About this listing
Come stay in my stunning, quiet & fantastically located apartment! Enjoy complimentary Montreal bagels, your own private TV with Netflix, speedy and reliable WIFI, a spacious bathroom with laundry, a beautiful sunroom with a hammock, a fully-equipped kitchen, a friendly kitty & much, much more.
I have a big, beautiful room for rent in my absolutely wonderful Plateau apartment!
The apartment is situated in the very heart of the neighbourhood on avenue Laval, a street which is known for its fantastic central location and beautiful character homes.
The apartment is the top floor of a triplex and features exposed brick in three rooms, hardwood floors, a stunning, fully-equipped kitchen, a beautiful sunroom, a charming covered balcony, a spacious bathroom (shared with me), an office, a washer & dryer, a dishwasher, a friendly cat and a quiet host. There is a view of the Mont Royal Cross from the sunroom and a view of the magnificent Eglise Saint Jean Baptiste from the front balcony. You can even hear the bells toll beautifully everyday at noon and 6pm.
The room for rent is large with a 12-foot exposed brick wall and features self-controlled heating, a white flat screen tv with a dvd/blue ray player & Netflix all to yourself, a very comfy arm chair, an alarm clock, a dresser, a full-length mirror, a beautiful old chest, a very comfortable double-sized bed and a window overlooking the quiet street.
Also in the room is a binder full of business cards from local restaurants, cafes, shops, banks, gyms, spas, etc. I've also put a lot of great suggestions into the Airbnb 'guidebook', so please feel free to take a look at it.
The Plateau is the most desired neighbourhood to live in in Montreal. It is very charming and central. There are endless cafes and restaurants to try, endless shops to visit and the architecture is absolutely beautiful!
If you walk in any direction for five minutes or less from this apartment, you will find yourself on a very lively street with some of the best restaurants, cafes, bars and shops that Montreal has to offer. The location is also perfectly ideal for people who love nature and the outdoors as it is an equal ten-minute walk to both Parc Lafontaine and Parc Mont Royal. In five minutes you could be strolling down a trendy street, or in ten minutes you could be walking in the woods! It is the best of both worlds.
It is a very safe and pleasant ten-minute walk to either the Mont Royal or Sherbrooke metro station on the orange line, and it is easy to get here from the bus and train stations (both are on the orange line). The apartment is also only one metro stop or a 20-minute walk away from where the 747 airport shuttle bus leaves you (Berri UQAM).
There is also a bike rental shop right around the corner from the apartment, or a BIXI bike stand at each corner of the block. I recommend BIXI for city biking and the bike shop if you want to go up Mont Royal.
Other Things to Note
- super-speedy and reliable WIFI
- TV with blue ray/dvd player & Netflix for your private use
- books & films to borrow
- Montreal guidebooks & maps
- juicer, microwave, rice cooker, 4-slice toaster, kettle, 2 french press coffeemakers, dishwasher...
- coffee & tea provided (also sugar, honey & milk or cream)
- "share shelf" in the pantry
- delicious complimentary Montreal bagels (cream cheese, butter & locally made jam provided)
- your own side of the fridge and space in the pantry
- hair dryer
- laundry facilities
- iron/ironing board
- towels & extra sheets
- shampoo/soap (items like tooth brushes are available if you forget yours)
- a local treat on your pillow when you arrive
- vegetarian friendly
- LGBTQ friendly
Parking: I suggest parking at a lot that is $10 overnight and a five-minute walk away. It is at the corner of rue Drolet and rue Marie-Anne.
Packing: I suggest packing for a variety of cold & warm, wet & dry as the weather can be fairly unpredictable in Montreal. Also, winter guests should note that my favourite suggestion for a relaxing, cold weather activity requires a bathing suit, so please pack yours if you are intrigued!
I have been living in this wonderful city for 7 years and am more than willing to share whatever knowledge of it I have. I'm happy to accommodate so please let me know if there is anything that I can do to make your stay more enjoyable.
Thanks for reading and I hope to welcome you soon!
- Please avoid using the kitchen between the hours of midnight and 7am. The kitchen is next to my room and I wake up when someone is there (the floors are quite creaky)
- Please do not shower between the hours of midnight and 7am
- Please do not bring anyone into my home without my permission
- Please keep shared spaces the way you found them
- No smoking or drugs
- Please be respectful of the neighbours
- Please be nice to Corky the cat and keep her inside. She is an outdoor cat, but I will let her out myself. When I am not home, please make sure both front doors are always closed so she doesn't escape.
- Please remove your shoes at the bottom of the stairs
- Please recycle
- Please do not eat messy foods or drink red wine in the guest room. I will be seeking compensation for anything damaged or stained.
- Please avoid wearing acne creams as they bleach the towels/pillow cases.
Thank you! Have a wonderful stay!
Your mattress is a very comfortable double-sized Sealy Beauty Rest. There is a wooden bed frame that is low to the ground.
I'm 32 years old, from Ottawa and have lived in Montreal for 7 wonderful years. I love nature, animals, the arts, travel and adventure. I work at a centre for neurological research and participate in theatre productions in my spare time.
I'd like to think I'm both private and social in a good balance. I enjoy connecting and I also enjoy time to myself.
I truly love being an airbnb host! It's a pleasure to share my vibrant neighbourhood and charming, tranquil apartment with people from all around the world.
Happy traveling, everyone!