This fantastic backyard garden oasis has been completely remodeled and is available for rent by the night. Hardwood floors, AC unit, heater, full size bed with organic cotton mattress and 600 thread count Egyptian Cotton sheets. Fully equipped bathroom with shower, small closet and pedestal sink. Small refrigerator and microwave for your convenience. Free Wi-Fi!
Enjoy a private entrance onto our beautiful 1/2 acre lot. Take in the fresh air while sitting in the Adirondack Chairs right outside your door or spend the day reveling in all that Austin has to offer. We are 2 1/2 miles from downtown Austin and the U.T. campus. There is a bus stop just a short walk up the street or rent one of our bikes while you are here. Check-out time is 12:00 pm (noon) and check-in time is after 2:00 pm.
No minimum stay. Rates START at $50 per night or $300 per week. Also available for rent by the month. Please look at calendar carefully as rates are subject to increase during festivals and other high traffic times (SXSW, ACL, F1, etc.) Price increases are reflected on the calendar!
Want to see more pictures??? Check us out on Instagram at #mmairstream
Guests are welcome to enjoy everything our backyard has to offer. Play with the cats, give treats to the pig, throw the ball to the dogs, sing to the chickens, lounge in the hammock or adirondack chairs.
Interaction with Guests
We LOVE to chat with our guests, but also understand when people are looking for a private retreat. We live in the main house and spend a lot of time on our back porch and in the yard. Come talk to us and visit whenever you want. Or ask our girls to sing for you, do a gymnastics routine, or put on a theatrical play. They love the attention.
1. We LOVE pets, but please leave yours at home.
2. Speaking of pets, please enjoy ours while you are here.
3. Smoking (cigarettes, folks; not the special stuff) is okay as long as it happens outside and not in the trailer.
4. Although we want you, the guests, to enjoy the trailer and our yard as much as you can, please ask us before inviting others to join you.
5. Stay up as late as you want, but please keep it quiet after 10 pm. We want our neighbors to continue liking us. :)
As soon as you pull in to the drive way you can feel the love that surrounds this wonderful place. From the beautiful landscape, warm welcomes, and adorable furry and non furry children this place is perfect for a nice getaway.
Such a lovely relaxing place to stay! My husband and I are convinced that this is one of the hidden gems in Austin! Marcella & Meredith were very friendly and always willing to give guidance for things to do and see in Austin. Will definitely be staying here again when we're back in town!
Marcella could not have been more gracious or helpful. She hurried to flip the airstream for us, having been informed that we had a long rough night. She also let me borrow an iphone charger, a real life saver. Their mission is a noble one; providing temporary foster care to kids in need, and being a guest at this authentically charming accommodation helps to make it possible for Marcella to be at home to look after their growing brood of kids and critters. Note that the church next door is undergoing construction, but truthfully, I am pretty noise sensitive and it didn't bother me a lick. The immediate neighborhood may be a little off putting, but the little quirky, cheerful sanctuary they have created in their back yard provides an affordable and memorable lodging experience, with the added benefit of knowing you are doing a little good.
What a delightful weekend in the airstream at Marcella's.... I wanted to bottle up the entire back yard and take it home. The airstream was charming and had everything we needed ... Not to mention comfy. My daughter couldn't get enough of Shiner the piglet... Every little detail was adorable an perfect. I can't wait to visit again.
The airstream was beautiful, exactly as described. Marcella and family made us feel welcome in their special oasis. With great tips on where to go and what to see in their guidebook as well as some additional insight from Marcella, we really enjoyed our time in Austin at SXSW. Transit was pretty straightforward, about a 5 minute walk to the bus and the ride downtown was approximately 25 minutes. Say hello to Shiner the pig when you stay!
I had a wonderfully relaxing experience and the brittle was a great treat. The "farm like" environment made for a unique and surprisingly quite stay.
This host has 99 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
Hi! My name is Marcella. Here's a little about me:
1) I have an amazing partner, Meredith, and an ever fluctuating number of kids living with us.
2) The reason why the number of kids changes is because we are foster parents.
3) Being a foster mom is the hardest and most rewarding thing I have ever done.
4) I began hosting on airbnb as a way to supplement our income and allow me to stay home with our kiddos.
5) I'm so glad I did, because I LOVE being an airbnb host!
6) When I have some free time, I love to garden or putter around outside doing projects.
7) I love animals but never expected to have quite so many.
8) I also never expected to be washing so much laundry as an adult. :)
9) I make really good English Toffee.
10) I always share some of my toffee with guests. :)