This recently constructed (2012) spacious 3 bedroom/4 bathroom home is located on 2 private acres adjacent to Arenal Volcano State Park. Each bedroom has its own terrace overlooking the old Ceiba Tree and views of Arenal Volcano and Lake. The open layout allows cool mountain breezes to flow through the home. Enjoy leisure activity in our bar/game room and cool off in our swimming pool or relax in the hot tub with direct views of the active face of the volcano. Ideal for groups/families (sleeps 6-10 people). Enjoy meals cooked by our personal chef (available on request) or prepare your own culinary creation in our fully equipped gourmet kitchen. Daily cleaning service provided. Laundry service available on request.
Located within minutes of El Castillo, Sky Trek Zip-Line Canopy Tours, Kayaking and ATV rentals. Horseback tours to the waterfalls or fishing tours on the lake or Rio Frio can be arranged. Massage therapy is available at the Blue Lagoon Spa just 500 meters up the hill. Hot Springs and La Fortuna are just 30 minutes away. An escape from the daily stress of work for a week in paradise will rejuvenate your soul and reconnect you with what life is meant to be.
The property is adjacent to a virgin cloud forest. Explore miles of hiking trails through the rain forest that lead down to the nearby Rio Piedras Negras. Howler monkeys, toucans, wild turkeys, parrots, coati mundis (aka pizotes), tayras and more can be regularly spotted from the house and in the vicinity.
WiFi broadband internet access is included. Tune in internet radio from anywhere in the world or watch DVDs and Netflix on a 42" HDTV.
1. NO SMOKING INDOORS. Smoking is allowed outside only.
2. People other than those in the Guest party set forth above may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of Guest.
3. The premises are privately owned; the Homeowners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
4. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order.
5. Only use appliances for their intended uses.
6. Pets are NOT allowed.
7. Housekeeping: Basic housekeeping service is provided on alternate days. Fresh bath towels will be furnished on alternate days. Towels and linens are not to be removed from the premises by Guests.
8. Laundry: Not available for guest self service. Laundry service is available upon request.
9. Hot Tub: No children under the age of 12 permitted in hot tub without adult supervision. When using the hot tub, remember there is a certain health risk associated with this facility. Use at your own risk. Heater should only be turned on while hot tub is in use (we suggest turning on 1 hour prior to intended time of use) and please conserve energy by turning off after each use. Do not operate hot tub when pool filtration cycle is operating.
10. Water and Septic: The property is supplied with untreated pure spring water. Waste water is handled by a septic system. The septic system is very effective; however, it will clog up if improper material is flushed. DO NOT FLUSH anything other than body wastes. No feminine hygiene products should be flushed at anytime. Toilet paper and hygiene products should be disposed in provided closed canisters which will be collected daily. Please help us preserve the environment.
11. Storms and power outage:
No refunds will be given due to storms or inclement weather or power outage.
13. Road conditions: The final 10km of the road to the property is unpaved. It is well maintained; however, we highly recommend a four wheel drive or a vehicle with high clearance to access the property. Refunds will not be issued due to road conditions.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Casa Ceiba. The house is incredible and is the perfect place to relax and enjoy your vacation in Costa Rica. The backyard has a very nice pool and hot tub area overlooking the Arenal volcano. There is a ping pong table and bar downstairs by the pool which we enjoyed at night. We saw toucans flying in the trees nearby which was pretty awesome. The only difficulty we had was the long, rocky road that you turn onto from the highway to get to El Castillo. It is a bit unnerving and full of potholes (which is not uncommon in Costa Rica). We got through it just fine in our SUV. There are a number of resorts with hot springs in Arenal between the house and La Fortuna. We highly recommend checking out The Springs resort - it is amazing!! We also recommend doing the whitewater rafting trip through Wave Expeditions. We hope to return to CR in the future and would love to stay at Casa Ceiba again. It is a slice of heaven!!
This house has a fantastic view of the lake and the rolling green hills. There is no longer a view of the volcano due to trees and foliage growth on the property unless you walk down the hill a ways. There is a lot more landscaping, vegetation, and foliage now than present back when the photos shown were taken. The 3 bedrooms are nice. The beds are a little firm but still fine. The shower in the master bedroom has nice pressure and temperature. The pool was also nice and very refreshing, though could use some fresh paint. The hot tub is a bit shallow but was very nice to enjoy at night, as long as the heating process begins a couple of hours before getting in. The road up the hill to the house is certainly bone jarring, but not a problem with 4 wheel drive. Eating at the B&B Nepenthe up the road a ways was one of the highlights of our trip, as was getting massages there! There are a few things I would recommend for betterment of a stay at this property. Daily housekeeping was advertised as included in our stay, but during our one week stay, Emilce only came twice. This was a problem for us as when we rent houses, we pack light and just wash our clothes frequently. I contacted both the property manager and the owner about this and was explained that daily service is no longer included in the stay unless specifically requested and that due to previous renters mismanaging the laundry machines, access to them is only available with the housekeeper doing the laundry herself. Once Emilce did arrive, she came with a portable hand crank washing machine and explained to me that the washing machine in the locked laundry room was broken and had been so for some time. She explained that the reason tenants can not wash their own clothes at the house is because it has to be hand cranked and takes a long time. We gave her our clothes, but this was a mistake. Our underwear came out chewed up and torn. The other problem with not having regular housekeeping service was the trash. There is no instruction book for tenants at this property, so one has to rely on Alan, the current property manager for instructions on things like waste disposal. He is very kind and lovely to hang out with! But I think he has a lot on his mind at times with his own properties. Another peculiarlity about this house is that it has no hair blow dryers to be found. There are many screens on the windows and doors that are ripped or coming off the frames. Perhaps tenants do these things, but then aren't charged for damages to fix or replace things when they are broken or damaged, as is the case with the washing machine? This is a lovely home that needs some maintenance and management. :)
The place was absolutely Amazing and even better once arrive and in person.
If you want remote, secluded, private, beautiful, and comfort....this place is for you!
The property manager was amazing. He was available all the time for giving advice on places to eat, visit, and activities to do.
The cooks who you can pay to cook your meals if you wish were amazing also! The food her and her husband cooked were better than any of the food we had elsewhere. She was fully attentive to any allergies and cooked whatever we liked. The best part besides the taste honestly was the price. To have someone come in buy the food, cook it, clean up for the price we paid is unbelievable.
Overall really a must stay place if you are looking for a place in the area.
I'm an electronic product marketing manager. I work for TDK (EPCOS). I love Costa Rica and plan to retire there some day. In the meantime, I have to be satisfied with visiting from time to time. We love to spend time at our vacation place in El Castillo de La Fortuna.