About this listing
This is our beautiful, modern home in the picturesque Cornish village of Tintagel, home to King Arthur's castle, Camelot, which you can see from the house.
The property is well-equipped and is comfortably suitable for up to 6 people, yet cosy enough for 2.
The accommodation includes:
- large driveway for 2 vehicles
- WIFI connection throughout
- living room with sofas, flat-screen TV/DVD and solid-fuel stove
- kitchen/utility with microwave, cooker, fridge-freezer, washer, drier, dishwasher
- conservatory with dining table for 6 and sofa for catching those morning rays while reading the paper and drinking your coffee
- downstairs double bedroom with TV and ensuite wet room, with good disabled access.
- main bedroom with king size bed, TV & sea view
- twin bedroom with single beds and a travel cot, if required
- bathroom with shower over full size bath
- small enclosed courtyard, with table and chairs
Tintagel is a lovely North Cornwall village with several pubs, all within easy walking distance, child friendly & all serving food but really quiet as there is no real night-life.
It is a haven for walkers and those who enjoy the "simple pleasures" of being outside in beautiful countryside.
Tintagel Haven beach is a 5 minute walk away.
You can also walk to the Coast Path in either direction for stunning views and clearing cobwebs, with no need to take the car.
There are plenty of maps and information at the house on all manner of walks and attractions for all ages & interests.
Tintagel is famous for the mythical home of King Arthur and the ruins of the castle are also a 5 minute walk away.
We also have a lovely Old Post Office, which is now a English Heritage museum.
Close by is Boscastle, a picturesque village and old fishing port and also home to the Museum of Witchcraft, and if the tide is right, the Blow Hole. In the other direction is Port Isaac, used as the fictional home of Port Wenn for the TV series Doc Martin
Tintagel is within easy driving reach of all the other main Cornish attractions - Eden Project, Padstow, Lost Gardens of Heligan, Newquay and a number of other surfing beaches.
There is a basic bus service, but you really need your own transport to make the most of your stay here.
Sorry but no dogs or smoking allowed.
This is our home and we would love to share it with like minded people, who will look after and respect it as much as we do.
We do not allow smoking or pets, due to allergies.
We use Airbnb to travel around the world and have met some fabulous friends this way.
We love the Great Outdoors and have built our own haven in Cornwall, in which to enjoy it to the max.
We divide our time these days between Cornwall and France depending on work & family commitments.
We would love to share our home with like minded people.