About This Listing
Airy, bright & enchanting private Hollywood themed guest house with adjoining patio sits atop a unique 1930's Italian garden with pottery & hand carvings. Scenic views_quiet_clean_cozy_sunny. Top Locale near major attractions_walking distance to Universal & minutes from Hollywood. Nestled in an upscale celebrity & entertainment industry filled neighborhood_comfortably fits 4
This Hollywood getaway is perfect for vacationers, industry people, artists, writers and business travelers. Nestled in a celebrity-filled neighborhood, this peaceful and quiet guest house is secluded, like a mountain getaway with calming, scenic views, yet close to all the action - walking distance to NBC Studios, Warner Bros. and Universal Studios Hollywood and City Walk. It's a quick 3-5 min. drive to the Walk Of Fame, Hollywood and Highland, The Chinese Theater, Hollywood Bowl, and Madame Tussauds. 10-12 minutes to the Griffith Park Observatory. Enjoy your stay on a 1930's estate built on one of the only hills in Hollywood made of stable, unshakeable bedrock, which is the safest foundation in Los Angeles particularly for earth quakes. This property has unique, one of a kind gardens, created and built by artist Frank Marino in 1932. Most of the carvings found in the garden were hand made by the artist, with pottery and other pieces imported directly from 1930's Italy. This artistic and one of a kind property retains an enchanting and cozy guest house that is a classy tribute to the days of Old Hollywood and it's glamorous beginnings. A partial view of the Hollywood sign can be seen from the front balcony. Enjoy the adjoining private patio with atmospheric night lighting and cushy seating.
This is my 2nd year with airbnb as a host. Expect to have beautiful views, lots to do, since everything is so close by, quality rest and a good nights sleep in a comfortable queen size bed when you stay in my guest house!! :) Expect to be close to almost all of the major studios and Universal Studios :) So far, I've had guests come in for as short as 1 night, and some come in for as long as 3 months. It has been a wonderful experience.
FULL PRIVACY, Large 450 sq. foot, self-contained, separate bungalow with gated patio area and balcony front porch nestled near the tree tops above a 1930's house, built in one of the top locations in Hollywood. This charming and completely unique guest house is a tribute to the Old Hollywood starlets. It is secluded, safe, comfy, elegant, chic, quiet, and I've been told by guests from France, "enchanting". It's near all the action and most major attractions. (Walking distance to Universal Studios-1/2 of a mile-15 minutes on foot, 1 minute by car). Full kitchen, Full bathroom, roomy closets, direct TV, internet, library of books and movies, heating, air conditioning, fireplace, universal dock audio player, air purifier, brand new 50 inch flat screen TV, DVD player, Front balcony and ample sized private terrace area with comfortable seating and atmospheric night lighting.
This Hollywood Hills "Treehouse" is blocks away from the major Studios and in the heart of all the Entertainment outlets and most of the major attractions. This elegant, old Hollywood glamour/starlight themed Guest House is nestled above the Main house which was built in 1932. The Guest house has been completely gutted, renovated and re-designed on the inside. This popular celebrity-filled neighborhood is one of the top sought-after locations in Los Angeles and is safe, secure, private, exclusive, secluded, popular, peaceful and quiet.
• 450 square ft. Studio Guest House - completely private
• Full, large kitchen, seats up to 4, coffee maker,
2 microwaves, oven, fridge, stove, toaster, all
dishes, pans, pots, fondue set, all utensils needed, glassware etc provided.
• Lots of counter space
• Full bath room with tub, shower, shampoos,
candle, iron, ironing board, blow dryer, bath
towels, beach towels and more.
• Large refrigerator with automatic ice maker with filtered water provided.
• AIR CONDITIONING-don't be fooled by places that don't have it and say you "don't need it"- it can get VERY hot in LA - (106 degrees this past summer!)
• Free WI-FI
• Direct TV
• HEPA Air Purifier
• Fire Place
• Universal All media Music Doc-iphone, android etc.
• Welcome treats provided upon arrival
• Pillow top Queen size bed
• Double size futon bed with additional padding provided on top for sleeping - very comfortable
• 600 & 800 thread sheets provided
• Beautiful, inspiring views
• Glass French doors
• 3 large windows
• Large ceiling fan
• 2 spacious closets
• Flat screen 50 inch TV with remote
• DVD player
• French Style Antique Dresser-Hutch with Mirror and Stained glass doors
• Extensive library of 300+ TV shows & movies
• Library of books available for check out
• Beach towels, beach chairs, ice chest provided
• Clean towels, all bedding provided, extra blankets, pillows and blanket wraps
• Secure, safe, upscale, celebrity neighborhood
• Partial view of Hollywood sign
• Light, Bright, Airy, Quiet and Peaceful.
• Built on bedrock, so no worries about earthquakes!
• No drugs - smoking OUTSIDE only
• No pets allowed
• Double locked security gate
• Must give $20 deposit for parking pass if parking, car on street (refunded after pass is returned). If pass is lost, $20 is forfeited. (For guests staying 1 month or more, pass must be purchased).
• Atmospheric night lighting
• Italian gardens to relax with interesting Italian
carvings and brick work through out.
• This location is close to everything and known as a celebrity hide out.
• $75 non-refundable cleaning fee (For guests staying 1 or more months, an additional $50 a month cleaning fee is due)
• Centrally located
• Friendly atmosphere
• Close to public transport
• Laundry done by house maid @ $10 a load for
guests who stay longer than a week. (Usually done on Friday's). Cash only.
• Walking distance (1/2 -1 block) to convenience stores, Starbucks, Vegan express, Tai Food, gas
stations, other restaurants. (Extensive guide
• Close to freeways & public transportation (metro & bus line)
• Easy to Uber/Lyft (if available, we will uber/Lyft you around).
• Near movie studios, recording studios, Universal Studios, Ellen, Jimmy Kimmel, Hollywood Bowl, NBC Studios, Chinese Theater, Walk Of Fame, Griffith Park Observatory, Hollywood sign, Runyan Canyon, North Hollywood, Studio City, Pasadena, Glendale, Downtown, Beverly Hills, West Hollywood, Sunset Blvd., The Roxy, House Of Blues, The Viper Room, Forrest Lawn, Hollywood Forever Cemetery, Santa Monica Pier, Venice Beach, more
• 45 min. from Disneyland
• 25 min. from beach
• You can take the subway from Universal Studios straight into Hollywood for a day of shopping and sight seeing on Hollywood Blvd, or it's a 5 minute drive with $4 parking at Hollywood and Highland.
- Please note there are several outdoor stairs to and from the bungalow.
- This is the perfect, one of a kind space for travelers, writers, artists & musicians looking to relax or work in a truly inspiring creative environment with a rich history.
- A very secluded spot. Nice and quiet for writers and other artists. Secluded, safe and secure for celebrities. (There are many celebrities living in this neighborhood). Minutes away from the creative heart of LA & Hollywood attractions & studios.
Plenty of outside space for hiking or just getting away from it all--At the top of the hill, you will enjoy a spacious view of the Universal Studios back lot, and the entire Sand Fernando valley. On the hill across the road, you can hike the beautiful reservoir (3 miles around the 'lake"). The neighborhood is surrounded by mature trees and there are one of a kind views across the city, valley, mountains, Griffith Observatory, Hollywood sign & reservoir to the ocean. It feels as though you are in wildness although the city is just down the hill.
Sunsets and sunrises are amazing up on the hill overlooking Universal Studios. Only 1 minute from the Hollywood Bowl and 5 minutes from the night-life of downtown Hollywood.
We want your stay to be as nice, pleasant, easy and relaxed as possible.
- 2 min to Downtown Hollywood Sunset & Vine less than 1 mile away
- 1 min drive to Universal studios 1/2 mile away
- 10 Min. drive to West Hollywood
- 15 Min. to Rodeo Drove / Beverly Hills
- 12 Min. to Echo park / Silver Lake / Downtown
- 25 Min. drive to the fun beaches and oceans
- 40 Min. drive from LAX / 12 Min. from Burbank
- 12 min. drive to Glendale.
- 5 minute drive to North Hollywood and Studio City.
Adults and children welcome
The house is available for filming and photo shoots at different rates than those posted here. Please inquire via message
Room comes with a notebook listing places to see, phone numbers and addresses of some nearby places such as restaurants and Starbucks within walking distance. Also equips you with the rules and regulations of the house as well as an extensive list of Movies and books you can "check out" for no cost or nominal fee.
• No smoking inside the guest house - but there is a lovely terrace where you may smoke outside and enjoy a view over the garden.
Guest: "what a special place! unbelievable that you can be so centrally located and at the same time have such silence, nature and even a touch of wilderness in the middle of Hollywood."
* Please note, when staying longer than 7 nights, an additional $50 cleaning fee is due via paypal before arrival or in cash upon arrival.
• Please note that if you are staying less than 30 days, you will need to pay the LA transient occupant hotel tax of 14% in cash upon your arrival, which airbnb does not charge. We are required to charge this tax by law and will be penalized greatly if we do not.
MONTHLY STAYS: A security deposit of $200 upon arrival. Refunded if nothing is damaged or stolen.
An additional $50 cleaning fee is required per month.
Use the INSTANT BOOK Feature and there will be NO WAITING. If the system allows you to book, then that means my calendar is free for those dates! If the dates you want are open, don't wait too long to book, because they could be taken, especially in the summer months. With instant book you don't need a pre-approval from me. My calendar is completely accurate, so if you're comfortable with the instant book feature, go for it! :)
A few Celebrity Residents Past and Present are/have been Cameron Diaz, Johnny Depp,, Justin Bieber, Paris Hilton, Madonna, Justin Timberlake, Robbie Williams, Diane Keaton, Kylie Minogue, Kristen Stewart, Leonardo DiCaprio, Bridgett Nielson, Vin Diesel, Zac Efron, Morgan Fairchild, Randy Quaid, Megan Mullaly, Keanu Reeves, Byron Allen, Ryan Phillipe, Moby, Buck Henry, Dido, Jose Eber, Paul Oakenfold, Christina Applegate, Drew Barrymoer, Eminem, Kanye West, Ryan Seacrest and Nicky Hilton.
On the property guests have access to free parking and an enclosed private, lit patio area attached to the Guest House with comfortable seating provided. Smoking is permitted outside only. Guests have their own spacious kitchen, full bathroom, Direct TV, internet, ice maker, Filtered water, air purifier, 300+ movie library, brand new 50 inch flat screen TV, DVD player, all media player for iphones, ipods, androids, etc., iron with ironing board, blow dryer, beach chairs and cooler, coffee and coffee maker, fireplace, air conditioning, heating as well as their own front balcony adjacent to the large private side terrace area. All attractions are 1-5 minutes away by car with many with in walking distance. This is a celebrity-filled neighborhood, so don't be surprised if you see Kristen Stewart, Morgan Fairchild, Bridgette Nielsen or other notables walking their dogs by the property. It is a extremely safe, secure and upscale neighborhood.
Interaction with Guests
I interact via text messaging almost every day to see if guests are comfortable, have questions, need assistance or need anything. If you are coming in from outside the U.S., getting a US phone while you are here is a MAJOR HELP in communicating, or download the Wazzup app to your phone for texting there. We are usually home during our guests stay, however we stay virtually invisible, as we respect your privacy. We are here if guests need us, yet not here so guests can enjoy their stay :o)
What I love about this neighbor hood is that it's an upscale hide away that is safe, extremely quiet, yet is close to everything in Los Angeles. I love that this is one of the only hills built on bedrock, which makes it more secure for earthquakes. It's fun to run into celebrities in the neighborhood walking their dogs, and the homes here are unique and beautiful. The hill this home is built on is a highly sought after area because of it's convenience, popularity, location, million dollar homes and secure bedrock hill.
There is always Uber and Lyft, however buses are a block away, subway is about 5 blocks away. 12 minutes to Burbank airport. All major modes of transportation are here. I provide a list and a map for all guests who come here. There is a new flyaway bus system to and from the airports, which just opened in Hollywood and is 5 minutes away. Take note: we often will uber/lyft guests around ourselves, if we are available.
Other Things to Note
* Remember the LA transient occupant hotel tax (less than 28 day stay) It is 14% payable by direct check to the Office Of Finance City Of LA, cash or paypal. We are required to charge this tax by law and will be penalized and breaking the law if we do not. A receipt will be emailed to you for your records.
* There are steps, please do not drag your luggage and chip them. We can have some one take your luggage up by our resident bell hop. Tips appreciated.
- Keep gate double locked at all times. Keep all gates on premises locked.
* Remember the LA City Tax (less than 28 day stay) It is 14% payable by check, cash or paypal.
- Leave the room as you found it (with exception of making your beds).
- Put dirty towels in hamper provided in the closet, wash your dishes please.
- No unruly noises after 11pm.
- Laundromat near by, however, if you are staying over 1 week, you may pay $10 per load
of wash to be done by house maid.
- Smoking only allowed OUTSIDE. No smoking
allowed inside the guest house, EVER!!
- Leave the property as you found it, please be
respectful of our belongings.
- please remove all garbage & trash from room into bins provide on the street. Blue is recycling, Black is trash.
• Please note that if you are staying less than 28 days, you will need to pay the LA transient occupant hotel tax of 14% in cash, check or paypal upon your arrival, which airbnb does not charge. We are required to charge this tax by law and will be penalized and breaking the law if we do not. You will be emailed a receipt for your records.
NO SMOKING INSIDE HOME
-- Please take off shoes, once inside the door of the Tree House.
-- If you ruin towels, sheets, blankets, break dishes, take something, etc. you WILL be charged, so be respectful and considerate -- take care of the property and it's contents. Thank you so much! :o)
Fawn is the best host I've had so far with airbnb, and I've had great hosts! She makes sure to maintain excellent communication throughout the visit. Her Guesthouse is absolutely adorable, the pictures are accurate, and I feel it's better in person. A fantastic location, quiet beautiful neighborhood, serene environment with all the amenities you need make for a nice stay. Unfortunately due to circumstances beyond my control, Fawn's experience with me and a friend who was supposed to stay there with me may go down as one of Fawn's most odd airbnb experiences. For that I feel bad, but through all of the nonsense- Fawn was truly amazing. If you happen to stumble on this review, do yourself a favor and look no further- just book her guesthouse!!
What a fantastic, old Hollywood cottage.
Fawn is an amazing host. Attentive, sweet and also gorgeous!
The best in my Airbnb experience so far. She always made sure we had what we needed, and even greeted us with a nice bottle of wine and some goodies . We both grew up in LA, so we were like pros navigating the fwy system.
Loves all around.
Great stay! Fawn was a great host, and she stays nearby, so if I had any questions, she was right there to help!
The location was super convenient for Hollywood Bowl, and nice and quiet on a residential street. I really enjoyed just resting there for a day.
I had some minor issues with parking because I tend to stay out late, but it seemed to be because there is temporary construction going on at some of the houses nearby. And even so, I was never completely left without a space. Overall, would totally recommend to a friend!
From first contact, Fawn was warm and inviting and extraordinarily helpful. We told her we were interested in live music and she sent us a list of venues that fulfilled exactly the type, quality and proximity that we were looking for. She greeted us upon arrival with a warm hug, a brief introduction to the miraculous views, a bowl of candies and a bottle of wine.
The neighborhood is lovely, quiet, secure, friendly - and no, we didn't see any celebrities, but then - they didn't see us either and we were fine with that.
Fawn will advise you that there are a great deal of stairs, and it's true. But we are not physically fit under anyone's definition and we had no problem with the steps at all. They're shallow and there are sturdy handrails.
We would have loved to spend more time on the patio and the weather was perfect for that, but alas - we were there to visit family and they kept us busy.
We would not think of staying anywhere else when we visit Los Angeles again.
Fawn and John were great hosts, this was our first Airbnb and it could not have been better. They were both really welcoming and Fawn always responded promptly and efficiently to any questions we had before and during our stay. The unit is clean and has everything that you need, it’s really quaint and made you feel tucked away from the hustle and bustle of LA, a great welcome tranquil retreat from our busy days out. Great location everything within easy driving distance (that’s easy LA style ) Universal studios literally just a 15-20 walk around the corner. Would recommend this property to anyone planning a trip to LA.
In-law apartment tree house is clean and nicely situated in a relaxing yard. Thoughtful appointments inside and out. Fawn is helpful and communicates well with guests before, during, and after arrival She truly wants guests to enjoy their stay, and is available for questions about the area. Our reception included a briefing about stuff in the area and an orientation to the house book with lots of links to more info. The location included on-street parking of which we always found a spot not far (and often across the street). Kitchen includes a working stove and refrigerator as well as utensils, plates and cups, and cookware, which proved handy a couple times.
About the Host, Fawn
I'm Fawn and I'm an easy going, cheerful person who loves hosting people from all over the world. I love to learn new things, travel and I have a heart for children and animals. I'm a recording artist and songwriter. I write songs, sing and compose for a living. I've had a top 10 hit on the Billboard charts. I also produce music and teach private lessons in piano, voice, performance, vocal producing, lyric writing and songwriting. I love people and aim to please my guests who come stay in my Hollywood Hills Guest House! :)
My life motto is to be who you are born to be and be a light in the world!
grocery and liquor store, 1/2 a block away
Delicious Thai restaurant 1/2 a block away
Great vegan food. 1 block away
Loud, but fun
A great place to shop, eat and watch movies!
Warner Bros. Studios
It's an incredible amusement park! Packed with Hollywood memories and excitement!
Singing waiters, yummy Italian, decent pries, 5 minutes from the house
Hollywood Bowl Overlook
Warner Brothers Studios
Decent mexican food at a decent price
1 block away
A must!!! The famed Hollywood Bowl
They have car shows in the parking lot on Friday nights. This restaraunt has been there over 50 years.
5 minutes from the house
Many celebrities buried here
See where the famed Johnny Carson show airs and the Jay Leno Show
Hospital---in case of an emergency!
Nice little outdoor shopping mall goes with the great grocery store prices
A fun place to see movies. So much history, plus all of the hand and footprints of celebrities, past and present.
creepy wax museum :)
See the Hollywood Walk of Fame, shop, eat, visit the museums and landmarks of Hollywood.
fun movie theater
Pharmacy near by
Ripley's Believe it or Not Museum
Italian food with singing waiters
You never know when you may need the police!
You never know when you may need the Fire department!
A beautiful place to see the stars and more!
Horse back riding! Wonderful! Explore Griffith Park!
The Hollywood sign is a landmark. Although you can see the "H" and the "O" from your balcony, you'll want to get an up close and personal view on the other side of the hill!
Restaurant and bar. Fun place to hang out.
Good Italian, cute neighborhood to walk around in
Open 24 hours. Very famous restaurant, bakery and deli.
open 24 hours
If you get sick, this is the free clinic
loud but fun
La Brea Tar Pits, Dinosaurs
airport in Burbank
Every one needs to go shopping in Beverly Hills 90210!
See celebs and have a great meal
shop where Julia Roberts shopped in Pretty Women!
Outdoor shopping mall
Beautiful museum. Free admission
Go to the 3rd street promenade to shop and later, the beach!
Fun beach to visit
Beautiful outdoor beach mall
Beach, cute light house, village type atmosphere
Amusement park on the boardwalk
Beautiful park, a piece of history
great amusement park
Animal sanctuary. Pet a pig, hug a goat.
A beautiful 45 minute scenic drive to the Ronald Reagan Museum. It has breath taking views and the Presidential airplane there.
Disneyland!! Needs no introduction!
Beautiful beach, dogs allowed
Beautiful fishing town, beach
Beautiful beaches, great shops
If you want to ski or see snow, it's 1.5 hour drive away. Also fun to go up to the lake in the summer. Cute mountain town.
A must see Dutch Village! A 2 hour drive away!