About this listing
The Salmon Lodge is a West Bend luxury 3 BR 3 Bath townhome in the Old Mill District. Walk everywhere! Close to Old Mill shopping, downtown, Mt Bachelor & Deschutes. Pet friendly. Mountain view from upstairs deck with attached bar. Sleeps 6 to 8.
West Bend Luxury 3 BR 3 Bath Townhome - The Bluffs neighborhood of the Old Mill District. Close to Downtown, Mt Bachelor & Deschutes. Pet friendly. Stunning mountain view from upstairs deck with attached bar. Two canoes and four sets snowshoes for your use.
Location: Bend, Central Oregon, Oregon - Bluffs neighborhood of the Old Mill District
Accommodations: Townhome, 3 Bedrooms, 3 Baths (Sleeps 6-9)
Summary: The Salmon Lodge is a 1,900 square-foot, luxury three-bedroom and three-bathroom townhome located in the Old Mill District on the trendy west side of Bend, Oregon. Positioned within easy walking distance of the Old Mill shopping and entertainment plaza (including shopping, restaurants, coffee, pubs and entertainment), the Lodge is also near to Riverbend Park on the Deschutes River. Close to the north, within easy biking distance, lies Bend’s fun and exciting downtown area.
Rates are competitive. Weekly and monthly rates are discounted.
Description: The Salmon Lodge has a striking open architecture in a modern but comfortable Northwest lodge style. The downstairs is dominated by a luxurious great room that includes a fully equipped gourmet kitchen with granite counters, breakfast bar and stainless appliances. The Northwest feel of the dining and living area is set by generous use of architectural rock and natural wood. Here the ceiling soars to the second floor rooftop, and big windows let in the year-round sun for which Bend is so famous. The gas fireplace is topped with a unique and artistic juniper mantle. A sky bridge leads above the great room to a small bar area and then outside to a second-floor exterior deck that offers stunning views of the Cascades, including the Sisters and other nearby volcanic summits. The home is kept comfortable year-round with gas heat and a gas fireplace in winter and air conditioning & four ceiling fans in summer.
Accommodations include three bedrooms, all with a dedicated full bath that is either in-suite or adjacent. The five beds include a king (in the luxury master suite), two queens in bedrooms, a queen sleeper sofa in the great room, and a twin futon bed in the loft for a total sleeping capacity of six to nine. A portable crib and baby gates for the top and bottom of the stairs are also provided. The luxurious four-piece master shower/bath includes a jetted Jacuzzi soaking tub. The bath and both showers include a deluxe dual showerhead system with handhelds.
Adjacent to the house is a modest fenced area with a patio, second outdoor table and gas grill. The fenced area is sufficient to serve as a dog run for smaller dogs. In addition, covered front porch on the first floor offers a great place to relax and watch the world go by. A two-car garage behind the Salmon Lodge is entered from a private alley.
The Salmon Lodge is ideally located for a perfect vacation, taking advantage of everything the Bend area has to offer. During the day enjoy the natural environment and stimulating outdoor pursuits for which Bend is famous, including skiing, mountain biking, fishing, hiking, kayaking, canoeing, rafting, horseback riding and golf – just to name a few. Then in the evenings take in the restaurants, entertainment and shopping that fill Bend’s Westside. Or just relax at the lodge and watch the sun set over the Cascades from the outdoor dining table on the upper deck as you quaff a beverage from the nearby bar. Evenings will be enhanced by the entertainment choices at the Lodge, including cable TV, Wifi Internet, and extensive collections of DVDs (including children’s), CDs, books and board games.
Are you visiting Bend to get some Winter sunshine? Designed by a Jen Weld executive, the Salmon Lodge has 33 glass windows and doors to let in the light!
Do you enjoy lakes and rivers? Two high quality Old Town canoes with wood bent-shaft paddles and a variety of PFDs are provided in season. Would you like to explore winter snow trails in the nearby Cascades? Four pairs of snowshoes are provided.
Dogs are welcome too!
Reserve soon for an adventure of a lifetime.
Guests have access the entire house, including garage, fenced side yard, outdoor patio with table, chairs and grill, upstairs deck with table and chairs (served by mini-bar inside), covered front porch with chairs (in season). Check in time is 3 p.m. or later, and check out time is 11 a.m. or earlier.
Interaction with guests
This is a vacation home -- the owners do not live on premises. Communication will be by email and phone. Emergency numbers for housekeeping and maintenance will be provided.
Guests will be asked to complete and sign a temporary occupancy contract and information form via the convenient online service HelloSign. The contract calls for a credit card number in case of damages or fees. A copy of the contract is available for preview upon request.
THE OLD MILL DISTRICT AND NEIGHBORHOOD IN BEND OREGON
Staying at our luxury townhome in the Old Mill District offers the opportunity to live in walking distance to fabulous shops, and a myriad of pubs, wineries, restaurants and art galleries, all set against the stunning backdrop of the Cascade Mountains and the Deschutes River.
The Old Mill, located just south of downtown Bend, is a 270-acre mixed use development that originally was the historic site of the Brooks-Scanlon Lumber Company, one of the largest mill operations in the world. The three-chimney powerhouse that once fueled the sawmill's belts and blades now houses REI. All that remains of the Shevlin-Hixon Mill farther up river is a well-manicured park surrounding a beach, and playground with a lumber theme including a water wheel, buzz saws, and logs.
Visualize living a few doors down from such restaurants as Anthony's, famous for their Northwest seafood and riverside dinning, or Flatbread Community Oven, serving pizza made with the freshest organic ingredients. Grab a latte at Strictly Organic, or enjoy a sugar-rimmed martini at Greg's Grill after an evening of shopping. The Old Mill is even more festive during the holidays, with tiny white lights on every tree and complimentary horse-drawn carriages rides.
There is always something going on in the Old Mill District. Balloons over Bend is an annual festival where hot air balloons float over the city and east towards the Cascades in a breathtaking display of patterns and colors. Throughout the summer, there are a wide variety of concerts at the Les Schwab Amphitheate ranging from pop to country to alternative. Bend Brew Fest is a beer lover's dream every August.
With beautifully manicured gardens in the summer months and immediate access to the River Trail that extends for miles along the Deschutes River, vacationing at the Old Mill allows for close proximity to downtown with all the amenities you need right out the front door.
The Old Mill and the Les Schwab Amphitheater are within easy walking distance. Bend's exciting and vibrant downtown is about a mile to the north, well within biking distance. The Mt. Bachelor Ski Resort is 22 miles away, about 29 minutes driving. Bend has a great local and regional bus service, Cascades East Transit, with nearby stops on Bond Street near the Old Mill and on 3rd Street (Business 97) at Wilson. Regional service extends to the Mt. Bachelor Ski Resort, Sisters, Redmond (including the airport), and Sunriver. In the summer you can float the Deschutes River through downtown and then shuttle back to your start using the Ride the River shuttle. Bus maps and schedules can be found at: . The Redmond Municipal Airport provides air transportation for the greater Bend area. Airline service is available through Alaska, American, Delta and United. The airport is 18 miles from the Salmon Lodge, about a 25 minute drive.
Other things to note
About the owner: The owners, Anne and Richard Penny, live in Edmonds, Washington with their two teenage daughters. We are both college or university educators. We enjoy the Northwest's culture and all the outdoor activities the region has to offer. We love going to Bend to enjoy the sun and to get outside when it is too rainy in the Puget Sound.
Why the Owner Chose Bend:
We chose the Salmon Lodge as our vacation property because it offers the best of both worlds. One the one hand it is located right in the heart of Bend's vibrant West Side, just walking distance from great restaurants, coffee bars, pubs, music, the Les Schwab Amphitheater and other entertainment. On the other hand, it is also a Northwest outdoor lodge, offering easy access to Bend's terrific skiing, hiking, mountain biking, canoeing and kayaking.
The Unique Benefits at this Townhome:
Enjoy a luxury, Northwest lodge vacation experience in the heart of vibrant west Bend. Walk to shopping and restaurants in the Old Mill shopping area. Ride your bike to downtown. The Mt. Bachelor ski area, the Deschutes River and all the other wonderful outdoor activities for which Bend is famous are just minutes away.
Guests must sign a temporary occupancy agreement via the convenient online service, HelloSign. A copy is available for review upon request. A summary of the elements of the contract are below. Guests must provide an email address in order to receive the HelloSign message.
The Guests will be considered temporary occupants being offered transient accommodation in the dwelling. Temporary occupants do not have the right to exclusive occupancy of a dwelling and do not have the rights of a tenant. The temporary occupancy agreement may be terminated by the Homeowner at any time without cause.
Guests will note that the property is located in a quiet residential community, and that the adjacent unit shares a common wall. Respect for the neighbors is of the utmost importance. Quiet time between 9 p.m. and 8 a.m. must be observed. No parties, weddings, family reunions, large gatherings, or other events may be held at the property without written permission.
All prices include 11% lodging tax for City of Bend and State of Oregon.
Guests must provide the following information: Name, name of all members of the party, email, phone, address, and auto license numbers.
The Guest will provide a Mastercard or Visa credit card to cover charges in the unlikely case of damages, lost keys, lost garage remote or excess cleaning.
No smoking is allowed.
In the case of parties of unrelated adults or couples, the minimum age is 26.
Salmon Lodge, 45 SW Taft, Bend Oregon
1. Smoking is allowed outside only.
2. People other than those in the Guest party set forth above may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of Guest. No more than 8 guests are allowed in the Guest party.
3. The unit is privately owned; the Homeowners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
4. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order.
5. Only use appliances for their intended uses.
6. Salmon Lodge is a pet-friendly home. One or two well-behaved dogs that are at least one year in age are allowed. A pet fee of $10 per night will be charged. The Guest is responsible for any damage or extra cleaning created by the pet. Please do not leave do not allow pets onto the furniture or beds Please do not leave the pet unattended in the lodge or in the exterior fenced area. Pick up droppings from the fenced area or the neighborhood.
7. Parking: Parking is limited to four vehicles. Vehicles are to be parked in the garage or in the two designated parking areas behind the garage only. Parking on the alley or street is not permitted. Any illegally parked cars are subject to towing; applicable fines/towing fees are the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner.
8. Housekeeping: Housekeeping is provided prior to and after your occupancy period. No housekeeping is provided during your stay. You are responsible for any daily housekeeping that you desire for your comfort, or that is required to protect the property from damage (such as cleanup of a spill). A washer and dryer are available that you may use for personal items or if you need additional clean sheets or towels during your stay.
We suggest you bring beach towels. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the units.
9. Fireplace: The fireplace is a non-vented propane gas log fired firebox. Please do not throw any combustible materials in the fireplace.
10. Weather: If there is a storm, fire or road closure, no refunds will be given unless the state or local authorities order mandatory evacuations.
11. Checking in and out. Check-in time upon arrival is no earlier than 3 p.m. Check-out time upon departure is no later than 11 a.m. Late check-out is not allowed as the property must be cleaned prior to the next guest's arrival. A late check-out resulting in a scheduling conflict will be assessed a penalty of one-half a day's rate and may result in removal from the unit as a trespasser. Please check out on time.
12. Noise. Please note that you will be staying in a community where peace, quiet, and dark skies are highly appreciated. Quiet time between 9 p.m. and 8 a.m. must be observed, and all outdoor lights should be kept off when not required. Please be considerate of your neighbors.
13. Parties and Events. No parties, weddings, family reunions, large gatherings, or other events may be held at the property without permission.
14. Candles and flames. No burning of candles or incense is permitted. With the exception of the gas grill, outdoor fires are not permitted.
15. Fireworks. Absolutely NO fireworks are allowed on the premises.
16. Camping. Tents, campers, and motor homes are not permitted on the property due to City of Bend restrictions.
17. Lost or Stolen Items: We are not responsible for lost or stolen items. If you leave any items behind, please let us know immediately, and we will do our best to return the items to you, at your expense.
18. Two Old Town canoes with accessories are available seasonally for guests' use on lakes or on flatwater sections of the Deschutes; they are not for use on whitewater or in high wind conditions. PFDs (life jackets) must be worn. Canoeing can be dangerous and can result in death from drowning or hypothermia. The guest accepts all risk associate with use of the canoes; the homeowners will not be responsible. Return the canoes clean and in good condition after use.
19. Four sets of snowshoes with ski poles are stored in the garage for guests' use. Snowshoeing can be dangerous and can result in death from avalanche or hypothermia. The guest accepts all risk associate with use of the snowshoes; the homeowners will not be responsible. Return the snowshoes and ski poles clean and in good condition after use.
20. Removal from the property as trespassers. The Guest and all members of the guest's party are subject to immediate removal if:
•The Homeowner terminates the short term occupancy agreement;
•The Guest stays beyond the check-out time on the last day of the reservation;
•Smoking occurs inside the vacation property;
•The number of occupants exceeds the number of contracted guests;
•There are complaints of excessive noise, loud music, foul language or other disturbances of the peace;
•There is unauthorized use of tents, campers or motor homes on the premises;
•Violations of the peace occur.
•Other violations of the Agreement or Occupancy Rules occur.
21. Guests will comply with the City of Bend Good Neighbor Guidelines.
22. In the event removal is necessary, the entire payment amount will be forfeited.
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund plus service fees back.
The owners, Anne and Richard Penny, live in Bothell, Washington. We are both college or university educators. We enjoy the Northwest's culture and all the outdoor activities the region has to offer. We love going to Bend to enjoy the sun and to get outside when it is too rainy in the Puget Sound.