About This Listing
Casually elegant blend of Tommy Bahama meets Palm Beach decor with waterfront/golf course views in Sawgrass Country Club, a luxury gated golf & tennis community, home of THE PLAYERS Championship, just minutes to the beach, shopping and restaurants!
ESCAPE TO THE BEACH FOR A ROMANTIC GETAWAY...SHARE A CHAMPAGNE TOAST ON THE LANAI, BAY BREEZES AND A BREATHTAKING SUNSET! PERFECT FOR BUSINESS TRAVELERS TOO!
TPC IS COMING IN EARLY MAY SO BOOK NOW! MY VILLA IS 2.8 MILES FROM THE COURSE, AND A FREE SHUTTLE IS AVAILABLE THAT RUNS ALL DAY AND WILL PICK YOU UP AT THE END OF MY STREET! PLEASE NOTE THAT MY RATE IS SLIGHTLY HIGHER DURING THIS PEAK DEMAND TIME! I HAVE HOSTED GUESTS 2 YEARS IN A ROW AT THE HIGHER RATE AND THEY BOTH LEFT EXCEPTIONAL REVIEWS AND LOVED THE VALUE AND CONVENIENCE!
Anytime is romantic when you're near the beach, and there are lots of exciting things to see and do on Florida’s Historic Coast, home to St. Augustine, which celebrates its 450th anniversary in 2015. Come be my guest and I will provide you with a plethora of ideas to set the mood and make lasting memories in this charming, quaint and seaside town!
This casually elegant Palm Beach and Tommy Bahama inspired 2 Bedroom/2.5 Bath waterfront two-story townhome is situated in the heart of Ponte Vedra Beach in a gated luxury golf and tennis community of Sawgrass Country Club overlooking a bay with golf course views and breathtaking sunsets. Surrounded by water - the ocean to the East, Little Bay Harbor to the West, the community pool at the end of the street, and adjacent to the Guana River State Park Nature Preserve which runs North/South, this is TRULY PARADISE!
The Villa resembles a houseboat, as the entire back wall of the living room is glass, and the rear deck actually cantilevers out over the water. You will see over a dozen turtles, and our resident gators, "Wally" and Willy swimming below the deck, as well as exotic water birds along the shoreline. This is definitely a "kick your shoes off and put your feet up" sort of dig, and you will feel immediately relaxed. I'm fully engaged with work and hobbies, so even though this is advertised as a "Private Room", you will enjoy most of the entire villa and common areas and have the place to yourself most of the time. I'm attentive, but not intrusive, and will be delighted to show you around the area.
YOUR ROMANTIC SUITE...Enjoy your private, sunny, 2nd Floor Guest Suite with lots of windows that beckon gentle sea breezes, en suite bath, and private veranda. Features include AT&T U-verse TV, 32" flat screen, DVD Player, WI-FI, Clock Radio and bedside multi-device charging station. There is a table/desk and chair that can be pulled up to work on your laptop, and a dresser and mirror and fresh tropical floral bouquet. Sink into the Queen-size Serta Perfect Sleeper mattress, 100% cotton hypo-allergenic mattress pad & pillow covers, luxurious linens, 100% cotton coverlet and custom bedding ensemble. Your private tiled Bath features a shower/tub combo with soft, fluffy 100% white cotton Spa towels. Your personal en suite mini-fridge is stocked with bottled water, corkscrew, stopper, and glassware. A hairdryer, ironing board, iron, and spray starch are available for your convenience, and toiletries should you forget yours. Your walk-in closet and dresser drawers are empty and ready for you to unpack and settle in!
CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST SERVED DAILY with hot brewed gourmet coffee and teas, juice, fresh fruit, English muffins, bagels, jams & jellies. I love to bake, so there's a good chance for fresh homemade banana or zucchini bread, coconut pound cake, muffins, oatmeal cookies, lemon bars or fruit cobbler! For a heartier appetite, enjoy the famous Beach Diner or a fresh pastry from the Starbuck's just across the street. I sometimes walk or ride my bike there.
THE PUBLIC BEACH ACCESS AT MICKLER'S LANDING is 4 minutes down A1A South or a short 1.3 mile bike ride to the Sawgrass Beach Club. You are welcome to borrow my beach cruisers, beach chairs, umbrella, beach towels, and cooler. Spend a relaxing day at the beach cruising the pristine, natural seascape with your hair blowing in the breeze and seagulls laughing in the background. You will find beautiful shells, bone, sea glass and plentiful sharks teeth. Truly a beachcomber’s paradise! Jax Beach and the Jax Beach Pier are a few miles to the North, and Vilano Beach and St. Augustine Beach to the South.
THE COMMUNITY POOL is just a short stroll to the end of my street.
NEIGHBORHOOD SIDEWALKS, BIKE AND WALKING TRAILS meander throughout the complex and across A1A for access to nearby shops and eateries.
IS THERE A MUSICIAN IN YOU? Strike up a melody on my Yamaha electronic keyboard or acoustic guitar. I'm always amazed at the musical talent of my Airbnb guests, and the number of people who enjoy playing!
LATE CHECK-OUT (2pm) Strict but negotiable; available at half-nightly rate if agreeable to host, and if I don't have another guest checking in. I need this time to "turn the room".
FULLY EQUIPPED KITCHEN AND DINING AREA: Prepare a gourmet meal in my fully-equipped main kitchen, or perhaps a quick meal or snack. There is a small fridge and wine cooler in the Dining area, and your own personal en suite mini-fridge to store your beverages and snacks. My big fridge makes tons of ice for your beach-bound cooler, and I have portable freezer packs as well.
LAUNDRY: Washer & Dryer, ironing board & iron available.
ABUNDANT WILDLIFE & NATURE AT THE VILLA: The grounds are impeccably maintained, and the nature surrounding this property includes a wide array of waterfowl such as egrets, ospreys, blue herons, roseate spoonbills, pelicans, cormorants, ducks, sea gulls, hawks, turtles, and resident gators visible from the screened Lanai, which you may never want to leave! Perfect for napping or reading. Watching the golfers is fun too!
NEARBY ATTRACTIONS, ENTERTAINMENT AND SHOPPING: Enjoy great shopping in Sawgrass Village or along A1A - boutiques, consignment stores, antique stores, and over 1,350 restaurants within a 5 mile radius of the condo. The Publix and The Fresh Market are just a block away, and the new Trader Joe's in Jax Beach is now open. Serious shoppers can visit the fabulous regional mall at St. Johns Town Center or the St. Augustine Premium Outlets - both just 25 minutes away. Many of the restaurants and local eateries are oceanfront, waterfront or Intercoastal which adds to the ambiance. LIVE MUSIC AND DANCING at some great local hotspots in Jax Beach are within a short drive of the Villa! And of course, just across the street is Starbuck's, Beach Diner, Pacific Fusion, Bogey's Grille, Mezcal Cantina, Brucci's Pizza, Mangroves, and a block down the street …Pusser’s Caribbean Grille, Aqua Grill, Restaurant Medure, Ruth's Chris Steakhouse and Table One. Just a short drive where all the locals hangout is LuLu's, Palm Valley Fish Camp, and more! CHECK OUT MY GUIDEBOOK!
WATER SPORTS OR OUTDOOR ENTHUSIAST?
Enjoy the beach, shelling, hunting for sharks teeth, swimming, surfing, boogie boarding, sailing, parasailing, kayaking, canoeing, fishing, deep-sea fishing, boat charters, hiking in the Guana River State Park Preserve, bird watching, etc. The N. Guana Outpost rents paddle boards and kayaks and can provide great advice on nature trails and excursions. They also provide delivery/pick-up Mickler's Landing for an extra $20 fee.
HISTORIAN AND ADVENTURIST? Visit the oldest city in the U.S., St. Augustine, which is celebrating its 500 year anniversary, just a 25 minute drive. See the Bridge of Lions, Castillo de San Marco, the St. Augustine Lighthouse, and the Alligator Farm. This quaint waterfront harbor town features horse-drawn carriages, amazing architecture and history, famous restaurants, shopping, antiques, and sightseeing galore. National Geographic and The Smithsonian voted ST. AUGUSTINE AS ONE OF THE TOP 20 CITIES IN THE WORLD TO VISIT IN 2013! I have local maps, guides and brochures for all of the local attractions.
- 5 minutes to Jacksonville Beach, Atlantic Beach and Neptune Beach
- 25 minutes to Downtown Jacksonville, Vilano Beach, St. Augustine and World Golf Village
- 40 minutes to/from the Jacksonville International Airport
- 1 hour to Fernandina Beach, Amelia Island or Daytona Beach
- 1.5 hours to St. Simons Island
- 2 hours to Savannah, or Orlando
CLICK ON MY "GUIDEBOOK" FOR LOCAL HOTSPOTS!
A GOLFER'S PARADISE IN PONTE VEDRA BEACH! Florida is THE golfing capital in the U.S. and Ponte Vedra Beach is THE spot!
2.8 miles to TPC Sawgrass (Ponte Vedra Beach), or just a short bike ride
-The Stadium Course, home of THE PLAYERS Tournament and the famous 17th hole, and Dye's Valley Course
10 minutes to Ponte Vedra Inn and Club
30 minutes to The Slammer & Squire and The King & Bear at World Golf Village in St. Augustine - home of the World Golf Hall of Fame & Museum and IMAX Theater - an experience of a lifetime, and truly "GOLF HEAVEN"!
I've stocked your Guest Suite with an array of golf magazines, golfer's guides, and literature so you'll be "loaded for bear" as you set out for the course!!
HAVE A 3RD GUEST? My other featured listing - "Waterfront Villa Sleeper - Beach & Golf" on the first floor, features a pull-out twin-size sleeper in my Study, and sliding doors to a lovely private courtyard patio. There is a half bath across the hallway, and the full Master Bath/Shower upstairs can be shared. This would be ideal for a traveling trio of friends, or a couple with a child or teenager.
SMOKE-FREE ENVIRONMENT - This property has been maintained as a healthy, smoke-free environment.
Guests will have access to all common areas - living room, dining room, main kitchen, downstairs powder room, screened lanai and porch, my garage to store your bike(s), and use of the community pool.
Interaction with Guests
I reside at the residence 100% of the time, but my work and hobbies keep me engaged, so you will enjoy plenty of alone time. The spacious layout of the villa permits guests to commune together comfortably. I am attentive, but not intrusive. I will welcome you upon arrival and will be delighted to show you around the area. If you enjoy more interaction, I frequently prepare family-style meals and invite my guests to join me, and share great food, wine, conversation and laughs. We all contribute something to the gathering, and it's great fun! (BYOB of course!)
THE UNIQUENESS OF THIS ACCOMMODATION IS UNPARALLELED IN VALUE, QUALITY AND PRICE - The ambiance, tranquility, water view, golf course view, privacy, romantic setting, exposure to wildlife, close proximity to the beach, golf, shopping, dining, nightlife, and safe gated, 24-hour manned security patrol make this the PERFECT VACATION RETREAT!
I highly recommend renting a car, as there is no bus service in Ponte Vedra Beach. You can walk or bike to a variety of local restaurants, boutiques and markets. Free parking in my turnaround outside my Villa front door. If you choose not to rent a car, you can take a 40 minute taxi ride, the Beaches Shuttle or Uber from the Airport directly to my door.
WELCOME GUESTS! JUST A FEW HOUSE RULES, BUT MOSTLY HELPFUL TIPS FOR REFERENCE DURING YOUR STAY. ALL STORAGE AREAS AND LIGHT SWITCHES ARE LABELED FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE, AND A HOUSE MANUAL IS PROVIDED IN YOUR GUEST SUITE.
1. UNAPPROVED GUESTS - Not permitted.
2. PHOTO ID & EMERGENCY INFO IS REQUIRED PRIOR TO CHECK-IN - NO EXCEPTIONS! Before providing a key to my residence, I require a Photo ID for each guest immediately after booking - either a copy of your Driver’s License OR Passport which can be scanned and emailed or photographed and texted to me. I need this to secure your Security Gate/Parking Pass. Also, I ask that you please complete a brief Guest Profile sheet that lists contact info for your next of kin, allergies, physical limitations, and provides me with your desired instructions for your care in case of an emergency.
3. CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST - I provide gourmet coffee & teas, a lovely assortment of breads - English muffins, muffins, croissants, toast, home-baked items, butter, jams and jellies, milk, Almond milk and juice for breakfast. I will also provide hard-boiled eggs by request. If you have dietary restrictions or gluten-intolerance, please feel free to bring your own items, or shop at our local grocery stores - the Sawgrass Publix or The Fresh Market, just a few blocks away. I provide my guests with their own personalized basket in the kitchen to store personal food items and will gladly free up a shelf in the big fridge if you need one.
4. ACCESS - I will arrange for a Security Gate/Parking Guest Pass for the duration of your stay. Upon check-in at the Sawgrass South Security Gate, simply state your name, and that you are Cris's guest, and provide my address. Place your pass visibly on the left-hand side of your dash to authorize your entry through the security gate and to park at my residence. Upon arrival, I will provide you with key. If you lose your pass, or wish to extend your stay, only I am authorized to request a replacement pass.
5. PARKING - Please park in one of the two spaces to the right of my garage.
6. SECURITY - Please secure my residence upon leaving by locking the bottom lock only. If you lose your key or get locked out, simply call me via cell for further instructions.
7. SPEED LIMITS - Please drive slowly and observe posted speed limits in the complex, as many residents are walking, jogging, walking dogs, biking and driving golf carts. You must yield to the golf carts, as the paths cross the road for access to the golf course on both sides of the street. We have 24/7 security patrols who do enforce safety.
8. OFF-LIMITS - My Master Bedroom Suite, and my suite upper deck are the only "off limits" space in the villa. However, I am always available to you, so please feel free to let me know if you need something! I love making my guests happy!
(website hidden)/DVD OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS AND WI-FI ACCESS CODE – The TV/DVD instructions and Wi-Fi code are provided in your Guest Suite, and on the Living Room coffee table. The Wi-Fi code is also posted in the downstairs Study, and the Kitchen on the Chalkboard Message Center.
10. FOOD & BEVERAGES – I furnish only Continental Breakfast. Please kindly furnish your own food items for lunch, dinner & snacks, condiments, olive oil, dressings, sodas, beer, wine, liquor and mixers. But don't hesitate to ask me if you need something. I offer complimentary bottled water. However, if you are spending a day at the beach, planning a day trip, or checking-out, please purchase your own extra bottled water for your cooler.
11. KITCHEN - You are welcome to use my fully-equipped Kitchen to prepare a quickie meal or snack, the large fridge, mini-fridge in the Dining Room, and your personal en suite mini-fridge. I do not allow frying with hot oil, or use of the stand mixer, food processor, or Griddler.
12. DISHES – Please kindly clean up after yourself; wash your own dirty dishes and glassware and put them away, or place them in the dishwasher after use. (No pots & pans in dishwasher please, just hand wash them.) I usually run the dishwasher late at night or every couple of days when there is a full load. If you are not sure where the dishes go, feel free to open the cabinets and place them with like mates. It's a small kitchen, and I color-coordinate and label everything.
13. KITCHEN TRASH & RECYCLING – The kitchen trash can is labeled and located in the pull-out cabinet to the right of the stove. The recycle bin is located in the First Floor Utility Closet and is labeled for your convenience. Please place all glass bottles, wine bottles, plastic water bottles, cardboard and newspapers there. Recycling pick-up is Monday at 8am; Trash pick-up is on Tuesdays and Fridays at 8am –and this is posted on the kitchen chalkboard message center. Please bring your recyclable containers and plastic trash bags from your Suite and deposit in the recycle bin or place your trash bag in the front foyer, and I’ll take it out for you. There are spare liners and twist-ties in the bottom of each waste can in your Suite and bathroom, and more under your sink vanity.
14. COFFEE TABLE BOOKS, COOKBOOKS, HARD-BOUND BOOKS – Please enjoy any and all of my books while you are at the Villa, but DO NOT take them from the Villa, to the Beach, or set drinks on them. Thank you!
15. MESSAGE BOARDS – The best way to reach me 24/7 is via TEXT. There is also a chalkboard/message board in the kitchen, note pads, and a “mark & wipe” board on your bedroom suite door.
16. CONSERVATION – Please turn off all overhead lights, lamps, fans, radios, TV's and appliances when not in use or when you are not occupying your Suite, kitchen, etc.!! Turn off the front porch light after arriving home late after dark. All switches are labeled. Being energy conscious saves $$$’s and enables me to offer the lowest rate to YOU!
17. THERMOSTATS - The Villa is super energy efficient and has two HVAC units – one upstairs and one downstairs. I keep the AC set to around 76 during the day, and a little cooler at night. However, please let me know if you are uncomfortable! DO NOT leave the sliding lanai sliding doors open while the AC is on, or it will freeze up the condenser.
18. MOSQUITOS – During the spring and summer months, please keep all exterior doors and screened doors closed to keep insects and mosquitoes out. It only takes a second for them to infiltrate, and impossible to get them out. Upon request, I can furnish fragrance-free insect repellant to use during your stay.
19. BUD MY PET CAT – Bud is an indoor cat, but curious about the outdoors and may try and slip out the front storm door to eat a little grass by the door or chase a gecko. The storm door latch is broken, so you must pull the door toward you and turn the latch to the right (clockwise) for it to catch. Bud is ID'd and micro-chipped, so if he does get out, he usually doesn’t go too far, down the sidewalk to the condo on the right, and he will let you pick him up. Simply lure him back in with some ham or tuna from the fridge. If you can’t find him, just call my cell to let me know that he’s out. THANKS!
20. THE BEACH CLOSET in the entry foyer, is stocked with beach chairs, towels, umbrellas, the “screwy umbrella anchor thingy”, beach bags, collapsible coolers, boogie board, noodles, hats, visors, beach reads - magazines, books, and sand buckets and shovels. You are welcome to use them! RULE: Please kindly rinse or brush off the sand before returning the items to the closet. There is a broom/dust pan in the hallway Utility Closet. Don't forget your sunscreen and sunburn first aid, as I do not furnish.
21. POST-BEACH VISITS – There is a garden hose on the front courtyard patio to the left of the Front Door for washing the sand off your feet, swimsuit, chairs, etc. and a handy brush and hanging hooks for sandy towels. There is a hamper in the foyer for used beach towels, however, if they are wet and full of sand, please rinse them out on the front patio with the garden house and hang them on the patio wall hooks to dry first. If you plan to use them again the next day and they are not dirty, simply shake out the sand outside and hang them in your guest room closet. If not, I will launder them, and return them to the "Beach Closet" for your use the next day. WET/SANDY TOWELS: Please don't place wet, sandy towels in the washer, as the sand is abrasive and will damage the motor, a costly repair!
22. BEACH CRUISER BIKES – I have four bikes - a Men's 10-speed, a Men's Beach Cruisers, Ladies 5-speed, and a Ladies Beach Cruisers which you are welcome to use if I am not using them. They each have a Sawgrass Decal, and there are two cable combo locks and there is a strap on baskets and bungie cords for toting your beach gear. Ask me for the combination codes. You are permitted to park the bicycles at the Sawgrass Beach Club in the bike rack provided, but not your car which requires membership. You are responsible for the bikes, so please use the bike cable combo locks provided! Please do not ride the 5-speed and 10-speeds on the sand, as the tires are too skinny and the salt and sand will destroy the gears.
23. EMERGENCY EXITS – The Front Door, or jump in the lake. Swim faster than the gator.
24. FLASHLIGHTS, EMERGENCY LIGHTING & SPARE LIGHT BULBS - An LED flashlight is provided on your nightstand, nightlights in each room, bathroom and hallway. I always leave a light on in the kitchen as well.
25. FIRST AID KIT – There are two – First Floor Foyer Vanity and in the upstairs Laundry Closet.
26. FIRE EXTINGUISHER – First Floor Utility Closet
27. PLUNGER - First Floor Utility Closet (Please report any leaks to me immediately!)
28. CLEANING TOOLS, SUPPLIES & SPILL KIT – FIRST FLOOR UTILITY CLOSET - is stocked with a vacuum, portable hand vacuum, brooms, mops, dusters, bucket, cleaning products and cloths, insect spray and tools. FOR SPILLS: Use the FOLEX spray, and a rag. FOLEX removes red wine – just spray and continue to blot. DO NOT moisten rag first with water, as it prevents the enzymes from working. GUEST BATH - There is also multi-purpose spray cleaner, sponges and paper towels under the vanity.
29. LAUNDRY CENTER (Upstairs hallway) - There is a Washer and Dryer, ironing board, iron, detergent, spot pre-treat, fabric softener sheets, and various cleaning products. YOUR SUITE: is equipped with an ironing board, iron, spray starch and lint brush.
30. VISITING PETS NOT ALLOWED – I’m an avid animal lover and former foster, however, I do not allow visiting pets out of respect for my resident cat Bud. He will adopt you while you are here, and offer up a good cuddle and serenade you with his very loud purring!
31. WORK HABITS - If you must work during your visit, please feel free to use my Study off the downstairs foyer. It has a desk with a slide out keyboard tray to place your computer. Respectully refrain from setting up your laptop and office files on the dining room table, as this is a shared space and utilized for meals. Your Guest Suite has two chairs that can be pulled up to the table/desk, and I have equipped the drawers with basic office tools – stapler, tape dispenser, calculator, paper clips, note pads, post-its, pens, pencils, etc. for your use.
32. THIS IS A SMOKE-FREE ENVIRONMENT, SO SMOKING OF ANY KIND, OR BURNING OF INCENSE IS PROHIBITED ON THE PREMISES. THANK YOU!
33. AT&T U-VERSE - You are welcome to view the FREE movies available via On-Demand for your enjoyment, or choose DVD’s from my home library. There is also a RedBox at the local Walgreen's a block away for $1 per movie rental.
I know these sound like a lot of rules, but my former Airbnb guests told me they LOVED THEM, as it clarified boundaries, and provided helpful tips on where to find things in my absence. My goal is to make your stay at Little Bay, your ULTIMATE Airbnb experience ever!
Just returned fron a six night stay at Cris' s home. It was my first time with Airbnb and I didn't know what to expect. Cris is warm and caring person. She made sure that I had everything I needed and my stay was an extremely wonderful experience. I am now hooked on Airbnb. Thank you Cris
Craig, thank you for the lovely review! It was an honor to host you, and I'm thrilled that you enjoyed your first Airbnb stay. I love to host Airbnb "newbies" as I lovingly refer to them, as I enjoy spoiling them and making their first experience memorable. I'm so happy I could treat you to a complimentary visit to the World Golf Hall of Fame & Museum as well! Stay in touch my friend!
Cris welcomed us warmly and went above and beyond to give us a great stay with her in Ponte Vedra. The weekend attending a friend's wedding could not have gone more smoothly and Cris and her beautiful home on the water in the Sawgrass community helped make it a great weekend. She had everything we could have needed from sunscreen to toothbrushes and was great to get to know in our couple of days around her house. Would definitely stay with Cris again!
My boyfriend and I stayed with Cris for a full week. This was an amazing experience for us. Cris' home is amazingly comfortable and beautiful. There is a covered patio overlooking the water, and where you can eat your meals. The room itself has a very comfortable bed and suite style bathroom. Cris let us use her bikes, so that we were able to bike to the beach (about 1 mile away) and restaurants in the neighborhood. Cris was kind enough to drive us to St. Augustine, where we enjoyed dinner with her and her boyfriend. It was a wonderful visit for us both!
Kris makes her guests feel like royalty. She has forgotten nothing from a welcome basket on the bed when you arrive to a power strip on the dresser for charging all of your electronics to a wonderful spread of fresh fruits and bread/English muffins and jam to greet you in the morning. I would highly recommend Kris as a host and her villa room When traveling to the Jacksonville/Ponte Vedra Beach area.
Cris is a marvelous hostess. From the moment we booked our trip with her, she engaged us via email and texts. We felt we knew her before we arrived.
Even though she was recovering from hip replacement surgery, Cris was upbeat and gracious. Her breakfasts were marvelous, with lots of fresh fruit and good coffee. One morning she made oatmeal with blueberries - yum!
The guest bedroom and adjoining bathroom were impeccable. As a matter of fact, the whole place is like a designer showroom! I especially loved sitting out on one of her many decks to read, catch the rays of sun, and a bit of a breeze. We felt like pampered guests, as Cris shared her entire beautiful townhouse with us.
The location is superb. We enjoyed the Ponte Verde Beach very much, and it's so close. We enjoyed the restaurant in St. Augustine that Cris recommended, and had fun touring Ripley's Believe It or Not Museum.
I can't praise Cris and her home enough. Words can't express what a delightful respite our week with her was for us!
This host has 21 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Cris
I'm excited to welcome you as my Guest, and introduce you to the local culture of this gorgeous, natural coastal area! While I've been hosting and entertaining for years, when I discovered Airbnb in February of 2013, I fell in love with the concept. My long time friends who know me well, say that they feel as if they're in a "Bed & Breakfast" when they visit me...truly the ultimate compliment! I know it's all about "southern hospitality". I am a very nurturing host, and with my passion for decorating, cooking, and socializing, I'm confident that you'll feel right at home in my tranquil space. My work and hobbies keep me engaged, so you will enjoy plenty of alone time. I am attentive, but not intrusive. I will welcome you upon arrival and will be delighted to show you around the area.
I was born and raised in Atlanta, where I spent most of my life, before moving to Ponte Vedra Beach 7 years ago. I'm single, and share my space with my cat Bud who thinks he is a dog, after having been raised with two 100 lb. yellow Labs.
While in Atlanta, I worked in the corporate world as I do now, and have owned my own part-time interior design business for 32 years which has enabled me to embrace my passion and build three custom homes, and renovate numerous others. Several of my interior design projects were featured in Atlanta Homes magazine. Airbnb hosting is the perfect creative outlet for me, as I'm very much a "domestic goddess" and it satiates my entrepreneurial spirit.
I traveled the U.S. from coast-to-coast, Canada and Puerto Rico with my husband before losing him to cancer 10 years ago. I later traveled to the Bahamas, and Positano, Italy on the Amalfi Coast, Naples and Rome. Italy is my favorite destination thus far, and Tuscany, Venice and Florence are next on my list, as are Paris, Belize, St. Maarten, Costa Rica, California wine country, The Adirondacks, and the Grand Canyon. There are many destinations I long to visit, and being an Airbnb host enables me to meet new people, learn about their cultures and share their travel experiences before embarking on my own. I will definitely utilize Airbnb for my lodging!
I'm currently in marketing in the golf industry, to promote the game of golf, the preservation of golf history, and honoring golf's greatest contributors. My profession enables me to work closely with the PGA Tour, PGA Tour Canada, LPGA Tour, Champions Tour, Web-com Tour, European Tour, and serve as liaison for professional golfers when they are visiting locally. I also coordinate marketing through the Florida Visitors and Conventions Bureau and the Florida Attractions Association to promote tourism, so I can provide you with plenty of brochures, maps and suggestions on fun things to do if sunning, swimming, shelling, and hunting for sharks teeth isn't quite enough!
In my spare time, I play piano and guitar, and enjoy painting, drawing, sewing custom decorative items for the home, reupholstering, refinishing and repurposing old furniture. I enjoy gardening, fishing, gourmet cooking and entertaining, trying new wines, traveling and exploring new places, and meeting new people from different cultures. But most of all, cultivating new friendships, and expanding my cherished circle of friends that I've met as an Airbnb host.
As your host, I am extremely friendly, casual and laid-back with a zany sense of humor. I've lived through a lot of stuff, so not much bothers me. I will treat you like family from the moment you arrive, so don't be shocked if you run into me in my PJ's at the coffee pot in the morning or grabbing a late night snack...that's just how I roll. Life is too short to worry about the small stuff. Feel free to be yourself and make yourself at home while you are here. I am more like a sister, best friend, or your aunt. You are here to experience what it's like to live like a local in my coastal area home, so experience and see what you can. My goal is to make your stay the BEST, most COMFORTABLE, and most MEMORABLE Airbnb stay EVER! I love Airbnb "newbies" as I lovingly refer to first-timers, and I will convert you!
A few of my favorite things...
FAV MOVIE - "Under the Tuscan Sun". Diane Lane takes a spontaneous trip to Tuscany after a divorce, falls in love with a Tuscan villa, buys and renovates it. I could SO totally do that!
A FAV BOOK is, "Unpacking your Bags" about detaching yourself from so many possessions, so you live a simpler, less stressful life and gain freedom to travel without excess baggage. (Hmnn....I need to work on that!)
FAV SHOWS - I love Modern Family, and don't laugh, but "The Millionaire Matchmaker" on the Bravo Channel. It's hilarious, and ironically, I've picked up a few really great dating tips! My latest favorite shows are always on HGTV and the Food Network - "Fixer Upper" with Chip and Joanna Gaines, and "The Pioneer Woman" with Ree Drummond. I love the rustic wholesome way of life, creativity and inspiration!
FAV MUSIC - Tommy Emmanuel, Mumford & Sons, Bruno Mars, Lady Antebellum, Adele, Eric Clapton, The Stones, Tom Petty, Miranda Lambert, Dire Straits, B-52's, Tim McGraw, Pink Floyd.
FAV COMEDIAN OF ALL TIMES...George Carlin. He was a genius, and I miss him terribly. I still watch and listen to him, laugh until I cry and my abs ache. My favorite episode was entitled "Stuff".
FAV FOOD - Don't know why, but I just love Broccoli. And Coastal cuisine - anything with claws or fins...Crabcakes with a Buerre Blanc sauce and Corn Relish, Firecracker Shrimp, Bang Bang Shrimp. My grandmother Nellie from Maryland who lived to be 93, made the best crabcakes EVER!
A FEW OF MY LIFE MOTTOS...
*Live life as if each day were your last, dance as if no one were watching, keep your heart open to new friendships and love.
*Perform at least one good deed every day.
*The only difference between a good day and a bad day is your attitude.
*Laughter is the best medicine, so over-medicate every chance you get!
*It's okay to eat your dessert first.
*Don't trust anyone your cat or dog doesn't like.
MY FAVORITE QUOTE...
Frederico Fellini: "You have to live spherically - in many directions. Never lose your childish enthusiasm - and things will come your way."
GolfGolf Club Drive Ponte Vedra Beach FL 32082
Sushi to die for!Fairfield Blvd Ponte Vedra Bch FL 32082
Who doesnt love coffee?Fairfield Blvd Ponte Vedra FL 32082
Fabulous consignment shop!Fairfield Boulevard Ponte Vedra Bch FL 32082
Great burgers fries just a bike ride away!Fairfield Blvd Ponte Vedra Beach FL 32082
Fresh sandwiches salads just a bike ride away - great for a beach picnic lunch!A1A N Ponte Vedra Bch FL 32082
Good food!A1A N Ponte Vedra Beach FL 32282
Great breakfast and lunch!A1a N # 2 Ponte Vedra Bch FL 32082
Great burgers, wings, cocktails and sports bar!Valley Circle Ponte Vedra Bch FL 32082
Amazing selection of fresh produce, meats, deli, bakery, floral and specialty items. A must see!A1A North Ponte Vedra Beach FL 32082
Exceptional food, upscale casual.A1A North Palm Valley FL 32082
Excellent Steaks Chops!A1A North Ponte Vedra FL 32082
Best Happy Hour in town and just 2 blocks away. $5 Appetizers and $3 cocktails everyday. Great food, and home of the Pain Killer cocktail!A1A North Palm Valley FL 32082
Bike rentalA1A N. Suite #106 Ponte Vedra FL 32082
Great picnic sandwiches and salads, located just a block from Micklers Landing Public Beach.A1A N Ponte Vedra Beach FL 32082
Paddleboard, canoe and kayak rentals, bait, tackle and supplies.Mickler Rd Ponte Vedra Beach FL 32082
Great food and ambience in the heart of Ponte Vedra Beach!Sawgrass Village Drive Ponte Vedra Bch FL 32082
Golf, home of THE PLAYERS TournamentChampionship Way Ponte Vedra Beach FL 32082
Great pizza, pasta!A1A North Ponte Vedra FL 32082
GolfAlta Mar Drive Ponte Vedra Bch FL 32082
Great local hotspot right on the intercoastal to watch the boats go by.Roscoe Blvd N Ponte Vedra Bch FL 32082
My #1 FAV neighborhood dive! Great small plates, flatbreads, burgers, and entrees, and happy hour with live music. Consistently scrumptious food, exceptional service and lively ambience.A1A N Ponte Vedra Bch FL 32082
Cruisers Grill has the best burgers, and huge French fries to die for with ranch sauce for dipping. Better yet is the fact you can sit out on the porch in your swimsuit.23rd Avenue South Jacksonville Bch FL 32250
Excellent Cancer TreatmentSan Pablo Road South Jacksonville FL 32224
Great golf and home of the World Golf Hall of Fame Museum and IMAX Theater! MUST SEE!! Golf Heaven!World Golf Place St. Augustine FL 32092
Caps is the perfect spot on the Intercoastal to watch the boats and magnificent sunsets over a cold beer, wine or cocktail! Scrumptious appetizers, entrees, and ambience!Myrtle Street St. Augustine FL 32084