About this listing
BREATHTAKING, gorgeous mountain views in this mid century pool/spa home. Let the real world melt away as you relax in and around this gem. Float away your worries in the sun or under the shade of the flowing palms. Paradise is waiting...
Put your feet up and enjoy the air conditioning in this peaceful, spacious, hip, mid-century modern living room.
This unique home is a combination of Zen and Modern, offering areas of retreat for body, mind and soul. Each area of the home is a sanctuary on its own. Sleeping quarters include a king sized bed in the master, a queen in the guest and a full size bed sleeper sofa in the den.
The front living room is just right with vintage midcentury modern furnishings for a friendly conversation with family and friends, just by yourself with the serenity of a good book, or a movie on the new 60" flat panel HDTV. Netflix, DirecTV and premium channels - all with surround sound - are included for your enjoyment. The entire living room opens up to a breathtaking view of the mountain range and the serenity of the pool area - all through the wall of glass doors. It's heaven-like with the soft sound of the waterfall in the background. The kitchen and dining room are open to the rest of the living space to make gatherings for meals a joy for everyone.
The outdoor living space is as easy as the indoor space with areas for every type of entertaining without the walls. Dine or enjoy comfortable conversation under the pergola or relax on the huge twin bed sized loungers, all surrounded by lush fauna, 23 palms, fruit trees and statuary with a Zen influence. Feel the breeze and drift away in the sparkling, saltwater pool under the palms. At sunset, soak in the spa with a refreshing cocktail while your favorite music plays through the outdoor speakers. The entire house and backyard is wifi ready and everything is only steps from the pool, spa and waterfall.
At night enjoy the fireplace by the pool highlighted by LED pool and spa lights as a backdrop. Choose from an array of colors or a color light show to add mood and excitement to your night. And last but certainly not least, everywhere in the backyard you'll be taken aback by the breathtaking views of the San Jancito mountains.
This beautiful home is set within a few minutes of downtown Palm Springs shopping, dining, casinos and is also close to the many golf courses and the aerial tramway. The view, the home, the pool and spa area are all something to experience. It's an amazing place for that vacation and relaxation in the sun!
Note: Kindly read over the house rules and let us know if you have any questions before booking. :)
Your stay has no limits. You will have full access to the entire property for the duration of your stay.
Interaction with Guests
Upon checking in we will greet you, give you a tour, answer any and all questions you may have...then get out of your way so the fun can start! Should you need us for anything we're a phone call, text, or email away.
A central location in Central Palm Springs makes this gem close to everything. From grocery stores, to a downtown stroll through the art galleries, or to a picnic in Ruth Hardy Park - all within a mile or two.
Other Things to Note
Minimum night stays:
4 nights during Feb-March
2-3 nights all other times.
Minimum night stays for Holidays:
4 night min for Thanksgiving.
1 week min for xmas.
Coachella weekend -
Minimum stay is 4 nights
Please inquire within about large groups and/or special occasions. Different rates will apply.
Usual daily and weekly rates are raised during holiday and special events.
There is no house phone line. Property-wide high speed wifi is available.
In order to preserve the home and keep it in great shape for guests, the following rules are strictly enforced:
• Respect Palm Springs Noise Ordinance between 10:00pm and 7:00am. Noise must be kept to a minimum out of respect for the residents in the neighborhood.
• This is a Non-Smoking House. If evidence of smoking is found indoors, entire security deposit will be retained for additional cleaning.
• Maximum Occupancy is 6 people.
• If an item is damaged or breaks during your stay, please let us know so we can replace the item prior to our next guest’s arrival.
• Please use plastic cups around the pool and spa area. If glass is used outside and breaks, the entire pool must be drained.
• Dogs are absolutely welcome! Please make sure the yard does not have any droppings and please keep them off the couches, beds and furniture. $50 per dog fee.
• A separate 11.5% Palm Springs City Tax is required of the final Airbnb price.
• $50 daily pool heating charge (optional), available Oct - May. The free solar heating is perfect for the summer as the pool will be in the mid 80's to 90's.
• No renters under 25 years of age.
• If children are included, then they MUST be supervised by an adult at the pool.
• Check in from 3pm - 8pm. Check-out at 11am. Late check-out available for $25 and late check-out may be available with an extra fee.
• Air conditioning can not be set below 72 degrees and heat can not be set above 74. Doors and windows must be closed when either heat or air conditioning is in operation.
• Please take all trash to the bins located in the driveway. Pickup is Monday mornings.
• Please be respectful of house as if it were your own.
• And last but not least, you MUST under all circumstances have fun!! :) Seriously, you’re gonna love it!
Work on your tan or relax in the shade as you drift away on one of the bed-sized loungers, to the peaceful sounds of the waterfall.
This was my first Airbnb experience, and it was great! The house was modern, clean, and fully stocked. The backyard was amazing and perfect for lounging around all weekend. There were clear instructions on how to operate all the pool and jacuzzi features and we were floating in the pool within minutes of our arrival.
Highly recommend this place. Definitely will be back!
Oh man, Chris's pad was amazing. Our small group and I were pleasantly stunned by his well designed home, and although Chris wasn't around to greet us personally, he made every effort to welcome us remotely and through his co-host. These two hosts made our stay comfortable from the days leading up to our arrival through the final day.
I'll never forget how relaxed I was floating on one of the pool mats after a long drive up from San Diego. A truly memorable moment thanks to Chris and his wonderful hospitality and home.
This was my first Airbnb experience, and it was very pleasant. The place was clean, exactly as it was listed, and fully stocked with everything I could possibly need (from towels to kitchen utensils).
The pool and jacuzzi (the real reason I was here) were great. There were clear instructions on how to operate all the features and it took us no time at all the get settled. It was also pleasantly close to grocery stores and all the restaurants.
I would definitely consider coming back here as my first choice next time I visit Palm Springs. Highly recommend this place.
Fantastic house! Pool and hot tub were of course the highlights. Hosts were very attentive and left good instructions for us.
Highly recommend staying here. We didn't want to leave all weekend. Chris and Sonia were incredibly responsive and helpful!
We rented Chris's spot for our anniversary weekend and had a fabulous time! When we arrived there were rose petals on our bed and wine in the fridge - so romantic. The place is beautiful and very conveniently located. The pool and hot tub were luxurious! We had an easy time using the grill and all the other appliances. All in all it was a fabuluos stay!
We had such a fun time staying here! Chris was very responsive, helpful, and accommodating. The house and pool were exactly what we were looking for in a weekend getaway. We hardly left...the dogs loved it too!
About the Host, Chris
Hi Kids! I live in Venice Beach and often visit my Palm Springs pad with friends for an awesome, relaxing, weekend getaway. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do! Thanks for checking it out and please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks!!