Come stay in our cozy studio apartment. With its private entrance, enjoy a cheerful kitchen, fully-tiled bathroom with tub in a quiet neighborhood within walking distance to restaurants and bars of N. Williams, Historic Mississippi and Alberta Arts.
This remodeled unit is perfect for one or two people looking for a quiet and clean space. The place is all yours, though we are living in the same house if you would like to contact us.
In the studio you will find lots of windows, a very comfortable double-bed, coffee and tea as well as towels, sheets, blankets, shampoo and soap. And of course we offer free Wi-Fi with a good signal.
There is plenty of free 24h street parking in front of our house.
New Seasons (a local grocery chain) is nearby and provides an easy walk for groceries or a gourmet buffet when you don’t feel like messing up the kitchen.
The kitchen is fully "stuffed" with all you need to prepare a meal.
You can hang out on the front porch or in the backyard - where urban gardening is underway - enjoying the warm Portland summer nights with a glass of wine or a pint of local beer. We have washer and dryer onsite for your use.
Interaction with Guests
Friendly owners will offer tips and answer your questions. We are around for a chat or you can have all the privacy you like, it's up to you.
Only a few blocks from Historic Mississippi and Alberta Arts night-life, bike paths and bus routes, you can cook up a storm or grab a bite from one of the food carts. Portland’s known for great food, and you can find restaurants -- like Tasty n Sons or the Lincoln on N Williams -- and pubs like Hopsworks and Prost fit for your palate close by. Check out our guidebook for the details.
Distance to the Rose Garden Arena (Moda Center) is about 1.5 miles, about 2 miles to The Oregon Convention Center and the Chinese Garden and about 2.2 miles to Downtown Portland.
Some Details about our location:
- Bus stops to Downtown, one block
- Bike routes in all directions,
(N Williams/N Vancouver Ave and NE Going St)
- Bike Rental close by
- 15 min walk to the Alberta Arts district with its galleries, restaurants, food carts/pods and pubs
- 8 min walk to Historic Mississippi area with boutiques, restaurants, pubs and food carts
- 5 min walk to restaurants and pubs on N Williams Ave
- 25 min walk to Rose Quarter Arena (12 min by bus)
- 30 min walk to Oregon Convention Center (15 min by bus)
- 2.2 miles to downtown Portland (20min by bus)
* The Red MAX Line leaves frequently from the Portland Airport with a direct transfer at the Rose Quarter transit center to either
- Yellow Max Line to Expo Center (stop is Prescott St, then walk 18min east on N Skidmore St to get to this apartment, not recommended with lots of luggage),
- bus #44 to St Johns (exit at N Williams and NE Skidmore St, 2min walk east to this apartment),
- bus #4 to St Johns (exit at N Mississippi and NE Skidmore St, 11min walk east to this apartment),
- or transfer at the convention center MAX station to bus #6 to Jantzen Beach (exit at NE MLK and NE Prescott St, walk 100' south on MLK and 4 blocks west on NE Skidmore St to the studio).
* Portland is well known for its good public transportation, and this apartment (in a 1907 Portland Four-Square), is in the middle of it all: A single ticket is $2.50 & a day pass $5.
Other Things to Note
We have discounted rates for weekly or month-long stays.
We have a cat, which is only upstairs and has never been in or near the studio.
The house manual will provide lot's of useful information about your stay.
Easy check in, flexible if no other party is arriving or leaving on days you check in/out. Just ask us if you need to adjust check in/out times.
Be kind to the apartment - we don't charge a cleaning fee for your benefit, so please reciprocate.
- NO SMOKING in the building
- NO PETS, sorry but we want to keep our place open to guests with allergies. Our own cat lives upstairs and has never been even close to the studio.
- NO SHOES, we keep a shoe free home, so please remove your shoes before entering the studio
- Lock DOORS and WINDOWS when you are leaving the building
- We do not provide daily HOUSEKEEPING, but clean the studio after each guest checks out.
Once you check out, please leave the key to the apartment in the lock.
If you have any issues during your stay please notify us immediately, so we can help with and address any problems as soon as possible. We want you to have a great stay.
Please don't park in the driveway next to our house as it belongs to our neighbor.
The Owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries, or illnesses that occur while on premises. The owners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings of the guests.
Great location, easy check in. I highly recommend staying here if you are looking for something convenient.
The space is comfortable and efficient. We had a great stay. Deborah and Ludger have been very thoughtful about putting together helpful information to enjoy the area.
This quiet studio was perfect for our short stay in Portland. I don't think the pictures do the space justice, it's really quite cute! There's a bathroom, kitchen area with fridge, mini oven, hot plates, etc. and a bedroom. You have your own entrance so we rarely saw the owners. It is below their living space so there will be some noise when they walk around, but that didn't bother us.
This was a quiet, clean and cozy place situated in a perfect area. Grocery store close by so we stocked up on food which worked out well as there was a kitchen with all the fixins. We spoke with Deborah a couple of times and she was ultra helpful with questions on what to check out in the area. The private entrance allowed us to come and go as we pleased. Quiet, clean and just pleasant and chill. Overall our stay in the apartment and in Portland in general was nothing less than perfect. Thanks!
The studio was exactly as described but even MORE charming in person! There are wonderful books to read, brochures and information on what to do in Portland, a pretty fully stocked kitchen including complimentary coffee, and a full fridge! The neighborhood was absolutely perfect! Nearby art districts, lots of great dining, a short bike ride to the downtown area, and TASTY AND SONS is down the street! Get their french toast!
This place was definitely what all the reviews and the listing said. It was very comfortable, and in a good location for all the places I needed to visit during my trip! It's very easy to walk to everything you need, too. Deborah & Ludger were also very welcoming and helpful!
If/when I visit Portland again, I'll definitely be seeing if this place is available!
All the positive reviews are spot on and accurate. Cozy little basement studio with everything you need for the busy traveler. Met Deborah and Ludger briefly and they were super friendly and accommodating. You can't beat the price and location. Super convenient to seemingly every little neighborhood. Comes highly recommended.
We love the urban life, and we adore the Northwest's natural beauty. We love to hike, kayak, get to the coast and garden.
Ludger's an engineer, computer consultant and craftsman who makes old houses work better (and can fix just about anything!), and Deborah's a writer, poet and taught college English for a long time. We both work from home but love travel. We met on the way to Khajuraho, India (where you'll find the largest group of Medieval Hindu and Jain temples--famous for their erotic sculptures!) The bus broke down, and there we sat--two travelers dazed as the locals and their chickens and bags of rice departed.
We enjoy sharing our northeast Portland home, and respect your privacy. With a private entrance to come and go as you please, you can simply enjoy your time alone, or join us on the front porch. We are happy to tell you about our favorite haunts and hikes, answer any questions, or leave you to your romantic getaway. When our garden thrives, we'll share some produce.