La Casa Volante is a nice and new Hostel, located in the beautiful Fischer Stairway, in a restored big house. We offer comfortable private rooms and well thought-out and big common areas; our walls have murals painted by artists from different countries and the house is surrounded by windowed walkways that allow you to enjoy the Valparaiso scenery. Also, we have an increasing recycling policy and we love our neighborhood life.
We offer good accommodations to enjoy your time in Valparaiso, even on a low budget!
We have a variety of spacious private and shared room types: 2 Dorms, 4 Doubles, 2 Twins, 1 Triple . All of them have reading lights, wifi, and bed linen & towels are included. Our house have 2 spacious shared bathrooms, 1 fully equipped kitchen and a big living-dinner-lounge room of 50 square meters, with cable tv, internet-wifi, book exchange and touristic information.
We are located in the best area of this amazing city. Our neighborhood is the historical Cerro Concepcion, and is a hill protected by UNESCO, full of beautiful houses, viewing points, street art, restaurants, cafes, shops, galleries, bars and clubs.
You will also be steps away from banks, beaches, the port, the green market and the greatest funiculars (elevators), typical of Valparaíso. In fact, to tour around our neighborhood you can use 3 of the most typical funiculars: Concepcion, El Peral y Reina Victoria.
"La Sebastiana", the famous house-museum of Pablo Neruda is located at walking distance.
From Airport (SCL):
From the airport you can take a bus or transfer to “pajaritos” bus terminal. Here you can take a bus (Pullman or Turbus are the best) to Valparaiso, the trip should last 90 min. This costs no more than $6000 CLP (15 dollars), it is better to pay in Chilean pesos. Tip: change only a few dollars at the airport because there trade is higher.
From Valparaiso Bus Terminal:
By Bus ($450 CLP):
From the bus terminal you can take any local bus or “micro” on Pedro Montt Avenue with a sign that says “Puerto” or “Aduana”. Ask the driver to let you know when you are at Urriola Street, where the Shell gas station is, and get off there. Then from Urriola St. walk up the hill about 2 blocks. The first stairway on your left is Fischer (the steps are painted with colours) . Take that stairway and you will find the hostel on your left. Is the house with the hanging garden (Fischer 27). Welcome!
By Taxi ($ 4000 – 6000 CLP):
Take a taxi to the corner of Pasaje Fischer and Urriola Street, in Cerro Concepción. Then go up Fischer Stairway (the steps are painted with colours). You will find the hostel on your left. Is the house with the hanging garden (Fischer 27). Welcome!
Políticas del Hostal / Hostel Policies
- Nota: Todas las habitaciones son self-catering y sin desayuno incluído, Si está incluido el servicio de té, café y frutas de libre disposición las 24 hrs. / All rooms are self-catering and without breakfast. The coffee, tea and free fruits service (24 hrs) is included.
- check-in: 14:00 hrs. / check-out: 12:00 hrs.
- Fechas especiales, como año nuevo, navidad y semana santa y otras a definir por la administración, pueden tener tarifas distintas. Por favor consultar. / Special dates, like New Year’s Eve, Christmas and Estern hollidays could have different rates. Please consult.
- Tarifas no incluyen IVA, que solo se cobra a residentes en Chile / Rates do not include IVA, which is charged to Chilean residents only
- No se admiten mascotas / no pets allowed
- Casa de No fumadores / No smoking house
- NIÑOS / KIDS: Niños/as de hasta 3 años no pagan tarifa, pero deberán dormir en las camas de adultos. Si se desea cama extra, se deberá consultar por disponibilidad y pagar el 100% de la tarifa extra adultos. Niños/as desde 4 años pagan el 100% de la tarifa adulta. Se debe consultar por anticipado al hostal por disponibilidad de cama extra si es que no lo consideraron en la reserva (por ejemplo, si se reserva una habitación doble y son 2 + 1 niño/a). Si no se consulta por anticipado y no hay disponibilidad de cama extra, se deberá pagar el 70% de la tarifa extra adultos. / - Kids untill 3 years old have free rate, but must sleep in adult beds. If you need an extra bed should be consulted for availability and pay 100% of the adults extra rate. Kids since 4 years old pay 100% of the adults extra rate. Should be consulted in advance to the hostel about availability of extra bed if is not considered in the booking (for example: if you book a double room and are 2 adults + 1 child). If you not consult in advance and there is no extra bed available, you must pay 70% of adults extra rate.
- POLITICA DE CANCELACION / CANCELATION POLICY: Clientes pueden cancelar o modificar sus reservas hasta 48 horas antes de la fecha de llegada (hora chilena) sin cargo. Si lo hacen después de ese plazo, se les cobrará el 100% del importe total reservado de una noche. / Customers can cancel or modify their reservation up to 48 hours before arrival (local time) without charges. After that, we’ll charge the 100% of the total amount reserved per one night.
- Cobro por NO PRESENTACION: 1 noche en la tarifa contratada. / NO SHOW charge: 1 night in selected rate.
We enjoyed our stay in this friendly hostel. The bedroom was bright and airy. Unfortunately the hostel behind was rather noisy- although I recognise that is not our hostels fault, but it did keep us awake. We shared the bathroom with only one other couple so there was no problem there at all. Great location- right in the main old town of valpariso. Note that whilst there are washing and drying facilities you have to pay to have the hostel wash things for you which was quite expensive. Overall we would recommend this or stay here again.
Un excelente lugar con un servicio excelente! Todo muy lindo y cálido! La descripción es perfecta. La ubicación está en la zona más linda de Valparaíso y la casa es preciosa. Es el hostal perfecto para una estadía en Valparaíso. Altamente recomendable!!!!
Quase parecida com o anúncio, somente achamos que precisa de manutenção. Cama bem confortável, e a atendente super agradável, além de perto do metrô, porém a subida para chegarmos é bem íngreme, e sinceramente a cidade não dispõe de beleza, sendo bem mais rústica.
We spend three nights in Mariano's hostel in Valparaiso and had a very great time. The house is located in the very centre of Cerro Allegre, directly situated at the famous Fisher stairs, with the Templeman and Urriola roads nearby. Therefore it was perfect for us to discover the central districts in Valparaíso, as all the relevant places could be reached by a short a walk. The hostel itself has different rooms. We stayed in a three bed room, which was very clean and tidy all the way and came around with a charming and cosy interieur, including an old charming wooden floor. A privat bathroom was not included, but we there were three shared bathrooms around which we could use (all the bathrooms were very clean, too, as well as the other shared rooms were). As our room was situated next to the kitchen, it was a bit noisy in the morning - but only in the morning, the rest of the day was very quiet, so we could sleep very well. A little breakfast was also included, as well as free coffee and tea the whole day. The various hostel staff was also always very kind and helpful. Overall we had a very great stay at Mariano's place in Valparaíso and can highly recommend this hostel to all you travellers out there. To the team: Thank you so much for that nice and pleasent stay!
We immediately fell like we were home at this place. Carolina is a great host and she cares about the comfort of the guests.
Não conhecemos o Mariano pessoalmente, mas ele foi bastante atencioso orientando quanto a utilização do transporte, locais e chegamos no dia que iniciava o festival de artes em Valparaíso. Infelizmente não ficamos mais de uma noite e a cidade merece sim uma estadia mais prolongada para curtir cada rua com suas poesias e pinturas. A estadia no hostel foi excelente, é exatamente como as fotos do anúncio informa e tem um clima muito bom. A localização não poderia ser melhor e logo de cara fomos recebidos pelos gatos que andam pelas escadarias. Comi a melhor empanada em Valparaíso e recomendo a todos que estiverem lendo este comentário em ficar no hostal de Mariano. O quarto era bem amplo e ficamos bem a vontade. É muito bom ver o anoitecer do alto das escadarias e acordar com aquele clima de inverno, mesmo sendo janeiro do (website hidden) certeza voltarei e ficarei mais dias hospedadas. Muito obrigada a toda equipe do Mariano que nos recebeu e nos orientou muito bem como andar pela cidade. :)
The hostal is very well located very close to shops and restaurants. We were in room 3 and unfortunately it was quite noisy at night since the tv or radio was on in the lounge. The lights of the halls were also on at night and it was preventing us from being in the dark I think they should put so stores but when we ask the reception to put the sound lower and switch off the lights they did it kindly. The hostal was quite clean as well.
This host has 65 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
soy argentino pero vivo en valparaiso hace 17 años, soy periodista, micro empresario y productor de cine... me gusta viajar, aprender malas palabras y muchas otras cosas.