About This Listing
Feel at home in Austin, TX in an iconic neighborhood, just one mile from Downtown!
Brand new modern home in the heart of Austin minutes from downtown and all the local bars & restaurants in East Austin. Ideal for SxSw!
-3 bed/ 2.5 baths
- Sleeps 4-6
+1 Queen bed
+ 1 Full-size futon
+ 1 twin and 2 blow up mattresses available for use
- Backyard with fold out tables/chairs ideal for outdoor meals
- Relax with home theater - blu-ray/netflix available
- Spacious kitchen/living area
- Quiet neighborhood
- Chiminea available
Prices reflect taxes.
- Metro station 3 blocks (1 stop from downtown)
- Park with splash pad 3 blocks
- Less than one mile east of downtown
-Less than 8 miles from Austin-Bergstrom International Airport
- No shoes upstairs
- No pets
- No appliances should be taken outside
- No smoking
- No parties - please disclose if a larger gathering will be held in home
- Curtains and shutters should be kept shut when away from home
- Sheets should be used when sleeping on couch
- Renters are responsible for replacing locks if keys are lost.
REFUNDABLE DAMAGE DEPOSIT - A refundable damage deposit of $850 is required. The deposit is NOT applied toward rent; however, it is fully refundable within (7) days of departure, provided the following provisions are met.
• No damage is done to unit or its contents, beyond normal wear and tear.
• No charges are incurred due to contraband, pets or collection of rents or services rendered during the stay.
• All debris, rubbish and discards are placed in trashcan, and soiled dishes are placed in the dishwasher and cleaned.
• All keys are left as instructed and home is left locked.
• All charges accrued during the stay are paid prior to departure.
• No linens are lost or damaged.
• No early check-in or late checkout.
• Damage liability is not limited to $850, but is limited to actual cost of repair. Renter agrees to pay for the actual cost of damage, if any.
FALSIFIED RESERVATIONS – Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of advance payment, deposit and/or rental money, and the party will not be permitted to check in.
WRITTEN EXCEPTIONS – Any exceptions to the above mentioned policies must be approved in writing in advance.
STORM POLICY– (note, storms are highly unlikely during this period in Austin)
HURRICANE OR STORM POLICY – No refunds will be given unless:
• The state or local authorities order mandatory evacuations in a "Tropical Storm/Hurricane Warning area" and/or
• A "mandatory evacuation order has been given for the Tropical Storm/Hurricane Warning" area of residence of a vacationing guest.
• The day that the authorities order a mandatory evacuation order in a "Tropical Storm/Hurricane Warning," area, we will refund:
o Any unused portion of rent from a guest currently registered;
o Any unused portion of rent from a guest that is scheduled to arrive, and wants to shorten the stay, to come in after the Hurricane Warning is lifted;
This unit is privately owned; the Homeowner is not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowner is not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
Great place. Nice and clean. Easy to get into downtown from. Steve was lovely and very accomodating.
Great location which enabled us to enjoy SXSW! As a host Steve provided all the necessary information in advance and his place was fantastic and definitely the best place we have stayed in Austin.
The house was a great place to stay! Steve even picked us up from the airport and went shopping with us - which was greatly appreciated, since we did not have a car. Which we did not need - since Austin is easy to reach.
Nice neighborhood, easy entry (lockbox system) - and all the amenities one could desire in a house. We had an awesome time and would definitely stay there again if we are again in Austin.
Thanks again Steve!
New, clean house with covered parking in a terrific location to the airport (but not so close as to hear it) and all the cool stuff to do downtown in a neighborhood that is transitioning to a young, hip community. The owner was very easy to deal with and used the lockbox system for the key, so checking in was a breeze. I would stay there again.
Steve's house is a beautiful piece of art. Loved the modern granite floor downstairs and bamboo floor upstairs, the skylight windows that allowed natural light to filter in during the day, the cute little yard that I go out to look at greens when I stare too long at the computer, catching a view of ecletic houses nearby (turkeys ran around a neighbor's backyard, another few had interesting metal gates), other design elements in the house. My group of 5 thoroughly enjoyed our 1-week stay there.
We found out that this house is even less than 1 year old, so it is understandable why a high deposit is required.
There are enough bathrooms -2.5baths - to use for everyone (we loved that), enough space and mattresses to sleep on, we bought groceries and used the kitchen to cook breakfasts and meals (of course we washed our own dishes), I personally loved that the trash is divided 3 ways - food scraps, normal, and recyclables. Everyone loved the sophisticated washer and dryer as well, and not to forget, there is a cool alarm system in the house that we always use when we leave the house or before we sleep at night. The house is also very centrally located if you have business in downtown Austin.
When we want to do takeout, there are several foodtrucks nearby, including a nice one across the street (mm...fried chicken bites and plantains..) that made meals easy and cheap. Friends living in the area also took us to Mt Bonnelle to see the wonderful view and sunset, and many nice restaurants in the area. We didn't even have to go far to go pub crawling, there's a whole bunch of pubs and clubs just on the west side of 35.
The neighborhood is in development so you will find a mix of nice new houses, boarded up ones and very old ones.
Steve and Anne's place is, i may say, like a magical oasis, and we are very happy to have the chance to stay at their house. They have been very good hosts. Steve replied our questions as soon as he could before and throughout our stay, he even responded to our call in the wee hours when we tripped the alarm.
We had many laughs, discussions, work meetings, late night talks, cocktail sessions at the house. My first impression of life in downtown Austin couldn't have been better. Thanks to Steve and Anne, we will be back if we have a chance. :)
Steve was a great host! We had a last minute reservation for Austin's SXSW festival and he was extremely accommodating to our needs. We walked in to a great goodie basket, a binder with all the directions (sent also in email), and an extremely clean house! The beds and air mattresses were comfortable and the house made us feel very welcomed. Thank you, Steve!