Tiny House is centrally located on a quiet street with easy access to the best of central Austin! The open floor plan & loft bedroom is perfect for two, but can sleep four with sleeper sofa. Private entrance, off street parking & use of 2 bicycles.
Loft bedroom has queen individual coil/memory foam pillow top mattress. Sheets are 310 thread count satin/cotton. Duvet and pillows down alternative.
Welcome to Tiny House! Experience Austin like a native in historic Travis Heights, right in the heart of Austin! Tiny House is an easy walk to the best of South Congress (SoCo) and is close to Rainey Street, downtown and Eastside restaurants, bars and clubs with 2 bicycles provided to explore. Big Stacy Pool is a short walk away for those hot summer days, and the Boardwalk on Lady Bird Lake is now open with easy access to the hike and bike trail!
Tiny House boasts lots of natural light, a private entrance in a separate building and use of the spacious backyard. Special Pricing for SXSW, ACL, FunFunFun Festival, and Grand Prix F1 with a three night minimum on these dates and four night minimum during SXSW Interactive/Film and Music.
- Living Space: queen sofa bed, office area, TV
- Fully Equipped Kitchen: full size refrigerator, microwave, gas range/oven, toaster, coffee maker & French press, cookware, silverware, dishes and basic spices
- Full bath with tub & tank-less water heater: towels, shampoo/conditioner, soap, hair dryer provided
- Loft bedroom with skylight: independent coil/memory foam pillow top queen bed, 100% cotton sheets, down alternative comforter & pillows, 2 nightstand/dressers with drawers
- Walk-in closet: lots of hangers, iron and ironing board, beach bag (4 towels, H2O bottles, soft cooler, blanket)
- 42" HDMI ready cable TV
- DVD Player and movies
- Free Wireless Internet
- Private, fenced backyard and fire bowl
- Prepare-your-own breakfast, coffee and tea provided
- Two bikes with locks and lights included
This property is registered with the City of Austin and the rate includes 15% hotel taxes*. Rental requires a $200 deposit, which will be refunded in full, upon final exit of premises, as long as there is no damage or excessively messy condition of unit and/or property caused by renters or their guests. Discounts apply for stays of one week or more.
DINING AND ENTERTAINMENT:
- Walk to: The Whip-In (Indian food & bar with live music), Beverage World (liquor, beer and wine), Cash Corner (gas, groceries, beer and wine), Big Stacy Pool and Park, Curra's Grill (Mexican food)
- South Congress Street, SoCo, (.8 miles) is well-known for local Austin shopping and dining: Home Slice Pizza, Jo's (Coffee), Docs (outdoor patio food and drink), Uncommon Objects (antiques and curios), Parts & Labor (local artist creations), Guero's (Tex Mex), Wahoo’s Fish Taco’s, Amy's Ice Cream, Hotel San Jose Bar, Continental Club and Lounge, Farm to Market Grocery, Vespaio Ristorante, Perla's Seafood & Oyster Bar, South Congress Café, Allen's Boots, Lucky Robot Japanese Kitchen
- Downtown: South Congress Bridge (largest Mexican fruit bat colony), The Austin Convention Center, Ironworks BBQ, Sullivan's Steak House, Ginger Man (great beer selection!), Fado Irish Pub, La Condesa
- Rainey Street district (less than 2 miles away): Lustre Pearl, Clive Bar, Bar 96, G'raj Mahal Cafe (Indian Food), Icenhauer's, Bangers Sausage House & Beer Garden, 1/2 Step, the Blackheart Bar, Lucille's
- 6th Street District (only 2 miles away): The Alamo Ritz (movies and sing-a-longs), Easy Tiger (drafts, brats and games), The Jackalope (food and drinks), Casino el Camino (burgers and jukebox!), Beerland (music), Barbarella (dancing), Cheer Ups Charlie's (bar, DJ's and live music)
- The East Side bar and restaurant scene is 2.5 miles away and home to live music and outdoor venues: Yellow Jacket Social Club, Rio Rita, Liberty Bar/Eastside King Trailer, Qui (Paul Qui, winner of Top Chef Texas), White Horse, Violet Crowne, Shangri-La, Hotel Vegas, Gypsy Lounge, Buenos Aires Café, Weather Up, Eastside Showroom, The Volstead Lounge, "Juan in a Million" Mexican restaurant (featured on Man v. Food), Takoba, Longbranch Inn, Eastside Showroom, Justine's Brasserie (a real French Bistro open late!)
- Zilker Park (less than 3 miles away): Home of ACL, Botanical Gardens, Barton Springs, Umlauf Sculpture Garden & Museum
- The Circuit of the America's race track (Formula 1) is 12 miles east. There is a shuttle to F1 track that picks up at the Convention Center. Also home to the X-Games for the next 4 years!
- Big Stacy Neighborhood Park and Pool (spring fed, free & open year round - an easy walk)
- Lady Bird Lake (Town Lake to locals) Hike and Bike Trail and brand new Boardwalk is a short walk away!
- Zilker Park (less than 3 miles away): Barton Springs (spring fed pool, $3), Kayak, Stand Up Paddleboard (SUP) and Canoe Rentals available
- Off street parking (up to 3 vehicles in driveway)
- Key-less entry, door code provided at booking
- Private, fenced backyard and fire bowl
- Grills- 1 propane, 2 charcoal
- Access to washer/dryer upon request
Interaction with Guests
Tiny House is located behind the owner's home at the back of the property. The entire back yard is fenced. You may see us during your stay, but you'll maintain privacy in your separate building.
Travis Heights is one of the oldest neighborhoods in Austin and is tucked under expansive Live Oak trees that are hundreds of years old! It's about 2 miles to the Capitol and since we're south of the river (Lady Bird Lake), we're Austin eclectic! Tiny House may be tucked away in a beautiful and quiet neighborhood, but it's an easy walk to the best of South Congress (SoCo), the Congress St. bats, and is also close to downtown and East-side restaurants, bars and clubs. The Whip-in, a close walk, is an eclectic restaurant, bar and live music venue whose origins were a simple corner store. Want some quiet time? Take a walk through the neighborhood to Big Stacy Park, or swim in Big Stacy Pool- open all year round! Travis Heights has the best of everything!
- 9 miles from the Austin-Bergstrom International Airport: 10 minutes by car, cab ~$25, Super Shuttle $17 + $10 per additional passenger, Capital Metro Bus #100 to #7 to Travis Heights Blvd. (about 30 minutes)
- Bus stop on Riverside/Travis Heights (½ mile): Capitol Metro Bus Line #20 and #7 go downtown
- Two bikes included with locks and lights
- Bicycle rentals available from Tsunami Cycles (1 mile) and Austin Bike Tours and Rentals deliver (reserve bikes in advance if you are traveling on a festival weekend).
- Austin Ride Share
- Car to Go
Other Things to Note
Do you plan on cooking in? I can shop for you and have your groceries waiting for you! Do you have guests to entertain? I am in the event and hospitality business and can turn my backyard into a party space. I've hosted large al fresco lunch & dinner parties, bridal and wedding showers, crawfish boils and outdoor movies. Catering and bartending services available. Please inquire for pricing.
*Short Term Rentals (STR) are required to pay hotel taxes. The City of Austin’s Hotel Occupancy Tax rate is 9 percent, comprised of a 7 percent occupancy tax and an additional 2 percent venue project tax. The City’s tax is in addition to the 6 percent rate imposed by the State of Texas.
I am available for questions and directions. I have a 16 year old kitty who is mostly indoors (my house only), but can sometimes be spied sunning herself in the backyard. You're free to use the the grill (one propane, one charcoal and 2 small smokers) and gather around the raised fire pit in the backyard. If I'm hosting a gathering, you're always invited! Volume levels considered, of course. Smoking allowed outside only. There are no animals in the rental space, but can be considered. Please enquire. Because of the loft bedroom, small children are not recommended. Please wash you dishes and do a general clean up. Feel free to put towels in the hamper in the closet. Thanks!
The tiny house was in a lovely, quiet neighborhood. The house was perfect for us for the week. We also enjoyed the fire pit in the back yard. Amy supplied some snacks and was there when needed, but was not at all intrusive. I would recommend the tiny house for anyone looking for a quiet spot in Austin.
Amy is a fantastic host, her communication is top notch and her Tiny House just the best kept secret in Austin!!
The place is well fit out and the breakfast / tea supplies are a welcome and lovely touch. Amy is an excellent host and her suggestions for enjoying Austin make for a wonderful experience.
Thanks Amy, we will be back!!
Delightful space. Just like a little home with desk, couch, bed, and kitchen. Well-furnished and comfortable. The little touches of the stocked kitchen (coffee, cereal, etc.) and bath really makes things easy and makes you feel at home. Neighborhood is close to airport, S Congress st shopping/music, and downtown. Very quite and funky neighborhood, lovely.
Very cute neighborhood - lots of trees, very hilly for texas! House exactly as described - seemed way bigger than pictures. Host very welcoming by text, left great snacks
Amy's tiny house was amazing and super quiet. It was a perfect place for a wedding weekend in Austin and super central to everything. I would recommend it to anyone!
I've spent a lot of time in Texas but it was always DFW or Houston-my husband and I love live music so have always wanted to visit the "live music capital" - Austin - and Tiny House made our first time the best possible trip. After spending 4 days in Austin I can very much imagine living in the city, particularly Amy's neighborhood. It reminds me of my college town, Iowa City, in a good way-super progressive, eco-friendly, awesome people, restaurants, & music. We took it slow & relaxed over our visit, but also made sure to get in some classic experiences- I even bought some cowboy boots (Allen's Boots)! We spent NYE at the iconic dive bar the Continental Club on South Congress, which is either a 5 minute drive or 10-15 minute walk from Tiny (website hidden) is incredibly well-located. EVERYWHERE we went was no more than 10 minutes to drive, usually 5. We would've walked more but the weather was cold & rainy unfortunately. Parking is easy - Amy has a private driveway for you in a fun & safe neighborhood. You could fit more than one car if you are a group. A bit more about what we did in case you use reviews for travel advice like I do: LBJ museum is awesome, SoCo shops are tons of fun, make sure to hit Torchy's tacos (food trucks are big here), San Antonio's beautiful RiverWalk is just a bit over an hour's drive away, great day trip with TH as a home base. Dallas would be about as far. HEB is a great grocery chain I didn't know before. Ok, the house-it feels so much bigger than you'd expect for Tiny. It was perfect for the two of us, but more could have fit. The bed is super comfy, as is the couch (which would fold out but we didn't use that). The kitchen has anything you'd need, and we grilled out in the gorgeous yard. We wish the weather had allowed us to spend more time out there with its fire pit and huge tree. We definitely want to come back when it's warmer to take advantage of more TH features. We lazed around a bit, using the really big tv and dvds Amy provides. She provides board games & books too. I was worried we'd be cold because it was so cold out, but it warms up fast with the ac/heat unit up in the loft, plus we used the provided space heater to supplement on the lower level on the really chilly nights & in the bathroom. The water in the bathroom heats up very nicely too, making showers very nice & hot. Keyless entry was very convenient. Amy was an awesome host, very quick to respond, helpful, accommodating, & sweet. We really cannot wait to visit again & wouldn't stay anywhere else than Tiny House!
This was our first experience with AirBnB and it blew our mind! So much so that I've already scheduled a trip for next month. The location was just right. A mile or less to SOCO, which I didn't know what that was before the trip. Basically, if you've outgrown the shenanigans of 6th street this is the place to be. Great food, people watching and atmosphere. The neighborhood was a treat as well. Tiny House is exactly as its portrayed in the photos, charming, quiet and relaxing. I'd definitely stay again.
I moved to Austin from San Francisco, sight unseen, 20 years ago and we've grown up together. I rented, then bought, my current home and have been here ever since! My house has been the hub of many gatherings and I'm a natural host- just ask my friends!
I'm active and am always up for adventure around town, out of town and around the world. I enjoy traveling, have lived abroad and logged many global miles, but it’s always nice to come home to enjoy all that Austin has to offer: music, dancing, natural springs, or enjoying the hike and bike trail along Lady Bird Lake.
I've been in the hospitality business for several years as a travel agent, bartender, catering and event coordinator, and would love to show you why Austin is the place to be!