About this listing
Clean, peaceful, secure, fully self-contained garden studio set amongst Australian native flora in East Fremantle's renowned Plympton district, currently available for short / mid term rental.
No car required! Walking distance to public transport, Fremantle city, river, shops, great cafes, restaurants and bars.
Completely self-contained, includes WI-FI, washing machine, iron, blow dryer, hotel-grade bed sheets, new leather couch and ottoman, cooking utensils, convection microwave, electric hotplates, warm/cold inverter air-conditioning, ceiling fan, TV, DVD player, MP3 player. Separate own secure private entrance.
One minute walk to the renowned George Street Precinct with great shops, restaurants and bars.
- 5 minutes stroll down to the river. Suitable for paddling and home to a school of local dolphins.
- 10 minutes walk to major supermarket/shops.
- 15 minute walk to Fremantle City.
- 20 minute walk to the Perth's best beaches (in our opinion!)
Public transport at the end of the street. On-street free parking. Shared native garden backyard, BBQ and washing machine with owner. Garden frog symphony between 6-7pm nightly.
Strictly no smoking in studio or around the property.
Please respect the peaceful nature of the neighbourhood.
Please notify us if you plan to have any visitors, as it is a shared backyard.
Take it easy and enjoy yourself!
We were relocating from the USA to Perth and chose this property for a long term stay (1 month) based on the pictures we saw on AirBnB. Once we arrived, we determined the pictures were updated and did not accurately reflect the correct state of the studio, and clearly was not suited for long term rental. The studio is the size of a single carport with a tiny kitchen and bathroom; the porch, kitchen and bathroom are as depicted in the AirBnB photos. The bed is a twin bed with a faded blue printed bedspread, not the crisp white comforter reflected in the AirBnB photos. There were no cushions on the sofa (we had to use the pillows from the bed on the sofa). The towels were old and well used. The room has a gabled wood roof with a lot of cobwebs and dust. There were some electric globes missing we replaced ourselves using the box of globes in the kitchen. The kitchen faucet was not sealed on the countertop, so it lifted off each time it was used. The bathroom and kitchen portion of the studio sits in the patio, which means if the owners are entertaining in the patio, they might as well be in the toilet/kitchen. The washing machine is located in the kitchen and is to be shared with the owners!! The shared patio and the porch of the studio has plenty of plant debris – during our month stay the parents of the owners cleaned up the debris from the bougainvillea bush once. We were grateful because at night large cockroaches came out to play. The wireless internet connection kept dropping off for the first week, however, Jason managed to fix the problem just in time for my online university exams. The quality of water at the studio was of concern – the chrome on the shower enclosure was peeling away at astonishing speed. If a drop spilt on the floorboards, it left a white salt stain!!! We did learn one lesson from this stay – we will now ask owners of all future properties we rent to confirm whether their place looks exactly as pictured.
It's a shame there was no communication from Calvin about any of these issues during his stay, which was quite unfortunate, as we could have addressed each.
1. Yes, the studio has been updated. We have added a ceiling fan and we rotate the linen, so if Calvin had asked, we would have been more than happy to supply him the white doona cover rather than the pastel one, and also plenty of sofa cushions and any extra soft furnishings. The photos have been taken by an Airbnb certified photographer and accurately represent the studio space.
2. Again, we rotate the towels and linen, and would have supplied brand new ones on request if he wasn't happy with the clean white ones he had.
3. The studio was spotless on Calvin's arrival. It is professionally cleaned, and we have had only compliments (as reviewed by fellow Airbnbers previously) about the state of the studio. After the 1 month stay, without cleaning, dust and cobwebs may occur.
4. The bed is a Queen size bed, not a 'twin bed'.
5. We will be taking a closer look at the kitchen faucet and chrome on the shower enclosure. It would be the surface enamel that would be the problem, not the 'quality of the water'.
6. The bathroom and kitchen do not 'sit in the patio' - that's an interesting one.... The studio is a stand-alone building, and if the tenants choose, they can open up the double doors which opens out into the undercover area for great natural light, or they can close the doors. It is quite clear in the (Airbnb certified) photos that anyone sitting under the patio is quite separated from the studio if the tenants inside wish. We entertained just once in this shared undercover area during Calvin's 4 week stay.
7. We almost always time it when there are no guests, however for Calvin's 4 week stay, we needed to use the washing machine, just once, after coordinating the best time to do this with him.
8. It is Autumn, and we have nature close by - a fragrant Frangipani and other plants do tend to drop leaves. The bouganvillea drops purple petals. The leaves were swept every few days (I have a feeling Calvin has come from apartment living direct from the U.S.), and additionally when we were away, by my parents.
9. The internet extender was occasionally dropping out for Calvin (who was highly communicative, out of character it now seems, about this concern), so we engaged an IT consultant to trouble shoot, and ultimately added another new extender, running three wi-fi signals down to the studio, covering all bases, which ensured there was no further issue.
To sum up, it's disappointing Calvin chose not to bring up these points during his stay, rather, saving it to express these after he had left. The studio, and Airbnb for that matter, doesn't tend to suit everyone. I have a feeling, after reading his comments (some actually rather spurious), a stay in a hotel or serviced apartment may have suited this couple better.
Cristina and Jason's studio is fantastic! This might sound a bit over the top, yet it's true, there is nothing I didn't love about the place.
The location is ideal and the garden beautiful. It's very clean and equipped with all you need and more.
Jason and Cristina are very hospital and easy to communicate with.
I will stay there again that's for sure (I didn't want to leave in the first place....). 10 out of 10.
This studio in East Fremantle is absolutely amazing! It is beautiful, it was clean and we had all what we needed. The location very close to George St is perfect. There are so many good cafes, we could not check out all of them during our one-week stay. Jason and Cristina were great hosts: Friendly, helpful and uncomplicated. What more could one want?
Accueil très convivial.
Logement très agréable, propre, confortable et très bien placé (10 minutes du centre ville).
My husband and I spent a very happy 10 days in Cristina's and Jason's garden studio in January 2015. The studio was airy, spacious and clean, and all was as described on the airbnb web site. It was a hot summer, but the air-conditioner worked well and kept the studio cool. Cristina and Jason were out when we arrived, but arrangements for entry, made beforehand, worked without any problem. The charming entrance was exactly as shown in the photo, with the bougainvillea in full bloom. What I liked best was the beautiful, perfumed rear garden. The neighbourhood was quiet, and we had no problem finding a parking space in near-by George St. Cristina and Jason were friendly, and respectful of privacy. I highly recommend this lovely, self-contained, garden studio if you want a quiet stay in Fremantle.
I can not recommend this place more highly. It was immaculately clean and very tastefully decorated. Although small it had ample space to unpack. Such a lovely outlook onto the garden too, and even though it was very hot in Perth during our stay it was lovely and cool inside and just a really lovely place to hang out. Jason and Cristina were very warm and welcoming, but we still felt very private. I really loved the area, we had breakfast around the corner in George St at the Bistro and it was fabulous. This really has it all as far as location goes. Will definitely book again next time we return to Perth. Delightful, thanks.
This charming garden studio is ideally located very close to best of Fremantly (Art centre, Leisure centre, Beaches, City centre) and is set in a beautiful garden. The host are very nice and helpful. I had a really great time!
About the Host, Cristina & Jason
We are a Spanish-Australian couple. I (Cristina, Spanish) came to Australia for one year and got stuck in it after meeting Jason. Jason is from Fremantle but has been living abroad for many years until he settled in back in Freo.
We both live together in a house in East Fremantle close to the ocean. Both of us enjoy water sports, hiking, travelling and enjoying different cultures, food and drinks.
We are lucky that in Perth and Freo there's a big musical scene and many venues where to enjoy live music, as we both love music.
Regarding our style of travelling, it depends on how much time we have, but in general, we don't like to stress out and "tick" all the boxes, but the opposite: we like to relax, enjoy a meal, a drink with friends, a hike, a concert or whatever the destination has to offer us.
We have been using "airbnb" for a while and we think that it is a great idea, as we dislike going to impersonal hotels where you can't even open a window. We are respectful with other people's life, so we believe that this way of accommodation has given us the balance that we've been looking for.
Other than respectful to people, we try to be respectful to nature by saving water, recycling and being mindful of the lack of resources and its awful distribution in this planet.