KING BED in PRIVATE ROOM
100% Hard Core Holistic Healthy Lifestyle ECO Sanctuary! Supportive, clean, historic downtown 1954 architectural duplex with garden near the Las Vegas Strip, Convention Center and Downtown...
WORLDS away in vibe...
WELCOME to our urban homestead... holistic health oriented, Vegetarian, Vegan, Raw food Foodists, Organic Gardeners, Eco-Friendly, slow food, yoga, massage table, meditation, sober travel, 12 step, AA recovery, architectural preservation, artists, writers, dancers, musicians, performers, stage and ALL creative and healthy living folks visiting Las Vegas or downtown LasVegas, Las Vegas Convention Center, Zappos, Downtown Project, the Las Vegas Strip. We also try to accommodate guests with allergies or multiple chemical sensitivity mcs.
BEFORE YOU CONTACT US, Please have
1) Face photo + Detailed profile
2) Verified ID
3) Confirm you HAVE READ and agree to our House Rules...
IF YOU DO NOT DO THIS, I WILL DECLINE THE REQUEST. Apologies for the hassle, but Airbnb requires hosts to pre-approve/decline within 24 hours to maintain Superhost status. If you still wish to book with us, you are welcome to re-submit your reservation again (with a confirmation of the rules).
We have several spaces available!
This KING ROOM listing, plus the following:
PRIVATE TWIN ROOM
PRIVATE DOUBLE ROOM
PRIVATE QUEEN ROOM
• Secure High Speed Wireless Internet
• Organic Coffee and Tea
• Cold waters in fridge + Complimentary healthy snacks as available
• All indoor and outdoor living urban farm garden areas.
• Central Air Conditioning and Heat
• 1 bath with shower over tub (possibly SHARED)
• Linens provided
• Fully equipped kitchen with cookware, dishes and utensils provided
• Gas range (no microwave)
• Coffee Maker
• Fruit and Vegetable Juicer
• Vitamix Professional Blender
• Flat panel TV with Cable and DVD player
• Great stereo system with Bose speakers
• Library of fun movies (Frank Sinatra, Elvis, and more...)
• Outdoor firepit
• Rebounder and Gravity Machine – Inversion Table
• PING PONG TABLE!
• Washer and Dryer with Eco-safe detergents
• No Carpet. Tile Floors Throughout
• Blackout Drapes
• Free Street Parking is always available out front. Off street parking may be available depending on our occupancy.
Interaction with Guests
You choose the level of interaction YOU wish. We live in a separate house at the back of the property. We interact as much OR as little as YOU desire. We are happy to share our in depth knowledge of the city with you and we are available for historic architecture tours of old school vintage Las Vegas, sober coaching, nutrition assessment and raw food un-cooking or raw chocolate classes. Or you can be totally on your own with total privacy with your door closed the whole time :-). Because this is not a whole-house rental, we or our other guests may come in to use the yoga room or kitchen facilities from time to time.
We usually only host 1 guest at a time - so usually the bath is not shared and you have loads of privacy. However, there are 2 private bedrooms in this home. IF the other room is occupied, you will share the bathroom. IF you require a whole PRIVATE HOME without ANY sharing, we rent an entire house... please see our 'MID-CENTURY MODERN Health Sanctuary' listing.
Central, safe, urban homestead, historic, downtown adjacent, eclectic, Bohemian. Conveniently close to the action, but worlds away from the noise and hustle. Family friendly, gay friendly neighborhood near the Huntridge Theater District. Our WalkScore is a 72!
This restored home is part of a Historic Downtown 1950s architectural neighborhood designed by reknowned Los Angeles Case Study Program architect, A. Quincy Jones (F.A.I.A.)! The developers were Pardee Phillips. It is part of the historic core, then it transitioned to labor-force residents. Now it is transitional with artists and cultural leaders moving in.
Other perks in Las Vegas:
• World Class hiking and nature trails at Red Rock Canyon near Summerlin,
• Pine trees and waterfalls at Mount Charleston,
• Wetlands Park,
• Tule Springs pre-Columbian archeological site,
• Las Vegas Springs Preserve and more...
TELL ME MORE ABOUT VINTAGE VEGAS!
Your hostess wrote the seminal architecture tour guide, Mondo Vegas - Touring Mid Century Modern Las Vegas! We also have lots of guide books, magazines and maps and loads of info on visiting Los Angeles and Southern California in general. Our former vacation rental by owner property called "The Caddyshack" was voted the BEST Vintage Vegas rental in the city! Now at WholeWay Home we offer every amenity we can think of to have a winning stay in Classic Vintage Las Vegas style!
• 1.5 block walk to RTC 109 busline (direct to/from airport and to Downtown Transit Center)
• 3 block walk to SX (Sahara Express) line to the Strip
• .4 miles to Rainbow's End (health food store and restaurant)
• .5 miles to Albertson's and Smiths Markets
• .7 mile to Zagat Rated Lotus of Siam restaurant
• 1.1 miles to 'the Center'
• 1.4 miles to famous Las Vegas Blvd. Strip
• 1.4 miles to the First Friday Downtown Arts District!
• 1.9 miles to Downtown Project Container Park
• 2.0 miles to National Register El Cortez Hotel
• 2.1 miles from the Convention Center
• 2.2 miles to Zappos Headquarters
• 2.4 miles to Downtown 3rd Farmer's Market
• 2.6 miles to Wynn Resorts Hotel
• 2.7 miles to UNLV
• 2.9 miles to Palazzo Venetian Hotel
• 2.9 miles to the Smith Center
• 3.4 miles to Caesars Palace Hotel
• 3.7 miles to the Hard Rock Hotel
• 4 miles to MGM Aria and City Center
• 4.6 miles to the McCarran International Airport (LAS)
• 4.8 miles to the Rio Hotel
If we are available, we can offer you airport pickup for $30 and drop-off for $20. A cab may cost you more than that. Once you are here, depending on our availability, we may be able to offer you a ride nearby for free.
Other Things to Note
COMMON FAQ ANSWERS
• This is an URBAN environment, blocks from a major intersection, but this is a quiet street.
• The house and neighborhood are safe. It may look "rough" to the outsider, but due to the summer heat - very few people in Vegas take care of their yards properly - which sucks, BUT we do - and we live here and walk or ride bikes day or night!
• Guests come and go 24/7 (no curfews). But if you have housemates during your stay, be respectful of quiet hours.
• Check-In at 3 pm. YES, okay to drop your bags off earlier.
• Check-Out is 12 noon. YES, okay to leave bags at the house for rest of the day.
• Early Check-In OR late Check-Out is possible depending on availability.
• Budget discounts for guest(s) staying 1+month stays, repeat (returning) guests, military, veterans (THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!!!). Please ask.
We look forward to making your next stay in Las Vegas memorable and happy!
NEW TO AIRBNB?
This is NOT a "Hotel Room." There is no room service or maid service. You are expected to clean up after yourself and keep the house neat and clean during your entire stay. THIS IS A Private “ROOM” rental. It is like staying in a Bed and Breakfast... without the breakfast. Or like staying in an old fashioned "Rooming House" or "Boarding House." Your room is YOUR personal private space. The rest of the house (Living Room, Kitchen, Dining Room and Bathroom) is a Common Area.
temporary, corporate, stays, housing, executive, short term, non casino, stay, long term, living, supportive, educational environment, home, sober living, sobriety, aa, 12 step, 12 steps, rehab, program, treatment, facility, b&b, bed and breakfast, without the breakfast, snacks, house, LEED, Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design, U.S. Green Building Council, green, amenities, historic, preservation, vintage, architecture, Eichler, restoration, recycle, organic, sanctuary, spiritual, success, single story, Mid Century Modern, midmod, mid-mod, furnished, apartment, condo, high-rise, zappos, downtown, downtown project, convention center, the strip, private yard, garden, relocation, relocating, central, safe, place, location, family, friendly, Gay. lesbian, neighborhood, Huntridge, Theater, District, Urban, eclectic Historic Downtown, longer-term, vacations, adventurers, business, professional, academics, vintage, touring, tourist, tips, paleo, diet, westin price, nutribullet, superfood, Living Light, Tree of Life, Raw Spirit, Longevity Now, Raw Living Expo, Gabriel Cousens, David Wolfe, Green Smoothie Girl, Health Force, Nutrition, veganic, green living, Elvis, Frank Sinatra, Rat Pack, Sammy Davis Jr., Dean Martin, Cosmopolitan Hotel, SLS vibe
WholeWay Home aims to be GMO FREE, CHEMICAL-FREE & MOLD-FREE. We do not have a microwave. We do not use any pesticides on property and our garden is veganic. We use Organic earth-friendly cleaning products, Organic Teas and Coffee, 100% Cotton towels and sheets, HEPA vacuum, Air filters, Low-flush toilets and Adjustable Low Flow Shower Heads. We use Planet soap. Per their website they are: "Hypo-Allergenic, Certified 100% Biodegradable, Not Tested On Animals, Free From Animal Ingredients, Unscented And Uncolored, Packaged In Recycled Content Containers, Non-Toxic To Aquatic Life, Safe For Septic Systems, Phosphate Free, Free of Nonylphenol Ethoxylates (NPEs)" + Borax on our linens. No softeners or anything else.
1. WHEN YOU REQUEST A ROOM, please confirm you have READ these House Rules... and understand that this is a health-oriented location, not a 'party' house.
2. We expect you to maintain a minimal-alcohol (glass of wine or a beer is fine - just not 5 bottles of Jack Daniels please!) within in our home. There is enough of that to go around in this city. We offer something different where you come to sleep and relax.
3. Please confirm that you understand this is a vegetarian home. What you eat off-site is your business. But please no animal flesh (cows, chickens or fish) on premises. Milk, eggs and cheese are totally fine.
4. Absolutely No Pets.
5. No smoking.
6. No drugs or pharmaceuticals allowed.
7. Guest is responsible for doing their own dishes and cleaning up after themselves immediately. No leaving dirty dishes in sink or on counters.
8. Please limit eating to kitchen, dining and outdoor patio areas.
9. Visitor Policy: NO visitors or guests.
10. We offer this property as an ALLERGEN FREE home. Guests are requested to not bring artificially flavored, colored, fragrance, genetically modified (GMO) items or potential allergens into the home. Guests will be asked to remove these items from the premises.
These rules are general guidelines and do not encompass all polite conduct that is acceptable. Guests are expected to use common sense and decency.
Great location, the B&B was clean and quiet. In case you forgot something Anand and Mason provided top quality toiletries and beverages. They were very polite and kind and offered great tips about the area. I wouldn't hesitate to book with them again.
This place is RAD! Anand and Mason are such great hosts. They keep the place very clean and lived up to their healthy/holistic standards. They provided things such as soap and the like, fresh lemons and water. They were respectful of privacy, it was a quiet oasis away from the strip, and I felt very safe in their place. I couldn't have asked for a better place to stay in Vegas. It's so great that there is someone who caters to healthy human beings who support vegetarian lifestyles. I would definitely come back!
I rented both this room and the adjacent room. We also had use of the living room and kitchen and meditation room. They've got two exercise machines and exercise ball as well. We cooked a lot of great meals and had total privacy. Anand and Mason were also working on a lot of improvements to the landscape around the house - looked beautiful when we left! A great place to stay !
This host has 29 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
We love to travel and to host fellow eco-oriented travelers. We run a 'Conscious Eating' Meetup that lists many healthy fun things to do in Las Vegas: yoga, 12 step, farmer's markets, gardens, hikes, spas, gourmet restaurants and more...
We were both born in Los Angeles where we became Historic Architecture Fans. Anand started a seminal preservation website LottaLiving and was tour captain at the Eames House. We restored a 1964 Eichler Home designed by Jones and Emmons that was in movies and TV and eventually became a historic landmark! We have since restored several homes in Las Vegas including Palmer and Krisel and A.Quincy Jones homes.
Professionally speaking, Anand is a User Experience Architect and Creative Director. She is a Certified Raw Food Nutritionist and is an ordained Essene. Raw Chef Mason Green, graduated from Living Light Culinary Institute. He is a former Sound Professional (with credits on movies like Titanic!) and you can hear him play Live Jazz every week in Downtown Las Vegas.