About this listing
Coming to NYC for a boondoggle? Or perhaps for work? Why not combine a little of both? :) This apartment offers proximity to culture, nature, and everything in between.
I'm a designer with a lovely bright remodeled apartment in trendy Prospect Heights:
• centrally located
• 1 bedroom, 1 bath apartment
• Full kitchen with stainless steel appliances (dishwasher too!)
• Queen sized Tempur-Pedic bed
• Super comfy couch
• 2/3/B/Q subways - 3 minute walk (2 blocks)
• Super easy access to Manhattan ( 20 minutes via subway)
• on premise washer and dryer (card operated, you just add cash to it to use it)
• lots of books, hints of great concerts attended, and even an acoustic guitar should you feel inspired. :)
Less than 5 minute's walk:
• Subways! 2/3/B/Q
• Prospect Park - fantabulous for walkers / runners
• Grand Army Plaza Farmer's Market, held every Saturday
• Brooklyn Public Library
• Brooklyn Museum
• Brooklyn Botanical Gardens
• Amazing bars, cafes, restaurants, and grocery
10-15 minute's walk:
• Barclay Center
• Adjoining neighborhoods of Park Slope, Fort Greene, and Clinton Hill
This place has design inspired but not luxury finishes. It is modern within a traditional exterior, clean and has everything you need for a visit!
My cozy apartment is an amalgamation of 17+ years of world trekking (10 countries and 4 continents so far) so you will find little influences of that throughout. I'm a designer that specializes in making technology more accessible to every day people and empowering people with design and tech.
I live at my apartment full-time and rent it out when I travel. I think of Airbnb guests as friends who stay in my home. And because of this, if you happen to be new to AirBNB and don't have any reviews, please do verify yourself, provide a photo, and tell me a little something about yourself. Even if we never meet in person, I'd like you to be comfortable, and I will go out of my way to ensure that you have a great trip. That said, it's just little ol' me cleaning and organizing on your behalf--and I don't have the means to provide hotel-level service. Please enjoy the opportunity that Airbnb and my home provide to travel on the cheap to a world-class city while making a personal connection with a local!
The photos are representative and I respect my guests' privacy so thank you for understanding that I can not show the apartment. I extend the same courtesy to all of my guests.
Guests will be provided with pillows, bed linens, towels, and makings for tea and coffee (because I have personally been frustrated when I want a cuppa and there is none to be had). I'll have to take a photocopy of your drivers' licence or passport for security purposes upon booking.
This apartment can accommodate up to 3 people (2 in the queen bed, one on the couch), 2 would be more comfortable. That said, it may not be appropriate for people with super heavy luggage or who hate stairs.
ALSO: Smoking not permitted in apartment or bldg/ and No pets. If the dates that you are looking to book appear to be free, they are free. I update the calendar frequently so it is most likely accurate.
• Please help yourself to coffee / tea when you are here! :)
• Please remove your shoes upon entering the apartment
• Please load the dishwasher before you head out
• No pets
• No smoking
• Please do not be loud, especially after 9 pm - we like to be neighborly
• Check in & check out is pretty flexible except for the times when I have back to back guests. When that happens, please check out by noon so I can have some time to scrub everything down for the next guest to check in by 3.
• Limit of 3 people allowed in the apartment
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund plus service fees back.
This host has 1 review for other properties.View other reviews
My apartment contains inspirations for my work, pieces I have hauled lovingly back from Europe & Asia, vintage modern pieces, snapshots of my history, and eclectic art from far and near. I spent years living and working abroad (Sydney, Australia, London, Singapore, China) and frequently travel for my work. Having wandered to different locales, I always appreciate a cozy, inviting place to stay and some local knowledge. I try to offer the same for my guests. My apartment is convenient, quiet, and comfy. While I've been on AirBNB since 2011, I've just started letting my flat out recently and it's been wonderful meeting everyone!