About this listing
Very private "real" log cabin on 24 acre mountain top shared with 4 other cabins. Sit on the covered porch with a view of the "Great Smoky Mountains National Park" in front of you. We are 18 min. from Cades Cove and 3 1/2 miles from the entrance to the park.
The cabin is fully furnished with everything you will need for a few days or a few weeks. It has a master bedroom on the main level as well as a full kitchen, living room with a large stone fireplace and the bathroom. The upper level is the 2nd bedroom loft with 2 full size beds. We have a large covered front porch as well as a large rear deck with a charcoal grill and hot tub.
The "Little River" is less than 1 mile away and is well know for it's trout fishing, swimming and tubing activities. Also, there is a golf course, horseback ridding and several great places to eat close by.
The cabin is located on "The Quite side of the Smokies" in Townsend, Tennessee, yet is only a short drive to the shopping areas of Pigeon Forge, Dollywood and Gatlinburg.
About a week before arrival you will receive an electronic key code for use during your stay.
Interaction with Guests
Phone or email, I live 2 hours away from the property
Secluded country setting with mountain views.
Private transportation required
Other Things to Note
We strongly suggest chains or 4-wheel drive during the winter months. We do not refund due to weather, road conditions, power outages or other acts beyond or control.
1. Must be 25 years old to rent
2. Must follow checkout rules to avoid further charges
3. You will hold the owners harmless for injury or damages to you, your belongings or your invited guest.
4. Do not place anything heavy on the hot tub cover, a new one will cost $350
5. Do not flush anything except toilet paper down the toilet
6. The cabin is on well water and at times has the smell of rotten eggs (sulf
7. Check in is 3 PM, checkout is 11AM. Due to recent problems with guest not checking out on time and cleaning crews having to return latter or causing incoming guest to wait and check in late, we will impose a $50/hour fee for late checkouts without prior approval. I hate to do this but, the cleaners have many cabins to clean and may not be able to get back the same day causing me to have to refund money to incoming guest, pay for extra trips to cleaners and overtime.
8. The property is provided in "AS IS" condition. Owner shall use his best efforts to insure the operation of all amenities in the property, such as TV access, hot tub, fireplace ,ect. as applicable. Owner shall not be held responsible for such items failure to work, but will make every effort to correct any issues as reported as quickly as possible.
9. Free internet with 1G/day, extra gigs @ $10/gig. Please do not download movies or watch live programing, This gets expensive.