About This Listing
Private room in basement. Private entrance. Gorgeous bathroom. Wonderful garden. 5 minutes by train to city center.
CENTRALLY LOCATED you will find this wonderful house close to everything. We are renting out a room in the basement.
SIMPLE YET FUNCTIONAL room at our house which with its lovely garden is quite an oaisis in the city. The room has a nice and comfy fold out futon double bed. Kitchenette: refrigerator, microwave and a kettle etc. Free wi-fi. Free Coffee and Tea.
BRAND NEW bathroom (also in the basement). We provide linen and towels for our guests.
ENJOY your self made breakfast in our lovely garden or we highly recommend the local coffee shop that serves wonderful coffees, teas, chais, homemade buns, cakes, eggs etc. A tiny and truly authentic place: Snabel B
VERY CHARMING area. The house is just 5 minutes from Copenhagen center by train or car.
FLEXIBLE CHECK IN / CHECK OUT when possible. Due to quite a few back to back bookings we have had to change our check in / check out terms... BUT ASK if you have special request - we might be able to work something out :-) Our preference is to flexible.
* Christiania * Tivoli * Royal Palace * Christiansborg Castle * high end shopping in København K (Strøget is the longest pedestrian zone in the World) * Museum of modern Art * The Royal Theatre * The Opera * meatpacking area, with all its restaurants, bars and clubs in Vesterbro * The Zoo (right here in Valby) * hip and multiculturel Nørrebro *
The nearest train station (Valby Station) is located 2 minutes (300 meters) away. It takes 6 minutes by S-train to get the Copenhagen Central Station (4 minutes by the regional train)
Valby is a really nice part of Copenhagen with nearby parks, lots of cafés, a nice shopping mall and different shops. Copenhagen Zoo with its brand new Arctic Ring is very near by as well as the Carlsberg Museum.
HOW TO GET HERE
There is free parking just outside the house and it is very easy to go by train from the airport. Otherwise a taxi costs 42 dollars or 33 Euro from the airport. Also: once you have book, a detailed description on how to get here by train is listed in the feature 'print confirmation'
Thomas has lived in Copenhagen all of his life. We really love the city and would love to tell you where to go, places to eat, where to run, swim etc. so please feel free to ask for any advice you may need.
You can contact us any time. We are happy to help :-) we will get back to you as soon as possible
Getting around from where we live is very easy. Trains and busses very near by. As of June 1st it will be possible to rent bicycles of us at a very nice price
Interaction with Guests
Feel free to contact us anytime. Knock and see if we are in. Or send us a message via the airbnb site og text us. We are happy to help
Have fun - be nice - we are :-)
No smoking inside
* Be adventurous. Explore, live on the edge a little, and embrace new challenges. Visit new places with your loved ones. Take the road less traveled. Don’t stick to the same old, same old. Life is more exciting with adventure!
* Do it. Live each day as if it's your last and overall just do it! Like they say Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is a mystery but today is a gift, that’s why it’s called the present. Life presents us with a lifetime of opportunities but the opportunity of a lifetime is got when right choices are followed. Be present to enjoy the moment. Each day is a fresh start with options just waiting to be explored, so what are you waiting for?
* Accept everyone. Be kind and courteous. Enjoy the company of others. Acknowledge their goodness rather than the differences in their beliefs. Do not judge others. Treat others as you would like to be treated.
* Find purpose in life. Find something that gives your life meaning, be it being a great friend, sibling, parent, grandparent, teacher, neighbor, etc. Once you have found something to live for, you’ll live better. If it's not your relationships as a central purpose, maybe it's your occupation or something that you do outside work that makes a difference to others. The meaning of your life is something you decide. Set goals and move toward them in small reasonable steps.
* Give back. Be selfless in service to others. Begin with your neighbor. Do charitable service outside of your immediate community as well. Giving back will not only make you better as a person, it will help others.
* Be positive. Focus on good thoughts and good things will happen. Don’t be too hard on yourself. Beating yourself up won’t help anything. Be positive. Say, think, and do positive things. Always look on the sunny side of life. Remember that the glass isn’t half empty, it’s half full.
* Listen to your heart and soul. Listen for advice, but be confident in making your own decision. Use your instinct. Don’t let others tell you what to do.
* Be carefree. Desires, obsessions and possessions possess you. Free yourself from your impulses. Make an active decision to have simple daily needs.
* Laugh. Laughter is the best medicine. It releases endorphins and promotes longevity. Inner joy is beautiful!
* Be flexible. Accept change as a positive thing in life. At times, go with the flow that is before you.
Appreciate the little things. Take a walk around your community to experience the wonder in a way that you have never experienced it before. Pretend that you are from a different country and you’re here for the first time. Go out with your family and take time to appreciate them. Take it all in and find the beauty it - it’s all around you, just open up your eyes and look!
* Forgive yourself and others. Release your negative energy that holds you back, your past failures, embrace whatever life offers you.
* Be honest with yourself and others, especially with yourself. Dishonesty can lead to denial as you start to believe your own story, with that comes a curdling hidden stress that saps away energy and happiness. Self-acceptance is important, self-honesty with others keeps life simpler and makes it easier to avoid the people who just categorically don't like you for your views or some other thing about you. It builds trust when you're honest with others. It builds confidence when you're honest with yourself.
* Be YOU. Have the courage to be yourself. Don’t be shy! You are who you are! Even if society doesn’t like it, you are you, so forget what others think and live your life! Do what you want, because life is what you make it, and your life is yours! Nobody else is going to live your life, so it’s up to you!
* Follow your dreams. Make a list of everything you’ve ever dreamed of doing and then make it happen. Dreams aren’t achieved by sitting around and waiting. They’re achieved by getting up and working for them! Work hard and make your dreams a reality! Work hard and play harder! You can always fulfill your dreams. If you really want something, find a way to achieve it!
* Accept yourself. Don’t judge yourself. This is the very first step you must take if you really want to live your life to the fullest. Why? Because if you’re judging yourself, or making part of you wrong, you’ll limit yourself. And if you limit yourself you can’t live life to the fullest.
* Be happy. This sounds over-simplistic, but happiness is always a choice. Suffering NEVER comes from your external conditions. Suffering always comes from the meaning you give things. Just be aware that unhappiness only comes from your own thoughts. Be aware of this and you’ll spend much more time enjoying life and living life to the fullest.
From Jul 2 - Aug 8, 2015 the minimum stay is 4 nights.
"We would really like to thank Mollie and Thomas for making our stay at Copenhagen such a pleasant one. They are brilliant hosts - which can be observed not only through the wonderful bedroom and facilities (exactly as shown in the photos), but also through the helpful guiding maps they have placed on the table. The accommodation is only minutes away from Valby Station, which only takes within half an hour to travel to the city centre. We would really recommend the accommodation, and would choose it again when we visit Copenhagen! :)"
Perfect base for a stay in Copenhagen. Lovely coniderate hosts, good facilities, pretty bedroom, amazing bathroom and all on an attractive street only a short walk from a few minute train ride to central station. It's also on a direct route to towns outside of the city eg for the Viking museum in the west and Hamlets castle in the north.
I had a very pleasant trip at their place. It feel like home and everything was fine! They trust their host and the bedroom was even better than on the pictures!
Almost, the house is not really far from the center!
Mollie and Thinas were very helpful, providing lots of helpful travel info (going above and beyond to do so!)
The pictures don't do justice to how lovely the accommodation is inside with a comfortable bed, clean bedroom w lovely decor, fantastic new bathroom, some kitchen facilities; unfortunately the weather meant no outdoor meals like the picture/photo above.
I learnt that the suburban areas of Copenhagen are somewhat larger than they appear so although you can walk to the Carlsberg factory and then Vesterbro, they are good 20-30 min walks, compared to few mins only on S-bahn.
The accommodation is easy few minutes only walking distance from both the local S Bahn station and buses which easily link to the centre/airport so it's possible to get home/to airport any time of day/night! Trains were not that frequent at midnight tho'!
Highly recommend place- Copenhagen and Mollie and Thomas!
Great hosts, welcoming and really helpful with info on the city. Room was perfect for two people and in a great spot, right next to the station, just a few mins from the very centre of the city. Great spot!
Mollie og Thomas skæbe
meget hjemlige og afslappet (website hidden) er nemt at kommunikere med . Fint sted.
This host has 9 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Mollie & Thomas
Lokal supermarked open 08:00-22:00Vigerslev Allé VALBY Capital Region of Denmark 2500
Local Shopping center.Capital Region of Denmark 2500
Cafe where you can find a good spot in the sun.Valby Langgade Valby 2500
7-ELEVENToftegårds Allé Valby 2500
small cool cafeMølle Allé VALBY Capital Region of Denmark 2500
ATMToftegårds Allé Valby Hovedstaden 2500
Local China GrillToftegårds Allé 2500
US Burger PlaceGammel Jernbanevej Valby Hovedstaden 2500
Public Park Very nice running pad.Frederiksberg Hovedstaden 2000
Copenhagen ZOORoskildevej Frederiksberg Hovedstaden 2000
Carlsberg BreweryKøbenhavn V 1799