About this listing
Clean, private guesthouse backed against the mountains in Anchorage. Simple, quiet and comfortable, SGH offers a large living and bedroom, private bath & kitchenette. Free continental breakfast, airport shuttle and tours starting June 1, 2016.
NEW in 2016! Ask about our courtesy shuttle, rental van & tour concierge service.
The guesthouse features a private driveway and entrance, an elegant layout while attached to an older home where the owner lives. It is cleaned and restocked between guests.
Announcement: We are offering only long-term (3 weeks or more) through winter of 2015. We will pause making reservations between October 28 and December 22, due to being out of the country, but we will continue taking bookings (with a host of new services included with this listing) after the new year. If you want to book your stay for October, November or December, we will need to know before October 21.
Note: On main listing, Airbnb advertises the lowest prices available on the calendar, so be sure to verify rates for the specific days when booking in advance.
The setting couldn't be more Alaskan. It is nestled in a south Anchorage neighborhood, where natural mossy landscapes, old knotty trees, wild fiddle-head ferns and the occasional wild animal can be found.
It feels like country here, but it's tucked away in the city so you still have immediate access to everything you need for dining out, entertainment, relaxation.
The Spacious Top Level Guesthouse offers -
- Complementary wi-fi (wireless internet) and streaming movies.
- Professional cleaning prior to every check in
stocked with clean sheets, blankets and towels.
- The ability to check in and out as you please, using a combination-code to unlock the guesthouse door. (Given with contact info and house manual once you book your stay).
- An large living area with streaming internet movies, internet and blue-ray
- A very large master bedroom that sprawls, plus a jumbo walk-in closet and reading nook.
- A kitchenette with basic essentials, fridge, freezer, complimentary coffee, drip coffee maker, tea kettle and microwave.
- A simple bathroom with tub, shower, bathroom essentials and complementary soaps, shampoos and bubble bath.
Guests have access to everything in the guesthouse and may wander the premesis.
Interaction with Guests
While the landlord lives downstairs, the guesthouse is separate and provides complete privacy - no shared spaces or rooms. I am usually nearby and available to answer questions and help if needed, and available via phone.
For 2016, I am putting together a host of activities for guests and putting together itineraries for guest. We can locate a host of tour providers for you but I also host as a personal guide on select tours.
Denali by train
Free shuttle pickup and drop-off
Continental/Casual breakfast (I supply food, you use my kitchen)
Catering for guest who want to dine in
Van rental/$40/day for guests
1 or 2-way shuttle to nearby downs
Aurora viewing at night
Day tour of Anchorage area by van
Kayaking on either an alpine or glacial lake
Fly-out bear viewing
Each activity I guide is priced individually, but if you want to put in a full day with multiple tours, then it's just a daily rate + any incidentals such as fuel and gear rental (if needed.)
If you are interested in any individual activities I can shop around and get them priced out for you.
The houses are far apart in a fairly wooded neighborhood, each on an acre or more of land that has been homesteaded since the 1950's. It is quiet and one of the friendliest neighborhoods in Anchorage.
Its about three minutes drive from grocery and drug stores, restaurants, zoo, shops, and it is easy to access both highways that lead out of town. The public bus does not service our street, so your own transportation is preferable. A taxi is about $25 from the airport, and takes about 15 minutes.
Other Things to Note
We offer a discounted winter rate, and an intermediate rate in spring and fall because Alaska has less tourism during those months. Airbnb displays the lowest rate availble, so if you are booking for a time in the future or a different season, the price may be different. Be sure to check the prices you are quoted before finalizing your payment on any listing. The guesthouse has a country-like appeal.
The guesthouse is in a low-density residential area of Anchorage. If you are looking for something in the city center, check out my other listing called "Immaculate! Midtown Charmer" - I also have a new 2-bedroom listing available near the airport. It will be available for long stays and month-to-month. Check out the links on my profile
Practice common courtesy.
• Communicate - let me know if you have any special needs or how I can make your stay more enjoyable. Let me know if you will be checking in late or if you have any travel troubles and need to change your plans. I am pretty laid back and flexible to change.
• You can smoke outside on the deck, but do not smoke inside.
• Remove shoes in the house. The guesthouse is upstairs and the floors are wood. Need I say more?
• Clean up after yourself. I don't charge a cleaning fee unless I have to work overtime to pick up your mess.
• We reserve 10 pm and 9 am for quiet time. There are permanent residents who have to go to bed and get up early.
• If you break anything, let me know.
• Check out is at 11 am.