We have a wonderfully cozy and very private garden level suite to rent in a safe neighborhood in our south Fort Collins family home. It is 650 SF, recently renovated, and includes an 11 x 11 bedroom, 24 x 14 carpeted living area with gas fireplace and a full bath. Included is a small private kitchen that includes a microwave, convection/toaster oven, refrigerator, drip coffee maker, french press, and basic kitchen essentials. Although this is not a B & B, I do include coffee, tea, easy to prepare meals/snacks, a few drinks, etc... There are large windows in all rooms with new high quality window coverings and blackout blinds in the bedroom. It is furnished mostly in antiques. Included are a high quality queen mattress with luxurious pillows and linens, dresser, large closet with lots of extra bedding, small desk, brand new sleeper sofa with memory foam queen mattress (never know it is a sleeper sofa - they have come a long way), 2 swivel rocking chairs, small dining table, TV, stereo, DVD, games, books, movies, entertainment for kids, and wireless internet. There is a private entrance to the Suite through the garage and a shared laundry. This home is located just south of the Harmony and College (287) intersection near Fossil Creek Park. The updated home sits on a huge lot that backs to open space with a creek. It feels as though you are living on a larger acreage property and is very quiet. During the spring, summer and fall when the leaves are out, the neighbors' homes are just barely visible. It truly has one of the most private and heavily treed yards in Fort Collins. There is a garden area if you like to play in the garden, a two level deck with seating, a gas grill, horseshoe pit, volleyball/bat-mitten net, and a huge unfenced yard with a 20 x 20 x 6 ft. steel kennel. Currently there are pets in the home, but none have ever had access to the lower level so it is allergen free. I do allow dogs, but have a very strict policy and require a signed pet addendum/deposit.
We are located close to a city bus stop and there is a bike trail system at the end of my street that can link you to the entire city. I have two bikes (nothing fancy) available for you to use or you can check out a bike from the bike library in Old Town ((website hidden)). It is about 5 miles to Old Town via bike trail. We often ride down in the summer for dinner. CSU is about 2.5-3.0 miles.
I live about a 20+/- minute walk from the brand new South Transit Center. The Mason Corridor features Northern Colorado's first Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) system, known as MAX. BRT is similar to light rail transit and uses environmentally-friendly, modern rubber-tired vehicles. MAX operates faster than auto travel along College Avenue and provides ten minute departures during peak hours. MAX is designed to emphasize speed and convenience with an exclusive guideway and easy boarding. The new MAX BRT stations connect the Downtown Transit Center with the South Transit Center and incorporates high-quality passenger amenities including, real-time bus arrival information and Park-n-Rides along the corridor.
Fort Collins has been rated the number one place to live for a reason…
Outdoor activities galore, right out the door; abundant great restaurants, fantastic bike trail system throughout the city, varied entertainment venues, a wonderful Old Town area, lots of microbreweries, Colorado State University and the CSU Veterinary Teaching Hospital. Denver International Airport, Denver, Estes Park and Wyoming border are all about one hour away. I have lots of information and guide books and am happy to make reservations of any type for you.
Rent is by month, week or day. Damage deposit and cleaning fee apply to all stays. Three day minimum stay. Willing to work with your particular situation, please email with your specifics.
This is a vacation rental for anyone looking to be spoiled while visiting Fort Collins
Private suite with private entrance, off street parking and access to yard and deck.
Interaction with Guests
I let my guests determine the level of interaction they wish to have.
Located close to everything fun that Fort Collins has to offer, but home is in a very quiet established neighborhood with lots of mature trees, several creeks, open space, city parks, bike paths, etc... all within walking distance.
Bus service including the new Max is about a 20+/- minute walk from my suite but frequency and areas serviced is somewhat limited. Bike and walking paths are abundant throughout Fort Collins. There is taxi service and numerous rental car agencies are available. DIA does have shuttle service to Fort Collins, I prefer Greenride.
Other Things to Note
I am happy to stock a few things like coffee, tea, milk, etc... Please let me know a few days before your arrival if you have any special requests.
Please use common sense and leave the area as you found it, the following is simply to protect both you as a guest and me as a host.
1. Smoking is NOT allowed inside and only in a designated area in the back yard.
2. People other than those in the Guest Party set forth in the contract may not stay overnight in the property (unless express permission is granted by Homeowner/Host). Any other person on the property is the sole responsibility of the Guest.
3. The house is privately owned. The owner is not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowner/Host is not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the Guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
4. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order.
5. Only use appliances and furniture for their intended use.
6. Dogs are permitted only with prior approval from the host and the PET ADDENDUM must be completed upon arrival. The Pet Addendum is below, following the House Rules.
7. Parking is permitted on the property in the driveway or on the street.
8. Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service included in the rate. While linens, bath and kitchen towels are included in the house, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. Towels and linens are not permitted to be taken from the house. If you would like beach towels to take to the lake, please let me know and I can supply these. Maid service can be arranged if requested for an additional fee and will be done by a professional cleaning service or myself depending on the circumstances.
9. Heating/Cooling: Area is heated by hot water baseboard heat and the thermostat is located on living room wall by bedroom door. Keeping it at 65-72 is usually comfortable as the boiler is located on the lower level and emits quite a bit of heat itself. When leaving for the day, please lower to 60. The boiler is turned off in the summer and I do have a portable evaporative cooler for the summer if needed.
10. Please be gentle with the window coverings as they are heavy, go slow opening and closing and note that they open from both the top and bottom.
11. Please DO NOT flush anything other than toilet paper down the toilets. No feminine products should be flushed at any time. If it is found that anything else has been flushed down the toilet and clogs the sewer lines, you could be charged with the cost of the service call, up to $500.
12. Refunds/cancellation policy is outlined in AIRBNB Rental Agreement.
13. This is a family home, so please respect that fact and if partying all night is your thing, there are wonderful accommodations listed on AIRBNB in the Old Town area closer to the nightlife scene.
14. Quiet hours are from 10pm to 6am. If you are coming or going during those hours, please use walk through door and not automatic garage door opener because our bedrooms are directly above it and it is noisy.
15. Please let Homeowner/Host know if you wish to use grill on the deck. Homeowner/Host will show you how to turn on and off - MUST BE MOVED AWAY FROM HOUSE WHERE IT IS STORED BEFORE USE. DO NOT USE without Homeowner/Host permission and instruction.
16. Use extreme caution on deck/stairs at all times - there is no railing on lower level. In winter, it is very icy on deck because it is north facing.
17. If you venture into the open space behind the house, be very careful by the creek, especially in the spring, and NEVER let children go to the open space unattended.
19. When leaving the premises anytime, please turn off all lights, and double check that all appliances are off and/or unplugged. Never leave the windows open when you leave for the day, our weather can be unpredictable (smoke/flooding/wind/hail - all in the same day) and the elements could damage the interior. Please make sure all doors are securely shut, including the automatic garage door, it has often accidentally been left open by guests.
20. Guest/s shall allow Host access to the Guest area for purposes of repair and inspection if there is a need. Host shall exercise this right of access in a reasonable manner.
21. When leaving the property for the last time, please make sure you have left all of the dishes you used in drainer so that I can run them through the dishwasher and place soiled laundry in the bathtub. I ask that you please leave the premises as close to the condition you found it in as possible, your security deposit return depends on the condition you leave the property in when you leave. Leave key in lock box as you depart for the last time or as instructed by me. If you have been using a garage door opener, please leave it where you found it. If key or opener is missing, you will be responsible for re-keying both locks and or replacing the opener.
1. Dogs are permitted only with prior approval from the host and the PET ADDENDUM must be signed upon arrival.
2. There will be an additional $20 per week (or a stay less than a week) per pet.
3. Dogs must be current on all vaccinations. Required vaccinations are: Rabies, Bordetella, DA2PPVC, (Distemper, Adenovirus 2, Parainfluenza, Parvovirus and +/- Coronavirus ). Leptospirosis is highly recommended due to the wildlife, creeks, rivers and reservoirs that are in our area.
4. Dogs must be well socialized with people/children and well trained.
5. They must never chase my cats and be well socialized and friendly with other dogs, especially if you intend for them to share the kennel with mine. If any of my animals are injured or become ill from an infectious disease your pet is a carrier of, you will be responsible for the veterinary costs associated with treatment.
6. Please use a leash at all times. We have lots of bunnies and squirrels that are very tempting to chase. Few yards in this area are fully fenced; most dogs are on an electrical containment system. If your dog wanders in to their yard, you are responsible if they are injured or if they injure a neighbors pet.
7. They must be crated while inside and are NEVER ALLOWED ON ANY OF THE FURNITURE OR CARPETED AREAS. I offer this as an allergen free area for guests so please respect the rules. THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS.
8. If a pet damages anything in the area, you will be 100% responsible for the actual repair and/or cleaning costs. I will supply you with receipts of actual costs. I do have a black light for organic matter detection.
9. I have several sizes and styles of crates for your use. I have a 20 x 20 x 6 steel outdoor kennel for you to use as well, but it would likely be shared with my dog during the daytime hours. Our neighborhood frowns on barking dogs and may call a Larimer Humane Association Officer for nuisance barking, so if your dog tends to bark if left in a kennel, inside or out, please do not bring them.
I agree to all terms set form in the Pet Addendum. If requested I can supply a vaccination record for my pet. If my pet causes damage to this property, I will pay for 100% of the costs to clean and repair the area. If my pet injures any person or other animal on the property or in a neighbor’s property, a report will be filed with the Larimer County Humane Association as well as the Larimer County Sheriff’s Department.
LOCAL VETERINARY EMERGENCY CLINICS
Closest Clinic to house:
VCA Fort Collins Animal Hospital
4900 S. College Avenue, # 120, Fort Collins, CO 80525
Phone: (phone number hidden); Fax: (phone number hidden)
Hours: Mon - Thur 7:00 AM - 8:00 PM; Fri 7:00 AM - 6;00 PM; Sat 8:00 AM - 2:00 PM; Sun 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
After Hours Emergency Clinics &/or Specialty
Colorado State University Veterinary Teaching Hospital
300 Drake Road, Fort Collins, Colorado 80523
Phone: (phone number hidden)
Business Hours: 24/7
VCA Emergency Hospital
201 West 67th Court, Loveland, Colorado 80538
Phone: (phone number hidden)
Ft Collins Animal Emergency
816 Lemay Ave., Fort Collins, Colorado 80524
Phone: (phone number hidden); Fax: (phone number hidden)
My husband and I had a great stay in Senesa's apartment. Senesa was always helpful, considerate and responded quickly to any questions we had. Internet connection was good, a great variety of tea and coffee was provided for us, as well as additional food and household items to make us feel comfortable. The backyard borders a beautiful park and we enjoyed seeing the bunnies hopping around. Thank you Senesa for providing us with a great Fort Collins experience!
Staying here was a great experience! Senesa was available for questions, kept us informed, and she was caring and considerate. I especially appreciated the little touches such as leaving us a plate of yummy Christmas cookies and sweeping the snow off the walkway when she heard I was coming back from out of town. Definitely recommended and we'd stay here again!
The accommodation was very comfortable, we felt right at home. There were snacks and drinks available and everything was well organized and super cozy! I cannot say anything bad about Senesa's place. She went above and beyond our expectations and any other place will be hard to match up. If you want great hospitality, cozy feel and very accessible to downtown, this is the place for you!
Our stay was amazing! The house was clean, comfortable, and had everything we needed and more. Senesa was great at communicating leading up to our visit, during, and after while still giving us space an privacy. Wonderful friendly people with a beautiful home to ofer to visitors. We highly recommend this space for anyone looking to stay in Ft. Collins. Thank you Sanesa!
Staying with Senesa was great. The suite was very well-appointed, and she even asked before I came if I had any food requests! The neighborhood was very quiet, and the location was amazing. It was so easy to jump on the trails to Fossil Creek Park, or ride the MAX to Old Town from the South Transit Station.
We spent a wonderful week in Fort Collins. Senesa gave us a very warm welcome - we felt immediately like home in this calm and safe neighborhood.
Small details matter: Senesa had prepared some food in the fridge and we got any information we needed even before we knew we would need it.
We really enjoyed our trip and the barbecue in the sunset was awesome. Thank you!
I was raised on a 5th generation cattle ranch in rural Northeastern New Mexico. I enjoyed traveling when I was younger (still do of course - work just gets in the way) and spent a great deal of time in Mexico, Europe and 5 years on the island of Maui. I have always stayed in B & B’s or private vacation rental homes and think that it is hands down the best way to experience a vacation and to learn more about the area and the culture you are visiting.
After spending about ten years in Los Lunas NM - (starting a family, selling real estate and developing a keen interest in animal health and behavior), we made the move to Fort Collins in 2003 in order for me to obtain training to become a veterinary technician. I spent seven years working in veterinary ophthalmology and small animal internal medicine, and am currently working at the CSU Veterinary Teaching Hospital as their Service Excellence Client Liaison.
We moved into this home in 2010 because we had outgrown our townhome and wanted to stay in the same school district. It took about two years to find the perfect home for us and we were the lucky ones to happen to drive by when the Realtor was pounding the for sale sign into the yard and made the offer that night. It was a crazy blizzard when we looked at the house and we couldn't see anything out any of the windows and didn't know if there were any trees or even a yard behind the house. To our delight, when we came back to take a look around after the storm, we got a wonderful surprise; it has not only a huge yard, but tons of trees, a garden area, open space and a creek right behind the house.
We have been updating both the interior and exterior as well as doing a few landscaping projects each summer. We want to share our home with people visiting for both work and pleasure and hope that they will appreciate our home as much as we do.