About this listing
Labour Day last Summer dates available at Shale Beach House!!!
An executive four season home in a park like setting, within meters of the sparkling waters of Georgian Bay and within minutes of the bustling Village at Blue Mountain.
Brand new 3 story vacation home with 4/5 bedrooms and 3 washrooms located on Georgian Bay and backing onto the Georgian recreational trail, within 5 minutes of the Village at Blue Mountain (Please see (URL HIDDEN) for more photos).
Two separate living room areas and kitchens plus main floor private bedroom allow for two families co-inhabiting to have private quarters.
The finishes in this home are top notch. Hardwood, travertine, and slate flooring throughout and gorgeous cherry trim accent this luxurious home.
Double air tub in Master bathroom with garden view picture window and second air tub in main floor washroom. All three washrooms with heated floors.
Stunning views of the sparkling waters of Georgian Bay from balconies and bedroom windows. Three bedrooms open onto balconies with fantastic sight-lines of the surrounding natural beauty. Backyard is equipped with a hot tub and children's jungle gym in a forested park-like setting with a stream running through the property into Georgian Bay.
The area has an unique small-town charm and many distinguished amenities giving the area the slogan "Recreation at its Peak." Special events, recreational activities, spectacular scenery, fine dining, and beaches make your stay one to remember.
Waterfront: Across the street from sun drenched Shale beach on Georgian Bay.
Heating: Forced air gas furnace as well as two gas fireplaces and fully air conditioned in summer months.
Guests allowed: Yes. For day visits only. Must notify owner prior to rental period.
Gourmet kitchen equipped with stainless appliances and granite counter tops, including Gas Range and separate beverage cooler. A second utility kitchen in second level entertainment room. Full laundry facilities.
Theater room with large, high definition screen and surround sound system. High speed wireless internet service.
Hot Tub and Gas barbecue on outdoor patio.
Gas fireplaces in first and second floor living areas. Fully air-conditioned for summer months.
Kids Recreational area on third level with Wii console and including kids library and reading area.
Recreational opportunities include the shale beach across the street for sun tanning, swimming and canoeing activities. The backyard is equipped with a large playground including a fort for the children. Located behind the property is the Georgian Recreational Trail which affords cross country skiing, cycling, running and walking opportunities. As well, there are many excellent golf courses within minutes of the dwelling.
Guests are afforded easy access via coded doorway for anytime check-in.
Interaction with Guests
Property Manager close by for any concerns.
The Bay and the Mountain make for a truly bustling 4 season environment.
Guidebook for Shale Beach House on Georgian Bay (see map at end of listing for the locations of places featured below)
1.The Huron Club – 94 Pine Street – (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) (URL HIDDEN)
2.Azzurra Trattoria – 100 Pine Street – (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) (URL HIDDEN)
3.Burnello At 27 on Fourth – 27 Fourth St. E. – (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) (URL HIDDEN)
4.The Alphorn Restaurant – 11476 Hwy. 26 – (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) (URL HIDDEN)
Blue Mountain Resort
108 Jozo Weider Boulevard
Blue Mountains, ON L9Y 3Z2
The Village is an all season resort full of activities for the entire family and with many and varied restaurants in which to eat.
1.Oliver & Bonacini Café & Grill – 220 Mountain Dr. – (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) (URL HIDDEN)
2.Tholos Restaurant – 170 Jozo Weider Blvd. – (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) (URL HIDDEN)
3.Firehall Pizza Co. – 162 Jozo Weider Blvd. – (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) (URL HIDDEN)
4.Copper Blues – 156 Jozo Weider Blvd. – (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) (URL HIDDEN)
5.C&A Steak Company – 166 Jozo Weider Blvd. – (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) (URL HIDDEN)
1. The Dornoch Tap & Grill – 4203 County Rd. #124 – (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) (URL HIDDEN)
1.The Mill Café – 12 Bridge St. – (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) – (URL HIDDEN)
2.Sisi on Main – 27 Bruce St. S. – (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) – (URL HIDDEN)
3.The Dam Pub – 53 Bruce St. S. – (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) – (URL HIDDEN)
4.Bruce Wine Bar – 8 Bruce St. S. – (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) – (URL HIDDEN)
Blue Mountains, ON N0H
Spectacular views from cliffs and great hiking.
The Scenic caves is another attraction 5 minutes by car, where they have a suspension bridge, tree-top canopy walk and zip lines as well as caves to explore. (URL HIDDEN)
Craigleith Heritage Depot-
The Craigleith Heritage Depot, located at 113 Lakeshore Rd. E., at the Corner of Hwy 26 East and Grey Road 19, is the Community Interpretation Centre for The Blue Mountains.
The Craigleith Heritage Depot Community Interpretation Centre will highlight the Town of The Blue Mountains’ unique cultural, natural and industrial history. This year round facility will have a multigenerational appeal, serving both locals and visitors to the area. ‘The Depot’ will conscientiously collect, curate, research, protect, exhibit and interpret a wide range of objects and archival materials, relating to the history of the Town of The Blue Mountains, for the continued enjoyment and enrichment of the public. By engaging all sectors of the community in our activities, services and programs, The Depot will be a key partner in community development.
Hours of Operation
Saturday's 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Adults - $3.00
Children (ages 5+) and Seniors- $2.00
Family - $6.00
Children Under 5- Free
A Blue Flag sand beach with boat rentals, great swimming and a picnic area 1.6 km east of the home (across road from Heritage Depot).
Georgian Trail -
The Georgian trail is a 39 km hard packed trail for running and cycling that travels from Meaford to Collingwood and passes just behind Shale Beach House.
Arts and Entertainment
Le Scandinave Spa Blue Mountain
152 Grey Road 21
Blue Mountain, ON L9Y 0K8
Ahhh, relax in the baths or have a massage. Take some personal time and indulge yourself.
Blue Mountains, ON
Thornbury is a town with charm and history. Visit the art galleries, pubs and restaurant.
Other Things to Note
Vacation Rental Agreement / Renter’s Code of Conduct
Landlord: Carolyn and Colleen Madonia
Premises:Shale Beach House
209448 King’s Highway
Town of Blue Mountains, Ontario
(905) 477 -3240
Linen and Cleaning:
Security/ Damage deposit: Airbnb Held
Tenant Covenants and Agreements:
1. Subletting. The tenant agrees to not sublet or lease the premises or any of its contents to any other parties during the duration of their rental without the written consent of the Landlord.
2. Access. The tenant agrees to permit the Landlord to enter the premises at reasonable hours with prior notice to examine the premises or any of its contents for any reason and to make any necessary repairs if so required.
3. Damages. The tenant agrees to be responsible for any and all damages to the premises and its contents resulting from negligence or carelessness during the term of their rental. The tenant also agrees to make no alterations to the premises or any of its contents without the written consent of the Landlord.
4. Occupancy. The maximum occupancy of the premises is (agreed number varies by rental to a maximum of 8) people. Any additional guests require written consent of the Landlord. A MAXIMUM OF 3 CARS ARE ALLOWED ON PROPERTY AT ANY TIME DURING THE DURATION OF THE RENTAL PERIOD.
5. Cleanliness. The tenant agrees to leave the premises in neat and tidy condition upon departure. Unless client has agreed to pay cleaning fee or it is included in their rate as detailed above, they are required to fully clean the dwelling, leaving in the same state as it was given them. Otherwise, it will be professionally cleaned at their expense.
6. Smoking. No smoking is permitted in the cottage. If smoking is engaged upon out of doors, the tenant is expected to dispose of cigarette butts responsibly. A cigarette butt receptacle has been provided on the backyard patio.
Tenant Initial ____(URL HIDDEN)Page 1/3
7. Pets. No pets are permitted on the premises.
8. Telephone charges. The tenant may use home phone for local calls but will be responsible for any long distance telephone charges during the duration of their rental, and these charges will be deducted from their security deposit. All tenants are encouraged to use calling cards or their own cellular phones.
9. Rental and security deposit. The tenant will provide Airbnb the total of agreed rental fee and the $750 security deposit upon booking.
10. Cancellations. There are no cancellations within 30 days of rental date. Reimbursement of any rental or security fee, due to cancellation prior to 30 days of rental period, will be subject to a 10% cancellation fee of the full booking charge, with the balance refunded based on the ability of the Landlord and/or the Tenant to rent the premises during the agreed upon period or a portion thereof. All cancellations must be submitted in writing to landlord.
11. Garbage and Recycling. Must be sorted according to instructions in house manual and put in bin provided by street otherwise $75.00 charge will apply.
12. Noise. According to the Town Of Blue Mountains noise By-law No. 2002-09 which is in effect 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, “renters and their guests are not allowed to disturb neighbors or interfere with the enjoyment of their properties or the public realm, any time of day or night. Failure to comply with the conditions of the town’s Noise By-law may result in the notification of the Ontario Provincial Police, who may upon attendance issue a Notice of Offence which carries with it a fine, upon conviction, of $615.00 for a first offence.”
Any violation of these covenants or agreements shall result in a breach of this agreement and the Tenant agrees to immediately vacate the premises and forfeit all rental and security fees to the Landlord.
Tenant Initial ______(URL HIDDEN)Page 2/3
Landlord Covenants and Agreements
13. Staples and consumables. The landlord agrees to provide the premises will basic food staples available for the Tenants use during their stay. All staples are to be replaced if used.
14. Cleanliness. The Landlord agrees to have the premises and its content clean and tidy for occupancy at the beginning of the Tenants stay. The Landlord also agrees to allow the Tenant to, upon payment of all rental and security fees, and upon performing the covenants and agreements outlined above, to quietly enjoy the premises for the duration of their stay. If the tenant is not satisfied with the cleanliness of the premises upon arrival, the Tenant will notify the Landlord within 24 hours so that cleaning arrangements can be made. The tenant is also responsible for removing all garbage and recycling from the premises on departure.
15. Maintenance. The landlord agrees to have all utilities (water, electrical) within the premises in working order prior to occupancy by the Tenant. If in the event that any service requires immediate attention during the Tenants stay, the Landlord shall be contacted immediately. An emergency contact number will be provided by the Landlord to the Tenants prior to their stay.
16. Utilities. The landlord agrees to pay all charges for the utilities for the duration of the Tenants rental. Tenants must be sensitive to the significantly higher cost of electricity in rural Ontario
17. Parking. The maximum number of vehicles to be parked on the property is 3.
18. Security Deposit. The security deposit may be used by the Landlord at the time the premises are vacated by the Tenant, on account of breach of any covenant, or towards reimbursement of the cost of repairing any intentional or negligent damages to the premises or its contents, beyond that of normal wear and tear. Any damages or claims will not be limited to the amount of the security deposit. If no breaches of covenants or negligent damages to the premises or contents are found by the Landlord when the premises are vacated, the Security deposit will be reimbursed in full (see Section 9 for amount of Security deposit to be repaid), within 10 days of vacating the premises.
19. Personal injury. The Landlord will not be responsible for any personal injury or loss, however caused, which shall be sustained by the Tenant and their family or guests. All such risks shall be the sole responsibility of the Tenant.
Date: Month(URL HIDDEN)Day(URL HIDDEN)2015
Landlord __________________________ Tenant__________________________(URL HIDDEN)
Phil and Colleen are business professionals who have developed the Shale Beach House as a refuge for themselves, as well as other travellers, who enjoy active living in an area that has loads of things to do.