About This Listing
Ian's Room is a bright, comfortable bedroom with queen-sized bed that will ensure a good night's sleep. Shared full and half bathrooms, fully equipped kitchen, living room with wood-burning fireplace, dining room, breakfast/family room, and laundry room (limited hours, currently 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.)
While breakfast is not included, there are numerous bagel and coffee shops within about a 10-minute walk. We do invite you to kick back with complimentary morning coffee or tea, or relax after a big day with your own happy hour in our fantastic yard, garden, and patio, with a huge dining deck overlooking it all (you can buy wine and beer at the nearby Whole Foods grocery store, and those items plus spirits at Plain Old Pearson's across the street from Whole Foods.)
Housemates include our two indoor/outdoor cats. They have their own cat door, but prefer to use the big doors whenever anyone who looks willing to be a doorman is near. While we do not own a dog, on infrequent occasions, we may be keeping a dog when his owner is out of town. If you would not want to stay with a dog in the house, please contact me before booking to see whether we would be keeping a dog during your stay.
If you have a car and need parking, we can provide a visitor's parking permit for $15/day.
Within a 10-minute walk, you will find Whole Foods grocery store, Giant Foods grocery store, numerous restaurants, coffee shops, bars, and drug stores. It's about a one-mile walk to Georgetown University and to American University. You can walk past the Vice President's residence and down Embassy Row, or run/walk on the nearby Glover Park trail (no cars or bikes on this trail.) Many bus routes are 1 to 3 blocks away, and they get you to Dupont Circle or Georgetown in 10 minutes, Foggy Bottom in 20 minutes, and to the Smithsonian museums in 25 to 30 minutes.
* Laundry room access is limited to the hours of 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m., with hours subject to change (changes will be posted onsite.)
* No smoking on the property, including the deck and patio. Please do not discard cigarette butts on the sidewalk or lawn of our home or our neighbors.
* Check-in 3:00 p.m. or later, check-out by 11:00 a.m. unless other arrangements are made. Please let us know in advance of your estimated arrival time.
* Visitors (who are not registered guests) are limited to the first floor of the house; only registered guests are allowed on the upper floors.
* You are welcome to come and go at whatever hours suit you, but to make a quieter entry late at night or departure early in the morning, please remove your shoes...our hardwood floors can be noisy!
* Please note that you will be responsible for any damages and losses to our home and property that are caused by acts or ommissions of yourself and your invitees. You will be required to pay me for any such losses. (Airbnb requires hosts to give guests this notice in order for the host to be protected by the Airbnb Host Guarantee.)
Teresa and her husband gave us a very warm and comfortable welcome. She explains room instruction in details. Her kitchen is quite full-equipped. The cat is quiet. I love the surroundings nearby. Location is not far from attaction. People could choose bus or cab.
Very clean, quiet room and spotless bathroom with a nice big shower. Teresa and her husband are very welcoming and friendly. Their place is a bit far from Dupont and Foggy Bottom, with no subway access and bus service unreliable even during morning rush hour. However, they're close to a bunch of fun restaurants so it's a great location if you're in DC for vacation.
We were very pleased with the location of Ian's Room because it was very close to American University which allowed us to be on time for my son's graduation festivities. The neighborhood of this airbnb is very quiet and very safe and nice for a morning walk. There are stores within walking distance as well if you don't want to drive. We didn't look into public transportation from here but there are busses nearby. After returning our first evening we were greeted with a class of wine and watched the Rangers beat the Capitals with our hosts (sorry). Not to add injury to insult but I heard last night that the Rangers move onto to the next round. Sorry Capitals :-( Maybe next time. The room was large enough for both of us with amble sized closet and dresser, a small fridge and also a makeup station for my girlfriend. The bathroom was right next door which again was large enough with a very nice large walk-in shower. Coffee was served in the morning which got us going for the day.
Host reached out to give me key. Room is upstairs...clean..very comfortable bed...good bathroom shared...only problem was loud vacuuming when I was trying to sleep about 9:30 pm ....healthy walk to Woodsley Park Metro and to American University..safe and comfortable ..would stay again..thank you!
This host has 273 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Teresa
I am a somewhat gregarious middle-aged PhD/JD Nebraska native, mother of a teenager, working at home after many years in the House of Representatives, the Senate, the Clinton Administration, and running a nonprofit organization. Reid, my Canadian husband, and I enjoy sharing our home with people from all over the world.