About This Listing
We have a terrific Monterey location just blocks above Cannery Row, centrally located between Pacific Grove and downtown Monterey. This private no smoking apartment includes a bedroom with a queen bed, living room with two love seats, bathroom with both a tub and shower and an additional small dining nook with a table, 2 chairs, microwave and refrigerator, but no sink. This apartment unit is in the front of our home and guests have their own private entrance, patio furniture with fountain. Double locked doors with sound proofing separate the private guest unit from the rest of our home. Our rates are for 2 people only. We look forward to sharing our private guest apartment with you!
We are an artistic and friendly couple with quiet dogs.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ TWO NIGHT STAY INCLUDES 2 AQUARIUM PASSES THAT CAN BE USED EACH DAY (80.00 value each day used).
1) Our 2 member Aquarium guest passes allow you to enter the "Member's Only" side entrance which help avoid the long weekend lines at the main public entrance.
2) Show our guest pass at the Aquarium gift shop when you purchase items and receive a 10% discount.
3) Guest apt is not recommended for children & is not child proofed.
4. We provide a individual beverage maker for coffee and assorted teas.
5) Fully stocked bathroom - hair dryer, shampoo & conditioner, soap, fresh towels.
6) iron/ironing board
7) Flat screen TV with premium cable channels.
8) High speed Wi-Fi Internet
9) The unit has it's own thermostat, so guests can control the temperature.
10) Street parking in front of the unit, so you have to option to avoid paying for costly city parking.
11) Local restaurant recommendation list with maps and plenty of local attraction information.
GREAT WALKING LOCATION TO MANY OF THE BEST LOCAL TOURIST ATTRACTIONS - EASY DOWN HILL WALK AND HEALTHY STEEP UP HILL WALK BACK TO THE APARTMENT:
* Monterey Bay Aquarium, famous Cannery Row and Fisherman's Wharf are all within a 15 minute walk.
* The city's recreation trail, for scenic walks along the water to Pacific Grove, Wharfs and downtown Monterey, is just 6 blocks down the hill.
* Adventures By The Sea is located along the recreation trail: here you can rent bikes, kayaks or surf boards.
* Walk 4 blocks down hill to Lighthouse Avenue, filled with local restaurants, bars and shopping.
* The beach, scuba park & Coast Guard pier are all 7 blocks away.
* Public transportation bus stops are just 4 blocks away along Lighthouse Avenue.
* FREE TROLLY RIDES during the summer from Memorial Day through Labor Day, our city provides free public trolly buses that connect many of the tourist attractions throughout Monterey and Pacific Grove. Two of the trolly stops are located within just a 10 minute walk from our apartment.
Our city garbage, lawn and recycle services are early Monday morning.
Private front patio garden with fountain, table and chairs. This garden leads to your guest unit.
Interaction with Guests
Based on the needs of our guests.
Our neighborhood is centrally located between downtown Monterey and Pacific Grove and is walking distance to Cannery Row and the famous Monterey Bay Aquarium. Our neighborhood is close to everything and we have small park just 1 short block away.
Bus stops are located along Lighthouse Avenue just a few short blocks down the hill from our Guest Apartment.
No smoking in the apartment or on the property. There is a public park just 1 block away.
Had a great stay in Matt and Jim's guest apartment. All the amenities we could wish for and the location is spot on.
Complimentary passes for the aquarium is a nice touch (saved us $80!). Definitely would recommend a visit to Monterey and a stay at Matt and Jim's apartment.
When we walked up and saw a hummingbird in the fountain out front we knew we chose a good place.
From the right amount of communication (via text) and the notes around the house we could tell that the owners are professional and courteous.
The location is a great jumping off point to see all of Monterey/Carmel as it is a quick downhill walk to Cannery Row and a cheap uber everywhere else.
The apartment was positively perfect. Lovely outside and beautifully decorated. Jim and Matt have made the place so comfortable for guests. We could have stayed forever.
When we arrived Jim showed us around our magnificent guesthouse. The photos are good, but their place is even better. Immaculate, homey and super comfortable.
Not a thing is missing to make us know we found the right place. Lots of towels, coffee, tea and snacks. We even found a pair of binoculars. Should we return to The Monterey area, we will stay here.
On Mother's day Matt surprised me with flowers and scones.
Absolute perfect place for our race-cation get-away. It felt like our own little apartment versus coming back to a space constrained hotel room. The location is superb, offering a nice and quiet neighbourhood with a very short walk to Canary Row and just a bit farther to the Wharf. Jim and Matt were fantastic, providing great tips for local places, stocking the apartment with everything you would need and more, and excellent communication prior to our arrival. We couldn't have hoped for a better stay!
Jim and Matt were fantastic hosts. My wife and I came down to Monterey for the weekend for her birthday and it could not have been more perfect. The place was very comfortable and clean. They had waters for us on arrival and a great selection of coffee from the Kurig in the mornings. We went to the aquarium with the passes, and that could not have worked out more seamlessly. I would absolutely stay with them again.
Really enjoyed our 2 night stay at Jim's place in Monterey. It is conveniently located close to some great restaurants and a short walk to the seafront and beach. The house was very clean and comfortable and wifi was excellent. Bathroom was very spacious and light. Superb.
About the Host, Jim/Matt
We are both artists & teachers who enjoy sharing our love of art. Both of us like traveling and meeting people of different cultures. We look forward to helping you enjoy the beauty of the historic Monterey Peninsula and surrounding areas.
Great shopping, restaurants and bars an easy 15 minute walk.
World class Aquarium an easy 15 minute walk away.
Near the entrance of Fisherman's Wharf there are several historical museums and small parks in this area and the Museum of Monterey. (about a 20 minute walk from the apartment).
Great place to eat or catch a whale watching boat and it's an easy 20 minute.
Spectacular walk on the recreation trail from the Aquarium along the coastline to Lover's Point park/beach.