é razoavelmente confortável dado que o colchão está a descair um pouco num dos lados (só se nota se dormirem duas pessoas na cama). Todavia, tudo isto não prejudicou o nosso descanso nossa estadia. Não tivemos qualquer problema no bairro em termos de segurança. A localização, para quem vai com pouco tempo como nós, não é a melhor se forem regressar tarde a casa porque é necessário trocar de linha de metro e uma das linhas (G) demora imenso a essa hora porque há grandes intervalos entre comboios. A qualquer outra hora é fácil chegar a Manhattan (perto de 1hora). A casa é muito organizada e com regras claras e objectivas o que torna fácil a vivência no mesmo espaço.
Love meeting new people and acquainting them with my neighborhood, Clinton Hill, which borders Fort Greene and Williamsburg. Close to all, especially Manhattan, I love to dine out, go to the movies and catch Broadway plays, and travel. As an avid traveler, I know what it takes to make a trip special, and will do my best to provide you with the insider's view that will make your trip to New York a memorable one.