About this listing
This is a gorgeous and spacious (830 sq ft) 2 bedroom apartment in Hove with period features, very high ceilings (13 ft) and a lot of character. Wonderful location and next to the beach. Perfect for work (desk space, fiber optics) & relaxation.
The apartment is decorated with a blend of designer and vintage furniture. It comprises (see also floor plan: last photograph)
- a spacious living room with very high ceilings (13 ft / 4 meters), a fantastic leather sofa, two quirky armchairs and a desk. You will also find a TV (Freeview, with a DVD player), a Nintendo Wii, a screen to plug your laptop and a docking station for your Iphone/Ipod. You will find in the entrance of the flat a selection of books and DVD.
- a Juliet balcony (with oblique sea-view !)
- a small but well furnished bedroom located at the front of the property. It has a chest of drawers to tidy your belongings and a quirky dressing table.
- a large master bedroom (with very high ceilings) located at the rear of the property with large wardrobes.
- a kitchen, located at the rear of the apartment, with everything you need to feel like at home: large cooker (double oven), micro-wave, washing machine, large fridge with freezer, dish washer, toaster, blender, espresso machine, kettle and much more ! There is of course a table that seats 4 people.
- a beautiful and relaxing bathroom.
- Fibre optic broadband with BT Infinity 2: Download speed: about 70 Mpbs (that is 3 to 4 times faster than the maximum speed of ADSL2+), upload speed: about 20 Mbps (20 X faster than ADSL2+).
Interaction with Guests
As we share our time between France and the UK, we are not always there to meet our guests.
The location is just fabulous: a stone's throw away (200 yards) from the sea, the apartment is situated between Palmeira and Brunswick Squares. The heart of Brighton is just 10 minutes away; but there are a large numbers of vibrant Cafes, trendy bars, restaurants and boutique shops at the next corner (and also Tesco and Sainsbury local stores) . It is of course a very safe neighborhood !
- From the train station: Bus 6 to Palmeira Square (something like ten/fifteen minutes) and then walk less than 5 minutes. A taxi should be less than 10 pounds.
We have a limited amount of parking permits, which allow you to park next to the flat (if there is space !) and in the surrounding streets (Zone M). Please contact us before booking if you need such permits.
Other Things to Note
Please note that we cannot accept bookings of less than three nights.
Linen and towels included.
A baby travel cot is also available (bedding not provided).
In case we are not here, you will have to collect keys from a complimentary key safe (next to the train station) . We can also offer a meet and greet service to a cost of £25.00
We would expect guests to be respectful of the furniture, the neighbors and obviously not to damage anything! No other people (i.e. not part of the booking) can stay overnight.
-Please be aware that there is an original Juliet balcony at the property, which is low by modern standards. Guests use the balcony at their own risk and are urged to exercise caution. The balcony is unsuitable for young children, adults be aware.
- 4 guests maximum
- Non smoking
- No big parties / no stag parties
- Sorry we cannot accept pets
- Please respect the neighbors and do not make noise after 11 pm.
- When leaving, guests are required to leave the flat tidy, the dish washer empty and not to leave any dirty dishes.
About the Host, Muriel & Wilfried
I share my time between beautiful Brighton & Hove (Uk) and Strasbourg (Fr).
- making needlework
- Nick Cave's music
- walking on the seafront with my husband
- independent Coffee shops
- Having friends at home and cooking for them
- taking care of my home
- antiques, vintage and design furniture
and much more !!!
Muriel - July 2013