About this listing
Don't bother with traffic this SXSW! Stay right off Cesar Chavez and Chicon! Less than a 5 minute walk to all the action!
Newly remodeled 2bed/2bath house, 3 blocks from Ladybird Lake, and short walking distance to downtown and east 6th St!
This 2Bed/2Bath house is in a prime location, just off of Holly street in the eastside/downtown neighborhood. It's one of the hottest locations available, just blocks from all of the SXSW action!
Newly remodeled with designer touches throughout including:
- Fresh paint, inside and out
- Crown moulding
- Granite counter tops in the kitchen, complimented with a frosted glass subway tile backsplash
- Espresso hand-scraped flooring in the living room
- New tile in kitchen and guest bath
- Custom subway tile in guest bath/shower
- Banquette seating added to kitchen nook
- 2 Queen size beds
- 2 Queen size air mattress
- Dish Network
- Central heat and A/C
- Ceiling fans in each room
- Electric washer/dryer
- Charcoal Grill on back patio
- Gas grill on back patio
- Refrigerator with Freezer top
- Electric, flat top glass stove/oven with range hood
- Counter top microwave
- Electric Dishwasher
Small Appliances include:
- Coffee maker, waffle maker, toaster, rice cooker
- All cookware plates, glasses, utensils, etc.
- 54" Sony High-Definition TV (mounted onto living room wall)
- Small speaker system with aux input
- Schiller baby grand piano (Please handle with care! She's my baby!)
Feel free to use anything in the kitchen, bathrooms, and laundry room for yourself.
Closets and drawer space will be clean and empty, available for your personal use.
Interaction with Guests
Please feel free to contact me regarding any questions about the home, neighborhood, or the city in general. I genuinely hope that you enjoy your stay inside my home!
I will be available to you as needed, should there be any issues within the home that need immediate attention. I treat all of my guests with respect and due diligence, and will do my best to ensure you have a wonderful experience!
Otherwise, I'll be out of your hair!
One of the hippest, historical neighborhoods, '78702' is in the heart of Austin, TX! Live music, art, great restaurants/food trucks, dive bars, cool corner stores/grocery stores, coffee shops, museums, thrift/book stores, hike and bike trail, the lake, boutiques, and festivals, all within short walking distance!
- It's a beautiful walk whichever way you head out the front door. Head north, and its just a short walk to East 6th street, where you will find some of the hottest east side gems, from dive bars and honkeytonks, to upscale restaurants and food trucks, there's always a good time to be had!
- Head south and you will be at Ladybird Lake within minutes! There's a beautiful hike/bike trail that wraps around the lake that is over 5 miles long, and great for a morning jog, or a stroll at sunset.
- Head west and it's just a short walk before you are in the heart of downtown Austin! There's so much to do here, it's definitely worth exploring. You can walk up to the capitol, go see the bats at the Congress Street bridge, or head up to historical 6th street. A great way to get into the feel of Austin!
- East of our house is mainly just our neighborhood, although if you head down East Cesar Chavez, there's all kinds of little boutiques and good eats.
- You can see the bus stop from the front of the house, or walk a few minutes to other bus stops all over the neighborhood.
- One cruiser bicycle included for guest's usage during entire stay
Other Things to Note
You are in one of the best cities in the world! Have FUN, RELAX, and ENJOY YOUR STAY!
No cigarettes inside please.
Small to medium size gatherings are fine, however KNOW YOUR GUESTS, as you will be held responsible for any damages that occur during your stay.
Christina was an attentive and informative host and her house made SXSW easy and convenient. A passionate Austin-ite, Christina recommended restaurants and obviously is passionate about her home. Funky and fun, I would recommend anyone staying at this cool 2 bedroom pad!
Christina was a wonderful hostess! Her home is beautiful, very clean, and she is so accommodating!
About the Host, Christina
28 year Austin native. Super chill-laid back, charismatic, interior design lover of all things beautiful! I've decorated homes professionally since 2006. My house is always getting flipped around and turned inside out!
I love brilliant, considerate, heavily passion-ed food and people!
My father is from Cienfuegos, Cuba and showed me the beautiful ocean surrounding his colorful country as a child. Inside my home, you'll notice one of a kind pieces & furniture cohesively put together, collaborating my mother & father's cultures & favorite rich and vibrant colors.
I am incredibly open minded, love to get wrapped up and lost in deep thoughts and spiritual, mind blowing conversations about life on earth and the unknown. I accept & respect everyone for who they are/want to be in this short amount of time we get to spend here on earth.