About this listing
Please read the description very carefully and understand what I am offering. Although you do have the bedroom to yourself, it is not private room. The bathroom is shared and I have a screen set up across the bedroom door.
Welcome to Waikiki. I am offering the bedroom to any guest looking for a short vacation stay or lay over to a connecting flight. This is NOT a private bedroom because we need to pass through the bedroom to use the shared bathroom. My son and I live in the penthouse but we don't sleep in the bedroom (we sleep Japanese style in the living room). This penthouse is more than 40-floors above Honolulu, with a wide 180-degree view that overlooks the ocean and every structure within an eighth-mile. It offers an an especially wide ocean view from Waikiki Beach to Diamond Head.
The bedroom has:
Two full-size beds,
One nightstand w/lamp.
One nightstand w/hp printer
A closet with hangers, iron and ironing board.
50 inch 4K HDTV and Blue-Ray player.
The bathroom has:
Two sinks w/mirror.
The microfiber couch is positioned in the path of the afternoon sun. The living room has a AC. All the windows in the unit open, so you can take in the cool Hawaiian breeze that easily flows through a corner condo.
The kitchen is designed so you can sit and watch the ocean view from morning to sunset, and Oahu Ko'olau mountain range. There is a fire works show every Friday night at 7:45pm that you can view from the penthouse. The living room is comfortable with a microfiber couch, TV, Blu-ray player, with an assortment of the latest movies. There is a small bar for mixing drinks in the living room. The washer and dryer are just outside your front door and are shared with one neighbor.
On the 5th floor there is a large recreation deck with a BBQ grill and picnic tables. The building has a pool and a Jacuzzi for resident and guest use.
The building is also a hotel, so telling any taxi driver or shuttle driver the hotel name will always have them knowing where to go.
Walking time to nearby attractions:
0 minutes / In the lobby: breakfast restaurant, pizza pub ($1 drafts between 5pm and 6pm), sushi restaurant, convenience store, car rentals, arcade, asian message, 24-hour vending machines.
1 Minute: ABC (convenience) store, pharmacy, café, Ala Wai canal
3 Minutes: Another ABC store, café, lots of restaurants, bars, and lounges, Fort Derussy Park.
5 Minutes: Free street parking, grocery store, Starbucks, fashionable clothing stores
10 minutes: Convention Center, Waikiki nightlife,
15 Minutes: Ala Moana Center, Hilton and Sheraton beachfront, Ala Moana Beach Park, bigger grocery store
Public Transit Options:
The bus stop on the same block has buses that go west, all the way to the airport terminal, as well as east toward Hanauma Bay.
Car rental agencies are on the ground floor.
In-building parking is $25 (cash only) per 24 hours or $4 per hour.
Street parking is metered $4 per hour (free after 5:30pm and on weekends).
Very limited, but free and unmetered, street parking is within a 5 minute walk.
Once you arrive at the lobby you can use the pay phone to call me. I will come down to the main lobby and take you up to the penthouse. I will give you the key and any information you may need to know.
You can use your card key to access the Pool and Jacuzzi and BBQ Grill area on the 5th floor.
The Wi - Fi: network: Home password:120186yy
Interaction with Guests
(1) My son goes to school at Hickam Air Force Base, if you would like to see and visit the U S Military Air Force Base if can be arranged.
(2) Sometimes I invite friends over for a social party for guest to meet, so far this has worked out very nicely.
(3) I am very active with my son, so BBQ's at the beach, and any special event happening in Waikiki, guest are welcome to join us.
(4) On special nights when the sky is clear and the Moon is full, my son has a big telescope where you can view it.
(5) On weekends I take my son on nature walks along the beach to collect items to look at under his Microscope, if you are interested.
The building has the Honolulu Police positioned down stairs as a staging area for shift relief, and for any problems that may occur inside Waikiki Beach.
Other Things to Note
(1) The shower in the bathroom spikes from Hot to Cold, so please be careful and take a few more minutes to adjust to a comfortable temperature.
(2) The Parking in the building is $25 (cash only) per 24 hours. I do not have any management control over the Parking, the Parking is a privately owned company.
(1) Please keep your room clean (no open food left out ,or empty soda or beer cans).
(2) If you are only one guest please refrain from using both beds in the room.
(3) There will be no drunken wild parties in the penthouse, or drunkenness in your room.
(4) Extra guest hanging out all day and over night guest is not allowed.
(5) Please refrain from using the washer and dryer after 9:30pm.
(6) There is no playing loud music as these sounds are easily heard in the next neighboring unit.
(7) This penthouse is a private resident with a full kitchen. Please respect my property and do not treat my place as if you are in a Hotel.
(8) Please clean up after yourself and don't leave your dirty dishes and pots and pans from last night dinner still on the stove or table when you check out.
(9) Card Keys: This is a private resident, do not leave card keys at the front desk when checking out. Also these are not disposable card keys so please DO NOT THROW AWAY. Each card key cost me $20 to replace, so upon check out just leave them inside the room on the table.
(10) Do not rearrange the furniture.