PLAYA DEL CARMEN VACATION RENTAL
New super equipped condo, High-Speed WiFi, Chromecast, Parking, Pool & Outdoor Grill. 6 min from beach and 5ta. Taxis only $35 pesos.
Newest area, close to Groceries, Laundry, Restaurants, Walmart and Mall.
This unit is extremely well equipped with high quality furniture, and all services. I keep the left side of the closet locked int he master bedroom as I leave my personal stuff there. The other side of the closet, and the whole closet in the second bedroom is available for you to use.
It's located on the 3rd floor in one of the newest condo development of playa del carmen.
Excellent location, easy to get anywhere, cheap cabs to 5ta and the beach, amazing safe community.
PLEASE READ THE HOUSE RULES BEFORE BOOKING.
APARTMENT & EQUIPMENT:
• High Speed WiFi 5Mbs
• LED 42" Full HD FlatScreen with Chromecast
• Fully Equipped Kitchen with Granite Coutnertop & Stainless Steel Appliances & Knifes.
• Coffee machine, Blender, Microwave, Stove & Fridge
• Complete dining set for 6 people + extras
• Hair Dryer & Iron provided
• Mini-Split Quite Air Conditioning Units in Every Room with Remote Control
• Posturepedic Beds. Queen in the Master Bedroom, 2 Individual Beds in the 2nd Bedroom
• Built-in Full Closets
• Contemporary L-Shapped Futton in Living Room. Sleeps 2 Adults or 1 adult and 2 Kids.
• Bathroom with Tempered Glass and Contemporary Sink
• Marble-top Table with Suede Chocolate Chairs. Seats 6 people
• First Aid Kit + Emergency Fire Extinguisher
• Organic bamboo stylish blinds
• High efficiency gas water heater with endless hot running water.
• Extra-thick futton for an extra person to sleep in the livingroom floor.
BUILDING & COMMUNITY:
• Safe Gated Bulding
• Assigned Parking Spot + Additional Guest Parking
• Private 3rd Floor Unit Location
• Swimming Pool with Shower & Bathrooms, Grill, Palapa and Tables
• Recreational Park
• Free Yoga 3 times per week
• Walking distance restaurants & groceries (mexican food, tacos, pizza, oxxo store)
• 3 Min. Ride to Super Walmart, where you can find anything.
• 3 Min. Ride to Plaza Las Americas. The newest Shopping Mall in Playa del Carmen. With shops, restaurants and state of the art Cinepolis Movie theater.
• Inexpensive laundry drop-off
• Easy public transportation ($30 pesos cab ride to most of playa del carmen. About $3USD)
Swimming pool, outdoor grill, gated parking, park inside the complex.
Interaction with Guests
I leave guests to themselves to enjoy the place and only come by if needed.
Newest neighborhood in playa del carmen, next to plaza las americas, walmart, chedraui, restaurants, laundry and public transportation. Very safe, and nice community.
Easy public transportation. Cheap $35 pesos cabs to the beach and 5th ave. Transportation running all day only a block away.
Playa del Carmen:
To buy food near the house, go to Plaza Americas and go into Chedarui. It’s a full grocery store. You can also go to Walmart and Mega which are at both and Constituyentes
5th ave walk it all
Mamitas beach is the most famous beach in playa. Playacar is a quieter beach
Hangover bar, just by mamitas beach is the bar that I opened with my friend a while ago. Good food and drinks. Cheap
Fusion bar, go there around 6pm to see sunset. Live music every day, super chill setting and tables on the beach.
Cocobongo a must do in playa!! Nightclub with show, free bar
Salsa: Salsanera, in front of cocobongo
All kinds of music: Mandala, Palazzo, Carnival Royal
Electronica: Santanera, Canival Royal
To Eat: Hangover Bar, El Diez on 5ta, La Fisheria on 5ta. Breakfast, Toks is cheap in Plaza las Americas
Parking is difficult inside playa del carmen, if you have a car leave it unless you are going out of playa
Cultural shows and ecotourism: Xcaret, Xelha, Xplor
Snorkeling: Go to Cozumel, send best in the world
Cenotes: Dos ojos is the best one, this you can’t miss while visiting here. Get a full guided tour, they provide gear lamps and a guide.
The best beaches in the world
Dos ojos cenote is 5 min.. before getting to Tulum
Tulum ruins, you can’t miss, magical place
Zona Hotelera is where the best beaches, hotels and places to eat and party are at in Tulum. You need to take a road to the left when entering Tulum. First Stop Light.
El Gitano is a great restaurant and nightlife
Papaya Playa also great for dining and nightlife
Things in tulum die around 11pm weekdays and 2am weekends. For more partying go to Tulum Pueblo where it ends around 5am.
This is an all day trip that you need to plan for. If you have a car you can drive there. If not you can buy a tour from 5ta Ave. ADO which are the buses that go almost everywhere will also take you day.
Other Things to Note
* NEW DEDICATED HIGH SPEED WiFi INTERNET
As you can see from the reviews, the only complaint people have had is the internet connection as there are no services yet as it's the newest are of Playa del Carmen. For that reason, I have installed a microwave antena on the roof of the condo which will give you a 5Mbs dedicated connection.
1. No pets (of any kind)
2. No smoking (in apartment or hallway)
3. No loud music after midnight
4. Always use sheets when sleeping on futon, which are located in the closet of the second bedroom.
5. Turn off AC upon leaving the apartment
6. Double lock back and front doors. And close all windows before leaving.
7. No moving furniture around. Marble-top Table is heavy and fragile if moved. Bases for beds are made out of wood and not made to be dragged.
8. No more than 6 guests at the time.
9. No modifications to the premises of any kind.
10. No sublets without prior authorization.
11. Garbage containers located by front gate
12. Wet towels always hang in the back patio and not on chairs or any furniture inside the unit. As it ruins the furniture and wood on the chairs.
13. If you come from the beach with sand, rinse off first by the pool before entering the unit.
I am sorry but the terms in the Condo. description "Luxury" and "6 minutes to the beach" are completely incorrect. "Luxury" would imply to me a Condo with easy access via elevator when on third floor. Also I would expect drinkable water and ice to be included but neither were and we had to buy those items. We were not able to operate the TV in a normal manner by means of remote control and and a sheet listing available channels. Even the Condo manager, a very nice & helpful young man, was not able to get us any news channel or anything except Netflix. There is no coffee table or anything where one can set a beverage when sitting on the sofa, floor is the only place!
The distance to the beach is 3 miles as the crow flies so we would have to average 30 miles per hour to get there in 3 minutes; impossible with traffic and traffic lights! The best taxi rate we had was 100 pesos not 35 and my wife is Mexican, fluent in Spanish. The cost for this condo was way too high and customer convenience not considered.
There were two yapping dogs close to the Condo as well.
Manager said you were asking for the ice maker thinking you were checking into a Hotel. I realize this is the first time you use airbnb and it is not a hotel. The Condo i on the 3rd floor, and as you can see form the description of the property it says right there that it is not senior accessible and that there is no elevator. Just like in most of the complexes around playa del carmen. It is very hard to find an elevator.
The condo is indeed 6 minutes from the beach. You went during BPM festival which is the busiest time of the year and Playa is at over capacity. That is why you encountered traffic this time. Drinkable water is provided, in Mexico it is in the form of water bottles. Ice you can make in the fridge. The TV as you can see in the listing, it says no cable, it has Chromecast. Which you use with any phone, tablet or laptop for Netflix, YouTube, Hulu or any digital content. To set your coffee there are movable tables in the apartment that you can use as coffee tables. To get the $35 peso rate from taxis instead of the $100 pesos you need to follow instructions as specified on the listing and also on the house manual. Take taxis 1 block from 5th ave on 10th ave instead. As 5th ave will always over charge you as it is a tourist trap. It seems to me this is a failure on your side to completely read the listing properly and follow instructions. Also there was poor communication I tried to get in touch with you to see how everything was going and got no word until this review. Could have corrected any problem you might have including everything in this review. Thank you.
La comunicación con William fue excelente, su respuesta rápida y organizó todo adecuadamente para que su administrador nos auxiliara en todo.
La descripción del inmueble me parece muy cercana a la realidad.
The reservation was canceled 27 days before arrival. This is an automated posting.
El trato con el propietario fue muy bueno, en cuestión de unas horas estaba todo listo para mi estancia y fue siempre amable.
El departamento está en muy buenas condiciones y no falta nada de lo que dice en la descripción, esta muy cómodo y agradable. En general fue una muy bena experiencia
Muy buena experiencia en nuestra estancia. El departamento esta limpio y a solo minutos de playa del carmen centro. La alberca esta muy relajante y la vecindad y los vecinos son muy accesibles y respetuosos.
El departamento es tal cual se muestra en las fotos, es muy cómodo y fresco. Es un fraccionamiento muy tranquilo y me pareció bien ubicado, claro que traíamos carro por lo que desplazarse no fue problema. La atención fue excelente, sin duda lo recomiendo mucho!
William is really agreat owner, he answer his email within minutes if not seconds.
Appartment is as describe (nice furniture), please read all the info he send you went your rent, lots of good info.
If you need the presence of somebody locally, the propety manager will take action immediately.
one guy complained that the condo was far from the beach and it is true if you are use to all inclusive hotels that are right at the beach, this is not the case, but going to the beach will cost you 40 Pesos (4$ Canadian or 3 somthing in US) and you are fed up with all the noise, you just come back at the condo where it gets quiet at night so you can sleep (this is a residential area, so you will not be awake all night because of drunks partying all night).
I also saw a complaint about the fact that the condo is not directly in the touristic area!
What is wrong with that? (if you do not like the idea, go to an all inclusive)
As I am getting close to retirement, I am looking for a place to stay in the near future and will stay in a place with local peoples, make friends and learn about them.
There is always a nice breeze in this area, so you can stay out under the palapa
The only negative point would be about the sound isolation, you hear everything
This host has 7 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
Love to travel. Always looking for a nice affordable place to stay. While traveling I spend most of my day out exploring. Just want to come back to a nice clean place to sleep.