About this listing
This romantic cottage is spacious and ideal for one or two families who would like a stay in an authentic house close by the sea. Very child friendly with a trampoline, various toys and a closed garden.
omantic cottage in the Danish country side located at beautiful Sealand's Point.
This authentic house dates back to 1871 and was originally a smallholding or the home of fisherman and his family. But today it's a restored summer home suitable for visitors who would likes to spend their holiday close to nature and the sea.
The house is located on a point with the sea just 300 meters to the south and 700 meters to the north.
The house has a sunny, green and closed garden facing south and a large patio in front of the house.
With 105 square meters plus a small guest house this place will easily accommodate 8-10 people.
The house features a dining room, a living room, kitchen with the cooking facilities you'll need, a small bathroom and 4 bedrooms of various sizes.
This is area is very suitable for outdoor activities. The countryside is perfect for hiking, mountain biking, kayak, fishing etc. The sea side is five minutes away by foot. There are bikes for adults and children in the house.
Copenhagen is 1,5 hour drive and the ferry to Jutland/Aarhus is just 10 minutes away. There is small port close by with a supermarket and renowned fish market.
If you are looking for luxury, a 100 TV channels and a spa you should go somewhere else. This is the place to go if you wan't to spend your vacation in romantic country house with a unique atmosphere.
- NO fire near the house! The roof is thatched with straw.
- No smoking inside the house.
- At the eastern end of the house there is a ladder leading up to the window on the first floor. Do NOT remove the ladder. It's the fire escape route from the first floor. The window will open wide and allow for people to climb out the window and down the ladder.
- Take care when using the trampoline – use is at your own risk. Do not let you kids run bare feet in the area behind the trampoline.
- In general it's a good idea to wear shoes when you play in the garden. There can be small rocks and rubbles, roots and pine cones hiding in the grass.
- Like anywhere else in Denmark there can be ticks in the grass. So check your children before they go to bed.
- You can use the fireplace in the house if you like. Build a small fire using small pieces of wood and a handful of the brown briquets in the bucket next to the fire place. Lit the fire and keep the door slightly ajar until the glass is burning hot (around 10 minutes). Then close the door tight. Behind the lid below the glass is a handle - make sure it's pulled as far as it goes. Don't use too much wood - just keep burning one or two medium sized pieces of wood at a time. There is more wood on the north side of the annex-building. If you need an axe you'll find it in the shed/garage.
- The key to the shed are just to the right of the entrance door below the electricity thing.
- In the shed you'll find bicycles, tools etc. The connection/clutch for the black bicycle trailer is on the table in the shed.
- Feel free to use toys you may find in the house - there is a little bit of outdoor toys in the annex, badminton etc.