Sparkling clean and spacious master bedroom available for rent. Breathtaking views of Manhattan will keep you inspired!
We are subletting a fully furnished bedroom (master bedroom, queen-sized bed). I live in a luxury penthouse apartment at a brand new (2008) building in Long Island City, Queens (one stop from Manhattan). It is a short 10-15 minutes from Times Square by train. My room is the biggest room, and is very spacious. The view from my window is a gorgeous view of the entire Manhattan skyline.
The location of my apartment is very convenient to many trains - 1/2 block from the N, Q, and 7 subway trains (Queensboro Plaza), 3 blocks from the E, M, and R trains (Queens Plaza), and 4 blocks from the F train (21st st Queens Bridge). Also, parking is free around the area (but check the signs).
I live with 2 roommates, each with their own room (2 females - my friends). The apartment has a living room, kitchen, and 1 shared bathroom. We have a 40" flatscreen TV, Apple TV, Netflix, Wii, Hulu Plus. Since we live in the Penthouse, we have a sunlight which brings gorgeous sunlight every day. We are super clean, and like things that way :). Additionally, the apartment has the following amenities:
- 24/7 Doorman; Elevator building
- Coin laundry with washer and dryer on the first floor
- Workout facility (weights, treadmills, ellipticals, bike)
- Common areas - sofas, tv, pool table, books
- Rooftop deck with a beautiful view of the Manhattan skyline
- Bike storage
- Dry cleaner next door
- Cafe/snack store next door
- Liquor store next door
- Nearby places: Dunkin Donuts, Subway, Checkers Burgers, Pizza, Chinese, Indian, delis
Taxis are plentiful to and from the airports at all hours, so there's no need to book a taxi in advance in either direction (Laguardia is around $20, and JFK is around $50).
-From Laguardia: take the M60 public bus to the N Q (yellow) subway line. Take the N or Q train a few stops towards Manhattan and exit off at the Queensboro Plaza stop.
- From JFK: take the AirTrain to Sutphin Blvd/Archer Av. Transfer to the E train towards Manhattan, and exit off the Queens Plaza stop. Walk 4ish blocks to my place.
I had a very comfortable stay at Pauline's. The location was convenient, just a short subway ride to Manhattan. Spacious room, clean apartment, and lovely view of the Manhattan skyline :)
Great value with convenient location and a beautiful view of Manhattan! Pauline's roommate was very friendly and helpful, and I really like the big space of the room.
Staying at Paulines was great! Everything she communicated was as she said. She made it so easy for us. What you see in the pictures is what it ltruly looks like--clean and neat. The location of her place made our trip so enjoyable--it was 10 mins on the metro to times square, just so ideal!!! I would not hesitate to stay with her again. Thanks Pauline!!
I loved staying at Pauline's place! The view outside her bedroom window was breathtaking, her apt was literally a minute walk to the station, her roommates were nice and the overall place was cozy! Since I didn't get to see Pauline that weekend, she was nice enough to post sticky notes around her room telling us where everything is and how everything works. I would definitely stay here again.
Pauline's place is the best deal in NYC!! Great location (2 min away from yellow line stop, 3-4 subway stops from downtown), amazing view from her room, the room itself is very spacious and perfectly clean. Her roommate was very nice, and their apartment is gorgeous. I will totally come back next time I visit the city!!
I agree with all what has already been said about Pauline and her apartment :
- Pauline is very reactive, helpful, and gives precise information.
- Her apartment is very clean, and perfectly located to go to Manhattan (just a few stations from Midtown). The café next to her building is ideal for breakfast to start a good day !
- The room is big, air-conditionned, and has a great view on Manhattan. It can be a little bit noisy when you open the window (you hear the subway, since the subway station is just 2 min away), but we didn't really need to use the earplugs she left us.
- Her roommates are also very kind, welcoming, and helpful.
- Long Island City seems quite secure and has the MoMa PS1 museum and also a park not very far from the apartment !
We definitely would return at her place for our next visit in NYC !
Pauline's apartment is exactly as the photos show. The room is spacious and that view is amazing! Although I did not get to meet Pauline she was very helpful, sending me texts to make sure everything was ok and leaving notes around the house :) I did get to meet one of Pauline's room mates who was very friendly and gave me a few tips on what to do during my stay. I would highly reccommend this apartment to anybody looking to stay in NYC for a reasonable price. The subway entrance is just around the corner and is only two stops to Central Park! My whole experience was fantastic and I would definitely stay at Pauline's place again!
We had a fantastic stay at Pauline's! Although we did not get to meet Pauline, she was very communicative and her roommates were very friendly and hospitable. The bed was super comfy and the view from the room was spectacular! The apartment is a 2 minute walk from the subway, so getting anywhere in the city was really easy. We would definitely stay here again!
Pauline was great. Very communicative throughout the process and making it all super easy. Her place is great and I would highly recommend it.
My friend and I had a great time staying at Pauline's. The location is great and it is really easy access to Manhattan. Her roommates were super friendly and helpful. Overall, a great experience!
This is the final rate, including any fees from the host and Airbnb.