Beautiful spacious house (2,600 sq. ft.), 4 bedroom, three bathroom, bright and comfortable with a lush backyard, located in a gorgeous and quiet neighborhood with tree lined streets just 30 minutes from the heart of New York City by train.
On the first floor is a large room with a grand piano, fireplace and toy corner, a spacious living room, a fully equipped eat-in kitchen, a “family room” with high definition TV, Wii and Play Station 3 as well as a guest bedroom with a full bathroom.
On the second floor are the two children’s bedrooms, a bathroom and a master bedroom suite comprised of a large bedroom with a king size bed, a dressing room and a master bathroom. The house is fully equipped with central air conditioning, dishwasher and washer/dryer.
The lush and flowery backyard is maintained by a professional landscaper and equipped with a gas barbecue and a large patio table.
Our house is located in South Orange, New Jersey, on the border of the South Mountain Reservation forest. South Orange and its neighboring village Maplewood were cited in Forbes magazine as two of the most desirable places to live in the country. South Orange is sought after for its quality of life, the beauty of the homes, its tree lines streets, the proximity to both NYC and a large forest as well as for the diversity and quality of its residents. South Orange residents are educated professionals, energetic, respectful and community minded. They get together to organize and participate in a myriad of artistic, cultural and sports events.
South Orange offers a wide array of activities to its residents, accessible by foot from our home:
- Outdoor swimming pools
- Tennis courts open all day (free)
- Biking and hiking trails
- Playgrounds and parks
- Free concerts in the park
- Fruit and vegetable market
- Cinema and performing arts center (South Orange Performing Arts Center)
In the vicinity of South Orange:
- New York City – direct access by train in 30 minutes (Pennsylvania station on 34th St between 8th & 9th avenues). Very easy access to many tourist sights (Empire State building, 42nd street, Rockefeller center, MOMA etc…)
- Newark Liberty International airport is 20 minutes from our home
- Beautiful white sand beaches of the New Jersey shore are just one hour by car
- Sumptuous Short Hills Mall for shopping is 15 minutes away
- Easy access to the highways for Philadelphia, Washington, Boston, Montreal