About the property
1. Our Guesthouse is nestled at the base of Udaipur’s renowned City Palace in the heart of the Old City.
2. The street in which the 250 year old heritage house or haveli is located, Kavi Rao Mohan Singh, is named after an ancestor of the family and is a comfortable sanctuary just off Bhattiyani Chouhtta, a fascinating market street lined with handicrafts stalls.
3. We invite you to nest and rest in one of our two spacious bedrooms (11x17ft). You can curl up reading in cushioned bay-windows or sprawl out for a siesta on firm double beds with freshly laundered linen.
4. Each room is decorated with eclectic handicrafts, antiques and textiles.
5. Our guesthouse is newly renovated, so our bathroom facilities are clean and reliable.
6. Each room has an ensuite bathroom with western toilet and a running hot shower available 24 hours a day.
7. We will happily provide clean towels and new bed linen at your request.
7. In addition to our simple but charming heritage rooms, it has two spacious terraces from which panoramic views of the City Palace and verdant Aravali Hills can be taken in.
8. It is a perfect place to experience the nightly sound and light show which sets the Palace ablaze, watch the buzzing rooftop life of the Old City, or rest-up with a book, drink or meal happily provided by your hosts (upon request). Of course, it's courtyard is also a lovely shady place to pass time.
9. The traditional layout of our home (several rooms arranged around open courtyards) is perfect for the independently minded traveller who also wants to experience the life and hospitality of a local family. You may come and go from our rooms as you please as they each have a private entrance from the little garden courtyard.
10. As our family are descendants of a renowned poet who served in the royal court of Mewar and shared a close relationship with the then King (Maharana), our home was gifted to our ancestor by the royal family.
Attractions and distance
It is thus located very centrally, just 5 minutes walk to the palace and other heritage highlights of Udaipur, such as:
1. Jagdish Temple- Built from marble in C17th and dedicated to Jagdish’ or Vishnu (Lord and protector of the universe), this is Udaipur’s most notable and beautiful Hindu temple.
2. Gangaur Ghat- A complex of Shiva temples perched on the bank of Pichola Lake where the annual Gangaur festival unique to Rajasthan is commemorated. Also a wonderful spot to observe the rituals of daily life, the gorgeous Lake Palace and Jag Mandir island.
3. Ayurvedic Hospital- Provides free consultations, daily yoga classes and mud therapy.
4. Rose Garden- The favoured place for locals to picnic and exercise.
5. Many handicrafts, vegetable and spice markets.
2. Air Conditioning
4. Cable TV
5. Free Parking
Check in Flexible
Check out 10A.M.
Who we are
Hi there, my name is Akshay. My parents Gajendra and Vimla, my younger sister Tina and I would like to invite you to share in the joy of our local culture, architecture and landscape from a unique vantage point- our family home! I recently established 'Little Garden Guesthouse' to provide an income for my retired Mum and Dad, assist in maintaining our heritage property, and to entertain my love of imparting local knowledge! I have 6 years experience assisting travellers seeking out the best of Udaipur. Whilst you stay with us I will be available to ensure that your room is comfortable and your city wanderings rewarding! I look forward to your expressions of interest.
Cultural and Heritage Tour Udaipur
My name is Akshay and I am a tour guide in city of udaipur. I conduct walking Cultural&Heritage tours of the exquisite old part of udaipur Which include The most Beautiful City Palace Complex,Crystal Gallery,Darbar Hall,Jagdish Temple,Vegetable,Spice,Fruit Markets and Beautiful old mansions call Haveli "The house of Nobles and Subordinates" from 17th 18th Century has Exqusit work of Lattice window and Balcony most of them are off the beaten paths from Tourist attractions. This is a Complete combo package tour which takes around 3 to 4 Hours.Here I am going to share my Local Knowledge and Experience of Udaipur. This is the beautiful way of experience of Rajasthani Exquisite food call (Daal,Baati&Churma), daily Local life of Udaipurians and as city has large community of tribes from countryside you could see them when we will walk around the Old part of Vegetable market they are easily identify with their colorful costume it is not just simple market but it is an multicolored bazaar which you could only see in Bollywood Movies:).If you are planing to visit udaipur and want to explore its Cultural&Heritage richness then you will love this tour as i could take you back in History of 16th Century when the city was erected by Maharana Udai singh. To witness the architectural wonders of Palaces and Lakes,Multicolored Mansions,Colorful decorated shops and many more If you have only one or two days in udaipur then one should have this tour in order to have local Exquisite Experience.Please come and have Experience and give me Opportunity to serve you the best Knowledgeable Guided Tour of Udaipur.
This is on request and cost would be 500 INR per person.
Thank you :)
Akshay and his family (father, mother and sister) made us feel most welcome and were very accommodating especially when I became sick one day. His father went out and bought me bananas and his mother and sister made me home-made yogurt to help my stomach problems. I could have asked for a better place to stay in Udaipur. The Little Garden Guest House is in the old city of Udaipur, within walking distance to the lake and great shops around the area. Akshay was fantastic when it came to responding to any of my inquiries and was always so helpful with advice and arranging for a ride to see some of the sites. I would highly recommend the Little Garden Guest House to anyone visiting or travelling to Udaipur. By the way, my partner (Chris) and I travelled to many different cities in India and so far Udaipur is by far my favorite place in India. Thanks Akshay for all your assistance and such great service. Tell your family I loved meeting with them.
It was a pleasure to stay with Akshays family. The rooms were clean and beautifully furnished. The house has a rooftop terrace where I sat for hours reading books and enjoying the view. Akshays mother prepared breakfast each morning. I loved the fruits and freshly cooked meals.
Also, if you (like me) come to Udaipur unprepared, don't worry. Akshay seems to know every corner of his city and never gets tired of recommending trips to places worth seeing.
We stayed for two nights in Akshy,s place, which we wished to have stayed more.he is helpful in every aspects, you feel home with their lovely parents and talented beautiful sister.The accomodation was perfect,clean, comfortable and relaxing. The breakfast was superb specially the best masala tea made by Akshy,s dad.we highly recommend this place which is close to all the amenities.Thank you Akshy for having us.
Akshay and his family were great hosts. We stayed with them for 2 days and had a wonderful experience. The Little Garden Guest House is very pleasant, the rooms are wonderful, with a queen sized bed. The bathroom was great with a standup Western shower.
The location is central to all of the tourist locations. A light, 10 minute walk to the Jagdish Temple and City Palace. All of the shopping and handicraft stores are located 2 minutes away. Be sure to visit the Bagore Haveli show near the lake, it was great.
Akshay's family is truly wonderful. His dad makes the best chai, and morning breakfast was delicious. I definitely recommend staying with Akshay during your stay in Udaipur!
My stay at the Little Garden Guest house was nothing short of amazing. The two friends I was traveling with booked themselves into a 4 star hotel but as an Airbnb Host myself I wanted a more personal experience at a family home in Udaipur. Akshay, Tina and their parents were the most wonderful, gracious and welcoming hosts, so much so that my friends wanted to leave their hotel to stay at Little a Garden and would have had their hotel not been prepaid.
My room was blissfully quiet, beautifully furnished and had a wonderfully comfortable bed. Little Garden has the most convenient location in the middle of the old city and even has a wonderful view of the Citi Palace from the roof. Akshay went above and beyond to help us and his other guests with all of our arrangements and he and his family made our visit to Udaipur the highlight of our three week trip to India.
It was a wonderful experience. Akshay and his family are super polite and tremendous in their hospitality. Morning breakfasts were as amazing as it can get and Akshay's mom even cooked dinner for us one night. It was a true home experience. I loved Udaipur and it was a great experience because of my host Akshay. He also took us to the local Garba festival where we danced with the locals and it was overall great experience.
We've had a very pleasant stay at Akshay's. The room is clean and cozy, as shown in the pictures, and centrally localted. The breakfast is great. Aksha runs his business very carefully, paying attention to all details and taking care of any demand we've made. His father makes an excellent chay by the way. Highly recommended to other visitors.
Akshay, the Rao family, and the little garden house are all wonderful.
Akshay is a wonderful host: not only did he recommend many things to check out in Udaipur and give directions (and a motorcycle ride or two!), but one of the nights I wanted to stay he was booked and he helped me find an alternate place - what a guy. He knows about anything you are going to want to do in Udaipur and will help make it happen.
The place itself looks as advertised, and is very comfortable. His family is great and I felt I was given a much deeper understanding of true daily life for the Udaipurian than staying in a larger house or hotel. If you're looking for a more intimate view of the Udaipur life, and to have someone around to help facilitate, the guesthouse is for you!
My family of two adults and one four-year-old girl stayed at the Little Garden Guesthouse for five nights in late January near the end of our trip. The room was great, one of the best we stayed in - spotlessly clean with great furnishings and great old photos hand-coloured by Akshay's father. Very good location near Jagdish Temple and the palace. Wonderful breakfasts. But the best thing about the guesthouse is the hosts. Akshay, Tina and their parents made us feel like part of the family for the week. They are just genuinely nice people and did everything they could to make our stay enjoyable. Our daughter was treated like a princess and made friends with Akshay's young cousins who live within the haveli (the guest area is partitioned and private). Staying here with this wonderful family was one of the highlights of our trip to India. Highly recommended.
This was the perfect way to finish off our trip to India. Akshay is an incredibly thoughtful host, and went above and beyond to make sure that we thoroughly enjoyed our time in Udaipur. He is fun to talk to, has great recommendations of what to do around Udaipur, and even invited us to eat a meal with his family. The rooms are clean, well decorated, and inviting. Location is great, and his father makes the best Chai that we had in India. This is a place, and a family that is definitely worth your stay!