About this listing
2 BD VACATION RENTAL + CAR
BEST DEAL IN PLAYA EXPLORE THIS PARADISE!
New super equipped condo, WiFi, Chromecast, Pool & Outdoor Grill in secure complex. 4 miles, 6 min. the from beach and 5ta. Cabs only $35 pesos (2 USD) Newest area, close to Groceries, Laundry, Restaurants, Walmart and las Americas Mall.
Car: PT Cruiser, fits 5 people for trips around Playa like Tulum, Cancun, Akumal, Pyramids, Cenotes, Xplor, Xel-Ha, Xcaret. Assigned parking space. Reach anything in Playa within 10 min.
This unit is extremely well equipped with high quality furniture, and all services. I keep the left side of the closet locked int he master bedroom as I leave my personal stuff there. The other side of the closet, and the whole closet in the second bedroom is available for you to use.
It's located on the 3rd floor in one of the newest condo development of playa del carmen.
Excellent location, easy to get anywhere, cheap cabs to 5ta and the beach, amazing safe community.
PLEASE READ THE HOUSE RULES BEFORE BOOKING.
APARTMENT & EQUIPMENT:
• High Speed WiFi 5Mbs
• LED 42" Full HD FlatScreen with Chromecast
• Fully Equipped Kitchen with Granite Coutnertop & Stainless Steel Appliances & Knifes.
• Coffee machine, Blender, Microwave, Stove & Fridge
• Complete dining set for 6 people + extras
• Hair Dryer & Iron provided
• Mini-Split Quite Air Conditioning Units in Every Room with Remote Control
• Posturepedic Beds. Queen in the Master Bedroom, 2 Individual Beds in the 2nd Bedroom
• Built-in Full Closets
• Contemporary L-Shapped Futton in Living Room. Sleeps 2 Adults or 1 adult and 2 Kids.
• Bathroom with Tempered Glass and Contemporary Sink
• Marble-top Table with Suede Chocolate Chairs. Seats 6 people
• First Aid Kit + Emergency Fire Extinguisher
• Organic bamboo stylish blinds
• High efficiency gas water heater with endless hot running water.
• Extra-thick futton for an extra person to sleep in the livingroom floor.
BUILDING & COMMUNITY:
• Safe Gated Bulding
• Assigned Parking Spot + Additional Guest Parking
• Private 3rd Floor Unit Location
• Swimming Pool with Shower & Bathrooms, Grill, Palapa and Tables
• Recreational Park
• Free Yoga 3 times per week
• Walking distance restaurants & groceries (mexican food, tacos, pizza, oxxo store)
• 3 Min. Ride to Super Walmart, where you can find anything.
• 3 Min. Ride to Plaza Las Americas. The newest Shopping Mall in Playa del Carmen. With shops, restaurants and state of the art Cinepolis Movie theater.
• Inexpensive laundry drop-off
• Easy public transportation ($30 pesos cab ride to most of playa del carmen. About $3USD)
Swimming pool, outdoor grill, gated parking, park inside the complex.
Interaction with Guests
I leave guests to themselves to enjoy the place and only come by if needed.
Newest neighborhood in playa del carmen, next to plaza las americas, walmart, chedraui, restaurants, laundry and public transportation. Very safe, and nice community.
Easy public transportation. Cheap $35 pesos cabs to the beach and 5th ave. Transportation running all day only a block away.
Playa del Carmen:
To buy food near the house, go to Plaza Americas and go into Chedarui. It’s a full grocery store. You can also go to Walmart and Mega which are at both and Constituyentes
5th ave walk it all
Mamitas beach is the most famous beach in playa. Playacar is a quieter beach
Hangover bar, just by mamitas beach is the bar that I opened with my friend a while ago. Good food and drinks. Cheap
Fusion bar, go there around 6pm to see sunset. Live music every day, super chill setting and tables on the beach.
Cocobongo a must do in playa!! Nightclub with show, free bar
Salsa: Salsanera, in front of cocobongo
All kinds of music: Mandala, Palazzo, Carnival Royal
Electronica: Santanera, Canival Royal
To Eat: Hangover Bar, El Diez on 5ta, La Fisheria on 5ta. Breakfast, Toks is cheap in Plaza las Americas
Parking is difficult inside playa del carmen, if you have a car leave it unless you are going out of playa
Cultural shows and ecotourism: Xcaret, Xelha, Xplor
Snorkeling: Go to Cozumel, send best in the world
Cenotes: Dos ojos is the best one, this you can’t miss while visiting here. Get a full guided tour, they provide gear lamps and a guide.
The best beaches in the world
Dos ojos cenote is 5 min.. before getting to Tulum
Tulum ruins, you can’t miss, magical place
Zona Hotelera is where the best beaches, hotels and places to eat and party are at in Tulum. You need to take a road to the left when entering Tulum. First Stop Light.
El Gitano is a great restaurant and nightlife
Papaya Playa also great for dining and nightlife
Things in tulum die around 11pm weekdays and 2am weekends. For more partying go to Tulum Pueblo where it ends around 5am.
This is an all day trip that you need to plan for. If you have a car you can drive there. If not you can buy a tour from 5ta Ave. ADO which are the buses that go almost everywhere will also take you day.
Other Things to Note
* NEW DEDICATED HIGH SPEED WiFi INTERNET
As you can see from the reviews, the only complaint people have had is the internet connection as there are no services yet as it's the newest are of Playa del Carmen. For that reason, I have installed a microwave antena on the roof of the condo which will give you a 5Mbs dedicated connection.
1. No pets (of any kind)
2. No smoking (in apartment or hallway)
3. No loud music after midnight
4. Always use sheets when sleeping on futon, which are located in the closet of the second bedroom.
5. Turn off AC upon leaving the apartment
6. Double lock back and front doors. And close all windows before leaving.
7. No moving furniture around. Marble-top Table is heavy and fragile if moved. Bases for beds are made out of wood and not made to be dragged.
8. No more than 6 guests at the time.
9. No modifications to the premises of any kind.
10. No sublets without prior authorization.
11. Garbage containers located by front gate
12. Wet towels always hang in the back patio and not on chairs or any furniture inside the unit. As it ruins the furniture and wood on the chairs.
13. If you come from the beach with sand, rinse off first by the pool before entering the unit.
14. Please keep in mind the price you are paying is only for the unit. The car is being to provided to you as purely complementary and it is not part of the airbnb contract. Copy of driver's license and $500 USD cash deposit is required to operate the vehicle. Full refund once car is returned in same condition with same amount of gas as received.
I had an okay time at this property. The pros: the apartment was clean and accurately described regarding the interior. The air conditioner worked well and the beds were comfortable. There were towels and some spices.
The cons: the wi-fi worked about 20% of the time. There is a tv and no channels. I couldn't get chromecast to work because the wi-fi did not work. The apartment had no feeling of coziness and I did not feel like I had my usual experience with airbnb, which is a feeling that the owner cares and is helpful to me about the city. It took us hours to check in because the property manager's phone was dead. I had informed my host before about when we were coming, so this was very unacceptable and frustrating. We had to ask several people to contact the manager, waited at the intersection near the house ( it was very hot) and finally got to wait in a trailer for the manager. When we finally checked in (I had started trying to call that morning, and then we finally just decided to drive to the apartment and try to find someone) we had been trying to check In for most of The afternoon. When I voiced my concerns to William he basically told me that it was just a series of unfortunate events and that since I had paid so little i could just have my money back. Okay- what? This was completely avoidable.
Also, the pool is boiling hot and the apartment is quite far from town. You absolutely need a rental car or be willing to pay for taxis to get anywhere other than the convenience store or a few restaurants. Nowhere near downtown and far overpriced considering you can get a hotel with kitchenette walking distance to the beach for the same price.
Hi Maggie, before anything, I want to thank you for staying at my Condo. Hope you had a wonderful time in Playa del Carmen!
Now, lets address the before-mentioned issues at hand:
• Wi-Fi: Unfortunately there are only 3 internet providers in this area. And I have tried them all 3. There are general internet outages and this is out of my control. This is something that happens in 3rd world countries. And although I always strive to give the best service to my guests, this is something that is out of my control.
• TV: Yes, the internet is needed for Chromecast. Works most of the time. If you would have sent me a message of the internet while you were staying, I would have contacted the internet provider and they would have done their best to fix it within a couple of hours.
• Check-In: This is the first time that there has been a delay with my property manager. His phone died on him, which is very unusual as he had a high workload that day. Aside from some personal matters. This happens sometimes to anyone. And it is the very first time that any of my guests experience a delay in check-in
• Refund: I offered you a full refund, as you were complaining about many things. I've never had so many complains. My property manager brought you paper towels, drinking water and was at your service upon request. And even like that, complaints were received and posted. So I offered you a full refund as this condo normally rents for $285 in season. And I rented it to you at a discounted rate of $49/night. Just running the AC costs me $20 a day in electric. So you may be able to see the full picture
• Distance: You make it sound like it is so far to the beach and like Playa del Carmen is a big city. Playa del Carmen is a tiny town. You can get from end to end in less than 10 minutes. There is never traffic. You can get to the beach from the condo in 6 to 8 minutes as it is 4 miles in distance only. I run to the beach and back from the condo all the time. You can also bike there. And cabs are all over and only cost $35 pesos. $2.50 USD at the current exchange rate. The cost and time is negligible. In addition, the place comes with a parking spot if you rented a car and you can explore the area. From the price you got for the place and even paying from transportation, it is quite different paying $49/night, than to pay $250 to $850 per night to be on 5ta or on the beach. I also have a condo on Mamitas beach, and this is the rate. It all depends on budget and what you are looking for.
All in all, my condo really is a bargain for what you got. Again, I hope you had an amazing time in Playa del Carmen and that you had a nice trip back. If you are ever back in the area, I would offer you my beach condo at a discounted rate. Or a couple of free nights at my place with the issues at hand no longer present.
We stay in William apartment for couple of days is really nice place easy to reach the city center and shopping centre with cinema.We visit Chichen Itza and Cancun and some places around.Communication with William was awesome.Definitely recommend the beautiful apartment.Thank you very much for everything
I am sorry but the terms in the Condo. description "Luxury" and "6 minutes to the beach" are completely incorrect. "Luxury" would imply to me a Condo with easy access via elevator when on third floor. Also I would expect drinkable water and ice to be included but neither were and we had to buy those items. We were not able to operate the TV in a normal manner by means of remote control and and a sheet listing available channels. Even the Condo manager, a very nice & helpful young man, was not able to get us any news channel or anything except Netflix. There is no coffee table or anything where one can set a beverage when sitting on the sofa, floor is the only place!
The distance to the beach is 3 miles as the crow flies so we would have to average 30 miles per hour to get there in 3 minutes; impossible with traffic and traffic lights! The best taxi rate we had was 100 pesos not 35 and my wife is Mexican, fluent in Spanish. The cost for this condo was way too high and customer convenience not considered.
There were two yapping dogs close to the Condo as well.
Manager said you were asking for the ice maker thinking you were checking into a Hotel. I realize this is the first time you use airbnb and it is not a hotel. The Condo i on the 3rd floor, and as you can see form the description of the property it says right there that it is not senior accessible and that there is no elevator. Just like in most of the complexes around playa del carmen. It is very hard to find an elevator.
The condo is indeed 6 minutes from the beach. You went during BPM festival which is the busiest time of the year and Playa is at over capacity. That is why you encountered traffic this time. Drinkable water is provided, in Mexico it is in the form of water bottles. Ice you can make in the fridge. The TV as you can see in the listing, it says no cable, it has Chromecast. Which you use with any phone, tablet or laptop for Netflix, YouTube, Hulu or any digital content. To set your coffee there are movable tables in the apartment that you can use as coffee tables. To get the $35 peso rate from taxis instead of the $100 pesos you need to follow instructions as specified on the listing and also on the house manual. Take taxis 1 block from 5th ave on 10th ave instead. As 5th ave will always over charge you as it is a tourist trap. It seems to me this is a failure on your side to completely read the listing properly and follow instructions. Also there was poor communication I tried to get in touch with you to see how everything was going and got no word until this review. Could have corrected any problem you might have including everything in this review. Thank you.
La comunicación con William fue excelente, su respuesta rápida y organizó todo adecuadamente para que su administrador nos auxiliara en todo.
La descripción del inmueble me parece muy cercana a la realidad.
The reservation was canceled 27 days before arrival. This is an automated posting.
El trato con el propietario fue muy bueno, en cuestión de unas horas estaba todo listo para mi estancia y fue siempre amable.
El departamento está en muy buenas condiciones y no falta nada de lo que dice en la descripción, esta muy cómodo y agradable. En general fue una muy bena experiencia
Muy buena experiencia en nuestra estancia. El departamento esta limpio y a solo minutos de playa del carmen centro. La alberca esta muy relajante y la vecindad y los vecinos son muy accesibles y respetuosos.
This host has 14 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, William
High energy Entrepreneur running businesses in the areas of Internet Marketing, Print Marketing and Real Estate. My life moto is: Life is not meant to be figured out, it's meant to be lived!
Love to travel every time I get a chance, and that means about every couple of months. Always looking for a nice and affordable place to stay. At the same time, I'm also a host and have several properties that I rent through Airbnb. I treat my guests just the same way I expect to be treated.