We have a terrific Monterey location just blocks above Cannery Row, centrally located between Pacific Grove and downtown Monterey. This private no smoking apartment includes a bedroom with a queen bed, living room with two love seats, bathroom with both a tub and shower and an additional small dining nook with a table, 2 chairs, microwave and refrigerator, but no sink. This apartment unit is in the front of our home and guests have their own private entrance, patio furniture with fountain. Double locked doors with sound proofing separate the private guest unit from the rest of our home. Our rates are for 2 people only. We look forward to sharing our private guest apartment with you!
We are an artistic and friendly couple with quiet dogs.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ TWO NIGHT STAY INCLUDES 2 AQUARIUM PASSES THAT CAN BE USED EACH DAY (80.00 value each day used).
1) Our 2 member Aquarium guest passes allow you to enter the "Member's Only" side entrance which help avoid the long weekend lines at the main public entrance.
2) Show our guest pass at the Aquarium gift shop when you purchase items and receive a 10% discount.
3) Garden patio with table and chairs.
4. We provide dark French roast coffee with a pour over brewing cone and assorted teas - please bring your preferred creamer.
5) Additional sheets and blankets for the sofa bed in living room.
6) Fully stocked bathroom - hair dryer, shampoo & conditioner, soap, fresh towels.
7) iron/ironing board
8) Flat screen TV with premium cable channels.
9) High speed Wi-Fi Internet
10) The unit has it's own thermostat, so guests can control the temperature.
11) Street parking in front of the unit, so you have to option to avoid paying for costly city parking.
12) Local restaurant recommendation list with maps and plenty of local attraction information.
GREAT WALKING LOCATION TO MANY OF THE BEST LOCAL TOURIST ATTRACTIONS - EASY DOWN HILL WALK AND HEALTHY STEEP UP HILL WALK BACK TO THE APARTMENT:
* Monterey Bay Aquarium, famous Cannery Row and Fisherman's Wharf are all within a 15 minute walk.
* The city's recreation trail, for scenic walks along the water to Pacific Grove, Wharfs and downtown Monterey, is just 6 blocks down the hill.
* Adventures By The Sea is located along the recreation trail: here you can rent bikes, kayaks or surf boards.
* Walk 4 blocks down hill to Lighthouse Avenue, filled with local restaurants, bars and shopping.
* The beach, scuba park & Coast Guard pier are all 7 blocks away.
* Public transportation bus stops are just 4 blocks away along Lighthouse Avenue.
* FREE TROLLY RIDES during the summer from Memorial Day through Labor Day, our city provides free public trolly buses that connect many of the tourist attractions throughout Monterey and Pacific Grove. Two of the trolly stops are located within just a 10 minute walk from our apartment.
Our city garbage, lawn and recycle services are early Monday morning.
Private front patio garden with fountain, table and chairs. This garden leads to your guest unit.
Interaction with Guests
Based on the needs of our guests.
Our neighborhood is centrally located between downtown Monterey and Pacific Grove and is walking distance to Cannery Row and the famous Monterey Bay Aquarium. Our neighborhood is close to everything and we have small park just 1 short block away.
Bus stops are located along Lighthouse Avenue just a few short blocks down the hill from our Guest Apartment.
No smoking in the apartment or on the property. There is a public park just 1 block away.
Jim and Matt have an amazing place. Their house is beautiful, clean and comfortable with a veiw of the bay from the bedroom window. It's an easy walk down to the Monterey Bay Aquarium and Canary Row. We'll definitely stay again when we come back to Monterey.
This apartment was lovely, comfortable and conveniently located. Jim and Matt were terrific hosts who responded to my inquiries quickly and generously.
We had a great weekend staying at Jim & Matt's guest apartment. Everything was just as described. The apartment was comfortable, spacious, and walking distance from Cannery Row. The included aquarium guest passes, coffee, tea, and snacks were a nice touch! Thanks for having us, we'll see you again next time we're looking to stay in Monterey.
My fiance and I decided to get away for the weekend in Monterey and decided to stay here. The communication between the host was excellent the entire time and was helpful in recommending restaurants for my fiance's birthday.
Upon arrival, Jim was there to meet and show us around. He made us feel right at home. The accommodations were very nice and clean, extremely comfortable. It was just like staying in a large suite. There was no kitchen, however they do have a nice refrigerator, water pot for making coffee/tea (they even included ground coffee and assorted tea bags), and a microwave. They also included passes to the Aquarium which was a nice bonus!! There was a flat screen television and all the movie channels were included along with wifi. The bed was comfortable and the heater was very efficient.
The neighborhood was very quiet and only a short walk from Cannery Row. We loved being able to walk to many attractions, bars, and restaurants. The hosts had plenty of information about the area for our use which was very helpful.
We would recommend staying here! We will definitely be staying here again in the future.
Thank you to Jim and Matt for a perfect weekend getaway.
We had a great time and would definitely recommend
Jim and Matt's communication was awesome from the very beginning. The House is fantastic. It was more than we expected. It's like staying in our own house. Several beautiful artworks on the wall and the whole place was spotless. It has a fully loaded cable TV and WIFI. The property is only a few blocks to Cannery Row. The bed is firm and warm. They had several information for us to enjoy the city and even had restaurant recommendations. We ate at Rosine's by the way and it was fantastic. We would definitely recommend this property to others and I want to schedule another trip with my kids to this propery.
This place was wonderful. The cozy guest house made you feel so comfortable like if you were in your own home. Art work inside was beautiful, each painting had special touches.
We had a marvelous time in Jim/Matt appartement. It's a perfect place to visit Monterey, just a few minutes from Cannery road, fisherman wharf and the Aquarium.
The appartement is very well equiped, everything you need is present.
If we ever return to Monterey, we will certainly rebook their appartement.
We are both artists & teachers who enjoy sharing our love of art. Both of us like traveling and meeting people of different cultures. We look forward to helping you enjoy the beauty of the historic Monterey Peninsula and surrounding areas.