About this listing
Come stay in my stunning, quiet & fantastically located apartment! Enjoy complimentary Montreal bagels, your own private TV with Netflix, speedy and reliable WIFI, a spacious bathroom with laundry, a beautiful sunroom with a hammock, a fully-equipped kitchen, a friendly kitty & much, much more.
I have a big, beautiful room for rent in my absolutely wonderful Plateau apartment.
The apartment is situated in the heart of the neighbourhood on avenue Laval. This street is known for its fantastic central location and beautiful character homes.
It is the top floor of a triplex and features exposed brick in both bedrooms and the kitchen, hardwood floors, a sunroom with hammock, balcony, spacious bathroom (shared with me), washer & dryer, dishwasher, a friendly cat and a quiet host. There is a view of the Mont Royal Cross from the sunroom and a view of the magnificent Eglise Saint Jean Baptiste from the front balcony. You can even watch the bells toll daily at noon and 6pm.
The room for rent is large with a 12-foot exposed brick wall and features self-controlled heating, a white flat screen tv with dvd/blue ray player and Netflix all to yourself, a comfy arm chair, an alarm clock, a dresser, a full-length mirror, a beautiful old chest and a very comfortable double-sized memory foam futon.
Also in the room is a binder full of business cards from local restaurants, cafes, shops, banks, gyms, spas, etc. I've also put a lot of great suggestions into the Airbnb 'guidebook', so please feel free to take a look at it.
The Plateau is the most desired neighbourhood to live in in Montreal. There are endless great restaurants to try, endless lovely shops to visit and the architecture is absolutely beautiful!
If you walk in any direction for 5 minutes from this apartment, you will find yourself on a trendy street that possesses some of the best restaurants, cafes, bars & shops that Montreal has to offer. The location is also very ideal for nature lovers and outdoor enthusiasts being just a 5-10 minute walk to Parc Lafontaine or Mont Royal.
Here are some things to do on/around Mont Royal in cold or warm weather:
• take a hike to the lookout or the Mont Royal Cross (both pictured above)
• go for a jog up the mountain path
• enjoy the mountain bike paths (bikes can be rented around the corner from the apartment)
• ice skate or toboggan at Beaver Lake (Lac de Castors)
• find and explore the Mont Royal cemetery
• sit and watch a football or soccer game
• have a picnic (In summer, there are always people picnicking in these parks day & night. You can even bring a bottle of wine; drinking in parks is allowed by law as long as you have food.)
• enjoy the Tam-Tam festival every Sunday (summer only)
It is a very safe and pleasant ten-minute walk to the Mont Royal or Sherbrooke metro stations on the orange line and it is easy to get here from the bus and train stations. It is also only one metro stop away from where the airport shuttle bus leaves you.
There are also BIXI bikes. This option is not available all year, but if the service is still available during your stay, it's a great way to get around.
Other Things to Note
- super-speedy WIFI
- blue/ray dvd player in room with usb port & Netflix
- books & films to borrow
- Montreal guidebooks, maps and leaflets
- juicer, microwave, rice cooker, 4 slice toaster, french press coffeemaker...
- coffee & tea provided
- "share shelf" in the pantry
- complimentary Montreal bagels (cream cheese, butter & locally made jam provided)
- your own designated shelf in the pantry & side of the fridge
- hair dryer
- iron/ironing board
- towels & extra sheets
- shampoo/soap/tooth brushes/razors available if you forget yours
- a local treat on your pillow when you arrive
- vegetarian friendly
Parking: I suggest parking at a lot that is $10 overnight and a five-minute walk away. It is at the corner of Drolet and Marianne.
Packing: I suggest packing for a variety of cold & warm, wet & dry as the weather can be fairly unpredictable in Montreal. Also, couples should note that my favourite suggestion for a romantic, cold weather activity requires a bathing suit, so please pack yours if you are intrigued!
I have been living in this wonderful city for almost 6 years and am more than willing to share whatever knowledge of it I have. I'm happy to accommodate so please let me know if there is anything that I can do to make your stay more enjoyable.
Thanks for reading and I hope to welcome you soon!
- Please try to avoid using the kitchen between the hours of midnight and 8 am. The kitchen is next to my bedroom and I wake up when someone is there (something quick like a glass of water is just fine).
- Please ask before bringing anyone else into my home.
- Please keep shared spaces the way you found them.
- No smoking & no drugs.
- Please be respectful of the neighbours.
- Please be nice to Corky the cat and keep her inside. She is an outdoor cat but I will let her outside myself. When I am not home, please make sure both front doors are always closed so she doesn't escape.
- Please remove your shoes in the stairs. You can carry them to the matt in the hall which is just for you.
- Please recycle.
- Please do not wear acne creams to sleep. It bleaches the pillow cases.
Thank you! :)