This fantastic backyard garden oasis has been completely remodeled and is available for rent by the night. Hardwood floors, AC unit, heater, full size bed with organic cotton mattress and 600 thread count Egyptian Cotton sheets. Fully equipped bathroom with shower, small closet and pedestal sink. Small refrigerator and microwave for your convenience. Free Wi-Fi!
Enjoy a private entrance onto our beautiful 1/2 acre lot. Take in the fresh air while sitting in the Adirondack Chairs right outside your door or spend the day reveling in all that Austin has to offer. We are 2 1/2 miles from downtown Austin and the U.T. campus. There is a bus stop just a short walk up the street or rent one of our bikes while you are here. Check-out time is 12:00 pm (noon) and check-in time is after 2:00 pm.
No minimum stay. Rates START at $50 per night or $300 per week. Also available for rent by the month. Please look at calendar carefully as rates are subject to increase during festivals and other high traffic times (SXSW, ACL, F1, etc.) Price increases are reflected on the calendar!
Want to see more pictures??? Check us out on Instagram at #mmairstream
Guests are welcome to enjoy everything our backyard has to offer. Play with the cats, give treats to the pig, throw the ball to the dogs, sing to the chickens, lounge in the hammock or adirondack chairs.
Interaction with Guests
We LOVE to chat with our guests, but also understand when people are looking for a private retreat. We live in the main house and spend a lot of time on our back porch and in the yard. Come talk to us and visit whenever you want. Or ask our girls to sing for you, do a gymnastics routine, or put on a theatrical play. They love the attention.
1. We LOVE pets, but please leave yours at home.
2. Speaking of pets, please enjoy ours while you are here.
3. Smoking (cigarettes, folks; not the special stuff) is okay as long as it happens outside and not in the trailer.
4. Although we want you, the guests, to enjoy the trailer and our yard as much as you can, please ask us before inviting others to join you.
5. Stay up as late as you want, but please keep it quiet after 10 pm. We want our neighbors to continue liking us. :)
Marcella and Meredith were wonderful hosts, and staying in their airstream was so much fun! My boyfriend and I stayed here for a little Valentine's getaway in Austin before heading to Big Bend. My boyfriend arrived first and had more interaction with them than I did, but he reports that Marcella was super welcoming and helpful. After that they gave us privacy, but I felt like they were easily available if we had needed them. The camper is every bit as cute as it looks in the photos, and the yard is a fun spot to enjoy your morning coffee/tea and watch the animals. The bed was very comfortable and the homemade toffee was divine! I hope that we can come back someday soon!
I arrived late in evening and was glad to have so many details in her profile to navigate where to go. The airstream was very clean, welcoming, and charming. So where the animals.
We loved staying in the Airstream! The set up was very cute and Marcella responded in a timely manner to message and phone calls. We would definitely return in the future!
Loved staying at this magical airstream! Once we arrived at the property and went into the backyard, we were excited to see the farm animals, the hanging lights, and everything else that made this place charming. The airstream was cozy and comfortable, and Marcella left us everything we needed (towels, shampoo and conditioner,blankets, coffee). The bed was super comfortable. Would definitely recommend staying here, you wont forget your experience! We ate at a cute bar/restaurant nearby called Drink Well.
We had the best time staying at Marcella and Meredith's adorable airstream! The location was great in terms of navigating to tourist spots around Austin but still having a homey feel. They were wonderful hosts and provided everything you could possibly need, including a handmade guest book full of suggestions on where to eat, and delicious homemade toffee! Our hosts were friendly but respectful of our privacy. The animals, especially Shiner the pig, were such a fun bonus to the experience. We truly loved staying at this charming gem of a place and will definitely book it again the next time we're in Austin.
I had the pleasure of escaping to Austin and staying at this little gem for a few days to write some new music. It was peaceful, quiet, and the perfect environment to get inspired. Great location and Marcella has created a wonderful backyard oasis to make it feel even more special. I'll definitely be staying here again the next time I'm in Austin!
marcella and meredith were incredibly warm and kind hosts. their airstream is an absolute dream and their backyard full of animals of all types is totally magical. they had a whole list of suggestions for austin exploring in the trailer, as well as some homemade toffee waiting for us :) i'd love to stay here again next time i'm in town, or at least come by and say hello to them and shiner the pig :)
This host has 85 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
Hi! My name is Marcella. Here's a little about me:
1) I have an amazing partner, Meredith, and an ever fluctuating number of kids living with us.
2) The reason why the number of kids changes is because we are foster parents.
3) Being a foster mom is the hardest and most rewarding thing I have ever done.
4) I began hosting on airbnb as a way to supplement our income and allow me to stay home with our kiddos.
5) I'm so glad I did, because I LOVE being an airbnb host!
6) When I have some free time, I love to garden or putter around outside doing projects.
7) I love animals but never expected to have quite so many.
8) I also never expected to be washing so much laundry as an adult. :)
9) I make really good English Toffee.
10) I always share some of my toffee with guests. :)