Situated near the edge of Downtown Northampton, This Happy Home is on a quiet side street. The private, sunny bedroom comes with a full size bed, reading nook and a fresh bouquet of flowers. Towels will be provided and the shared bathroom is right outside your door.
As the best B'n'B's, we would make you a warm cup of coffee or tea in the morning and be happy to prepare you delicious breakfast made with fresh, local ingredients.
During the work week we will have homemade croissants, freshly squeezed OJ and fruit available for you. On the weekends, whether you prefer a hearty meal of waffles and meat, fresh scones and jam or a light breakfast with fresh fruit and homemade granola, we will do our best to suit your tastes and make you feel at home.
Interaction with Guests
During your stay we would like to know your expectations so we may comfortably accommodate you. If you would like to stay in solitude, we will be mindful. If you would like directions around town or to go out for a meal or drink, we would be happy to suggest some of Northampton's best.
If you are not familiar with Downtown Northampton, it is full of unique shops, independently owned cafes, delicious bakeries and a wide variety of restaurants.
This Happy Home is located on the bus line and bike path. (We have a road bike that you are welcome to use during your stay, just ask!) We would also be happy to pick you up from Amtrak, the MegaBus, Peter Pan or Greyhound bus stop. This Happy Home is 1 mile from the center of town, making for an easy to walk, ride or drive.
This Happy Home is 45 minutes from BDL. If a ride from the airport is needed we may be able make arrangements to pick you up and/or drive you to the airport for a modest fee. Feel free to ask!
Other Things to Note
- Bed is full size.
- Room door opens to shared dining room, living room and kitchen.
- Please feel free to use our Netflix or HuluPlus while you are here. You'll enjoy cinematic experience of the large HD flat screen and surround sound.
- We have a sizable library, please feel free to grab a book off the shelf to read, just be sure to return it!
- Pets may be permitted depending on their training, hair and other factors - please feel free to ask if you are traveling with your four legged friend and if we are able to make arrangements we will.
- If the check-in and check-out times do not work with your plans please let us know and we will try to accommodate you.
- Bathroom is shared.
- No smoking indoors, but covered porch is available.
- Volumes must be kept at a respectful level, our neighbors live below us.
- No curfew, just let us know if you are going to be coming back really late so we can leave the light on for you.
- If staying multiple nights we will need to communicate our dinner plans with each other. (Will we be cooking/eating together, will you be out, etc.)
- If you use the bike be sure to lock them up every single time.
We walked into a warm, inviting apartment, and made our way to the back where our room was lit, the bed made, and tea laid out on the bureau, which created a feeling of comfort. Alison and Luke brought us flowers and told us everything we needed to know about our accommodations. They directed us into town, where we spent our New Years Eve, and when we returned, we enjoyed a very peaceful sleep, after reciting New Years resolutions. The next morning, they made us scones, coffee, and tea, and we shared each other's company until we had to leave. Alison and Luke were very sweet, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay, and as a token of our gratitude, we played them a song accompanied by a Dobro and Hillary's voice on our way out. - Hillary and Sam
Comfortable, cozy room and friendly, accommodating hosts. Delicious home baked scones, too!
Very accommodating couple, breakfast was fabulous. Left out towels and water just like at a hotel. Super convenient location as well. Highly recommend.
Our stay was brief but great! Alison was incredibly accommodating and the space is adorable. She even made us scones and coffee! We'd definitely recommend staying with her.
Alison is a most pleasant, intelligent and friendly person, and makes great scones for breakfast! The room was clean and airy, and the neighborhood was quiet and quite convenient to downtown.
Waking up with the smell of fresh blueberry scones in the morning, what else do you need? A warm bed, a good shower and a great couple living in this cosy house who can give you great tips for dinner in the vibrant city!
I recommend this place to anyone who is keen to visit an alternative town with a lot of young people.
Nice room in a good location that was made special by the wonderful hospitality
I love living right near downtown Northampton. My partner, Luke, and I have lived here for over two years and are still delighted by how quaint the city is with a variety of unique restaurants, shops, cafes and bars.
I coordinate Relay for Life events for the American Cancer Society and Luke is a PhD candidate at UMass Amherst economics program.
As your hosts, we would want to accommodate your stay based on your style of traveling. If you would like suggestions of where to go and what to see, we can guide you. If you would like a quiet stay and to simply pop in and out on your own schedule, please feel free to do so.
We would be delighted to host you.