About this listing
Come stay in my stunning, quiet & fantastically located apartment! Enjoy free Montreal bagels, your own private tv with Netflix, speedy WIFI, a large bathroom with laundry, a beautiful sunroom with hammock, a fully-equipped kitchen & much, much more.
I have a big, beautiful room for rent in my absolutely wonderful Plateau apartment.
The apartment is situated in the heart of the neighbourhood on avenue Laval. This street is known for its fantastic central location and beautiful character homes.
It is the top floor of a triplex and features exposed brick in both bedrooms and the kitchen, hardwood floors, a sunroom with hammock, balcony, spacious bathroom (shared with me), washer & dryer, dishwasher, a friendly cat and a quiet host. There is a view of the Mont Royal Cross from the sunroom and a view of the magnificent Eglise Saint Jean Baptiste from the front balcony. You can even watch the bells toll daily at noon and 6pm.
The room for rent is large with a 12-foot exposed brick wall and features self-controlled heating, a white flat screen tv with dvd/blue ray player and Netflix all to yourself, a comfy arm chair, an alarm clock, a dresser, a full-length mirror, a beautiful old chest and a very comfortable double-sized memory foam futon.
Also in the room is a binder full of business cards from local restaurants, cafes, shops, banks, gyms, spas, etc. I've also put a lot of great suggestions into the Airbnb 'guidebook', so please feel free to take a look at it.
The Plateau is the most desired neighbourhood to live in in Montreal. There are endless great restaurants to try, endless lovely shops to visit and the architecture is absolutely beautiful!
If you walk in any direction for 5 minutes from this apartment, you will find yourself on a trendy street that possesses some of the best restaurants, cafes, bars & shops that Montreal has to offer. The location is also very ideal for nature lovers and outdoor enthusiasts being just a 5-10 minute walk to Parc Lafontaine or Mont Royal.
Here are some things to do on/around Mont Royal in cold or warm weather:
• take a hike to the lookout or the Mont Royal Cross (both pictured above)
• go for a jog up the mountain path
• enjoy the mountain bike paths (bikes can be rented around the corner from the apartment)
• ice skate or toboggan at Beaver Lake (Lac de Castors)
• find and explore the Mont Royal cemetery
• sit and watch a football or soccer game
• have a picnic (In summer, there are always people picnicking in these parks day & night. You can even bring a bottle of wine; drinking in parks is allowed by law as long as you have food.)
• enjoy the Tam-Tam festival every Sunday (summer only)
It is a very safe and pleasant ten-minute walk to the Mont Royal or Sherbrooke metro stations on the orange line and it is easy to get here from the bus and train stations. It is also only one metro stop away from where the airport shuttle bus leaves you.
There are also BIXI bikes. This option is not available all year, but if the service is still available during your stay, it's a great way to get around.
Other Things to Note
- super-speedy WIFI
- blue/ray dvd player in room with usb port & Netflix
- books & films to borrow
- Montreal guidebooks, maps and leaflets
- juicer, microwave, rice cooker, 4 slice toaster, french press coffeemaker...
- coffee & tea provided
- "share shelf" in the pantry
- complimentary Montreal bagels (cream cheese, butter & locally made jam provided)
- your own designated shelf in the pantry & side of the fridge
- hair dryer
- iron/ironing board
- towels & extra sheets
- shampoo/soap/tooth brushes/razors available if you forget yours
- a local treat on your pillow when you arrive
- vegetarian friendly
Parking: I suggest parking at a lot that is $10 overnight and a five-minute walk away. It is at the corner of Drolet and Marianne.
Packing: I suggest packing for a variety of cold & warm, wet & dry as the weather can be fairly unpredictable in Montreal. Also, couples should note that my favourite suggestion for a romantic, cold weather activity requires a bathing suit, so please pack yours if you are intrigued!
I have been living in this wonderful city for almost 6 years and am more than willing to share whatever knowledge of it I have. I'm happy to accommodate so please let me know if there is anything that I can do to make your stay more enjoyable.
Thanks for reading and I hope to welcome you soon!
- Please do not use the kitchen between the hours of midnight and 8 am. The kitchen is next to my bedroom and I wake up when someone is there (something quick like a glass of water is fine).
- Please ask before bringing extra guests into my home.
- Please keep shared spaces the way you found them.
- No smoking & no drugs.
- Please be respectful of the neighbours.
- Please be nice to Corky the cat and keep her inside. She is an outdoor cat but I will let her outside myself. When I am not home, please make sure both front doors are always closed so she doesn't escape.
- Please remove your shoes in the stairs. You can carry them to the matt in the hall which is just for you.
- Please recycle.
- Please do not wear acne creams to sleep. It bleaches the pillow cases.
Thank you! :)
Natalie was an amazing host!! Thoughtful, welcoming and very interesting to talk to! Although we only had a short stay with her, we were made to feel at home right from the first moment we came through the door :)
She also has such a lovely place as well! If we ever came back to Montreal again she would definitely be our first pick, and we would have absolutely no hesitation in coming back for a longer stay :)
I had a great stay at Natalie's home. The apartment is lovely, spacious and bright. The bedroom is a great size and the shower is excellent. The location is really good, plenty of bars and restaurants in the immediate neighbourhood. Natalie was welcoming, helpful and friendly at all times.
Natalie is a very attentive and we got a warm welcome as soon as we arrived.
The apartment is perfectly located and lovely, so as the neighbourhood.
It is a perfect place to stay in Montreal.
Natalie est une très bonne hôte! Elle est très bien organisée et son appartement tout à fait adorable est situé dans un quartier tranquille, mais très central.
Natalie was a very welcoming host! She was super informative about her neighborhood, and shared some of her favorite spots. They were excellent recommendations! Even though I already knew the area, she introduced me to some lovely places I hadn't yet been to!
She was very helpful and did everything to ensure I was comfortable and had an excellent stay. We even went to the theatre together to catch one of the Circus Festival's shows which was playing at a local theatre! Merci, Natalie!
Natalie is very hospitable and friendly and her apartment is super cute and clean.
The appartment and the private room for us was specially prepared for us. There was a little black board in the kitchen, wellcoming us by or names. In the evening when we came back from a walk, Natalie was very cordial to wellcome us.
This host has 3 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Natalie
I am from Ottawa and I've lived in Montreal for 6 wonderful years. I love nature, animals, the arts, travel and adventure. I work in administration at a centre for neurological research and participate in theatre productions in my spare time.
I'd like to think I'm both private and social in a good balance. I enjoy connecting and I also enjoy time to myself.
I truly love being an airbnb host!
Happy traveling, everyone!