About this listing
Tiny House is centrally located on a quiet street with easy access to the best of central Austin! The open floor plan & loft bedroom is perfect for two, but can sleep four with sleeper sofa. Private entrance, off street parking & use of 2 bicycles.
Welcome to Tiny House! Experience Austin like a native in historic Travis Heights, right in the heart of Austin! Tiny House is an easy walk to the best of South Congress (SoCo) and is close to Rainey Street, downtown and Eastside restaurants, bars and clubs with 2 bicycles provided to explore. Big Stacy Pool is a short walk away for those hot summer days, and the Boardwalk on Lady Bird Lake is close by, with easy access to the hike and bike trail.
Tiny House boasts lots of natural light, a private entrance in a separate building and use of the spacious backyard. Special Pricing for SXSW, ACL, FunFunFun Festival, and Grand Prix F1 with a three night minimum on these dates and four night minimum during SXSW Interactive/Film and Music.
- Living Space: queen sofa bed, office area, TV
- Fully Equipped Kitchen: full size refrigerator, microwave, gas range/oven, toaster oven, coffee maker & French press, cookware, silverware, dishes and basic spices
- Full bath with tub & tank-less water heater: towels, shampoo/conditioner, soap, hair dryer provided
- Loft bedroom with skylight: independent coil/memory foam pillow top queen bed, 100% cotton sheets, down alternative comforter & pillows, 2 nightstand/dressers with drawers
- Walk-in closet: lots of hangers, iron and ironing board, beach bag (4 towels, H2O bottles, soft cooler, blanket)
- 42" HDMI ready cable TV
- DVD Player and movies
- Board Games
- Free Wireless Internet
- Private, fenced backyard and fire bowl
- Prepare-your-own breakfast, coffee and tea provided
- Two bikes with locks and lights included
DINING AND ENTERTAINMENT:
- Walk to: The Whip-In (Indian food & bar with live music), Beverage World (liquor, beer and wine), Cash Corner (gas, groceries, beer and wine), Big Stacy Pool and Park, Curra's Grill (Mexican food)
- South Congress Street, SoCo, (.8 miles) is well-known for local Austin shopping and dining: Home Slice Pizza, Jo's (Coffee), Docs (outdoor patio food and drink), Uncommon Objects (antiques and curios), Parts & Labor (local artist creations), Guero's (Tex Mex), Wahoo’s Fish Taco’s, Amy's Ice Cream, Hotel San Jose Bar, Continental Club and Lounge, Farm to Market Grocery, Vespaio Ristorante, Perla's Seafood & Oyster Bar, South Congress Café, Allen's Boots, Lucky Robot Japanese Kitchen
- Downtown: South Congress Bridge (largest Mexican fruit bat colony), The Austin Convention Center, Ironworks BBQ, Sullivan's Steak House, Ginger Man (great beer selection!), Fado Irish Pub, La Condesa
- Rainey Street district (less than 2 miles away): Lustre Pearl, Clive Bar, Bar 96, G'raj Mahal Cafe (Indian Food), Icenhauer's, Bangers Sausage House & Beer Garden, 1/2 Step, the Blackheart Bar, Lucille's
- 6th Street District (only 2 miles away): The Alamo Ritz (movies and sing-a-longs), Easy Tiger (drafts, brats and games), The Jackalope (food and drinks), Casino el Camino (burgers and jukebox!), Beerland (music), Barbarella (dancing), Cheer Ups Charlie's (bar, DJ's and live music)
- The East Side bar and restaurant scene is 2.5 miles away and home to live music and outdoor venues: Yellow Jacket Social Club, Rio Rita, Liberty Bar/Eastside King Trailer, Qui (Paul Qui, winner of Top Chef Texas), White Horse, Violet Crowne, Shangri-La, Hotel Vegas, Gypsy Lounge, Buenos Aires Café, Weather Up, Eastside Showroom, The Volstead Lounge, "Juan in a Million" Mexican restaurant (featured on Man v. Food), Takoba, Longbranch Inn, Eastside Showroom, Justine's Brasserie (a real French Bistro open late!)
- Zilker Park (less than 3 miles away): Home of ACL, Botanical Gardens, Barton Springs, Umlauf Sculpture Garden & Museum
- The Circuit of the America's race track (Formula 1) is 12 miles east. There is a shuttle to F1 track that picks up at the Convention Center. Also home to the X-Games for the next 4 years!
- Big Stacy Neighborhood Park and Pool (spring fed, free & open year round - an easy walk)
- Lady Bird Lake (Town Lake to locals) Hike and Bike Trail and brand new Boardwalk is a short walk away!
- Zilker Park (less than 3 miles away): Barton Springs (spring fed pool, $3), Kayak, Stand Up Paddleboard (SUP) and Canoe Rentals available
This property is registered with the City of Austin and the rate includes 15% hotel taxes*. Rental requires a $200 deposit, which will be refunded in full, upon final exit of premises, as long as there is no damage or excessively messy condition of unit and/or property caused by renters or their guests. Discounts apply for stays of one week or more.
- Off street parking (up to 3 vehicles in driveway)
- Key-less entry, door code provided at booking
- Private, fenced backyard and fire bowl
- Grills- 1 propane, 1 charcoal
- Access to washer/dryer upon request
Interaction with Guests
Tiny House is located behind the owner's home at the back of the property. The entire back yard is fenced. You may see us during your stay, but you'll maintain privacy in your separate building.
Travis Heights is one of the oldest neighborhoods in Austin and is tucked under expansive Live Oak trees that are hundreds of years old! It's about 2 miles to the Capitol and since we're south of the river (Lady Bird Lake), we're Austin eclectic! Tiny House may be tucked away in a beautiful and quiet neighborhood, but it's an easy walk to the best of South Congress (SoCo), the Congress St. bats, and is also close to downtown and East-side restaurants, bars and clubs. The Whip-in, a close walk, is an eclectic restaurant, bar and live music venue whose origins were a simple corner store. Want some quiet time? Take a walk through the neighborhood to Big Stacy Park, or swim in Big Stacy Pool- open all year round! Travis Heights has the best of everything!
- 9 miles from the Austin-Bergstrom International Airport: 10 minutes by car, cab ~$25, Super Shuttle $17 + $10 per additional passenger, Lyft or Uber, Car2Go, or Capital Metro Bus #100 to #7 to Travis Heights Blvd. (about 30 minutes)
- Bus stop on Riverside/Travis Heights (½ mile): Capitol Metro Bus Line #20 and #7 go downtown
- Two bikes included with locks and lights
- Bicycle rentals available from Tsunami Cycles (1 mile) and Austin Bike Tours and Rentals deliver (reserve bikes in advance if you are traveling on a festival weekend).
- Austin Ride Share
Other Things to Note
Do you plan on cooking in? I can shop for you and have your groceries waiting for you! Do you have guests to entertain? I am in the event and hospitality business and can turn my backyard into a party space. I've hosted large al fresco lunch & dinner parties, bridal and wedding showers, crawfish boils and outdoor movies. Catering and bartending services available. Please inquire for pricing.
*Short Term Rentals (STR) are required to pay hotel taxes. The City of Austin’s Hotel Occupancy Tax rate is 9 percent, comprised of a 7 percent occupancy tax and an additional 2 percent venue project tax. The City’s tax is in addition to the 6 percent rate imposed by the State of Texas.
I am available for questions and directions. I have a 17 year old kitty who is mostly indoors (my house only), but can sometimes be spied sunning herself in the backyard. You're free to use the the grill (one propane, one charcoal and 2 small smokers) and gather around the raised fire pit in the backyard. If I'm hosting a gathering, you're always invited! Volume levels considered, of course. Smoking allowed outside only. There are no animals in the rental space, but can be considered. Please inquire. Because of the loft bedroom, small children are not recommended. Please wash you dishes and do a general clean up. Feel free to put towels in the hamper in the closet. Thanks!