About This Listing
Very private "real" log cabin on 24 acre mountain top shared with 4 other cabins. Sit on the covered porch with a view of the "Great Smoky Mountains National Park" in front of you. We are 18 min. from Cades Cove and 3 1/2 miles from the entrance to the park.
The cabin is fully furnished with everything you will need for a few days or a few weeks. It has a master bedroom on the main level as well as a full kitchen, living room with a large stone fireplace and the bathroom. The upper level is the 2nd bedroom loft with 2 full size beds. We have a large covered front porch as well as a large rear deck with a charcoal grill and hot tub.
The "Little River" is less than 1 mile away and is well know for it's trout fishing, swimming and tubing activities. Also, there is a golf course, horseback ridding and several great places to eat close by.
The cabin is located on "The Quite side of the Smokies" in Townsend, Tennessee, yet is only a short drive to the shopping areas of Pigeon Forge, Dollywood and Gatlinburg.
About a week before arrival you will receive an electronic key code for use during your stay.
Interaction with Guests
Phone or email, I live 2 hours away from the property
Secluded country setting with mountain views.
Private transportation required
Other Things to Note
We strongly suggest chains or 4-wheel drive during the winter months. We do not refund due to weather, road conditions, power outages or other acts beyond or control.
1. Must be 25 years old to rent
2. Must follow checkout rules to avoid further charges
3. You will hold the owners harmless for injury or damages to you, your belongings or your invited guest.
4. Do not place anything heavy on the hot tub cover, a new one will cost $350
5. Do not flush anything except toilet paper down the toilet
6. The cabin is on well water and at times has the smell of rotten eggs (sulf
7. Check in is 3 PM, checkout is 11AM. Due to recent problems with guest not checking out on time and cleaning crews having to return latter or causing incoming guest to wait and check in late, we will impose a $50/hour fee for late checkouts without prior approval. I hate to do this but, the cleaners have many cabins to clean and may not be able to get back the same day causing me to have to refund money to incoming guest, pay for extra trips to cleaners and overtime.
8. The property is provided in "AS IS" condition. Owner shall use his best efforts to insure the operation of all amenities in the property, such as TV access, hot tub, fireplace ,ect. as applicable. Owner shall not be held responsible for such items failure to work, but will make every effort to correct any issues as reported as quickly as possible.
9. Free internet with 1G/day, extra gigs @ $10/gig. Please do not download movies or watch live programing, This gets expensive.
Tommy was receptive, open, and helpful to questions regarding our visit to Townsend.
The cabin was just as it looked it the photographs; comfortable and welcoming. It was a rainy weekend with some breaks and we were able to sit on the covered front porch and watch the weather move about Rich Mountain. It was great; we would certainly return to this haven!
We had a very nice time at the "real log cabin." It was spacious and had a well stocked kitchen. It was a nice quiet space after the hustle and bustle of Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge. The view was beautiful and we could not have asked for better weather during our week! Will definitely come back to the smokey mountains in the future. Our only negative was that the hot tub did t heat up and was dirty so we didn't get to use it.
Tommy was helpful, provided us with what we needed when it was needed.
The cabin has a great view, and had everything we needed to cookout or cook/ make meals.
You should know that it is directly up the hill above the hwy you take into town, so there is some road noise until about 9pm. Still it is secluded, and yet convenient to Cades Cove, the Caverns, and above all Not in Gatlinburg or Pigeon Forge with all the traffic there!
My husband and I and another couple stayed four nights in the Real Log Cabin. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The view from the front porch is awesome. The cabin is well-equipped with everything we needed to cook our own meals the whole time. The upstairs loft, where my husband and I slept, is quite private, and when the other couple would get up early and make breakfast in the kitchen, we could not hear them. The cabin is roomy enough so four people have plenty of room to relax and spread out. The real bonus for us was the close proximity of the cabin to the Townsend entrance of the Smoky Mountain National Park, where we hiked for the four days we stayed in the cabin...wildflowers carpeted the trails!
About the Host, Tommy
Semi-retired auto dealer. We have owned this cabin for 13 years and have been coming to this area for over 50 years. Townsend, Tennessee is the last un-spoiled gateway to The Great Smoky Mountains National Park. The Townsend area is still an uncrowded, quiet small town with great people and mom & pop eateries and businesses.
Great apple pies and sandwichesApple Valley Way Townsend TN 37882
Good FoodCountry Club Dr Townsend TN 37882
IGA Food StoreOld State Highway 73 Townsend TN 37882
Great home cooking at a reasonable price. Homemade desserts, meat and three.E Lamar Alexander Pkwy Townsend TN 37882
Great cave toursCavern Road Townsend TN 37882-4505
Good foodDepot Ave Townsend TN 37882
Good steak and troutE Lamar Alexander Pkwy Townsend TN 37882
For all your fishing needs including guides and information.Town Square Dr Townsend TN 37882
coolers ,ectE Lamar Alexander Pkwy Townsend TN 37882
Very good serviceWears Valley Rd Townsend TN 37882
Beautiful pull over areasFoothills Pkwy Townsend TN 37882
Tubing on the river just a short drive from the cabinTownsend TN 37882
Great breakfast and burgersState Highway 73 Townsend TN 37882
Do not miss thisCades Cove Loop Rd Townsend TN 37882
One of the best restauants in the Knoxville area. Reservations required.S Washington St Maryville TN 37804
Very good food in an old JC Penney store in downtown MaryvilleW Broadway Ave Maryville TN 37801
Excellent food in 50s Dinner atmosphereHannum St Alcoa TN 37701
Outlet Capital of the EastPigeon Forge TN
Excellent steaks and sea food. Crab cakes are ****.Parkway Gatlinburg TN 37738
Tourist MeccaGatlinburg TN 37738
Great parkDollywood Parks Blvd Pigeon Forge TN 37863
Hike to the tower for great viewsNC 28713
Make your donations here, Great CasinoCasino Drive Cherokee NC 28719