About the property
1. Our Guesthouse is nestled at the base of Udaipur’s renowned City Palace in the heart of the Old City.
2. The street in which the 250 year old heritage house or haveli is located, Kavi Rao Mohan Singh, is named after an ancestor of the family and is a comfortable sanctuary just off Bhattiyani Chouhtta, a fascinating market street lined with handicrafts stalls.
3. We invite you to nest and rest in one of our two spacious bedrooms (11x17ft). You can curl up reading in cushioned bay-windows or sprawl out for a siesta on firm double beds with freshly laundered linen.
4. Each room is decorated with eclectic handicrafts, antiques and textiles.
5. Our guesthouse is newly renovated, so our bathroom facilities are clean and reliable.
6. Each room has an ensuite bathroom with western toilet and a running hot shower available 24 hours a day.
7. We will happily provide clean towels and new bed linen at your request.
7. In addition to our simple but charming heritage rooms, it has two spacious terraces from which panoramic views of the City Palace and verdant Aravali Hills can be taken in.
8. It is a perfect place to experience the nightly sound and light show which sets the Palace ablaze, watch the buzzing rooftop life of the Old City, or rest-up with a book, drink or meal happily provided by your hosts (upon request). Of course, it's courtyard is also a lovely shady place to pass time.
9. The traditional layout of our home (several rooms arranged around open courtyards) is perfect for the independently minded traveller who also wants to experience the life and hospitality of a local family. You may come and go from our rooms as you please as they each have a private entrance from the little garden courtyard.
10. As our family are descendants of a renowned poet who served in the royal court of Mewar and shared a close relationship with the then King (Maharana), our home was gifted to our ancestor by the royal family.
Attractions and distance
It is thus located very centrally, just 5 minutes walk to the palace and other heritage highlights of Udaipur, such as:
1. Jagdish Temple- Built from marble in C17th and dedicated to Jagdish’ or Vishnu (Lord and protector of the universe), this is Udaipur’s most notable and beautiful Hindu temple.
2. Gangaur Ghat- A complex of Shiva temples perched on the bank of Pichola Lake where the annual Gangaur festival unique to Rajasthan is commemorated. Also a wonderful spot to observe the rituals of daily life, the gorgeous Lake Palace and Jag Mandir island.
3. Ayurvedic Hospital- Provides free consultations, daily yoga classes and mud therapy.
4. Rose Garden- The favoured place for locals to picnic and exercise.
5. Many handicrafts, vegetable and spice markets.
2. Air Conditioning
4. Cable TV
5. Free Parking
Check in Flexible
Check out 10A.M.
Who we are
Hi there, my name is Akshay. My parents Gajendra and Vimla, my younger sister Tina and I would like to invite you to share in the joy of our local culture, architecture and landscape from a unique vantage point- our family home! I recently established 'Little Garden Guesthouse' to provide an income for my retired Mum and Dad, assist in maintaining our heritage property, and to entertain my love of imparting local knowledge! I have 6 years experience assisting travellers seeking out the best of Udaipur. Whilst you stay with us I will be available to ensure that your room is comfortable and your city wanderings rewarding! I look forward to your expressions of interest.
Cultural and Heritage Tour Udaipur
My name is Akshay and I am a tour guide in city of udaipur. I conduct walking Cultural&Heritage tours of the exquisite old part of udaipur Which include The most Beautiful City Palace Complex,Crystal Gallery,Darbar Hall,Jagdish Temple,Vegetable,Spice,Fruit Markets and Beautiful old mansions call Haveli "The house of Nobles and Subordinates" from 17th 18th Century has Exqusit work of Lattice window and Balcony most of them are off the beaten paths from Tourist attractions. This is a Complete combo package tour which takes around 3 to 4 Hours.Here I am going to share my Local Knowledge and Experience of Udaipur. This is the beautiful way of experience of Rajasthani Exquisite food call (Daal,Baati&Churma), daily Local life of Udaipurians and as city has large community of tribes from countryside you could see them when we will walk around the Old part of Vegetable market they are easily identify with their colorful costume it is not just simple market but it is an multicolored bazaar which you could only see in Bollywood Movies:).If you are planing to visit udaipur and want to explore its Cultural&Heritage richness then you will love this tour as i could take you back in History of 16th Century when the city was erected by Maharana Udai singh. To witness the architectural wonders of Palaces and Lakes,Multicolored Mansions,Colorful decorated shops and many more If you have only one or two days in udaipur then one should have this tour in order to have local Exquisite Experience.Please come and have Experience and give me Opportunity to serve you the best Knowledgeable Guided Tour of Udaipur.
This is on request and cost would be 500 INR per person.
Thank you :)
Akshay and his family (father, mother and sister) made us feel most welcome and were very accommodating especially when I became sick one day. His father went out and bought me bananas and his mother and sister made me home-made yogurt to help my stomach problems. I could have asked for a better place to stay in Udaipur. The Little Garden Guest House is in the old city of Udaipur, within walking distance to the lake and great shops around the area. Akshay was fantastic when it came to responding to any of my inquiries and was always so helpful with advice and arranging for a ride to see some of the sites. I would highly recommend the Little Garden Guest House to anyone visiting or travelling to Udaipur. By the way, my partner (Chris) and I travelled to many different cities in India and so far Udaipur is by far my favorite place in India. Thanks Akshay for all your assistance and such great service. Tell your family I loved meeting with them.
It was a pleasure to stay with Akshays family. The rooms were clean and beautifully furnished. The house has a rooftop terrace where I sat for hours reading books and enjoying the view. Akshays mother prepared breakfast each morning. I loved the fruits and freshly cooked meals.
Also, if you (like me) come to Udaipur unprepared, don't worry. Akshay seems to know every corner of his city and never gets tired of recommending trips to places worth seeing.
We stayed for two nights in Akshy,s place, which we wished to have stayed more.he is helpful in every aspects, you feel home with their lovely parents and talented beautiful sister.The accomodation was perfect,clean, comfortable and relaxing. The breakfast was superb specially the best masala tea made by Akshy,s dad.we highly recommend this place which is close to all the amenities.Thank you Akshy for having us.
Akshay is an outstanding host. Our room was impeccably kept, had a very comfortable bed and was nicely hidden from the busy main part of town. He was always keen to advise on a great place to eat and to recommend his taylor. Breakfast was beautifully prepared by his family and his father makes the best chai tea around! I highly recommend this place to any traveler wanting to be in the heart of Udaipur.
Little Garden strikes the perfect balance between being a quiet, private and relaxing place to stay while also having a family touch and getting some personal connection as well. I really enjoyed my stay here. The guest house is centrally located so it was the perfect place for me to explore Udaipur from, with nearly everything in walking distance. When I arrived Akshay took the time to show me a map of the city and point out some places I might like to visit. He also showed me around the city palace and we had tea together a few times. In general Akshay and his family were gracious and genuine hosts. They are incredibly welcoming, friendly, and helpful. When I went up to visit the cable cars Akshay even offered to give me a lift on his bike. I felt like they really cared that I had a good stay. I was traveling alone and felt very safe and comfortable. The room was stylish and immaculate-Akshay has a great eye for design! This is a family business and I could tell so much attention was put into every detail. I loved Udaipur and when I left the guest house I was hoping to come back and bring my family! Highly recommended.
Oasis in the middle of the city! We (two couples) heve been there for two nights and where really impressed: You drive in the middle of the city with narrow streets and then walk through the gate and it gets quiet and calm.
Perfect location: Everything is just a walking distance.
The place is small (two bedrooms) and private, wonderful garden, very traditional-stylish bedrooms with "western-style" bathrooms. A perfect mix of tradition and modernity. Lovely host-family. Udaipur and little garden guesthouse are great.
Very friendly family! You will be treated as a king. Akshay planned a wonderfull daytrip. The room is very nice with everything you need, good shower, nice big bed and good smelling soap,
Breackfast was always too much with several fresh fruit and indian plates.
If you are planning to go to Udaipur, don't hesitate and stay there, the experience is certainly worth to be lived. Close to center and quiet room .
I hope to get back next year
I came as a guest and left as family !! An incredibly cute, clean place to stay with personal touch everywhere. Akshay and his family are so warm and welcoming and went the extra mile to make sure we were comfortable. Akshays Mum and Dad are excellent cooks, his whole family is so sweet. The location is perfect. I highly recommend the Little Garden Guest House and will definitely go back !!
The best place we stayed at in our two week trip in Northern India.
The location, the accommodation and especially the Akshay family made this one of our more memorable stays.
We were also treated to a wonderful family meal in a Udaipur style.
Not to be missed.
The Little Garden Guesthouse was absolutely the best place we have stayed in India! Akshay is an amazing host. He knows Udiapur better than anyone. He communicates clearly in many languages (Hindi, English, French, and I think German too). His family is welcoming and extremely generous. They served us fabulous Chai and Poha almost every morning. Helped us navigate the city and maximize our time in Udaipur. The accommodations were the cleanest and most tasteful that we have experienced.
Book this place if you would like the experience of a homestay an the the comfort and privacy of a 5 star hotel. Enjoy!
This is the final rate, including any fees from the host and Airbnb.