About this listing
We have a wonderfully cozy garden level 650sf suite to share in our south Fort Collins family home. It has its own entrance and features a kitchenette, bedroom, bathroom, table, 2 rockers, queen sleeper sofa, W/D, off street parking, & lots of extras.
We have a wonderfully cozy and private garden level suite to rent in an established neighborhood in our south Fort Collins family home (built in the 1980's). It is a 650 SF, garden level area below our main residence. Renovated within last few years: 11 x 11 bedroom, 24 x 14 carpeted living area with gas fireplace and a full bath. Included is a very small kitchenette area that offers a microwave, small convection/toaster oven combo, apartment size refrigerator, drip coffee maker, French press, and basic kitchen essentials. You can have access to a full size refrigerator and freezer in the garage if needed. You will also have your own two burner propane grill just outside your door. Although this is not a B & B, I do include some coffee, tea, a few snacks, a few drinks, etc... (I will take special requests). There are large windows in all rooms with newer window coverings and blackout blinds in the bedroom. It is furnished partially in family antiques. Included are a high quality (7/2015) queen mattress with numerous options for pillows, extra linens, dresser, closet with lots of extra blankets/bedding, small desk, brand new sleeper sofa with memory foam queen mattress (never know it is a sleeper sofa - they have come a long way), 2 swivel rocking chairs, small dining table, older TV (basic bare bones Dish package, local stations only), stereo, MP3/DVD player, games, books, movies, entertainment for kids, and wireless internet (printer available upon request). Entrance to the Suite is located in the garage. You will park in the driveway (off street parking available for up to two cars). There is a flagstone pathway that leads you to the back yard and through a walk thru-garage door to your entrance. The only room that has potential to be shared is the laundry room and only applies to longer term guests; we always communicate beforehand with our guests if we will be doing laundry (generally never more than one afternoon a week). This home is located south of the Harmony and College (287) intersection near Fossil Creek Park. The updated home sits on a huge lot that backs to open space and a creek. It feels as though you are living on a larger acreage property and is very quiet. During the spring, summer and fall when the leaves are out, the neighbors' homes are just barely visible. It truly has one of the most private and heavily treed yards in south Fort Collins. There is a garden area if you like to play in the garden, a two level deck with seating, your own gas grill, horseshoe pit, volleyball/bat-mitten net (in garage), and a huge unfenced yard with a 20 x 20 x 6 ft. steel kennel. Currently there are pets in the home, but none of my pets have ever had access to the lower level. I do allow dogs, but have a very strict policy and require a signed pet addendum/deposit.
We are located fairly close to a city bus stop and there is a bike trail system at the end of my street that can link you to the entire city. I have bikes available for you to use or you can check out a bike from the Bike Library in Old Town (URL HIDDEN) It is about 6-7 +/- miles to Old Town via bike trail. We often ride down in the summer for dinner. CSU is about 4 miles.
I live about a 20+/- minute walk from the brand new South Transit Center. The Mason Corridor features Northern Colorado's first Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) system, known as MAX. BRT is similar to light rail transit and uses environmentally-friendly, modern rubber-tired vehicles. MAX operates faster than auto travel along College Avenue and provides ten minute departures during peak hours. MAX is designed to emphasize speed and convenience with an exclusive guideway and easy boarding. The new MAX BRT stations connect the Downtown Transit Center with the South Transit Center and incorporates high-quality passenger amenities including, real-time bus arrival information and Park-n-Rides along the corridor.
Fort Collins has been rated the number one place to live for a reason…
Outdoor activities galore, right out the door; abundant great restaurants, fantastic bike trail system throughout the city, varied entertainment venues, a wonderful Old Town area, lots of microbreweries, Colorado State University and the CSU Veterinary Teaching Hospital. Denver International Airport, Denver, Estes Park and Wyoming border are all about one hour away. I have lots of information and guide books and am happy to make reservations of any type for you.
Rent is by month, week or day. Damage deposit and cleaning fee apply to all stays. Three day minimum stay. Willing to work with your particular situation, please email with your specifics.
This is a vacation rental for anyone looking to be spoiled while visiting Fort Collins
Private 650 square foot garden level suite with entrance located in the garage, through a walk through door in our back yard. We offer off street parking and you may have access to our yard, deck, and your own propane grill. Our home is located above the suite.
Interaction with Guests
I let my guests determine the level of interaction they wish to have.
Located close to everything fun that Fort Collins has to offer. Home is in a very quiet established neighborhood with lots of mature trees, several creeks, open space, city parks, bike paths, etc... all within walking distance. CSU about 10 minutes and Old Town about 20 minutes, driving time.
Bus service including the new Max is about a 20+/- minute walk from my suite, be sure to check out their website for route/connecting information. Bike and walking paths are abundant throughout Fort Collins. There is taxi service, Uber, and numerous rental car agencies. DIA does have shuttle service to Fort Collins, I prefer Greenride.
Other Things to Note
I am happy to stock a few things like coffee, tea, milk, etc... Please let me know a few days before your arrival if you have any special requests.
If you are a longer term guest, there will likely be an additional cleaning fee beyond the $75, to be decided at departure based on the level of detailed cleaning needed.
House Rules and Pet Addendum:
Please use common sense and leave the area as you found it, the following is simply to protect both you as a guest and me as a host.
1. Smoking is NOT allowed inside and only in the back yard please. Ash can is located by outer entry door, a Cafe Du Monde coffee can by lock box.
2. People other than those in the Guest Party set forth in the contract may not stay overnight in the property (unless express permission is granted by Homeowner/Host). Any other person on the property is the sole responsibility of the Guest.
3. The house is privately owned. The owner is not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowner/Host is not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the Guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
4. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order.
5. Only use appliances and furniture for their intended use.
6. Dogs are permitted only with prior approval from the host and the PET ADDENDUM must be completed upon arrival. The Pet Addendum is below, following the House Rules. Never let our pets into your area.
7. Parking is permitted on the property, please use the driveway.
8. Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service included in the rate. While linens, bath and kitchen towels are included in the house, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. Towels and linens are not permitted to be taken from the house. If you would like beach towels to take to the lake, please let me know and I can supply these. Maid service can be arranged if requested for an additional fee and will be done by a professional cleaning service or myself depending on the circumstances. Longer term guests will be required to pay additional cleaning fee beyond the $75, to be decided at departure based on the level of detailed cleaning needed.
9. Heating/Cooling: Area is heated by hot water baseboard heat and the thermostat is located on living room wall by bedroom door. Keeping it at 65-72 is usually comfortable as the boiler is located on the lower level and emits quite a bit of heat itself. When leaving for the day, please lower to 60. The boiler is turned off in the summer and I do have a portable evaporative cooler for the summer if needed.
10. Please be GENTLE with the window coverings as they are heavy, go slow opening and closing and note that they open from both the top and bottom.
11. Please DO NOT flush anything other than toilet paper down the toilets. No feminine products should be flushed at any time. If it is found that anything else has been flushed down the toilet and clogs the sewer lines, you could be charged with the cost of the service call, up to $500.
12. Refunds/cancellation policy is outlined in AIRBNB Rental Agreement.
13. This is a family home, so please respect that fact and if partying all night is your thing, there are wonderful accommodations listed on AIRBNB in the Old Town area closer to the nightlife scene.
14. Quiet hours are from 10pm to 6am. If you are coming or going during those hours, please use walk through door and not automatic garage door opener because our bedrooms are directly above it and it is noisy. During the school year, we are up at 6am M-F and do our best to be as quiet as possible.
15. Please use caution when using the guest grill. Make sure it isn't too close to house or trees and that you turn off the propane tank when finished grilling.
16. Use extreme caution on deck/stairs at all times - there is no railing on lower level. In winter, it is very icy on deck because it is north facing.
17. If you venture into the open space behind the house, be very careful by the creek, especially in the spring, and NEVER let children go to the open space unattended.
19. When leaving the premises anytime, please turn off all lights, and double check that all appliances are off and/or unplugged. Never leave the windows open when you leave for the day, our weather can be unpredictable (smoke/flooding/wind/hail/snow – can occur all in the same day) and the elements could damage the interior. Please make sure all doors are securely shut, including the automatic garage door, it has often accidentally been left open by guests.
20. Guest/s shall allow Host access to the Guest area for purposes of repair and inspection if there is a need. Host shall exercise this right of access in a reasonable manner.
21. When leaving the property for the last time, please make sure you have left all of the dishes you used in the dish drainer, sink, or grey plastic tub by washer so that I can run them through the dishwasher and place all soiled laundry in the bathtub. I ask that you please leave the premises as close to the condition you found it in as possible, your security deposit return depends on the condition you leave the property in when you leave. Leave key in lock box as you depart for the last time or as instructed by me. If you have been using a garage door opener, please leave it where you found it. If key or opener is missing, you will be responsible for re-keying both locks and or replacing the opener.
1. Dogs are permitted only with prior approval from the host and the PET ADDENDUM must be signed upon arrival.
2. There will be an additional nonrefundable $25 per week, per pet fee (2 is the limit). This is payable upon arrival and is not included in the AIRBNB rent or fees.
3. Dogs must be current on all vaccinations. Required vaccinations are: Rabies, Bordetella, DA2PPVC, (Distemper, Adenovirus 2, Parainfluenza, Parvovirus and +/- Coronavirus ). Leptospirosis is highly recommended due to the wildlife, creeks, rivers and reservoirs that are in our area. I also ask that flea and tick preventative be administered at least a week before arrival.
4. Dogs must be well socialized with people/children and well trained. Dogs will never be left unattended in the suite. If I am home I am happy to pet sit for you on occasion.
5. They must never chase my cats and be well socialized and friendly with other dogs, especially if you intend for them to share the kennel with mine. If any of my animals are injured or become ill from an infectious disease your pet is a carrier of, you will be responsible for the veterinary costs associated with treatment.
6. Please use a leash at all times. We have lots of bunnies and squirrels that are very tempting to chase. Few yards in this area are fully fenced; most dogs are on an electrical containment system. If your dog wanders into a neighbor's yard, you are responsible if they are injured or if they injure a neighbors pet.
7. They must be crated while inside and are NEVER ALLOWED ON ANY OF THE FURNITURE OR CARPETED AREAS. I offer this as an allergen free area for guests so please respect the rules. THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS.
8. If a pet damages anything in the area, you will be 100% responsible for the actual repair and/or replacement costs. I will supply you with receipts of actual costs. I do have a black light for organic matter detection. If the rental area is not AS CLEAN as it was upon arrival, you will be responsible for a professional cleaning fee which generally runs about $300 and includes carpet shampooing – so please make sure there are no traces of your pets visit – no hair, no odor, no drool, no stains, no scratches, etc…
9. I have several sizes and styles of crates & x-pens for your use. I have a 20 x 20 x 6 steel outdoor kennel for you to use as well, but it would likely be shared with my dog during the daytime hours.
10. Our neighborhood as a whole frowns on barking dogs and neighbors will call without hesitation a Larimer Humane Society Officer to give a warning or fine for nuisance barking. If your dog tends to bark (inside or outside/crated or not), this will not be a good fit, I have no tolerance for barking.
I agree to all terms set form in the Pet Addendum. If requested I can supply a vaccination record for my pet. If my pet causes damage to this property, I will pay for 100% of the costs to repair/replace/clean the area. If my pet injures any person or other animal on the property or in a neighbor's property, a report will be filed with the Larimer County Humane Society as well as the Larimer County Sheriff's Department and host has the option of cancelling the reservation.