About this listing
Please come stay in my incredibly charming, peaceful, and fantastically located apartment! Enjoy your own private flat screen TV with Netflix, a very comfy bed, fast & reliable WIFI, a spacious bathroom with rain showerhead & laundry facilities, a beautiful sunroom with hammock, a fully-equipped kitchen, an office, a balcony, & a very friendly kitty, on one of the most beautiful streets in the most wonderful neighbourhood of Montreal.
I have a big, beautiful room for rent in my absolutely wonderful Plateau apartment.
The apartment is situated in the very heart of the neighbourhood on avenue Laval, a street which is known for its fantastic central location and beautiful character homes.
The apartment is the top floor of a triplex and features exposed brick in three rooms, hardwood floors, a stunning, fully-equipped kitchen, a beautiful sunroom, a charming covered balcony, a spacious bathroom (shared with me), an office, a washer & dryer, a dishwasher, a friendly cat and a quiet host. There is a view of the Mont Royal Cross from the sunroom and a view of the magnificent Eglise Saint Jean Baptiste from the front balcony. You can even hear the bells toll beautifully everyday at noon and 6pm.
The room for rent is quite large with a 12-foot exposed brick wall and features personally controlled heating, a white flat screen TV with dvd/blue ray player & Netflix (Netflix only, no channels), a very comfy armchair, an alarm clock, a dresser, a full-length mirror, a beautiful old chest, a very comfortable double-sized bed and a nice window overlooking the quiet street that lets in lots of natural light.
Also in the room are city maps and guidebooks, an electrical outlet converter for my European guests, a standing cosmetic mirror, hangers for your clothing, and a binder full of business cards from local restaurants, cafes, shops, banks, gyms, spas, etc. I've also put a lot of great suggestions into the Airbnb 'guidebook', so please feel free to take a look at it.
Guests are free to make use of all the rooms in the apartment except mine.
Interaction with guests
I like to offer my guests plenty of privacy, but I am always available to give guidance or recommendations if they need either during their stay.
Other things to note
- super-speedy and reliable WIFI
- TV with blue ray/dvd player & Netflix for your private use
- books & films to borrow
- Montreal guidebooks & maps
- juicer, microwave, rice cooker, 4-slice toaster, kettle, 2 french press coffee makers, dishwasher...
- coffee & a selection of teas with sugar & honey (if you require milk or cream, please let me know ahead of time as I do not keep these items in the house)
- "share shelf" in the pantry
- your own side of the fridge and space in the pantry
- hair dryer/flat iron
- laundry facilities
- iron/ironing board
- towels & extra sheets
- shampoo, conditioner & lavender body wash
- a locally-made maple treat on your pillow when you arrive
- veggie friendly
- LGBT friendly
Parking: I suggest parking at a lot that is $10 overnight and a five-minute walk away. It is at the corner of rue Drolet and rue Marie-Anne.
Packing: I suggest packing for a variety of cold & warm, wet & dry as the weather can be fairly unpredictable in Montreal. Also, winter guests should note that my favourite suggestion for a relaxing, cold weather activity requires a bathing suit, so please pack yours if you are intrigued!
I have been living in this wonderful city for 8 years and am more than willing to share whatever knowledge of it I have. I'm happy to accommodate so please let me know if there is anything that I can do to make your stay more enjoyable.
Thanks for reading and I hope to welcome you soon!
*Please note that although check-in is flexible, check-in is never possible before the previous guests have checked-out, and they are welcome to stay until noon. If they leave earlier than this time, you are welcome to arrive earlier as well.
*Please also note that on weekdays I am at work and unable to immediately clean the guest room between visits. My new guests are welcome to let themselves into the space with the lockbox key, leave their bags in the hall and use the rest of the rooms in the apartment until I am able to return from work and prepare the guest room for them, typically between 4 and 6pm.
- Please avoid using the kitchen between the hours of midnight and 7am (the kitchen is next to my room and I wake up when someone is there)
- Please avoid showering between the hours of midnight and 7am (for the same reason)
- Please do not bring anyone into my home without my permission
- Please keep shared spaces the way you found them
- No smoking or drugs
- Please be respectful of the neighbours
- Please be nice to Corky the cat and keep her inside (She is an outdoor cat but I will let her out myself. When I am not home, please make sure both front doors are always closed so she doesn't escape)
- Please remove your shoes at the bottom of the stairs
- Please recycle
- Please do not eat messy foods or drink coffee/red wine in the guest room (I will be seeking compensation for anything damaged or stained)
- I am vegan. Please do not cook any meat in the kitchen. (Eggs are fine. Bringing home leftovers or anything already cooked is fine. If you're not sure, just check with me.)
- Please avoid wearing acne creams as they bleach the towels/pillow cases
- The bathroom hand towels are for hands only. Please use the small rolled face towels provided to wipe your face/mouth.
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund. Cancel within 7 days of your trip and the reservation is non-refundable.
This host has 3 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
I'm 32 from Ottawa and have lived in Montreal for 8 wonderful years. I love nature, animals, the arts, travel and adventure. I work at a centre for neurological research and participate in theatre productions in my spare time.
I'd like to think I'm both private and social in a good balance. I enjoy connecting and I also enjoy time to myself.
I truly love being an Airbnb host! It has been a pleasure to share my wonderful neighbourhood and my beautiful, peaceful home with people from all around the world.
Happy traveling, everyone!