About this listing
About the property
1. Our Guesthouse is nestled at the base of Udaipur's renowned City Palace in the heart of the Old City.
2. The street in which the 250 year old heritage house or haveli is located, Kavi Rao Mohan Singh, is named after an ancestor of the family and is a comfortable sanctuary just off Bhattiyani Chouhtta, a fascinating market street lined with handicrafts stalls.
3. We invite you to nest and rest in one of our two spacious bedrooms (11x17ft). You can curl up reading in cushioned bay-windows or sprawl out for a siesta on firm double beds with freshly laundered linen.
4. Each room is decorated with eclectic handicrafts, antiques and textiles.
5. Our guesthouse is newly renovated, so our bathroom facilities are clean and reliable.
6. Each room has an ensuite bathroom with western toilet and a running hot shower available 24 hours a day.
7. We will happily provide clean towels and new bed linen at your request.
7. In addition to our simple but charming heritage rooms, it has two spacious terraces from which panoramic views of the City Palace and verdant Aravali Hills can be taken in.
8. It is a perfect place to experience the nightly sound and light show which sets the Palace ablaze, watch the buzzing rooftop life of the Old City, or rest-up with a book, drink or meal happily provided by your hosts (upon request). Of course, it's courtyard is also a lovely shady place to pass time.
9. The traditional layout of our home (several rooms arranged around open courtyards) is perfect for the independently minded traveller who also wants to experience the life and hospitality of a local family. You may come and go from our rooms as you please as they each have a private entrance from the little garden courtyard.
10. As our family are descendants of a renowned poet who served in the royal court of Mewar and shared a close relationship with the then King (Maharana), our home was gifted to our ancestor by the royal family.
Attractions and distance
It is thus located very centrally, just 5 minutes walk to the palace and other heritage highlights of Udaipur, such as:
1. Jagdish Temple- Built from marble in C17th and dedicated to Jagdish' or Vishnu (Lord and protector of the universe), this is Udaipur's most notable and beautiful Hindu temple.
2. Gangaur Ghat- A complex of Shiva temples perched on the bank of Pichola Lake where the annual Gangaur festival unique to Rajasthan is commemorated. Also a wonderful spot to observe the rituals of daily life, the gorgeous Lake Palace and Jag Mandir island.
3. Ayurvedic Hospital- Provides free consultations, daily yoga classes and mud therapy.
4. Rose Garden- The favoured place for locals to picnic and exercise.
5. Many handicrafts, vegetable and spice markets.
2. Air Conditioning
4. Cable TV
5. Free Parking
Check in Flexible
Check out 10A.M.
Who we are
Hi there, my name is Akshay. My parents Gajendra and Vimla, my younger sister Tina and I would like to invite you to share in the joy of our local culture, architecture and landscape from a unique vantage point- our family home! I recently established 'Little Garden Guesthouse' to provide an income for my retired Mum and Dad, assist in maintaining our heritage property, and to entertain my love of imparting local knowledge! I have 6 years experience assisting travellers seeking out the best of Udaipur. Whilst you stay with us I will be available to ensure that your room is comfortable and your city wanderings rewarding! I look forward to your expressions of interest.
Cultural and Heritage Tour Udaipur
My name is Akshay and I am a tour guide in city of udaipur. I conduct walking Cultural&Heritage tours of the exquisite old part of udaipur Which include The most Beautiful City Palace Complex,Crystal Gallery,Darbar Hall,Jagdish Temple,Vegetable,Spice,Fruit Markets and Beautiful old mansions call Haveli "The house of Nobles and Subordinates" from 17th 18th Century has Exqusit work of Lattice window and Balcony most of them are off the beaten paths from Tourist attractions. This is a Complete combo package tour which takes around 3 to 4 Hours.Here I am going to share my Local Knowledge and Experience of Udaipur. This is the beautiful way of experience of Rajasthani Exquisite food call (Daal,Baati&Churma), daily Local life of Udaipurians and as city has large community of tribes from countryside you could see them when we will walk around the Old part of Vegetable market they are easily identify with their colorful costume it is not just simple market but it is an multicolored bazaar which you could only see in Bollywood Movies:).If you are planing to visit udaipur and want to explore its Cultural&Heritage richness then you will love this tour as i could take you back in History of 16th Century when the city was erected by Maharana Udai singh. To witness the architectural wonders of Palaces and Lakes,Multicolored Mansions,Colorful decorated shops and many more If you have only one or two days in udaipur then one should have this tour in order to have local Exquisite Experience.Please come and have Experience and give me Opportunity to serve you the best Knowledgeable Guided Tour of Udaipur.
This is on request and cost would be 500 INR per person.
Thank you :)
Please no guests in rooms other than those checked-in.