Come stay in our cozy studio apartment. With its private entrance, enjoy a cheerful kitchen, fully-tiled bathroom with tub in a quiet neighborhood within walking distance to restaurants and bars of N. Williams, Historic Mississippi and Alberta Arts.
This remodeled unit is perfect for one or two people looking for a quiet and clean space. New Seasons (a local grocery chain) is nearby and provides an easy walk for groceries or a gourmet buffet when you don’t feel like messing up the kitchen. In the studio you will find lots of windows, a very comfortable double-bed, coffee and tea as well as towels, sheets, blankets, shampoo and soap. And of course we offer free Wi-Fi.
You can hang out on the front porch or in the backyard - where urban gardening is underway - enjoying the warm Portland summer nights with a glass of wine or a pint of local beer. We have washer and dryer onsite for your use.
Interaction with Guests
Friendly owners will offer tips and answer your questions. We are around for a chat or you can have all the privacy you like, it's up to you.
Only a few blocks from Historic Mississippi and Alberta Arts night-life, bike paths and bus routes, you can cook up a storm or grab a bite from one of the food carts. Portland’s known for great food, and you can find restaurants -- like Tasty n Sons or the Lincoln on N Williams -- and pubs like Hopsworks and Prost fit for your palate close by. Check out our guidebook for the details.
There is plenty of free 24h street parking in front of our house.
Distance to the Rose Garden Arena (Moda Center) is about 1.5 miles, about 2 miles to The Oregon Convention Center and the Chinese Garden and about 2.2 miles to Downtown Portland.
Some Details about our location:
- Bus stops to Downtown, one block
- Bike routes in all directions,
(N Williams/N Vancouver Ave and NE Going St)
- Bike Rental close by
- 15 min walk to the Alberta Arts district with its galleries, restaurants, food carts/pods and pubs
- 8 min walk to Historic Mississippi area with boutiques, restaurants, pubs and food carts
- 5 min walk to restaurants and pubs on N Williams Ave
- 25 min walk to Rose Quarter Arena (12 min by bus)
- 30 min walk to Oregon Convention Center (15 min by bus)
- 2.2 miles to downtown Portland (20min by bus)
* The Red MAX Line leaves frequently from the Portland Airport with a direct transfer at the Rose Quarter transit center to either
- Yellow Max Line to Expo Center (stop is Prescott St, then walk 18min east on N Skidmore St to get to this apartment, not recommended with lots of luggage),
- bus #44 to St Johns (exit at N Williams and NE Skidmore St, 2min walk east to this apartment),
- bus #4 to St Johns (exit at N Mississippi and NE Skidmore St, 11min walk east to this apartment),
- or transfer at the convention center MAX station to bus #6 to Jantzen Beach (exit at NE MLK and NE Prescott St, walk 100' south on MLK and 4 blocks west on NE Skidmore St to the studio).
* Portland is well known for its good public transportation, and this apartment (in a 1907 Portland Four-Square), is in the middle of it all: A single ticket is $2.50 & a day pass $5.
Other Things to Note
We have discounted rates for weekly or month-long stays. Contact us for details.
We have a cat, which is only upstairs and has never been in or near the studio.
The house manual will provide lot's of useful information about your stay.
Easy check in, flexible if no other party is arriving or leaving on days you check in/out. Just ask us if you need to adjust check in/out times.
Be kind to the apartment - we don't charge a cleaning fee for your benefit, so please reciprocate.
Once you check out, please leave the key to the apartment in the lock.
- NO SMOKING in the building
- NO PETS, sorry but we want to keep our place open to guests with allergies. Our own cat lives upstairs and has never been even close to the studio.
- NO SHOES, we keep a shoe free home, so please remove your shoes before entering the studio
- Lock DOORS and WINDOWS when you are leaving the building
- We do not provide daily HOUSEKEEPING, but clean the studio after each guest leaves.
If you have any issues during your stay please notify us immediately, so we can help with and address any problems as soon as possible. We want you to have a great stay.
Please don't park in the driveway next to our house as it belongs to our neighbor.
The Owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries, or illnesses that occur while on premises. The owners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings of the guests.
A cute and cozy (seemingly recently remodeled) mother-in-law unit in a 1907 house is in a perfect spot near to bruncheries and cafettes, but most importantly: Portland's recently additioned Cat Cafe. Fear not the basement, for there in is ample light. The hosts living above the unit allowed a booking snafu to be graciously flattened out.
We had a lovely stay with Deborah and Ludger, who were very welcoming and great to talk to when we arrived. The place is clean and cozy, and perfect for two people - we'd definitely stay there again.
The cozy and comfortable studio was fantastic! It's in a great location, a quiet neighborhood but close enough to walk to to shops, yoga, restaurants, a grocery store and cafes. The bed was one of the most comfortable I've slept in in all my travels. Ludgar and Deobrah were wonderful hosts, very friendly, helpful and available. I highly recommend this quiet gem and hope to stay with them again on another trip to Portland.
This downstairs studio apartment was wonderful! Everything was impeccably clean and ready for our arrival. It was easy to find and enter. The place is cozy and comfortable for two people. Although we visited in cold and rainy January, the studio remained temperate. The neighborhood is very walkable- we enjoyed wandering into many restaurants and shops nearby. We also appreciated that the owners made themselves available and left a great notebook filled with local information. Overall, we highly recommend this, especially considering that it's one of the more economically priced places in the area.
Clean and cozy. Good place to stay while visiting Portland. We enjoyed nearby restaurants and bars which were walking distance. Mississippi was a short drive away. We were able to meet friendly locals in these neighborhoods which I don't think would have happened if we stayed downtown. The hosts were friendly and checked in to see if we needed anything via text.
Good for couples looking to explore Portlands hip neighborhoods.
Although we never met, the communication was there. The place is neat and tidy and a very convenient location which was close to downtown and the other districts. I highly recommend this location.
We love the urban life, and we adore the Northwest's natural beauty. We love to hike, kayak, get to the coast and garden.
Ludger's an engineer, computer consultant and craftsman who makes old houses work better (and can fix just about anything!), and Deborah's a writer, poet and taught college English for a long time. We both work from home but love travel. We met on the way to Khajuraho, India (where you'll find the largest group of Medieval Hindu and Jain temples--famous for their erotic sculptures!) The bus broke down, and there we sat--two travelers dazed as the locals and their chickens and bags of rice departed.
We enjoy sharing our northeast Portland home, and respect your privacy. With a private entrance to come and go as you please, you can simply enjoy your time alone, or join us on the front porch. We are happy to tell you about our favorite haunts and hikes, answer any questions, or leave you to your romantic getaway. When our garden thrives, we'll share some produce.