About this listing
READ HOUSE RULES!
Quiet, Clean, Healthy Lifestyle VEGETARIAN Sanctuary
HISTORIC CORE Downtown Las Vegas 1950s architecture garden duplex
Close to Las Vegas Strip and Convention Center.
WORLDS away in vibe.
Sip your morning tea with a view of the garden from a Vintage dining table with Eames chairs straight (from SHIPS Coffee Shop in Culver City.)
PLEASE READ THE HOUSE RULES!!!
PLEASE READ THE HOUSE RULES!!!
PLEASE READ THE HOUSE RULES!!!
We are a raw food chef and nutritionist who are pleased to share private rooms in our large central home to month stay or longer term visitors to Las Vegas. Please tell us what your unique needs are.
HISTORIC CORE Downtown Las Vegas 1950s architecture garden duplex. Close to the Las Vegas Strip and the Las Vegas Convention Center. WORLDS away in vibe.
WELCOME to our urban homestead... holistic health oriented, peaceful, relaxing, Vegetarian, Vegan, Raw food Foodists, Organic Gardeners, Eco-Friendly, slow food, yoga, massage table, meditation, sober travel, 12 step, AA recovery, architectural preservation, artists, actors, writers, dancers, musicians, performers, stage and ALL creative and healthy living folks visiting Las Vegas or downtown LasVegas, Las Vegas Convention Center, Zappos, Downtown Project, the Las Vegas Strip. We also try to accommodate guests with allergies or multiple chemical sensitivity mcs.
We also have these rooms:
PRIVATE TWIN ROOM airbnb.com/rooms/905659
PRIVATE 2 TWIN ROOM airbnb.com/rooms/857171
PRIVATE QUEEN ROOM airbnb.com/rooms/668147
• Secure High Speed Wireless Internet
• All indoor and outdoor living urban farm garden areas.
• Central Air Conditioning and Heat
• 1 bath with shower over tub (SHARED)
• Linens provided
• Fully equipped vegetarian/vegan kitchen with cookware, dishes and utensils provided, Gas range (no microwave), Coffee Maker
• VITAMIX Professional Blender + Fruit and Vegetable Juicer
• Flat panel TV with Cable and DVD player, stereo system
• Library of fun movies, healthy documentaries, good music (Frank Sinatra, Elvis, Thrive, etc)
• Outdoor firepit with wood
• Access to yoga room with Rebounder and Gravity Machine – Inversion Table, and Infrared Sauna.
• PING PONG TABLE!
• Washer and Dryer with Eco-safe detergents
• No Carpet. Tile Floors Throughout
• Blackout Drapes
• Free Street Parking always available out front. Off street parking may be available depending on our occupancy.
Interaction with Guests
We live and work on site. So we may see each other coming and going now and then. We interact only as much as a guest desires: frequently or not. Because this is NOT a whole-house rental, we or our other guests may come in to use the kitchen and/or the yoga room from time to time.
We usually host 1 guest at a time - so the bath may not be shared. However, IF the other room is occupied, you WILL share the bathroom.
1) Need a Recovery Coach or Health Coach to support you? Let us help you with addictive behaviors (alcoholic, drug, opiate, workaholic, sugar, depression, anxiety, cravings, pain, insomnia, and more…)
2) DISCOVER VINTAGE VEGAS! Your hostess, wrote the seminal architecture tour guide, Mondo Vegas - Touring Mid Century Modern Las Vegas! We have provided multiple tours for private groups and for the Neon Museum, World Market Center, Cultural Heritage Commission and Visitors and Convention Center Bureau. We can offer YOU customized "insider" tour guide services.
This restored home is part of a Historic Downtown Las Vegas Core: a 1950s architectural neighborhood designed by reknowned Los Angeles Case Study Program architect. It is a central urban homestead, historic, downtown-adjacent, eclectic, Bohemian. Conveniently close to the action, but worlds away from the noise and hustle. Family friendly, gay friendly neighborhood near the Huntridge Theater District. Our WalkScore is a 72!
The house and neighborhood are safe. It may look "rough" to the outsider, but due to the summer heat, very few people in Vegas take care of their yards properly - which sucks, BUT we live here and walk or ride bikes day or night!
Please check out our Airbnb Guidebook with TONS of local things to do!
LOCATION AND DISTANCES:
• 1.5 block walk to RTC 109 busline (direct to/from airport and to Downtown Transit Center)
• 3 block walk to SX (Sahara Express) line to the Strip
• .4 miles to Rainbow's End (health food store and restaurant)
• .5 miles to Albertson's and Smiths Markets
• .7 mile to Zagat Rated Lotus of Siam restaurant
• 1.1 miles to 'the Center'
• 1.4 miles to famous Las Vegas Blvd. Strip
• 1.4 miles to the First Friday Downtown Arts District!
• 1.9 miles to Downtown Project Container Park
• 2.0 miles to National Register El Cortez Hotel
• 2.1 miles from the Convention Center
• 2.2 miles to Zappos Headquarters
• 2.4 miles to Downtown 3rd Farmer's Market
• 2.5 miles to the Las Vegas World Market Center - Design Center
• 2.6 miles to Wynn Resorts Hotel
• 2.7 miles to UNLV
• 2.9 miles to Palazzo Venetian Hotel
• 2.9 miles to the Smith Center
• 3.4 miles to Caesars Palace Hotel
• 3.7 miles to the Hard Rock Hotel
• 4 miles to MGM Aria and City Center
• 4.6 miles to the McCarran International Airport (LAS)
• 4.8 miles to the Rio Hotel
NATURE LOVER PERKS
• 5 miles to the Las Vegas Springs Preserve Botanical Garden (110 acres that are home to the largest collection of Mojave Desert cacti and succulent plants, wildlife habitats, walking and biking trails, and educational resources.)
• 8 miles to seminal bird watching at Wetlands Park
• 20 miles to America's newest National Monument: Tule Springs pre-Columbian archeological site
• 24 miles to World Class hiking and nature trails at Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area (near Summerlin)
• 42 miles to cool summertime hikes in pine trees with seasonal waterfalls at Mount Charleston
TO AND FROM THE AIRPORT
If we are available, we can offer you airport pickup for $30 and drop-off for $20. A cab may cost you more than that. Once you are here, depending on our availability, we may be able to offer you a ride nearby for free!
VINTAGE VEGAS TOURS!
Your hostess wrote the seminal architecture tour guide, Mondo Vegas - Touring Mid Century Modern Las Vegas! (We also have lots of guide books, magazines and maps and loads of info on visiting Los Angeles and Southern California in general.) We have provided multiple tours for both private groups and for the Neon Museum, World Market Center, Cultural Heritage Commission and Visitors and Convention Center Bureau. We can offer YOU customized "insider" tour guide services if you are interested in seeing a bit of old school vintage historic Las Vegas.
Other Things to Note
COMMON FAQ ANSWERS
• This is an URBAN environment, blocks from a major intersection, but this is a quiet street.
• Guests come and go 24/7 (no curfews). But be respectful of standard quiet hours.
• Check-In at 3 pm. YES, it's okay to drop your bags off earlier.
• Check-Out is 12 noon. YES, it's okay to leave bags at the house for rest of the day.
• Early Check-In OR late Check-Out is possible depending on availability.
• Discounts for guest(s) staying 1+month stays, repeat (returning) guests, military, veterans (THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!!!). Please ask.
We look forward to making your next stay in Las Vegas memorable and happy!
NEW TO AIRBNB?
This is NOT a "Hotel Room." There is no room service or maid service. (You may pay for an in-between cleaning if you like.) You are expected to clean up after yourself and keep the house neat and clean during your entire stay. THIS IS A Private “ROOM" rental. Like a Bed and Breakfast... without breakfast. Or an old fashioned "Rooming House" or "Boarding House." Your room is YOUR personal private space. The rest of the house (Living Room, Kitchen, Dining Room and Bathroom) is a Common Area. You may or may not be sharing a bath depending on our occupancy. We try to let you know ahead of time if we get another booking for the adjacent room and if the bath will be shared.
WholeWay Home aims to be GMO FREE, CHEMICAL-FREE & MOLD-FREE. We do not have a microwave. We do not use any pesticides on property. Our garden is veganic. We use Organic earth-friendly cleaning products, 100% Cotton towels and sheets, HEPA vacuum, Air filters, Low-flush toilets and Adjustable Low Flow Shower Heads. We use Planet soap. Per their website they are: "Hypo-Allergenic, Certified 100% Biodegradable, Unscented And Uncolored, Packaged In Recycled Content Containers, Non-Toxic, Safe For Septic Systems, Phosphate Free, Free of Nonylphenol Ethoxylates (NPEs)" + Borax on our linens. No softeners or anything else.
temporary, corporate, stays, housing, executive, short term, non casino, stay, long term, living, supportive, educational environment, home, sober living, sobriety, aa, 12 step, 12 steps, rehab, program, treatment, facility, b&b, bed and breakfast, without the breakfast, snacks, house, LEED, Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design, U.S. Green Building Council, green, amenities, historic, preservation, vintage, architecture, Eichler, restoration, recycle, organic, sanctuary, spiritual, success, single story, Mid Century Modern, midmod, mid-mod, furnished, apartment, condo, high-rise, zappos, downtown, downtown project, convention center, the strip, private yard, garden, relocation, relocating, central, safe, place, location, family, friendly, Gay. lesbian, neighborhood, Huntridge, Theater, District, Urban, eclectic Historic Downtown, longer-term, vacations, adventurers, business, professional, academics, vintage, touring, tourist, tips, paleo, diet, westin price, nutribullet, superfood, Living Light, Tree of Life, Raw Spirit, Longevity Now, Raw Living Expo, Gabriel Cousens, David Wolfe, Green Smoothie Girl, Health Force, Nutrition, veganic, green living, Elvis, Frank Sinatra, Rat Pack, Sammy Davis Jr., Dean Martin, Cosmopolitan Hotel, SLS vibe, world market center, las vegas design center, magic show, LGBT, pension, pensione, penzione, lodging, boarding house, rooming house
Our former vacation rental by owner property called "The Caddyshack" was voted the BEST Vintage Vegas rental in the city! Now at WholeWay Home we offer every amenity we can think of to have a winning stay in Classic Vintage Las Vegas style!
1) HAVE A RECENT and CLEAR FACE PHOTO.
2) HAVE A DETAILED DESCRIPTION PARAGRAPH ABOUT WHO YOU ARE. We like to know who will be staying in our home. So describe who you are and what do you like to do. Airbnb is about building friendships across the planet. You know about us now... Let us get to know you!
3) THIS IS A STRICT VEGETARIAN HOME. What you eat off-site is your own business. But NO animal flesh OR LEFTOVERS (cows, chickens or fish) when you come back to our house. However, milk, eggs and cheese are FINE.
4) THIS IS NOT A PARTY HOUSE. IF you plan to be drinking and partying in Vegas – this is NOT the house for you, please move along. ANY guest who comes home inebriated WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE the following day. A glass of wine or beer is totally fine in the house – but not a 5th of Whiskey.
5) NO smoking and NO recreational pharmaceuticals.
6) NO pets.
7) NO visitors. NO guests.
8) Guest is responsible for doing their own dishes and cleaning up after themselves IMMEDIATELY. And in order to keep the bathroom neat and tidy, we request that you keep your toiletries in your room. We provide bath baskets if you need one.
9) This property as a GMO-FREE (genetically modified organisms) and ALLERGEN FREE home. Guests may NOT bring any artificially flavored, colored, heavy fake fragrance or other potential allergens into the home. You will be asked to remove them or put them away. This means no HFCS Coca Cola drinks (we care about you ~ and you deserve to treat your body better than that!) PLEASE LEAVE ALL the typical fake-fragrance Mainstream Cosmetic items AT HOME. Read labels and keep it real folks! :-) We have wonderful product samples from the Natural Products Expo and may be able to provide healthier versions of whatever you require.
10) These rules are general guidelines. Guests are expected to be polite and respectful and use their common sense and adhere to the Golden Rule.
11) Most Important: You are staying in our personal private home, NOT an anonymous hotel room. IF YOU WANT TO STAY WITH US – PLEASE PUT the secret word PEEWEE in your note - so we will know that you actually read these rules :-) We decline ALL inquiries that do not have the secret word.