The apartment is right off Piccadilly......location was wonderful.....within walking distance to Trafalgar Sq, Buckingham Palace, Big Ben, Westminster Abbey... Plenty of pubs/restaurants in the nearby area. Julia’s Review Mar 14
Experience Central London on your doorstep. 5-10 minutes’ walk sees at Buckingham Palace, Houses of Parliament, National Gallery, Soho and China Town. Relax and explore some of the best shopping London has to offer – no need for public transport with lots of bags! Within a 500m radius there are some of the most famous theatres in the world and cinemas with numerous screens.
The apartment is prepared and looked after to a very high standard.
A booking for two guests is on the basis of linen for one double bed. If two of you require a bed each, then there is a one off additional charge of £12 to be paid on arrival.
Check in is between 15.00 and 17.00. After 17.00 keys can be collected from a local key holder - they charge you £10 for the service. Check in can be as late as 2am on most days and 4am at weekends - if the keys are picked up from the key holder.
The apartment is 50m from Piccadilly Tube Station - the Piccadilly Line is direct from Heathrow.
The Airbnb amenities section gives details of what the apartment offers but basically:
* No smoking
* WIFI - unlimited Internet –use of land line by arrangement
* TV/DVD - Freesat
* A4 A to Z of London 318 pages of maps and information
* Shower room - PHARO jet shower
* Video entry phone
* Hair dryer
* Enough shampoo, shower gel, toilet rolls and soap for your first couple
* Modern fully fitted kitchen
* USA and Europe electric plug adaptors provided x 3
* Kitchen is stocked with salt, pepper and some condiments
* Clean & Modern apartment
* Elevator/lift - there is only one elevator/lift
* Triple glazing
* Excellent noise insulation between apartments
* 24 hour monitored CCTV
* 1 double size bed and 1 sofa bed and one beech slat guest bed or zig zag bed
* Travel baby cot available and high chair
* Dining table + chairs
Tesco Metro, Lower Regent Street [major supermarket/grocery store] is 200m. and a 24 hour Tesco Express 300m. Coop Food Store – Soho and The Strand.
Arrival - Departure
Luggage can be deposited @ 12 noon but check in is at 3pm. Check In after 3pm can be arranged. Very late check in can be a problem.
Check out is 11am.
You will be met on arrival and handed the keys. Late check in - we can manage check in up to 3am if you give plenty of notice.
Interaction with Guests
Entire use of the apartment - host is near by if needed.
Busy and right in the centre. A great place to be if you do not want to spend money on transport and would like to have the odd meal in. Also, your day does not have to start so early - because no trains to catch! No worries about the 12 midnight dead line on the tube.
Within 5-10 minutes walk you can reach:
• anywhere in Soho (Leicester Square, China Town, Old Compton Street, Carnaby Street, etc)
• Oxford Circus & Oxford Street (shopping area)
• Piccadilly Circus & Regent Street (shopping area)
• Bond Street (shopping area in Mayfair)
Within 10-20 minutes walk:
• Trafalgar Square & National Gallery
• Covent Garden
• St James' Park & Buckingham Palace
• Old Bond & Burlington Arcade
• Green Park & Hyde Park Corner
• Big Ben, Houses of Parliament & Westminster Abbey
• Thames River and The London Eye
There are numerous public transport options – the most cost effective way to travel is to purchase an Oyster card and catch a London bus (25 different routes), or get the London Underground excellent subway system. The nearest tube stations are:
• Oxford Circus (Central, Victoria and Bakerloo lines) is just 175 metres away
• Tottenham Court Road (Central and Northern lines) is just 400 metres
• Piccadilly Circus (Bakerloo and Piccadilly lines) is just 25 metres away
• Leicester Square (Northern and Piccadilly lines) 100 metres away and
• Covent Garden (Piccadilly line) 250 metres away
Other Things to Note
Public transport in London is not like the rest of Europe – it is expensive, a central location will save you time and money. An off peak ticket for London Underground would cost you £8.00 per person per day for Zones 1, 2, 3 and 4 and £9 if you are in Zones 5 or 6. That's a saving of at least £30 per day for a party of four!
L appartement était très bien situé ,agréable ,propre . Nous avons passer un bon week end et tout à proximité donc gain de temps :) , nous somme arrivée tard donc nous avons du récupèrer les clefs mais très bien expliqué. Je le recommande et quand je reviendrai je louerai certainement le même . Encore merci :)
Comfortable flat maintained to high standard. A great spot right in the heart of London. Well equipped kitchen and bathroom.
The apartment was very swish and immaculate! The location was great if you want a night out!
The reservation was canceled 6 days before arrival. This is an automated posting.
First thing to say : the location is ideal ! You only have to walk 2 minutes to go to Picadilly Circus, same for Leicester Square, 5min from Trafalgar Square. Perfect !
Plus, the apartment is really comfortable, well furnished. Everything is included : sheets, towels, hairdryer, soap/shampoo, and wifi...
Good communication with the owner and the couple who works for her, very welcoming.
In conclusion, we are completely satisfied of our trip :)
This host has 102 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews