About this listing
Please DO NOT SUBMIT A BOOKING REQUEST WITHOUT CONTACTING ME FIRST. Read the thorough room description below for details about this. Also, see my TRAVEL NOTES about availability during the first two weeks of October.
A fairly typical, small NYC flat--not humongous but very welcoming, warm, safe and clean (earth-friendly, cruelty-free products are used).
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
PLEASE CONTACT ME FIRST (via the "Contact Host" button below the photo of me) with any questions, the dates of your visit and your approximate arrival time BEFORE making an actual booking request (via the "Request to Book" button).
If you make a booking request before contacting me and getting a response with an invitation to submit a booking request, I regret that I will have to decline your booking request.
My guest room is in an excellent location, a great value and an extremely popular booking--all of which you can see in my glowing reviews. Sometimes my calendar may show dates available, but I may actually be holding those dates for someone who has already contacted me first. In fairness, I always accept booking requests for the same dates in the order received.
Also--and THIS IS IMPORTANT--I will never extend an invitation to make a booking request to anyone who doesn't have his or her profile completed with:
1) a clear personal photo (of yourself--not of the mountains or your dog or flowers or...);
2) some Airbnb verifications--not necessarily reviews, but Airbnb verifications in the form of identification, verified phone number, email address, etc., and;
3) some personal information so that I have an idea of whom I might be inviting into my home. Please make sure of this BEFORE contacting me.
One final note--because I have had a couple of recent bookings where the guests informed me of a late-night arrival AFTER booking the room--please discuss with me first if your flight, bus, train or other mode of transportation will have you arriving at night (especially international flights arriving in the late evening) and arriving at the apartment at a late hour, so that we can discuss whether I will be able to accommodate the late check-in.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
TRAVEL NOTES (again):
OCTOBER TRAVEL: Please note that I plan to go on holiday in October from the 2nd-18th. Therefore, I will not be able to welcome new guests who arrive during these dates. Potential guests will need to arrive prior to the 2nd (preferably) or no later than the MORNING of the 2nd as I will have an afternoon flight. I will give booking preference to guests who will be arriving by the 2nd and will be staying for as many days through the 18th (or longer) as possible while I am away.
I'm offering a cozy, private bedroom in my apartment in the historic, beautiful Greenwich Village neighborhood. The room is comfortably furnished with a full/double size bed with a relaxing, restful, mattress--not some cheap, hard mattress with springs poking you in the back all night and barely any cushioning! Additionally there is a small closet in the bedroom if you want to unpack your suitcase and get comfortable. The guest room gets wonderful natural light during the day and does not face the street, helping to reduce any of the sounds of the city during the night.
Fresh, quality bed linens and fluffy towels are provided for your stay, as is WiFi. While visiting, you are absolutely welcome to make use of the living room/kitchen area to prepare and enjoy any meals, if you wish. For your convenience, there is a laundry room within the building.
My apartment is a fairly typical, small NYC flat--not humongous but very welcoming, warm, safe and clean (earth-friendly, cruelty-free products are used). Your host--that would be me--occupies the other bedroom and is a genuinely kind, friendly, former Midwesterner who wants to make sure your visit to this fabulous city is wonderful (I hope you love it as much as I do!) and that your stay in my home is as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. In short, while you are visiting, my home is your home.
Situated on Thompson Street, the location is convenient to all that this city has to offer including the famous live music venues right out the door on Bleecker Street. The West 4th Street subway/metro station is a two-minute walk away, and Washington Square Park is just steps away. Within a short walking distance is the main NYU campus, SoHo, the West Village, Union Square, Nolita, Tribeca, Chinatown, the Lower East Side, Chelsea and more! Subway trains that are very close include the 1, A, C, E, B, D, F, M, N, R all of which will connect you wherever you want to go in a snap!
For your convenience, the neighborhood offers plenty of restaurants (including vegetarian/vegan, Thai, Japanese, Mexican, pizza, falafels, diners and much more), grocery stores (including Whole Foods and Trader Joe's a short distance away), coffee shops, 24-hour delis, pharmacies, comedy clubs (including the famous Comedy Cellar), live music (The Blue Note, Village Vanguard, the Bitter End, Le Poisson Rouge, Cafe Wha? and others), cinemas, nightlife options and more.
PLEASE NOTE: The apartment is located on the sixth floor of a walk-up (five flights up, no elevator/lift), so please keep this in mind if you have troubles with stairs. However, the place is super-convenient as noted above, has an awesome host (if I may say so myself) and is a great value. I enjoy meeting different people, and I look forward to welcoming you as a guest into my home.
If the EAST VILLAGE is more your style, please check out my other apartment with 2 available guest rooms:
-Cozy Room in Lively East Village
-Great Room in Lively East Village
Be kind. That about sums it up--not just in my apartment, but in life in general. :-)
• I generally say that check-in is 12pm (noon) and check-out is by 10am. However, I'm flexible if you're arriving/departing a little earlier or later; please let me know your arrival and departure times in advance.
• I try to be as accommodating as possible with check-ins and check-outs; however, I may not be able to accommodate very early morning or very late night arrival times.
• Oh, yeah...please no smoking in the apartment or building.
• Help conserve energy by turning off lights, air conditioning, laptops and other electronics when not in use.
• Save your drama for your mama, please. Let's keep my place a Positive Energy Zone. (mmmmm...PEZ...) I welcome responsible, respectful spirits into my home.
• If you need anything or have any concerns while staying at my place, please let me know.
• Most importantly, enjoy your visit!
• If you're arriving early and I already have a guest, you are welcome to leave your bags until the room is ready. However, if you are planning to arrive in NYC in the wee hours of the morning (you should contact me before making an actual reservation, in this case), please understand that I work pretty normal hours during the business day, and you may need to visit one of the nearby diners or coffee shops or other sites in the city until a reasonable hour. I'm sure you can understand.
• If you are departing later in the day and I have a new guest waiting for the room, you are usually welcome to leave your bags in the common area of the apartment until your departure (this is subject to what my work schedule is like that particular day). Please allow me access to the bedroom by the standard check-out time so that I may properly clean the room for the next guest.
The apartment gets wonderful natural light during the day and does not face the street, helping to reduce any of the sounds of the city during the night.
About the Host, John
I'm a New Yorker by way of the Midwest who is as madly in love with NYC as the first time I visited--actually, probably even more. I enjoy travel (though I don't get to do it as much as I'd like), photography, meeting new people and continually exploring this great city. I am a genuinely friendly and caring person with a creative and nurturing spirit.
In my day job, I am a web content manager/producer and manage the web production team for the company for which I work in support of the company's website, network of blogs and social media efforts. If I could earn a living by traveling the world and doing photography, I would be a very happy camper!
NOTE TO POTENTIAL GUESTS: You must CONTACT ME FIRST instead of submitting a booking request. Please read the full room description for information about this request and for thorough details about the room. I will never extend an invitation to make a booking request to anyone who doesn't have his or her profile completed with 1) a clear personal photo (of yourself--not of the mountains or your dog or flowers or...), 2) some Airbnb verifications--not necessarily reviews, but Airbnb verifications in the form of identification, verified phone number, email address, etc.; and 3) some personal information so that I have an idea of whom I might be inviting into my home. Please make sure of this BEFORE contacting me.