Cape cod style large two-story townhouse in one of the best neighborhoods of Los Angeles (whole one-bedroom home to yourself!). Blocks from the beach and Main Street, walking distance to Abbott Kinney. One bedroom, one and 1/2 bath. Large living and dining area with full kitchen. Fully stocked and decorated, many amenities. The bed sleeps two, and I can also offer a nice blow up single mattress. Views of the city from the bedroom, and open the window to a wonderful ocean breeze.
- outdoor patio
- free street parking
- towels, sheets
- full kitchen
- wireless internet
- elliptical machine
Walking distance from:
- the beach.
- Main Street (restaurants, bars, boutiques)
- Abbott Kinney (very trendy restaurants, bars, boutiques)
- Main Street Farmers' market (Sunday)
- Venice Farmers' market (Friday)
- Ocean Front Walk
- the Venice canals
- Third Street Promenade
- Santa Monica Pier
- Whole Foods
- Rose Ave. restaurants
My home is located right on the border of Santa Monica and Venice. From wikipedia:
Santa Monica is a beachfront city in western Los Angeles. Situated on Santa Monica Bay, it is bordered on three sides by the city of Los Angeles — Pacific Palisades on the northwest, Brentwood on the north, West Los Angeles on the northeast, Mar Vista on the east, and Venice on the southeast. Santa Monica is home to executives and Hollywood celebrities amongst others and it is a mixture of affluent, single-family neighborhoods, renters, surfers, young professionals, and students.
Venice is a beachfront neighborhood in the Westside of the city of Los Angeles. It is known for its canals, beaches and circus-like Ocean Front Walk, a two-and-a-half-mile pedestrian-only promenade that features performers, fortune-tellers, artists, and vendors. Venice was home to some of Los Angeles' early beat poets and artists and has served as an important cultural center of the city.
Simple: This is my home. Please treat it as you'd hope from a guest in your home.
No smoking, no pets. Always lock the door handle lock from the inside before leaving.
Additional rules: Unfortunately after my first airbnb experience, I had to add the following rules:
- This is my home. Though I charge a cleaning fee, I often get home the same day you leave. This means I spend a day or two here before it is cleaned. Please consider that when deciding what condition to leave things the house and bathrooms in when you leave.
- Please take out your trash when you leave. The trash cans are in the garage area (down the stairs between the bike rack and the front gate).
- Please rinse off dishes before putting them in the dishwasher so I don't come home to gross things caked to the plates.
- Do not use a fork or knife to scrape food out of the pans, leaving permanent damage.
- Please tell me if you break something. I am very reasonable, and will appreciate your honesty.
- The entire complex is no-smoking according to rules by the City of Santa Monica. This means that there is no smoking in the unit OR in the shared courtyard. Any smoking is subject to a $250 penalty.
- Please do not sleep on the downstairs couch.
- If you go to the beach, please use the showers near the public bathrooms there to rinse off the sand before returning home.
- Please do not eat food I've left in the freezer, or drink my wine.
Thank you and enjoy your stay!!
Great location in Santa Monica. Danielles place is beautifully decorated and very clean. Kitchen amenities great if you want to cook. House is provided with great essentials good for traveller's. Very safe location too. Best spot in Santa Monica!!!!
The property is ideally located, within walking distance to the beach, the shops on main, exhale yoga studio, whole foods and cafe's on rose such as cafe gratitude.
The apartment was very clean and tastefully decorated, and spans two floors with the bedroom on the second level. Danielle was lovely and greeted us with a very late arrival.
It is worth noting that the bedroom has a fold out sofa bed.
Best location, charming and welcome owner, sweet townhouse, very cosy, you can find everything you need. Super clean place. Best experience in Airbnb.
Beautiful home very convenient to everything in Santa Monica. Street parking was a breeze. Danielles house is also wonderfully decorated with some very cool artwork. My only (minor) complaint might be that I was not prepared for a pull out bed. I realize it is stated in the description so it is definitely my own oversight -just be sure not to overlook that aspect. That said it was a very comfortable pullout-so it all worked out.
We didn't utilize the kitchen but it was very well kept and would be a great place to whip up some meals if we had stayed longer.
The reservation was canceled 23 days before arrival. This is an automated posting.
Danielle was a great host! She was a pleasure to deal with and very accomidating.
Her home was absolutely lovely! It was clean, cozy, quiet, and beautifully decorated.
The location is terrific being only blocks from Main Street which has a ton of cafés, restaurants and yoga & fitness studios. I didn't have a car during my stay and I didn't feel as if I needed one.
I loved my stay and I highly recommend Danielle's lovely home! -Janine (NYC transplant:)
I have spent 2 weeks on my own in Danielle's flat in November and I absolutely loved it!
At first I was impressed as the flat was perfectly tidy and clean, nicely decorated.
Danielle was extremely friendly and even though I did not get to meet her, she always made sure that I was doing fine.
Everything was well thought and greatly organised, and I felt home from the very first second!
I was reading other comments that mentioned noises in the street - luckily nothing that I experienced. I was also worried about the sofa bed - being a light sleeper and as I came for a yoga training, I rather needed good nights sleep! but everything went fine and even though, yes, it is less comfortable than a real bed - I had great nights sleep.
Location wise: the flat is at short walking distance from all the mains: Wholefood, Gratitude & moon Juice, Exhale Studio and Beach - ideal!
In short, I definitely recommend Danielle's flat and I sincerely wish it was mine!!