About this listing
omantic cottage in the Danish country side located at beautiful Sealand's Point.
This authentic house dates back to 1871 and was originally a smallholding or the home of fisherman and his family. But today it's a restored summer home suitable for visitors who would likes to spend their holiday close to nature and the sea.
The house is located on a point with the sea just 300 meters to the south and 700 meters to the north.
The house has a sunny, green and closed garden facing south and a large patio in front of the house.
With 105 square meters plus a small guest house this place will easily accommodate 8-10 people.
The house features a dining room, a living room, kitchen with the cooking facilities you'll need, a small bathroom and 4 bedrooms of various sizes.
This is area is very suitable for outdoor activities. The countryside is perfect for hiking, mountain biking, kayak, fishing etc. The sea side is five minutes away by foot. There are bikes for adults and children in the house.
Copenhagen is 1,5 hour drive and the ferry to Jutland/Aarhus is just 10 minutes away. There is small port close by with a supermarket and renowned fish market.
If you are looking for luxury, a 100 TV channels and a spa you should go somewhere else. This is the place to go if you wan't to spend your vacation in romantic country house with a unique atmosphere.
- NO fire near the house! The roof is thatched with straw.
- No smoking inside the house.
- At the eastern end of the house there is a ladder leading up to the window on the first floor. Do NOT remove the ladder. It's the fire escape route from the first floor. The window will open wide and allow for people to climb out the window and down the ladder.
- Take care when using the trampoline – use is at your own risk. Do not let you kids run bare feet in the area behind the trampoline.
- In general it's a good idea to wear shoes when you play in the garden. There can be small rocks and rubbles, roots and pine cones hiding in the grass.
- Like anywhere else in Denmark there can be ticks in the grass. So check your children before they go to bed.
- You can use the fireplace in the house if you like. Build a small fire using small pieces of wood and a handful of the brown briquets in the bucket next to the fire place. Lit the fire and keep the door slightly ajar until the glass is burning hot (around 10 minutes). Then close the door tight. Behind the lid below the glass is a handle - make sure it's pulled as far as it goes. Don't use too much wood - just keep burning one or two medium sized pieces of wood at a time. There is more wood on the north side of the annex-building. If you need an axe you'll find it in the shed/garage.
- The key to the shed are just to the right of the entrance door below the electricity thing.
- In the shed you'll find bicycles, tools etc. The connection/clutch for the black bicycle trailer is on the table in the shed.
- Feel free to use toys you may find in the house - there is a little bit of outdoor toys in the annex, badminton etc.
Wir verbrachten eine Woche im Haus von Claus und fühlten uns dort sehr wohl. Die Wohnräume sind grosszügig und mit allem ausgestattet, was wir brauchten. Wir haben auch den Garten sehr genossen. Das Haus ist gut gelegen, in wenigen Gehminuten waren wir am Strand. Leider war das Wetter zu kühl zum Baden. Claus war jederzeit erreichbar und sehr hilfsbereit und hat uns mit vielen nützlichen Informationen versorgt. Die Schlafzimmer waren etwas überfüllt mit zusätzlichen Matratzen und Plaids.
We had a great stay in this lovely cabin!! Very suitable for famliy with small kids. They just loved the garden with all its "playfullness". We will recommend this to every one!
The reservation was canceled 101 days before arrival. This is an automated posting.
Vi havde en dejlig ferie i Claus' sommerhus. Huset er hyggeligt indrettet, der er en stor terrasse og en have med gode muligheder for børn. Man føler sig rigtig godt tilpas. Claus har været meget imødekommende og hjælpsom og er kommet med gode tips til aktiviteter i området.
We stayed in Claus house for 8 days and had a wonderful time. The house is really charming with all the original details of an house of this age. The eclectic mix of antique scandinavian-styled furniture is just beautyful. As you can hardly see on the photos there is a big terrace and a garden with lots of places to hang out. Also, if you travel with kids there is things to play with like a trampoline, a swing or a ropeway. The house is quit big and as other guests mentioned before there is space for at least 6 to 8 people. The bathroom is fairly small and basic but ok.
The area around the house is just beautyful with lots of water to swim, surf, sail or kayak. There is different kind of beaches, for people with small kids there is nice and flat sandy beaches nearby.
Claus is a nice host. Although being himself in Italy during our stay he was available and helpful all the time.
We had a wonderful stay at that old and nice house! Thanks a lot Claus for your help!
This host has 2 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Claus Thor
Hey, my name is Claus Thor and I live with my wife an two daugthers in a town house in a charming part of central Copenhagen. We have a house in the countryside and therefore we offer our town house for rent to nice and friendly families visiting Copenhagen. I'll be there in person when you arrive at our house just to make sure that everything is ok and make sure that you are settled well.
Oh, our summer home is up for grabs as well: https://www.airbnb.dk/rooms/966063