About This Listing
Eastwood Escape is a lovely home with stunning views of the Sierras located 3 miles from Oakhurst, at 2600 ft elevation. The home is located in a park-like setting on top of a hill and is a great place to stage a trip to Yosemite or Bass Lake.
The Eastwood Escape is a lovely home with stunning views of the Sierras located 2 miles Northwest of Oakhurst, at 2600 ft elevation. The home is located in a park-like setting on top of a hill with over 2 acres of Manzanita, Oak and Cedar trees. Deer, rabbits, and quail are often seen crossing the property. There is ample parking for those who are traveling with a boat or RV.
About Our Location
The home is conveniently located only 23 miles to the South entrance of Yosemite, with the Mariposa Grove of giant Sequoias just inside the gate. Travel only 11 miles to Bass Lake where you can enjoy year-round fishing and seasonal water skiing and swimming. Sierra Meadows country club is only 4 miles away and features an 18 hole golf course open year-round. The town of Oakhurst is just 5 minutes away and has a wide variety of grocery stores, restaurants, thrift shops, movie rentals, sporting goods, etc. Chukchansi Gold Resort & Casino is a quick 15 mile drive.
About The House
This home has 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. The master has a queen bed, a twin day bed with a pull-out twin trundle, flat screen TV with DVD and cable, attached bathroom, and outside access. The second room has a queen bed and a beautiful view of Deadwood mountain. The third room has a full bed, also with beautiful views from window. The large living room has panoramic views of the Sierras through the windows. This home can accommodate up to 8 guests. For your comfort, we recommend a maximum of 6 adults with 2 children. In the winter time enjoy snuggling up to a fire in the wood burning stove, or watch a movie on the 50” flat-screen smart TV with access to Netflix and YouTube. There is Wi-Fi internet access to keep the whole family entertained. Enjoy a BBQ on the enormous deck, or cook a meal in the well-equipped kitchen.
Please note: This home is located in a quiet family community. Please respect your neighbors. If you're looking for a place to party, this is not the rental for you.
Traveling to Yosemite?
Our house is in a great location for people wanting to travel into Yosemite but still want to be near gas stations, grocery stores, and restaurants. Taking the Hwy 41 route (which is beautiful), it is about a 35 minute drive (23 miles) to the South entrance and the Mariposa grove of giant Sequoias. From there, it is another 45 minutes (20 miles) to the center of Yosemite Valley. There is hardly any food, gas, or lodging between Oakhurst where our house is located and Yosemite Valley. What stops are available can be very expensive. From our house you can either travel up the Yosemite river canyon on Hwy 140 (Take Hwy 49 to historic Mariposa) or travel on Hwy 41 to see the "Big Trees". I suggest going one way and returning the other in order to see the most of Yosemite. The distances are about equal. Most of our guests pick our house because of its proximity to Yosemite and access to shopping and dining in Oakhurst.
After you make your reservation, you will receive an email with your code for the electronic locks.
Interaction with Guests
I am available on my cell 24-7. Just text or call me if you have questions or problems!
Large lots, private settings, very low traffic, panoramic views, and local wildlife make this area a luxurious area to stay on your vacation.
No public transit. The house is only 3 miles from the town of Oakhurst.
1. Smoking: Smoking is NOT allowed indoors. Smoking is allowed outside only.
2. Property: Keep the property and all furnishings in good order.
3. Kitchen: dishes are to be washed and put away prior to Check-out. A dishwasher and soap is available. Refrigerator should be emptied.
4. Appliances: Only use appliances for their intended uses
5. Pets: Pets are NOT allowed without prior permission and associated damage and cleaning deposits. Pets are to remain outside on a leash, or in the garage / recreation room.
6. Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. We suggest you bring beach towels for swimming. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the units.
7. Wood Burning Stove: There is a wood burning stove available for use. Guest must supply wood. The use of the stove is discouraged due to possibility of smoke inside the house.
8. Water: The property is on a private well. Due to mineral content, we recommend using the provided Brita water filter.
9. Septic: The septic system is very effective; however, it will clog up if improper material is flushed. DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper. No feminine products should be flushed at anytime. If it is found that feminine products have been flushed and clog the septic system, you could be charged damages of up to $500.
10. Storms: No refunds will be given for storms or power outage. Mountain roads are curvy and steep. The paved driveway is well maintained and severe weather is rare; however, we highly recommend four wheel drive and/or chains during the snow months. We do not refund due to road conditions. In the event of power outage, please call owner for alternate power solutions.
11. Noise: This home is located in a quiet family community. Please respect your neighbors and refrain from loud music or noise outside.
12. Check Out: Check out time is 10 AM. This gives our cleaning crew just enough time to clean up for the next guest.
13. This house is privately owned; the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
The house is great, very clean and everything was as described. The only downfall was I did not feel safe sleeping at night because there were quite a few windows that would not lock properly. The house is very secluded so I did not feel safe.
This may be hard to believe, but a lot of people who live up here leave their doors unlocked and their keys in the car. This is a very safe neighborhood. I know the neighbors and they look after the place. The windows do have locks. In fact, they have a secondary lock that allows them to only open about 3". I open them for guests so that the house is cool and not stuffy when they arrive. Thank you for the feedback!
We only stayed one night at Eastwood Escape and wished we stayed longer. We were a large group (4 adults and 3 kids) and the house was perfect for us. The open design of the living space is ideal and the views from the deck are spectacular. We saw the pictures and made it a point to arrive early enough in the evening to enjoy the view and cook and dine on the deck.
Everything was clean and orderly, the beds were comfortable and the owners provide more than enough amenities for a comfortable stay. The house is on large property and the trees surrounding the house provide privacy.
The house is perfect if you are visiting Yosemite. Doug has a comprehensive and detailed house manual that also describes nearby hikes, trails, lakes and areas of interest to visit. The communication with Doug was clear and consistent. Everything was painless and easy. We would definitely book our stay here again.
We had a great stay at Doug's place. The house was just as described and perfect for our party of 3 kids and 4 adults. The views from the large deck were even better than in the pictures. We loved the secluded, large property. We would definitely consider staying here for another trip to Yosemite.
This host has 32 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Doug
I bought this cabin because I love the the atmosphere of the place and hope to help other people make great memories here. I hope that you will enjoy your stay and leave feeling relaxed and rested.
I own an automotive repair shop in Oakhurst, CA. I have a wife and one child.
Great car repair. Honest service.Enterprise Dr Oakhurst CA 93644
Awesome beer. Local brew-pub.Enterprise Dr Oakhurst CA 93644
Sporting goods, hiking, etc.California 49 Oakhurst CA 93644
Groceries.California 49 Oakhurst CA 93644
Groceries.California 41 Oakhurst CA 93644
Great pizza.California 41 Oakhurst CA 93644
Good burgers and sandwhiches.California 41 Oakhurst CA 93644
Good Italian food.California 41 Oakhurst CA 93644
Good seafood.Golden Oak Loop Oakhurst CA 93644
Good Mexican food.California 41 Oakhurst CA 93644
Good steaks.California 41 Oakhurst CA 93644
Great burgers in their little restaurant. Boat rentals. Right on Bass Lake!Road 222 Wishon CA 93669